Suppressor Thread

Anything suppressor related. Recommendations, theory, legal questions, image dump, whatever you want.

I really like the simple construction of the VSS one, it's basically a straight line of stamped metal, how effective would that be?

Also integrated suppressors are sexy.

Attached: silencer-2.JPG (650x443 54.45 KB, 36.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7pOXunRYJIw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fug, excuse me for double picture, i intended to post this one.

So, how does spacing of the baffles and their amount relative to the amount of baffles impact its performance? Rifle rounds tend to have more volume and less baffles compared to pistols and vice versa, why is that? Could larger volume be better at dropping the pressure compared to what, cooling from baffles slowing the gas down? Could it be that there is more volume in the front in rifle cans to drop the pressure to reduce the wear and if it wasn't be a problem then could more baffles improve it?

Attached: bab0d06ce82631a8f40a8acbc54ba198.jpg (736x552, 91.6K)

What is the actual serialized part of a suppressor? Can I get a tax stamp, register a 2" diameter tube with a serial number stamped on it, and then just swap out baffles and thread adapters to suit whatever purpose? Or will that get me V&?

I got a neat little mill, a 3d printer, and a I am going to be purchasing the rest of the stuff I need to make funs. Can I make a suppressor with a mill? Or do I need a lathe? Because I have a shitty broke mini lathe and need to know if o should just purchase the full sized one.

The registered part is whatever mates to the threading of the barrel. Look up SilencerCo's 'oil filter' suppressors. You buy one threaded adaptor and then you can replace the can infinite times after it wears out. Really, all suppressors ought to be designed this way, or at least designed to be disassembled so the owner can replace worn baffles, wipes, screens, mesh, etc… the fact that so many single-piece suppressors exist on the market that are welded the fuck together is an insult to the consumer.

was there a baffle strike on one of the short ones?

Check out monocore designs, they'd be easier to make. Or, if you want a 22lr one, just 3d print the whole thing, there are plenty of files, even single piece no support ones.

No, they leak the gasses out through the hole near the base. That way they use the space that would otherwise be contained by the K baffles.

Can someone say how do monocore designs like picrel compare to M or K type baffles? I'm really interested in slanted suppressor designs because of how simple they are and these seem to be the closest their representation.

Also here's the hero.

Attached: oil can.jpg (3116x2508 46.55 KB, 897.46K)

Car suspension is where it's at.
Hell some of them already have the proper threading.

MODS!!!

How limited are current suppressors by manufacturing methods?
How are technologies like additive manufacturing going to change suppressors?

sadly I don't think Zig Forums has a suppressor expert.

does anyone know what the point of a faux suppressor is? does it do anything other than being a heavier hollow barrel?

Attached: ScorpCarbFauxSuppFDEWeb.png (1070x713, 87.29K)

To look cool, and looking cool is half the battle. I've seen some faux suppressors used to increase the legal length of a barrel before too.

Opinions?

Attached: RECP-190100-RPRINTEG-monocore_design-958x432.jpg (958x432, 593.34K)

why not just get a longer barrel with a muzzle brake then? those look cool and have an actual function.

Thanks friend. Gonna be working on a creedmore and a 9x39

Post baffles with dogs please.

Attached: Hi pals.png (500x506, 113.65K)

contributing

Attached: siletnz.jpg (600x3282 1.02 MB, 313.69K)

Attached: sneky welrod.jpg (1210x1150, 216.88K)

Your drawing looks like a photo I've seen but the baffles run the opposite way to that one.

If you think about it you're essentially turning mechanical energy (sound) into heat.

Wondering if a fleshlight would work.

Attached: 43117da3ab95744912066288adf14e02e7409f8d60bb57a49a40fcdd747db85f.jpg (720x480 41.33 KB, 11.61M)

Technically, you're slowing the rate at which the energy is released too, letting the rest of the powder burn and expand which reduces the pressure and drops the heat, therefore reducing the sound. Some newer suppressors even vent the gasses out, just do it slowly so they don't make much noise, without increase of pressure in operating mechanism and therefore overgassing, ROF and blowback.

Attached: Bagina.mp4 (720x1280, 5.35M)

Eventually, I'm going to apply for a form to make my own suppressors since I've been reading that it takes a lot less time to get approval. I see a lot of commercial offerings being full auto rated and non FA rated. What's the difference?

Really good shit if you own a 22. but would pic 3 even work with larger calibers?. Like for example a 9mm, 40S&W, 45ACP or even a 357.

Do it anyway.
If the police argue, claim you're a muslim "refugee" or a gang member and your buddies will kill them.
Can't you get black market stuff anyway? I mean you have the Balkans to the north.

Anyone have experience with shotgun supressors or are they just a meme?Hypothetically, say if someone was hypothetically wanting to shoot down some hypothetical quad-copters in their suburban back yard. Would a can on a 20 gauge or a 12 gauge be quiet enough to not arouse suspicion?

Attached: 41JgrJkl3AL._SY300_QL70_.jpg (300x300, 10.11K)

I remember reading someone making pic 2 for 556.

As for pic 3, at least for a single shot - it'll work. Just basic empty bottles have been used, they get their bottom blown out but still slow down the gasses a bit so you get some sound reduction. I'd not use plastic as the outer hull(or whatever it's called) if you're shooting something with higher pressure, so limit it to 22, maybe 45, 9mm from long barrel.

It is an integral design.

Shotguns have a large bore throwing a very heavy projectile, which contributes to noise (note how much more bassy-sounding a 12 gauge is compared to a rifle), but due to the extremely low chamber pressures, which are pistol tier, they're actually very easy to suppress. The longer the barrel, the better.

dronefag here

get/build a 2.4ghz spectrum jammer

2.4ghz radio band is unregulated ISM bandwidth, you dont need to worry about the FCC coming down on you like you would if you jammed ham or cellphone freqs

there are commercial drone jammers already on the market, but really you only need a 2.4ghz radio chip, a microcontroller to generate static, and a good directional antenna. Maybe an amplifier. It could be made for less than the 200$ tax stamp. Note that most drones are controlled on the 2.4ghz band, but the video is transmitted on 5.0ghz for better bitrate. Telemetry is usually sent through both, but definitely through 2.4 if only one. jamming 2.4ghz will jam the controls, 5.0ghz will jam the video feedback.

DJI drones and other higher-end consumer drones have a return-to-home feature if it loses connection/gets jammed, but you can also fairly easily spoof a control signal from that same antenna and land the thing.

e-warfare in drones is super interesting and i wished someone had the balls to try and fly over my place so could steal commandeer their drone

of course, this doesnt matter if the drone pilot is using cell towers or the old r/c frequencies to control his drone(but thats a high-skill conversion one has to do themselves, very few commercially available drones are on the old r/c spectrum, and none to my knowledge come out of the box operating from cell service)

For about 350-400 rounds continuos fire.

Bonus: youtube.com/watch?v=7pOXunRYJIw

How small could you get an effective 9mm suppressor if it didn't need a neilsen device (Fixed barrel gas delayed pistol like the CCP) and didn't need to hold up to long term use (so wipes are OK)? What if it was integral?

Depends on how loud you want it to be. If using a wipe and a model with coolant(paste you put inside to cool the gasses better) then it could probably be half as long as the first pic in the OP.

How long can the coolant sit in suppressor?

I dunno, a week to a month maybe? 2 months? I've only seen it, it's a thick black paste, it shouldn't evaporate very fast, unless you actually shoot through it. With use, it isn't really fir for long firefights, several mags and that's it, though i might be mistaken here too.

Oh, and there's that Maxim 9 pistol, it's pretty much what you seek, it even has ability to reduce the number of baffles to shorten its dimensions slightly.

Attached: fcc.png (540x340, 185.44K)

Just shoot it with an air rifle.

this, there are some that are near silent, they even have built in suppressors.

Attached: atac-s2.png (2000x704, 299.76K)