Shouting "hellfire" in a crowded movie theater

In an interview with The Christian Post, Webber, the 28-year-old pastor of Truth & Triumph Ministries, said he often evangelizes at movie theaters. But following a showing of the "Avengers" on the evening of April 26 the lights in the theater were still off when he began to preach, and he believes that's what led to the chaos of people running for the exits and some being injured as they tried to escape.

What do you guys think of this? How far has society fallen that the very name of Jesus sends people into a blind panic? I don't know if this is the best way to go about evangelizing, but the response to and potential punishment of this man is simply ridiculous.

Attached: michael-and-mariah-webber.jpg (590x393, 202.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

christianpost.com/news/pastor-arrested-movie-theater-preaching-avengers-tells-his-side-of-the-story-223687/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Forgive me my brothers; I forgot the source.

christianpost.com/news/pastor-arrested-movie-theater-preaching-avengers-tells-his-side-of-the-story-223687/

I live in Redlands and I didn't even know this happened lol nice to see we made the news.

Yelling fire in a crowded movie theatre is a felony IIRC, user.

Attached: 0fdaeb6016391affdfc5403cd18acf25c1355726e6dba9583bd063bf8f9f6ea1.png (427x503, 347.28K)

I don't think you understand what happened. The man began preaching the Gospel in a movie theater following the showing of a film. The audience mistook him for a religious fanatic and panicked. Some were subsequently injured in the ensuing chaos.

O I'm laffin.
I can't say it was unexpected for him to be met with scorn and hatred for spreading the gospel, along with people supposedly running out of the theater.
Proverbs 28:1

well considering he's in the united states of gun worship i'm not surprised, they probably thought he was some lunatic ranting before he shoots up a movie theater

Attached: 8-wFoOPa_400x400.jpg (384x384, 21.36K)

Perhaps I was incorrect. He is probably most certainly a fanatic. This is not a bad thing however - it's just a word for having complete, unflinching devotion to a cause, like a religion. When that devotion is turned to the Truth, it is a virtue. Sadly, the words 'fanatic' and 'fanaticism' are heavily loaded with negative connotations in today's culture.

so…Protestantism in a nutshell?

Attached: spanish conquistadors 2.jpg (1280x752, 330.58K)

did he not see this coming?

What's the problem here?

Attached: mistook.png (158x110, 2.64K)

First thing that comes to mind is Proverbs 28:1 lmao

What did he do wrong? When I first saw the article I mistakenly assumed he interrupted the movie but no, he only preached when it was over. What's so retarded about that? Some troll yelled shooter and a caller intentionally lied to the police by saying there were 30-40 gunshots had been fired. Seeing his script, I have no idea how someone hearing what he said could have honestly mistook him for a gunman. It's not his fault a couple of trolls tried to cause a panic. You may disagree with his preaching methods and that is fair but he is not at fault for the panic and shouldn't have been charged.

I find this to be disingenuous because I know the way you shout "hellfire" emphasises the "hell" in almost one single flowing syllable.
That idiots heard that as "fire" suggests idiocy in a cinema on a scale not seen since the film idiocracy was in theatres.
I'll warrant that IF there was a stampede – which his side of the story says there was not – a few people ran from his preaching, and the stampede of blind fools not knowing what they were running from ensued, then everyone accused him of shouting "fire" because that makes far more sense considering this is L.A., home of fedoras

This sounds a lot more like mob justice by police than anything else.

Moreso than this, it sounds like the hearts of men (and women) in Redlands are as hardened steel against God.

Furthermore, I really hope the fedora comments in here are from lurking fedoras and not, as they appear to larp, this board's resident apostolibros

That's pretty funny, actually. Well done.

Attached: oliver-cromwell-unimpressed.jpg (429x544, 31.65K)

He literally is a religious fanatic by definition

(((you)))

Attached: fedoras-edgelords-we-troll-u-board-post-post-post-post-post-post.png (957x773, 84.77K)

also, this

Attached: triggerman-3-preview-2.jpg (520x346, 74.38K)

As stated above, I do not believe he was actually shouting 'hellfire'. See

Hah! Spot on!!!

I'm not fedora but what makes you think he isn't kek

If you think about it, superheroes are the false idols of this generation. I hate to sound like a boomer, but it's literally paganism. People flip shit if you insult their superhero. Look at how pozzed the comic book industry is.

Ha ha.
Now bother off!

I love it.