Should we make art christian once again?

there's no way we can lose to shit like CALarts, right?

Attached: AlbrechtAltdorferChrist.jpg (700x1050 65.87 KB, 231.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dD_V70H9VRo
christianpost.com/news/classic-jesus-film-now-in-japanese-anime-49841/
montfort.org.br/eng/documentos/decretos/anticomunismo/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'll pray for whoever drew this.

I have some bad news, user, that's not just some fan art.

'80s cartoons are too masculine and heroic. They emphasize good versus evil, and virtues like courage, loyalty, honesty, honor, etc. These values are inherently ridiculous to moderns so they can only be presented as an ironic parody.

I unironically extremely I've pictures like this.

This one is very well drawn but I also love Mspaint pics of Sonic and My Little Pony characters worshiping the Lord drawn by children and people with disabilities.

Attached: fddcd9a1ea174615f51b569a28af3418.png (525x700, 566.89K)

Sorry autocorrect

in all seriousness though if they did an anime about the life of Jesus and had actual competent Christian writers, it would be kick ass.

>inb4 Neo-Montanists ( new apostolic movement ) "seven mountains take back the arts for jesus" bullpoop

Attached: timetostop.jpg (1050x870 207.68 KB, 736.13K)

They did one already.

tbf that's only Our Lord's death. I'm talking a life long thing like Tezuka's Buddha but for God the Son (could even include some "flashbacks" to the war in heaven and stuff)

>thread about Christian art
Art is objectively beautiful, stop intertwining it with pop culture filth.

The problem with that is that you can't really create anything new.

Honestly, I don't mind a cartoony style, and have no problem with such existing alongside classical realism and such. I do however, have a problem with the particular take on the cartooning aesthetic as shown in Thundercats Roar, not so much for the actual look, but for what is usually implied to be behind it. I.e. the CALarts aesthetic as OP said, which is usually an indicator of liberals pushing liberal propaganda, as this style reminds me of Steven Universe, as well as the creators feature in 's video (especially that particularly cringe inducing man bun.)

Wow, you made up your own private definition of art, I guess the world should suddenly redefine that term according to your whims. Cool.

Attached: apocalypse3.jpg (400x486 95.08 KB, 67.05K)

t.subjectivist

Attached: yAZxlQJ.jpg (410x2048, 273.52K)

Is not that I dislike anime but I think we really should make our own things we cant expect japan to do everything, you know?
I mean if the russians can make their own stuff I don't see reason why we shouldn't.

T. CalArts student

Spotted the plebian.

An obsession with being completely new rarely creates anything of value: the arts and sciences are full of incremental steps building on what came before. The most distinctive works usually come from someone tying together existing concepts and technologies in unexpected ways.
If you are interested in reviving western art (especially animation), pay close attention to the Japanese and western outliers like Aleksandr Petrov. We're stuck in a dead end and we'll need to backtrack a little if we want western art to evolve and flourish as it used to.

Attached: found the art.gif (500x412, 1.18M)

I did this for a thread here long ago. I don't remember what was going on but at the end someone asked for prayers for both Bishop Robert Sarah and Warsong commander.

Attached: sarah.jpg (900x900, 314.06K)

Sarah would rebuke that green thot.

kek'd

I want to git gud at art and draw scenes from the Bible.
I just wonder how bad it is to get it wrong. Is it sacrilegious?
What if I mislead people by accident by forgetting some detail or portraying someone inaccurately.

Been reading a fair amount over the past few years about this, about how we ceded art to the godless because, in part, we kept eating our own, and lost confidence that art could be Godly.

Attached: yes-this.png (505x485, 21.87K)

Just make more of our own art.

Nah. If the Lord knows you did your best, I'm sure you can take your art to a bishop or something for proper inspection.

I ask God so that I can honor Him with art in the future. Not for self exaltation, but anonymous art just like medieval painters did. I pray so that I never make an idol of myself and always remember my place as God's servant.

I feel the need of a group of people who is looking for the same.

Cartoons are Satanic, ugly and stupid.

Attached: 1207d41c6518a976d2ce46d8c220a812--ruby-gloom-gifts-for-christmas.jpg (448x252 60.74 KB, 41.08K)

No, new as in new stories and characters, places and creatures stuff that does not exists, we are limited by the Bible stories real people and real life places.

Cartoons are always bad, always.

Attached: him.gif (500x340, 1.65M)

Just a daily reminder to ignore and do not respond to "cartoons are debil" shitposter, who's been lurking here for a long time. Just report him wherever you see his shitposts.

Attached: meme theology.png (366x407, 64.17K)

Gnostics are dumb,ugly and stupid. Debate me anytime and ill destroy your "demiurge" argument.

report and ignore, m8, report and ignore

Attached: 5ded8b5004a5ce18219ac8418e597ea9d33a06e9ed369b240891398061e8907c.gif (450x510, 45.33K)

Beauty is not a matter of taste, it's objective, because God made the all and adjudged it beautiful. And the road to beauty is paved with thorns, not good feelings.

Are you that t*lstoy p*ster from anime thread?

No, Anime is cool, it is made by skillful artisans who are hard workers.

Attached: Kanna_Anime.png (503x516, 566.13K)

Attached: 2a6.png (1185x1029, 757.74K)

That's why i'm learning painting right now

People who draw anime are reprobates and there is literally no salvation for them.

Should have posted the HD version.
Also curious as to what people think of the Japanese dub and which is more original. Lip sync seems to be a little better in some parts and it was produced by a Japanese animation studio but directed by a man named Barry Cook. The English version is which seems to have been released the earliest though.
Could also be that these things were glossed over to allow flexibility for adaptation into other languages as could be deduced from interviews with the production team who seem to have made that one of their main goals.
youtu.be/dD_V70H9VRo

christianpost.com/news/classic-jesus-film-now-in-japanese-anime-49841/

I've made comics and content FOR YEARS

BUT LET ME EXPOSE TO YOU THE HORROR OF ANIME

Attached: TRUTH ABOUT POL EXPOSED.png (784x4171, 1.87M)

montfort.org.br/eng/documentos/decretos/anticomunismo/

The decay of art is solely the fault of Catholicism. We Orthodox have limited our religious art to flat paintings at no cost to beauty or complexity, precisely as not to fall to idolatry and artistic heodnism. Only the Catholics couldn't get enough, so they relaxed the rules, permitted statues and realistic paintings, and in time the artists began putting their newly found skills to use to paint naked pagan gods, rousing primitive desires, which in turn begot even more degenerate art, up until the current predicament the West is in.
If you want to undo the damage you have to go right back to 12th century go the Orthodox way instead.

Attached: whiteangel.jpg (800x530, 147.46K)

I really think the Old Testament history lends itself well to anime. Like start with Exodus, then go Joshua, Judges, Ruth, Samuel, etc. it works cause a lot of anime depict warriors with some sort of magic/spiritual power, so the story of these mighty kings and prophets who are guided by the one God would fit in yet also stand out as it is the story of a whole nation being guided by God for thousands of years rather than just a small group of people being guided in a specific point in time. Maybe depict God as the Ancient of Days and add some wicked Baal worshippers and you’ve got yourself a show

This is your brain on schismatism
Pro tip: Ressitance starded only becuase of Byzantine refuges.

Nice LARP

did someone just got warned because of this post? What?

Stop posting dumb and ugly satanic cartoons and learn how to paint realistic and or in manga style.

Calart was a mistake
This is the reason I like Anime style. (most of it at least). Everyone, humans, nonhumans or even outright monsters such as demons look pretty,cute and human, unlike in modern day western trash. Its simply disgusting that those deformities are even allowed to exist.

Attached: 521.jpg (500x248, 21.74K)

Except none of that is Calart, you know. It's all out of Sunmin Image Pictures, a Korean company licensed by Disney.

Character designs were made by calarts alumni

Rebecca Sugar went to the School of Visual Arts in New York. The only artist on any of those cartoons to attend CalArts was Alex Hirsch. The smiling potato style is pure Disney and has nothing to do with CalArts.

He maybe a goober for calling all cartoons satanic especially considering that Disney influenced modern anime, but that temp ban was uncalled for.

Orthodox illustrative arts have always suffered from being too flat. Good thing Orthodox nations thrived from literary, musical, and cinematic arts. I'm still waiting for Russia, the Balkans, or Greece to make music classical again. God knows it will take eternity and a half before West Europe or America to make good, non-pozzed classical music

What a a load of garbage

Attached: 42a.jpg (650x429, 57.9K)

that wasnt the point of my post