Healthy meals on the go

We all know MREs exist but they're full of preservatives and shit, nothing you really want in your body long term. If you were designing some on the go meal packages for a SHTF scenario what would you make?

Assume you have a week to prepare. You have access to any ingredients you can find in your local super market. You need to make a months worth of food or at least a breakfast and evening meal.

Attached: fooooooood.jpg (1800x1236, 228.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

parookangaroo.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/p4.jpg
hikersdepot.jp/hikersnotes/3118.html/
lentils.org/about-lentils/
usaemergencysupply.com/information-center/all-about/all-about-dehydrated-dairy/powdered-eggs
granolashotgun.com/2016/12/23/how-to-ride-the-slide-apocalypse-lite/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

RIP the British empire. It was fun while it lasted.

You can make healthy vegan food. It's just a lot more difficult to make on the go vegetarian dishes than it is to make a meat based one. It creates an interesting challenge

Jars of cum to put in the brownies. Carbs, protein, lipids, and nucleic acids all in one, with a bonus big helping of stem cells to fight aging, improve healing, and promote cellular health and regeneration, which prevents cancer.

Any kind of smoked, salted or dried meat or fish.

Also, this option counts as vegan, because I can use non-dairy products to make the brownies, and the only animal-derived substance used comes from my own body. Nothin personnel.

Meals not a single ingredient

You can eat a little bread with it.

Nice one, berrypicker.

Cumswallower > spearchucker > agrarian > berrypicker tbh. Prove me wrong.

Why not.

A bag of Cool Ranch Dorito's and a two litre of Diet Mountain Dew.

But in reality I'd just blow my fucking brains out as soon as I couldn't get my MSG fix anymore. Life isn't worth living with out Chester the Cheetah's throbbing orange member being shoved down my gullet.

Attached: Reddit Picture Number 2.jpg (724x508, 24.25K)

God damn, I really don't understand what you mean by this or where you are going with it.
"On the go", as in you are forced to leave your home completely? You aren't going to keep more than 72 hours of food (2000-3000kcal per day if you are walking for any major time) on your person. That's practically a non-option.
But then you say "long term", which is when I understand even less. Long term is a basement full of gherkins, salted meat and potatoes that will last the winter. Long term is growing your own crops. Long term is certainly not MREs, MREs are inherently short term.

Rice. Rice rice rice rice and rice.
Holy shit rice. It's carbohydrates in an easy to cook package that is extremely light weight if dry and will absorb any taste you want it to.
You can use a German mess-kit as a perfect rice cooker (embed related). Just pack a 10 kilo bag of rice in your backpack. If you want some extra taste, get some bouillon cubes and cook them along with the rice and four large jars of pickled fruit or onions, or peas or whatever you like. Just don't open them all at once, because then all of them will go bad before the month is over. Maybe pack some McDonald's sauce packs too. Those last forever and can make bland rice a little more interesting.
Also: canned spam for extra taste and energy. Overall you shouldn't go over 15kg.
All of this shit fits into a backpack and will keep you alive for a month. Put it in a plastic bag and tie it closed with a knot to keep it dry.

Does that help you understand? A month without being able to find a food supply is a long time.

Rice is good but uses a lot of water. If you're going the rice route you may as well throw in a bunch of free tried sauces or mac and cheese. It's super light and you can throw rice into a pack to add weight to the flavour of things.

ITT anons acting gayer than usual

You weren't supposed to drink the entire bottle of ouzo, friend!

If you can't cook for yourself, it is YOU being the gay here…

It kinda depends on where you're at, really. Also how dire your straits are, if you're planning on having to carry it, etc. If you have access to water, then rice all day as says. But you seem averse to using that much water, so if beggars can be choosers, I'd just do a fuckton of trail mix instead.

You want food that is generally light weight for how much you get, dry and holds well, and only really needs hot water and spices to prepare into a decent meal. This is going to be the core of what you eat.
Learn how to hunt, clean, and cook animals to supplement this as well as how to identify edible plants (forest onions, mushrooms, etc.).

Ever think about meal prepping? Shit is great, all those veggies keep you full. Read up on it, homie!

Zig Forums pls go.

The vegetarian diet is better than vegan so don’t go vegan. A lot of people got sick while on the vegan diet.

It's called hard mode for a reason user, meat won't come as easy in SHTF as it is right now. So stock up on those canned meat.

I hope this is a bait since Cheetos tastes worse than Dewritos.
They're also literal trash food, fit only for the garbage bins. Or garbage people, pick one.

Streloks, what's the deal with pemmican? Is it worth it? Do you add aronia, or other berries to it? I'm thinking of trying to make a batch.
Can you use dryers for the meat? My wife wants to buy a dryer for the food to make candies from apples - can I use that one to also dry meat for pemmican? Would imagine candies made after dried beef might smell / taste like shit. Should I use clear tallow? Would any other fat work?
Cheers.

I would make my own beef jerky, its really easy and really good

Just get some fucking curing salt or celery and regular salt whatever spices you like let it sit in the fridge for 8-24 hours then cook it in an oven at 200 degrees or on a smoker or dehydrator for 2-3 hours and its good

Beans and rice would be an obvious one

Dehydrated fruit as well

Finally, pilot bread its like the modern day hardtack but tastes good

In addition, every Zig Forumsommando should have a canteen and canteen cover with a canteen, metal canteen cup, and esbit stove in the bottom, a lighter, water purefication tabs, tea, some sugar and maybe some gatorade in it.

That way you put one fucking thing in your belt you have water, you have fire, a cooking vessel and the ability to purify water almost indefinitely

Right now I could literally take a canteen cover kit, a molle pouch with 6 Pilot bread crackers, some dried fruit and jerky, and some indivdual packages of peanut butter, another pouch with a poncho on it, strap it on to my gunbelt grab my WWSD and go innawoods

Def something we should look into, minuteman shit

It's a challenge. You could have a party member who is brilliant in survival situations but can't eat meat due to a health problem. Losing him because you can't prepare some veggie meals drops your survival rate so it's worth having them.

Most people who go vegan are idiots who have no idea how to balance their diet. It's possible to live in a healthy way but it requires you eat the right things not just tofu and rice.

You can make it in an oven. It's mostly a meme food of jerky in a different form but you may like it.

If i’m having to hang out with a vegan, then my survival chances are shit anyway

Never met a good guy who ends up with an illness that prevents him eating stuff? Ass cancer or having an organ removed can change your diet over night.

Pick one and only one.

t. /fit/

That’s not a problem. I can buy the canned meats and vitamin tablets from the shops however they don’t last forever so I need to learn to hunt the roo-rats for meats and raise the goats for meats and milks. There are millions roo-rats because they breed like rats so meats will always be available.

parookangaroo.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/p4.jpg

Yea, I am trying to do keto vegetarian diet and sometime meat diet. It’s hard to give up my favourite dare (processed popular coffee with milk in it).

Vegans will whines about hunting animals for meats constantly during the shtf so you don’t want to hear their whines.

As much as your meme fitness board is correct, you can live fine on a vegetarian or near vegan diet. It's not ideal, but you can live off it.

see

I've known someone to lose their gallbladder and become a vegan overnight. Had no choice unless he wanted to shit a river all day.

I am fine with that but not the vegans who push their vegan ethics in my faces and say I am evil for eating the meats. I don’t care about the diets as long as it is beneficial. I just don’t want to be forced.

Those fuckers wouldn't survive five minutes any way. My post was mostly about tards going "REEEEE VEGAN!" without understanding a vegan diet is different to a vegan doing it for political reasons.

Well, that is good because the whinings are unnecessary and make the people angry. What I notice about they eat is some Vegan foods are processed, which is hypocritical because processed foods is unhealthy and probably have chemicals or gmo in them.

Literally every last scrap food anyone has ever eaten or will ever eat has chemicals in it.

There's nothing inherently wrong with GNOs

Not if you have your own farm and vegans can do this organically. We can survive without the processed foods so there is no excuse for the vegans to be self sufficient.

Is that a typo for GMO?

Look at your keyboard, look at the letter 'M' and then look to the left of it, bet you'll see a 'N'.

I am disappointed in you because you abused the memetic magic for this. You should have meme the pro-gun and military spacefaring empire into reality. We would be like in the picture! Isn’t that what we want to fight to die for our white people with honour?

Sorry for sperg out.

Forgot to post a picture.

Attached: 5D49A73D-15E1-4C0D-8099-6C35A7A14191.jpeg (2002x1007, 1.67M)

Try some fried (like with oil, not Chinese) Brown rice. I can hardly find any recipes for it in English, but within hiking and mountaineering circles within Japan, fried brown rice has become a base for a very simple meal.
Since 200 grams of this stuff has about 550kcal, it's not a meal in itself so you can add nuts, seasoning, salt, curry powder, etc to add more calories. If you don't add flavouring or other ingredients it'll be good for a couple of months. I'll post a simple recipe below.
hikersdepot.jp/hikersnotes/3118.html/

Preparation: Leave Brown rice soaked in water for a couple hours before cooking.
1. Prepare 400 grams of soaked brown rice, and drain the water out.
2. Pour 30ml of a vegetable based oil of your liking, for example, olive oil, sesame oil, etc into a pan. You may add soy sauce for added salt/taste.
3. Heat the pan, and place the drained soaked brown rice into the pan. The heat should be somewhere between mid to high. Beware of bouncing oils.
4. Make sure the oil and rice blends well by slowly stirring; after 10 minutes, the rice should start popping
5. Once the rice has started popping, stir the rice around so it gets an equal amount of heat.
6. At this point the half-transparent rice should turn white. Once much of the rice has turned white, you will start smelling something burning, at which point you should stop the fire.

Attached: 6.jpeg (960x640 151.44 KB, 160.87K)

This, but I suppose there should be a differentiation between "splicing different trees to make new types of apples" and "Monsanto Estrogenia© Apple-Crunch Soya Beans™"

Kebabs and kofta kebabs are good ways to cook meat when its available. Dark chocolate squares are good and dried fruits maintain their nutrients. Potatoes are high in calories while being easy to cook. Nuts don't spoil so keep a bulk of them handy. Neither does whey powder. Keeping enough protien for your body to maintain your strength is important.
Also

Nuts will spoil due to the oxidation of the natural oils they contain. Some varieties last longer than others and storing them in a freezer will help, but eventually the oils/fats will turn rancid and make you sick of you eat them. In my experience, canned nuts are good for ~7-10 years but I wouldn't rely on them to last much longer.

We're surrounded by Albanians, Bulgarian rape babies and turks. We'll never run out of animal meat

I think there are animals that shouldn't be eaten…

Attached: 2b84085f07060bef77c2b802055ace1c29ac431e5b6b06043cf1eef045849bfa-0132.jpg (540x535, 89.85K)

vegan = no meat
I can do that…
Avocado, Soy beans etc as protein sources

Attached: sze.jpg (400x343, 154.06K)

Lentils >>>>>>>>> everything else

You're thinking vegetarian. Vegan means no animal products whatsoever.

Swap out soy for lentils or quinoa.

Lentils has more protein per 100g?

Yes, vegatarian. Love eggs too much to go full vegan.

Attached: pad thai.mp4 (640x800, 8.68M)

Speaking of meals, what about MRE, I am not savvy on these things but I always like to know what people think or how they prepare or assemble their own, specially since I have seen a few videos where MREs can't seem to last very long unless there is canned food involved.

Ok, sold. Going to give lentils a try
lentils.org/about-lentils/

Attached: sez.jpg (760x400, 104.36K)

Attached: vomit.jpg (680x680, 82.5K)

So you would rather throw perfectly good food to the fish? wasteful.

:>651070
Lentils need to be cooked well or you will kill yourself accidentally with cyanoalanine.

I read Is that a type* for GMO?

Attached: 7262e27546d6eb71504d041f172cbe37ca819c7b61e164eda18c40d94b3b66b3.jpeg (658x901, 54.71K)

Actually no it is a short word for typographical error.

Anyway I am sorry for being so triggered at you.

Cheese doesn't keep in a MRE…. Bega.

You should stock the powdered eggs up because they last for two years but I don’t know about the powdered milk though. I read that the camel milk is better than cow milk however like cow milk, it is unsuitable for babies.

Powdered eggs? There is such a thing?

Attached: 20190224.jpg (1500x1125, 111.75K)

It's like powdered milk; dehydrated by spray drying. They were used as a ration for Britishers in WW2, and I learned about it watching reruns of dad's army or some other shit like that. I don't know for sure but I've heard that it isn't that great but I think you can make mayonnaise quite easily with it.
tl;dr

usaemergencysupply.com/information-center/all-about/all-about-dehydrated-dairy/powdered-eggs

Attached: samples (2).jpeg (355x355 2.78 MB, 25.13K)

In addition to cooking them it's good to ferment them in saltwater or sprout them to further remove antinutrients. Apparently this also removes the xenoestrogens from soybeans but I've never tried it.

Attached: widequestion.gif (640x640 62.37 KB, 107.08K)

Yes there is. The name is Farm Pride
Powdered Whole Eggs. Woolworths and Coles shop have it.

Just eat anyone you kill.

no wait
eat all the /fit/itizens you kill

Do you think we fall for your shilling?

In his defense, the first one is basically butter or canned "cheese" which is hardly cheese, and the second one is a very recent invention due to half the army bitching that they want pizza while in goatfuckerland. Cheese in MREs is a very modern invention that took decades of research to get to even that state.

There's powedered meat too, it's called pemmican.

Just make sure to add lots of fat and salt it properly. It shouldn't be sweet for fucks sake…

80g of meat
100g of fat
1tsp salt

If you want spices you can use savory spices like dried parseley flakes, dried onion flakes, and pepper.

Attached: polanball cheese.png (640x2136, 91.56K)

I really don't know anyone who eats that type of "cheese" or even american "cheese".
Then again, I usually keep to myself. Sharp chedder is best cheese (min 2 years, 5-10 top tier).

Attached: anger.jpg (312x445, 64.78K)

Freeze dried food shelf life is 25 years and the quality is better than dehydrated foods so perhaps we need to study to freeze dry our foods.

Come on now. I'm not gonna jump on the tired old "all American cheese is either government cheese or Cheez Whiz" bandwagon, but are you seriously trying to claim cottage cheese as an American invention? That shit has literally been around since ancient Mesopotamian times.

Attached: cockatiel_wearing_cowboy_hat.jpg (366x321, 17.63K)

Pickling…
granolashotgun.com/2016/12/23/how-to-ride-the-slide-apocalypse-lite/
Anyone for sauerkraut?

Attached: pump_n_stretch.webm (360x360, 607.23K)

What's all this "we" shit?

Attached: 1520868857491.jpg (781x1024, 435.24K)

Hope you enjoy your diseases, poisoning and trip to the >>>/gaschamber/, subhuman.

You glow in the dark.

lol, what a bunch of cucks. It's like you don't want to become the chad cannibal.

Attached: MV5BMjMyY2U5Y2ItZTRhYy00ZWYzLTg3NTctNzhlOGIwZDZjZWJmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_CR0,30,250,141_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg (477x268, 24.78K)

Predates writing and was probably invented in Mesopotamia. And no, it was not popularized by Americans. My people have been eating cottage cheese since the pre-christian days.
Is most likely either from England or France but it may well be much older and from another place.
Is an Italian athlete. If you meant Parmigiano-Reggiano that's Italian too. The name is literally a reference to the parts of Italy it traditionally comes from.
It's cheddar.
It's in the name retard, Munster is a place in France and the cheese dates to the 1300s…in France.
Is not a type of cheese, it's a relish made with cheese.

People like you is why the "Americans are stupid and uneducated" meme exists.

Attached: 51m2yp-y1zL.jpg (497x500, 61.36K)

Would people taste different based on where they're from?
I'm sure a texan would taste pretty good grilled low and slow with some homemade BBQ sauce.
That image fails to talk about eating the women and children. Shouldn't those two be extra tender?

Mmmmm yeah! I'm thinking a prion or two or a billion after they multiply after I eat a (((Modern Human))) will definitely help me get through a SHTF scenario. Cool story broski.

That's why you don't eat the brain or central nervous system, cuck.

I'm choosing to believe it's not an absolute fact and that they're merely massively self absorbed as a nation. That they are educated but not worldly…but anons like the one in question don't help at all.

>that they're merely massively self absorbed
That means they're fat, stupid fucks!
Also, what the hell are you doing? You're not insulting them hard enough. What's wrong with you?

Why are you implying I want to insult them?

Kindly fuck off and die like a good boy.

Attached: cat cringing at owner's depiction of him.jpg (600x443, 50.49K)

Didn't you get the memo? Hating muttmericans is the cool thing to do. Aside from everything they deserve blame for, you hate them for everything else too.

well maymayed, my friend
You're still a cuck for not eating people, though. L O L

I'm assuming I have access to a vehicle because otherwise carrying around a month's worth of supplies would be entirely nonviable.

1: canned tuna 20 cans
2: canned sardines 15 cans
3: canned vegetable mix 20 cans
4: chicken nuggets, fingers or frozen stakes 10 packs of 400g.
5: Beef, chicken or fish pate(preferably all three). 10 cans
6: Dried, powdered vegetable mix(we call it vegeta where I'm from)
7: garlic, 10 heads
8: onions, 10 heads
9: pickles, jars or cans, at least 4.
10: water, as much as I can physically carry.
11: milk, 10l
12: honey, 3+1 jars(1 small jar for medicinal purposes)
13: tea, whole leaf, dried, black. At least 300 grams.
14: tea, packets, nettle. At least 300 grams.
15: dried soup packets, like 15.
16: dehydrated crackers. Lots.
17: Cream cheese. They sell it in little triangles here and it can last for months.
18: Chocolate, chocolate bars and other assorted sweets. Enough.
19: Vodka, 2 2l bottles for general use.
20: Scotch, 1 bottle of "the good stuff" for personal enjoyment. I'd go for Chivas Regal 12, it's quite nice.
21: Coffee, instant. It's more resource efficient.

Tools for "on the go" preparation.
1 portable gas stove + spare canister.
4l Olive Oil, extra virgin because it's good for you.
Salt and pepper, just enough.
Ketchup, packets preferable for storage. Although I make my own so I could just pour some in a flask.

Gear:
Pick related isn't the worst you could do.

Vehicle:
Honestly anything that won't break down upon first contact with a solid object…because you're probably going to have to contact a lot of solid objects….and some squishy ones too.

Attached: maxresdefault (24).jpg (719x720, 71.95K)

Tell me, young one, have you ever braved the zone?

I like your list. It might be really heavy, but it's like STALKER on steroids.

Hopefully you use at least a proxy here, but if you DGAF I understand. No I am not UKrautsian Strelok. Just a Desert Rat.

My haphazard list:
For 1 month,
Pickled: Cabbage, cucumber, cauliflower, and peppers
Canned: Mackerel, Salmon, Sardine (limit: 5 cans each)
Grains: My body doesn't like Wheat, but I can take rice gluten so; 4lbs of rice, chia seeds, add to the list later.
Vegetables/herbals: English black tea, garlic in a twist, yellow onion, dehydrated vegetables, dried out beans (more valuable than you'd think), miso soup packets (for comfort), bullion cubes, perhaps marijuana (for trade item).
Alcohol: 2 gallons of Vodka
Water: 10 gallons w/purifier or tabs
Meat: machaca (dried ripped jerky)

Just that amount would require a light vehicle and is just OK.

Attached: mauser wallpaper.jpg (1024x768, 219.4K)

You forgot the all important garlic, it stinks up your vehicle and keeps bugs away.