Whirlpool shares tank as tariffs hit profits

"Home appliance manufacturer Whirlpool’s stock plummeted in trading Tuesday, one day after the company cut its full-year profit outlook, owing in part to the rising costs of steel and aluminum after tariffs imposed by President Donald Trump.

“Global steel cost has risen substantially, and, in particularly in the U.S., they have reached unexplainable levels,” Whirlpool CEO Marc Bitzer said during an earnings call on Tuesday morning, adding that the company now expects to pay roughly $350 million more than expected on raw materials."

foxbusiness.com/economy/whirlpool-shares-tank-as-tariffs-hit-profits

Attached: asdd.jpg (634x450, 60.53K)

lmao these kikes I tell ya

you might not want to admit you couldn't argue against him then. makes you look stupid.

Protectionism results in shitty products down the line. It's only beneficial in the early aftermath when you're still benefiting from the global innovation taking place. Your laundry machine today is a lot more efficient and a lot more of a powerhouse (or a lot more compact if not) than the laundry machine of 30 years ago or even 10 years ago.

butthurt woman detected

lol you're such a fucking idiot

see

Trump did say he will drop all the tariffs as soon as China and the EU does the same.

Hes just not happy about the EU having protectionaism, the Chinese achieving the same thing with subsidies and the US doing nothing to protect their economy.

sauce, preferably that isn't whatever subreddit you crawled out of?

Sauce is the press conference he held on the 12th of july.
And also the tweets he made on the 23rd of June. Particularly the one he made at 1:30AM.

link to the sauce and stop redditspacing, you mong

Sorry about the leddit spacing.
I just gave you sauce I was already very close to chastising you for being lazy in my last post.

Link to the source, and please make a more longwinded, pretentious prefab speech about how I'm a shiftless good-for-nothing who needs to build character because I'm not making your argument for you.

Hey Jew, I have a Whirlpool dryer running every three days since I bought it in 97'. Do you think my next one will last that long?

All of Trumps press conferences are archived on whitehouse.gov and all his tweets can be found on twitter.com. I thought this was obvious to everyone sorry
Just look for the dates I mentioned.

Its not that hard. As you already predicted, im not going to baby you.

is somebody gonna summon Cthulhu and have him eat your family if you don't post this in every thread, or what?

well you've sure convinced me of your argument, and you'll definitely convince a lot of other people that way too :^)

But those are the places that archive his words verbatim.
Which is what I was referring to.

then you should go there and link the material in question you lazy turd

Tell me who else would use the comment section of an anonymous image board to promote a lie about the state of modern product quality with a marketing buzzword like "powerhouse" to push a greed driven agenda?

And if I'm wrong you just have to post a pic of your dick with a timestamp…truth hurts, doesn't it?

Argie here, this is true but only if you have permanent all-around protectionism like we do: here thanks to leftards everything pays 50% tariff + a 21% sales tax, all to protect the national joke-I mean "industry" from going down. And this have been in effect for over half of the previous century and all of this, and there are no signs it will be ever over.

What trump is doing is temporal, the chinese are fucking with their own tariffs so he puts this one up to force them to back the fuck out which is reasonable. He didn't put a tariff on all imports but the strategic ones, and they can be removed later

But you just said you dont want to trust a 'normalnigger' website like twitter or a government website like whitehouse.gov. Even when they are primary sources.
Linking to those would only upset your preconcieved notions and prejudices.

Whirlpool is shit anyway so if they go down, fuck 'em, let them burn after what they've done with Kenmore and Maytag.

And nothing of value was lost

Learn to repair them and you'll find that the parts are cheaper and easier to replace, and that a modern whirlpool dryer will effectively last you a lifetime if you're willing to replace a part every 5-10 years. I have a big family so the washer/dryer is basically ran daily for about 6-12 hours at a time depending on if it's a man or woman doing laundry, with all kinds of shit getting run through it that shouldn't be from packets of gum to flux acid residue that didn't come off in the washing machine. The newer models hold up just fine if not better.

Protectionism=Patriotism

Free-market=Treason