Memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of the Church

In reaction to some developments in secular countries that want to abolish the holiday of Pentecost Monday, the Pope declared that Pentecost Monday shall from now on also be a festivity and memorial day for the Holy Mother of God, Mary:

Memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of the Church

So go to Mass today if you can, and dedicate some of your time to the Holy Mother - pray the most holy Rosary which she was revealed by her and affirmed by Christ Himself.
I invite also those that aren't Catholic, don't know (yet) whether they want to become Catholic and also those that are on their way to becoming Catholic to pray the Rosary. With it, we re-affirm the Gospel and grow in and closer to Christ.
If you don't know how to pray the Rosary, you can for example learn it here: rosarycenter.org/homepage-2/rosary/how-to-pray-the-rosary/
or follow a recorded Rosary, for example here: youtube.com/watch?v=DPs2JTQiUPQ&list=PLaszqSeJKW1hqFZ6Og0IRhj0YvtNOG3wD
If you happen to be orthodox and want to chime in to honor the Holy Mother and through her, our God, Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ - but hesitate for the sole reason that the Rosary is somehow a "Catholic thing" - then I'd like to ask you to pray the rule of Theotokos by Serpahim of Sarov, which your can find here: bombaxo.com/blog/files/rule.pdf

With this, I wish everyone a tremendous day and beg God to bless all of you on your ways.

PS: This is not a discussion thread, but a reminder. Don't post in here if your only reason is slander, denomination bashing or whatever comes around the corner as breaking rule 2 and my request.

Attached: Holy Mother.png (550x634, 724.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

biblehub.com/greek/2962.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: Real external screaming.jpg (480x480, 11.93K)

there's nothing special about her though, and all this is is vain repetitions. mary is not the "mother of the church", she's just a surrogate.

Being Mother of God there's nothing special about her though

She's not the Mother of God you fool, she's just a woman who gave birth to Jesus. Mary is never ONCE called the "mother of god". They're vain repetitions because you're mindlessly repeating them, doesn't matter who is performing the repetition. The woman in revelation is Israel, which is why there's 12 stars around her head for each tribe.

Sub tuum praesidium
250 AD Discover in Egypt.
Ὑπὸ τὴν σὴν εὐσπλαγχνίαν,
καταφεύγομεν, Θεοτόκε.
Τὰς ἡμῶν ἱκεσίας,
μὴ παρίδῃς ἐν περιστάσει,
ἀλλ᾽ ἐκ κινδύνων λύτρωσαι ἡμᾶς,
μόνη Ἁγνή, μόνη εὐλογημένη.
Beneath your compassion,
We take refuge, "O Mother of God"
do not despise our petitions in time of trouble:
but rescue us from dangers,
only pure, only blessed one.
Reminder this is before Constantine time.

you do know that's not bible, right

I thought God was begotten not made. Wouldn't that title imply God was made by Mary, ergo elevating her above God?

Attached: 2018_05_21_064636.png (410x376, 239.27K)

- Luke 1:43

- John 20:28

again, never says "mother of God"

You don't think Jesus was God?

I do but there is a huge difference here. "God" carries the weight of all of the trinity, including the father and the holy spirit. The bible refers to her as the mother of Jesus to differentiate her from other Marys as the one who begat Jesus. It's also important because this whole title of "mother of God" that the Catholics seem to push is never ONCE used.

Isn't that the definition of being a mother?
The only other is legal motherhood, but given she raised Him and was recognised as such, that checks too.
Who is God.
You are indirectly denying the Incarnation and the Hypostatic Union, otherwise.
For crying out loud, you remind me of muslims, that believe God can't have a Son, because for arabs, that means sexual procession through heterosexual breeding, and nothing else.

Attached: 6415875353_3259ebeeaa_o.jpg (363x400, 19.62K)

What is it with you protties and that insane logic?
God is the father, the son and the holy spirit.
Jesus is fully God and fully man. As man, he was given birth to by a mother. This mother is Mary.
There is nothing special about the one person that was closer to Jesus than anybody else that ever walked the earth. I'm just speechless.

If you read the greek Κυρίου means Lord, but not LORD from the OT. Lord as in a master. If you see the Hebrew Bible of that same verse adoni is used in it's place. 'adoni' != Yahweh. Not to be confused with Adonai which is used many times in the OT to reference God…but not adoni

KYRIE ELEISON

Attached: what_the_fuck_are_you_on_about.jpg (450x351, 29.21K)

Don't lump me in with them.
I simply offer prayer directly to God, but I follow the logic of Jesus=God, Mary is mother of Jesus, therefore Jesus=Mother of God (one person of the three).

Mary (Jesus' Mother) is barely even in the Bible, it's absurd to claim she was important.

Attached: 97aa452d6921217270960ef6d56ac037df48de709469a90f99b4129357b13f67.gif (500x281, 643.76K)

She was the mother of a couple other kids outside of Jesus, that she had with Joseph. In John 19 it's true Jesus said she is no longer his mother.

Are you mental or did I just fall for some "gullible isn't in the dictionary" joke?
25 Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother, his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. 26 When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her, “Woman,[b] here is your son,” 27 and to the disciple, “Here is your mother.” From that time on, this disciple took her into his home.

nice catholic bible PerVersion. the kjv says "Behold thy mother", not "Here is your mother". this is important because thy is singular, meaning the disciple only to take care of her, not a plurality of people as a church would be.

Keep the posts on the topic of OP.

denominations aren't in the bible

True. That's a good reason to rejoin the one true Catholic Church then.

Are you saying she wasn't?

Wrong.
Romans 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom is Christ, according to the flesh, who is over all things, God blessed for ever. Amen.
God according to the flesh is God who is man. And mother of this person is Mary.
Revelation 1 17-18 I am the First and the Last, I was alive, and was dead, and behold I am living for ever and ever.
The First and the Last is title of God alone. And this person God was dead. But mother of person who died is Mary.
Mary is Mother of God Nestorius.

Neither is Trinity.
"Hi tres unum sunt" is not the word Trinity.

Wrong and wrong biblehub.com/greek/2962.htm

Mary was given to the apostle, which denotes two things.

1) He had only one child, Jesus Christ, and Joseph was dead.
Even if Jesus was the oldest it would've meant a HUGE disrespect and pretty much unthinkable to give His mother away to be cared for by another family.
It also shows us that Joseph must've already died, hence why she was given away (she would've become a childless widow after Jesus died).

2) Jesus gives His mother to one of His apostles, who's then cared for by him and the others.
This has always been interpreted as Her being the spiritual mother of every christian up until the 16th century when some Germanic guy (don't think it was Luther though) who was more able than dozens of native Koine and Aramaic speaking Church Fathers to interpret this verse, and said otherwise.

Attached: Memeri.png (450x492, 202.23K)

You mean Mary = Mother of God.
Even if it's an obvious blunder, it's a bit odd that nobody came in with a "well ackshually" post and corrected you.

Last reminder for Euros, Americans still have 7-9 hours

Catholicism is a denomination and does not exist anywhere in the bible. The only church in the bible is the church of Christ.

Are you the OP from that one anime post

Which is by definition Catholic, meaning universal, since Christ said that the Church is to "teach and baptise all nations". "Catholic" comes from two words kata-, down, along, according to; + holou (from neuter genitive of holos, whole). When we understand it we shall find catholicity (as of name, not mark) of Church in Acts 9:31, 5:11, 15:22. And such was used by one of first bishops, disciple of Paul and Peter, Ignatius of Antioch (Letter to the Smyrnaeans)

Being a mother is a combination of Birthing, creating, and raising. she meets two of those spot on so its not a problem that she did not create him

Is this why Anderson doesn't consider his church to be a universal church?

Catholicism is the one Church, ever-present since the time of Christ and the Scriptures. Are you part of it?