Here is the deal. I am getting pic related to use as armor against attacking animals...

Here is the deal. I am getting pic related to use as armor against attacking animals. I know it is not leather or chain mail, but every little bit off extra fabric is useful and being that it should be loose fitting, the robe has potential to bunch up while being attacked. Also better for an animal to attack a dangling piece of cloth than going straight for my legs.

My question is what would be the optimal way to cut the bottom of the robe to give my legs mobility, but without sacrificing coverage of my legs? While Geralt's robe has a lot of mobility, a lot of his legs are exposed from the front. So I don't know. The drawing I have put together is what I would ideally like to have, but I don't know.

Attached: robe.png (327x327 208.59 KB, 7.21K)

a single split down the middle. like ye old men at arms.

Attached: picture.jpg (474x715, 68.05K)

What kind of animal are you actually expecting this to be effective against? A little extra cloth ain't gonna do shit to stop a serious attack. In addition all that extra drapery dragging and flapping around would be counterproductive when dealing with insects. The vidya man's dress looks like it's practically designed to pick up ticks. You could acheive a similar or better effect with (pics related). Some of those outfits might even not broadcast that you're autistic.

If you're serious about protecting yourself then you just need to be sensible. Snakes a problem? Learn where they live and how to avoid them. Maybe invest in snake chaps if your region is really bad. Ticks? Insect repellent, tucked in light colored clothing, sanitize innawoods clothing after use, and check yourself. Worried about bear? Don't encourage them by leaving food around, carry a gun, and make noise. (I met a lady on a trail once who put a cowbell on her dog. Seemed weird at first but it was kind of genius. You could hear it from an impressive distance, sounded like a tinker going berserk with a tinning hammer.)

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1920x1080 1.38 MB, 2.83M)

Are you married to the aesthetic or are you OK with Nipping out a little?

Attached: swallowtail armor.jpg (700x610 89.84 KB, 95.62K)

I'd suggest just using denim pants, denim jacket and gloves along with some spray. By the way what animals do you have in mind?

This to the power of ∞.

Bites and scratches are ineffective against carpet. Make yourself a carpet robe.

I will take this into consideration. Thank you.

I will not live forever. I am going to have as much fun as possible without anyone's consent.

Dogs primarily. We have a real problem with dogs that were never integrated into society. These dogs only know two kinds of people. Master and threat. I have no intention of bringing this issue to city counsel. They can continue to live in their hell hole not knowing the walls are falling down. I am looking out for only my best interests.

Thot repellent is a tool only appreciated by the initiated.

Here is my set up.
Weapons

I hope I never have to draw blood of beast, but I come first.

I honestly would have no issue wearing samurai armor, I just lack money.

Sounds to good to be true.

Big downside is it might be too hot for many climates.

Get some dog repellent. You can even keep your ridiculous theme going by using an aspergillum to dispense it.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (300x300, 191.73K)

I prefer to stay away from the chemical jew.

I don't even know who is jewing who?
Angry baptist attacking catholic who is really a baptist.
Or
Angry atheist attacking catholic who is really a baptist.

That ain't going to do shit, you retard.
Get some heavy work pants, that'll end up far better.
Otherwise, maybe look at some of the HEMA protective gear.

Attached: 382282_10151257946780493_1232302655_n.jpg (960x639, 107.03K)

You could always try to find someone to forge the kozane a small batch at a time and then learn to stitch it together yourself.

My goal is to never get bit. You could argue they make pants that are thorn proof, but I have no knowledge of dog bite proof pants. I'm looking at snake proof pants right now, but they are quite expensive. And even then I'm on a budget. Hema gear isn't made for animal attacks. If it gets to the point I have to draw a weapon, a dog is going to be put down as soon as or before it gets a mouthful of cotton.

Yes it would be retarded to solely trust in the strength of cotton. But with proper footwork and a two-handed weapon I believe I can make up the difference.

I wish life was that easy, fren.

The power of Sola Scriptura will solve this mystery

Attached: efacf66a9187d2e4c69b66c2888d906a57a8997d786d2d569059800d4103951d.png (800x450, 268.68K)

I'm lost to your point, but since you know what a aspergillum is I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say you are a catholic.

So the witcher larper wants to go into the woods wearing a pair of khakis and a table cloth around his waist. He plans to fight off dogs with a two handed weapon and thinks he's going to "put down" a pack of strays who apparently attack people often enough to be considered dangerous.

Are you retarded or just play video games There's no difference? If your fat arse even goes into the woods and finds some stray dogs they will just walk away as you scream at them like a retard.

I think we have a misunderstanding and you have got me all wrong.

I don't understand. Can't you just shoot the dogs that attack you? Like I get you want to be a monk and turn the other cheek and stuff, but even the saints never took no shit from animals.

You know those are fucking shit, right? Just get a bowie knife, you LARPing faggot.

It's just a personal choice, my czech fren. A major contributing factor why I don't carry a gun is because I am not confident in my gunfu.

They are not shit.

Attached: 31Pta-R-NWL._AC_US327_QL65_.jpg (327x327, 6.41K)

So far you've outlined two separate and frankly incompatible goals; killing dogs and looking like a faggot. Pick one, and we can move forward with this admittedly entertaining thread.

Why don't you dress up as a poilu? You get to wear a long coat and a long rifle with a long bayonet.

Attached: french_ww1_reenactors.jpg (587x900, 107.1K)

Even shitty chink butted chainmail would be better than a robe.

You know dogs have these things called teeth, right?
Might want to attach you stabby thing to a long piece of wood or metal so you can hurt the canine before Pibbles the feral Wolfhound-Pitbull mix decides your balls look great between his jaws.

Attached: boar-spears.jpg (450x299, 33.08K)

Noonehasevertrieditandthatiswhyitisgoingtowork.jpg

I hope you are genuine. There are some complications like gun, ammunition, import, I have no thigh high leather boots to compensate for a short wool coat, etc.

Isn't chain mail only good against cuts and weak against stabs. I'm sure canine teeth could fit in chain links.

My knife is at the bottom of my weapon dominance hierarchy. If I have to resort to the knife I have made grave errors.

God gave me the power to shitpost, so shitpost i shall/

Attached: 0501208af08e1d641b50edfa5b67c7191bd2bd1883bb7bbd0d4839da819d21d0 (1).jpeg (750x508, 48.36K)

that doesn't make it any less useful in a fight, especially since this is a larping thread

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (382x751, 319.26K)

You could use all your strength to thrust a sword into good chainmail and all you would achieve is push the other guy 2 feet backwards

Useful, but not ideal outside of a broom closet.

You will feel ashamed of your words & deeds when I prove to you I am the real deal.

Oh I'm thinking wrong. Arrows are the ones that fuck up chainmail.

I don't know what the fuck you're planning user, but good luck and post results when you're done.

Attached: CIA NIGGER.png (614x615, 495.17K)

I guess another option is functional Bloodborne cosplay. Bonus points if you actually manage to construct a functioning trick weapon.

Attached: Image-bloodborne-screen-Gyula.jpg (736x1040 543.13 KB, 87.05K)

10/10. Where are you OP? I'd like to join your party.

Attached: whatamIreading.gif (446x469, 1.14M)

So, what exactly is the plan here? Is OP going innawoods to be a monk?

Attached: 1L8MmVPT.jpg (260x260, 17.71K)

What you want is an armored Hakama.
I'm sure some weeboo larping shop sell some.

robes are top tier.
also, at this point, get yourself a short cape like pic related

that scale hood is nice but iron pagoda looks better

Attached: azumi-8784817.jpg (600x831 94.54 KB, 85.36K)

user, are you going to fight bears/gators/bucks/boars/crocs/large cats? If so, I thought of the same, and I salute you for it, and please report back. Make sure to bring a weapon.
Also, this

Oh wait never mind, fucking faggot. I hope you get mauled to death.

Attached: fruity pebbles fucking plebs collage.jpg (600x810, 55.49K)

I like this thread a lot. I love armor of all kinds. OP you need to make armor out of scrap sheet metal. buy tin snips, use a drill, or use a sturdy chisel or nail to punch out/ cut out sheet metal to wear as light armor. Alterativley you can use cloth strips and glue them together using a water/ flour mix glue to layer up on cloth and harden them into pieces of armor.

Attached: 01.jpg (1295x728, 418.94K)

Be like a caveman and make your armor out of the skin from the animals you have killed.

Attached: CavemanHunting-1160x683.jpg (1160x683, 260.45K)

Attached: trash it.jpg (237x213, 8.55K)

Capsican spray

Attached: 20190317.jpg (1280x960, 165.81K)

You could wear a spiked collar like a punk.

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I came here looking for similar advice to OP. Except I want to kill giant spiders, not dogs. I don't even know if it's possible to protect yourself from a human-sized spider without going full Iron Man.

I would not recommend fighting bug-master solo. Or are you thinking about moving down to the swamps? Nice people down there I heard, no taxes. So that's nice.

Attached: Swamper.jpg (1414x2000, 662.37K)

Animals go for your limbs first, to bring you down. Then for your throat to make the kill…. To that end….. Why the fuck are your limbs and throat exposed while your fucking torso is protected?!?!?! Afraid a wolf will bite your nipple? Facing sword wielding cheetahs?

YOU ARE DOING THE OPPOSITE OF A GOOD IDEA

I recommend ICBMs with H-bombs.

Noteworthy contribution. If OP wants to resist dog bites, OP should consult the human security pros who train dogs to bite.

Attached: CatBeard.png (699x699, 785.89K)

pants are optimal for rough terrain, but the general historical length is knee length.

if you split it you can go to about ankle length.

I would actually recommend aluminum plate armor or impact resistant plastic with a gambenson underneath.

Attached: gambeson-medieval-underarmour-combat-padding.jpg (600x800 61.09 KB, 87.17K)

Flammenwerfer

Attached: IaqmdAr.png (1742x980, 1.07M)