India chooses the Sig 716 over domestic made INSAS

I guess you can say INSAS rifle was too shit even for India
ndtv.com/india-news/india-is-buying-72-400-sig-sauer-assault-rifles-to-replace-insas-1992489

tactical-life.com/news/sig-sauer-sig716-rifle-contract-india/

Attached: A3288289-E824-4E94-BC51-5286A95255C1.jpeg (255x255, 24.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

guns.com/news/2019/02/04/india-goes-ahead-with-plan-to-buy-72400-u-s-made-sig-716-rifles-video
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Impossible. Too shit for an Indian is like too complicated for a German.

Never under estimate India when it comes to poo.

Why are they adopting battle rifles with such short barrels? What kind of fucked up procurement contract pits an intermediate rifle against a full power rifle?

Attached: 9af.gif (640x360, 393.35K)

Because .308 isn't really velocity dependent like 5.56 is. 16" is perfectly adequate for A .308 DMR

India better off just copying the G3. I doubt even the AK family can handle the poo and mud of peace time India.

I've shot the G3 more than any of those retards have and it is perfectly capable of somewhat accurate mag-dumps up to 30 meters as long as you hold it right.

Attached: aint no thing but a chicken wing.jpg (111x174, 10.01K)

Yup, those are the very same retards who complain about recoil

this is interesting turn of events. this choice is too competent for poos
sadly this will mean we will have less lulz from these fucks

Don’t say that so soon. If Indians can’t handle a AK platform weapon. What makes you think they can a AR platform weapon?

Because ARs shit where they eat

Attached: ec99e4ed7e76484ebddfdfd30f7125da4f8ea03e44119254b86052e2d4f2bf4a.jpg (680x751, 114.78K)

Domestic production or no?
Strange choice in any case. Why not just go with 5.56, why are they so stuck up on 7.62x51?

Top Kek

India hasn’th successfully fought aan Insurgency within their nation. India has no idea how to fight a war. Cow vigilantes can’t Even successfully kill anyone who eats Beef. Cow vigilantes mostly just kill Hindus that accidentally burnt Lima beans that were mistaken as beef.

7.62x51 actually works better for India. They'll most likely be going to war against either china or pakistan in the Himalayas as that's where the borders and water are. The extra range of 7.62 will really give them an edge in those environments. Otherwise they'll have the same issues U.S. troops have with 5.56 over in Afghanistan.

Isn’t that giving India too much credit? Realistically India will most likely get pushed back into their mainland while crying for the west to bail them out.

So far the rifles will be built in the SIG New Hampshire factory. India will probably try to open a Domestic factory in the future.
guns.com/news/2019/02/04/india-goes-ahead-with-plan-to-buy-72400-u-s-made-sig-716-rifles-video

The chinks and pajeets are equally matched in incompetence. The pajeets could send millions of civilians into the Humalayas to conduct tactical pooping; the entire area would be like a minefield of shit. The soles of all 1.5 billion red chinese will be covered in poo

my sides

Ehhhhh

No, you fucking nogunz nigger.

Maybe. Someone may have realized 5.56 would be less than ideal or they just think bigger is better and it just so happens to work out in there favor here.

I don't think so. The Himalayas aren't forgiving, hypoxia, frostbite, possible avalanches; just trying to keep the troops there alive will be tough. One road gets bombed and now all of a sudden you can't readily supply an entire division with food, ammo, fuel, etc. until that road is fixed. Hell it could just be an avalanche that strands entire battalions. If bridges get taken out good luck rebuilding them, that could take months. And the weather is so violent and unpredictable that air support will be wholly unreliable so relying on helicopters to move supplies or equipment won't work. They'll have a hard time fighting nature let alone each other.

I wouldn't carry anything other than an AK-74 if I had to fight in the Himalayas. A lot of youtube gun reviewers tested various rifles in subfreezing conditions and most of them malfunctioned quickly except for the AK's.

Nice

Attached: 1452402297501.gif (1200x787, 385.18K)

What? What massive disadvantages do you get from losing a few inches of barrel length on a non-velocity dependent cartridge like .308 that cause it to become no longer adequate?

Yes, you fucking no huwhite genes yank. If 16" in a .308 wasn't adequate for a DMR, then why are the US, German and British militaries adopting and fielding them in the forms of the Mk 17 MOD 0, G28/HK417, OBR and L129A1? Real life isn't vidya where slapping a longer barrel on your gun magically makes it more accurate, the main advantage of longer barrel length is increased velocity, something that isn't really required for .308's terminal ballistics outside of hollowpoints, which no military is going to be using anyway. "muh barrel length" is a big meme outside of hollowpoints and 5.56.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (990x330 98.47 KB, 223.4K)

16" barrels for big boy rifle cartridges in a DMR sounds kinda gay, tbh. I can get that length for battle rifles like the G3, but not so much for DMRs.
Then again, i'm used to thinking of the SVD as the general standard for what a DMR should be like.

htdeh

Attached: c3d8ef4ffdc9f771a5b461d7e97726ec0d3a2aa169c4b1f7c402ce149932ebf8.jpeg (510x408, 35.45K)

Kill all Anglos.

Did he touch a nerve there somehow?

Can't wait the poo to say they're poor quality guns because they will never clean them and fill them with poo.

He didn't post any argument, and he didn't disagree with me because that was my first post. He made several erroneous claims which I called out the inherent fallacies in. Anyone who knows anything about ballistics knows that velocity matters. Now you're being defensive over that. It almost seems like you're him, trying to samefag to save face. Hmm.

Before you just sounded dumb. Now you sound dumb and paranoid. Maybe you need his point explained a little more before you'll try to answer it.

Nobody is disputing the accuracy of your claim here, just pointing out that it seems to be irrelevant. So it could be faster if you fired it from a longer barrel, who the fuck cares? It works perfectly well for a DMR from a 16 inch barrel, as shown by the various DMR produced by a range of different countries in that configuration. This is what the first guy you were talking to was trying to tell you when he pointed out that ".308 isn't really velocity dependent like 5.56 is".
Protip: Your inability to understand an argument doesn't mean that it isn't an argument

But velocity barely matters past a certain point you retard, this isn't a video game where you bullets magically do a bunch more damage because you equipped the extended barrel attachment.
4" of extra barrel length is barely any increase in velocity for cartridges like .308, around about 100fps extra, that's nothing. .308 is quite a short and fat cartridge with a wide bore diameter and fast powder, so most of it's powder is burned fairly early on, same with .300BLK and 7.62x39.
And unlike 5.56, .308 isn't velocity-dependent for it's terminal ballistics, it doesn't fragment, so that loss of 100fps translates into jack shit. You're a retard if you think taking extra weight and a more unwieldy rifle is worth that 100fps extra velocity for engagements of a few hundred meters.
Go shoot your .fuddy five, grandpa, tell me all about it's stoppen powah and how it knocks them Germans down in one hit.

Imagine being more of a noguns than a Brit.

If I was going to flick a VPN on, I would have done a country other than the UK you utter mong.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (917x446, 504.02K)

This is exactly why Beretta withdrew their ARX-160 from the competition. Like how they blame every problem with their once first world rail roads and infrastructure that they let fall into disrepair on the Brits that built it all for them. Can't wait to see how the Sig cycles cartridges filled with gravel. Fuck I wouldn't give any equipment to such an awful country if I ran a company. I have more feelings for the inanimate objects I'm selling than the subhuman end user that will cram a wad of cow shit in the chamber for good luck.

Attached: War.PNG (373x325, 150.63K)

Yeah, I've spoken to white vets from various militaries and they barely know anything about proper gun maintenance or use, I dread to think how pajeets treat their rifles.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (2020x1400, 2.6M)

What? Really?

Yeah, pajeet tends to scam his own on a level unknown to us civilized folk. A bunch of Indian surplus came in and people figured to take a look at what it was loaded with given the condition it came in. Turns out none of it was safe to shoot.

picture related.

Attached: m80i.jpg (480x360, 22.44K)

Gravel as a substitute for the propellant?

Yeah. There's an article that gets posted every "India" thread about how their military's ammo was filled with anything but powder with projectiles sometimes seated sideways, smashed into the brass.

Anyone want a good laugh. Read butt hurt poos in the comments.

How can a cartridge even get two rims like that? India needs to be invaded and those poor weapons rescued.

I'll check those dubs but isn't the greater issue the enormous muzzle flash and increase in sound level with shorter barrels? A flash suppressor can only do so much and based on my experience with short and long barrel Mosins and PTR-91s, the rifle will basically blind the soldier in any sort of low light condition while also deafening him. 7.62x54 isn't directly comparable but it's close enough that I think they are over-optimizing for a style of warfare where small arms are never actually used outside of rare instances. It makes hiking one around the mountains easier but drastically reduces combat effectiveness, especially in the kind of light conditions raids/ambushes/counter-attacks are carried out in. It's all fun and games until the pre-dawn raid leaves you blind after the first shot.

That's a retarded statement.
So i guess you wouldn't mind being shot with 380ACP and it'll do nothing for you, cause this is exactly what this increase in velocity translates into.
That's an even dumber statement, .308 is a full-on rifle cartridge and uses rifle powders, go back, jamal.
Honestly, mudslims are better than these fags in their allah guided bullets.
It's yaw, abdul, a jaw is what moves when you say dumb things. And 308 bullets can yaw as well as they do for 5.56 or whatever plain spitzer FMJ.
Are you the same brit brainlet that shit on 7.62x39 because military FMJ doesn't do as good as military specialized round because everything else is muh specialized loads?

You could have made your point clearly as there is merit to using 308 with 16" barrel, albeit obnoxiously, as said, yet you decided to go full on retard.

So India had the bongs QC/Manufacture ammo in India up until ~79 or so when the contract ended. Indians failed to maintain the machinery let alone bother with QC when they took over manufacturing, so they cranked out abominations like such and cheaped out on components like powder.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (735x541, 246.61K)

Wow, someone pointed your illiteracy, ahmed, what a good opportunity to ignore all the arguments and pretend you're smart once again! How can anyone ever retaliate to such powerful move?

Attached: (You).png (778x645, 360.88K)

You don't actually have an argument for me to ignore.

Attached: 2016-10-23_01-54-40.png (370x388, 300.35K)

Keep trying, ahmed.

Feels good tbh, do you happen to be part-kraut by any chance? There's no way a non-jerry could be reach this level of aspie.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (645x729, 89.8K)

Just go back, retard.
Mudslim names don't deserve to be capitalized, abdul.

Feel free to stop posting

>it's physically impossible for someone to mistype a single letter, it all must be a giant conspiracy, oy vey what a (((coincidence)))

t. was brainletposting in

You're the one who only showed up and started shitting this board up a few days ago, you're the one who needs to go back, newfriend

Muzzie names weren't the only proper nouns you forgot to capitalise though.

Your """argument""" is just quoting my post back to me and then adding "durr retarded" on the end, that's not an argument.
Enlighten me, how is 2566fps perfectly adequate for a .308 DMR, but 2466fps somehow magically no longer becomes adequate for DMR usage at all?

Attached: point.gif (351x398, 126.02K)

Just kill yourself, you projecting cuckchanner. I'm not going to bother replying to your retarded strawmanning attempts, my arguments are right there and they'll stay there no matter how many dicks will you manage to suck.

You're a fucking faggot, bro.
Polite sage for off-topic.

It might not be a cuckchanner, the posting style and apparent motivation looks more like /intl/. Either way the answer would be for him to top himself or at least go back.

>>>/reddit/

>>>Zig Forums

There is nothing wrong with a 16" .308 and there never will be.

Attached: (You).jpg (1600x1000, 177.06K)

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

sig is just as shit as many of their parts are made in pooland

Attached: Sig 238 938 Ambi safety kit.JPG (1600x1200, 165.55K)