The Un-holy trinity

Can someone explain the "Nimrod-Semiramis-Tammuz is the origin of all non-Christian religions" meme?

Attached: Nimrod, Semiramis, and Tammuz.jpg (322x400, 46.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semiramis
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nimrod was the God-King of (some Sumerian nation) and he was having a crisis. He had no heir or wife. So before he died, he knocked up his mother (Semiramis) and on the 25th of December (or some shit like that) she gave birth to Tammuz and became his regent until Tammuz grew up.

As far as I know, this trinity is the basis for the claims of muslims and fedoras on the origin of the pagan influence in the Christian trinity (aka why Catholicism is literally roman 🅱aganism disguised as worshiping the One God Almighty)

Alexander Hislop's great work, 'The Two Babylons'.

A insane british preacher made a book in the 1800's, about how all catholic holidays are pagan, tied it with that "mystery babylon" verse, and then went to town, making up all kinds of crap that he tied in with Nimrod and Tammuz, since they were obscure biblical figures, and you could more easily hide if you were talking out of your ass than if you made similar claims than about, say, Diana.

Rather than read propaganda about his claims like this

download the PDF here

and judge for yourself. Truth fears no investigation.

Sorry but it started with Krishna, sweetie.

I don't know if you could really say being triune is a key feature of these figures. However, Semiramis with infant Tammuz was definitely an influence on many cults. You can see the similarities in various depictions. The Bible even mentions this as some Israelites had fallen to it, and it is of old origin. See Acts 7:41-43, it mentions several false gods and at the end that God will carry them away "beyond Babylon." Another reference to the originator of this. Revelation also speaks of the great whore of Babylon in the end times, implying that it has been around all this time and that it never went away.

Jeremiah 7:18

Jeremiah 44:17

So we see another name for the false god at the time was the "queen of heaven" and that their offerings provoked God to anger.

OP isn't talking about Catholicism, don't be confused by this. He's referring to the idea that all non-Christian religions came out of Babylon from Nimrod, the Lord of Sumeria. This idea constitutes that all pagan religions, especially the mythology of the ancient Near Eastern nations (Babylon, Canaan, Egypt) came from the mouth of these Nimrodian myths.

I…I don't even know where to begin to shit on the blatant misinfo in it.

Attached: 1486729108889.jpg (320x186, 7.41K)

Bullshit, more or less en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semiramis

Obvious and blatant bullshit to anyone with even elementary knowledge of ancient Middle Eastern history and mythology.

Perhaps if all your knowledge about ancient Middle East comes from a single 19th century conspiracy book, you might find it plausible, as would also be the case with any other conspiracy theory on a subject you know nothing about. But when you read literally any general historical book on the subject of ancient Mesopotamian culture and history, you quickly see that it's ahistorical garbage.

Attached: gotcha.jpg (653x590, 75.52K)

>Obvious and blatant bullshit to anyone with even elementary (((knowledge))) of ancient Middle Eastern history and mythology.
>(((knowledge)))
Oh boy. Here come the queer studies majors.

What's the errors with that book?

*crickets chirping

Countless, so I won't post responses to every single claim - but I will try to show at length the problems with at least some big ones tomorrow (it's 2AM here already). In the meantime, Google is your friend - there is a lot of debunking of this book on the Internet, go check it if you want.

As far as I know, concepts of a 'Trinity' have been seen throughout the beginning of religions and spiritual traditions. Hinduism, for example, had a Trinity, iirc.

Shiva, Vishnu, and Brahma

Attached: symbols-of-the-Trinity-of-Hindu-deities..jpg (1024x768, 201.11K)

Pagan Celts too,
Lugus is often depicted with three faces, and in Irish mythology the war goddess Morrigan is depicted as being "divided" into/"composed" of three other goddesses Badh, Nemain and Macha. Same with a trinitarian earth goddess of Eriu-Banba-Fodla.

From a anthropological or sociological point of view, this is really interesting. Why does the Trinity show up in different religions or spiritual traditions that didn't have contact with each other?

Possibly the idea of 'Father, Mother and Son'?

This. The entire claim s bogus. This is "Horus was the first Jesus"-tier garbage.

I'm not sure about the anthropological/sociological implications of this, but for a start Hinduism and Celtic paganism are both Indo-European so the fact that there is a link there isn't surprising so much as it is interesting that there is obviously some kind of underlying "revelation" to this. We aren't talking about three separate gods in these cases, we are talking about direct parallels with the Christian Trinity being "one god/dess in three divine persons", which is amazing.

IE society in particular was apparently also very stratified by threes, too. Society was organised into three primary social castes or priests-knights-workers, for example, which is pretty much universally attested to in their own ancient records.

No, this is JW tier bullshit, pure and simple.

eh I'm skeptical about this, that's not how trinity works

Genesis 10:8-10 KJV

Genesis 11:1-9 KJV

Attached: Tower of Babel ziggurat.jpg (1707x956, 1.74M)

those who can't name the jew are either jews themselves or dominated by them.

It's a turgid mass of unwarranted faith in the greek's understanding of their paganism and their frankly awful folk etymologies which has had the lie put to it by our access to the primary mesopotamian sources which show that many of the critical correspondences he was working with don't have historical support.

Kek.
Just because people call you out on making stupid claims regarding mythology isn't a jewish conspiracy.
It just means you're an idiot that can't offer any proof regarding his claims.

was my first, and up until now, only, post in this thread.
I got called out on jack shit nothing.
My point, remains, however.

So does mine.
Just saying "jews!" as a kneejerk reaction to anything doesn't mean shit, just like /x/tards saying "disinfo!" and "gov shill!" whenever someone says their theories on alien visitations and crystal healing or whatever are bullshit doesn't make them less wrong.

Just one of them when browsing the book; the sign of the cross is the sign of Tammuz.
Another one is that Easter is pagan and comes from Astarte.
I bet you 1 ether that it also says that the mitres are based upon Dagon fish hats.

That's not how the trinity works.
Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma are reincarnations, and having more three faces doesn't mean it was a trinity either.

Nimrod pre-dated the jews, sweetie. In fact, he pre-dated Abraham.

Why the winnie the pooh would anyone give a shit about /x/?

There is no such egyptian myth.

It's not only fake, but pretty nonsensical and continuity-breaking.

Attached: Egyptian-Gods2.jpg (980x4215, 1.3M)

E X T R A T H I C C

I know it's not how THE Trinity works. That's the point of this thread. The point is that these are pagan corruptions/misinterpretations of the truth.
And yes, the celtic gods I mentioned are probably the closest examples of non-Christian trinitarianism that I can think of in that they were viewed as being one deity in three divine persons.

Satan always counterfeits the truth with a superficially similar lie. The Queen of Heaven replaces Mary, earthly spiritual 'fathers' replace the role of the heavenly Father, the pagan trinity replaces the Christian trinity etc. We must always be wary of the devil's wiles.

Many say that the false trinities started in Babylon.

Is this actually the case? I haven't come across this in my pokings around hinduism yet - I thought they were simply three seperate (in personal terms terms) manifestations of one being, the Brahman (/the ultimate reality/God) (similarly like hinduism says we all are manifestations of Brahman ('you are God'/'God is within') as individuals and components of the cosmos, which itself is Brahman). I'm aware of each of their linear role in the cycle of the universe's existence (Brahma/creator, Vishnu/sustainer, Shiva/destroyer) according to one of the system's mythologies, but didn't know each manifestation was a chronological reincarnation of the previous, like you say. Do confirm if this is the case or if you were confused if you read this please (or anyone else who knows) as am interested to know.

Attached: 4b1483821dc1432e17847ccde9effe21ca573f39975de22ed3028f0a43bdd2d3.png (700x523, 583.25K)