Is Your Church in the Bible?

Hint: catholicism is not, baptists are not, protestant denominations are not

Romans 16:16

Attached: 1504693252982.jpg (439x399, 36.16K)

Well i can't picture any children of wrath being attracted to this thread, no sirree.

Attached: shitstorm.png (716x532, 519.89K)

I hope this is bait
I pray this is bait

It's not a denomination, it's the church of the bible

So, Islam? Muslims do greet each other with 3x cheek kisses while giving salams. Good to know!

Attached: Saveme.webm (1035x1035, 703.08K)

Where in the Bible is Islam?

Acts 9:31

In Greek:
31 αι μεν ουν εκκλησιαι καθ ολης της ιουδαιας και γαλιλαιας και σαμαρειας ειχον ειρηνην οικοδομουμεναι και πορευομεναι τω φοβω του κυριου και τη παρακλησει του αγιου πνευματος επληθυνοντο

Attached: baa0787796db4ae0869d5c8c6b6a4536b221b71bc17452c49fdf2cff88bfbd4b.png (953x1282, 495.46K)

Not the church, just describing it. I'm sure you know what catholic means, and there's a reason it's not translated as catholic.

And "Catholic" isn't a description of the Church?

It's not, it's the name of a cult

"Universal" because it was the universally accepted teachings of Christ, not a heresy like the Nestorians or Arians. Not a cult.

Except the teachings of the catholic church have nothing to do with scripture, it's paganism + buddhism with Christian names applied.

Attached: thanos.png (460x560, 337.32K)

Where else did you get the "monks"? Certainly nowhere in the bible

So the early Egyptian anchorites had nothing in common with John the Baptist and Jesus when they retreated to the desert to pray? And they did not imitate the apostles by swearing off personal possessions and worldly attachments to live communally in monasteries? You're stating that they got that idea from a faith from halfway around the world that contradicts christian/catholic doctrine in almost every way? I'm sorry but you're gonna need a lot of historical evidence to back up that claim.

A prophet

Retreating to the desert to pray has nothing to do with retreating from all of civilization. There were no monasteries in the bible, so no, they didn't. Catholics got it from the same person as every other false religion, satan. Also the strange worship of Mary like mother earth is clearly Buddhist.

Attached: thanos.png (459x560, 189K)

(((Baptists)))

Is it not? Mary (Jesus' Mother) clearly is not important in the Bible, she's rarely mentioned at all and has no function in the Church in the bible, yet Catholics idolize her and put depictions of her all over their buildings the same way Buddhists do about "mother earth". Even Mary Magdalene has a bigger role.

Attached: image(3).png (261x192, 70.67K)

One's temporary, if you didn't understand

Attached: 20a.jpg (1234x815, 99.62K)

Bud there was so much inaccuracy in that first post I don't even know where to start. First off, there were monastics both apart from and a part of society, just like John the Baptist and Elijah lived apart from society and the apostles were a part of it. Monastics were pillars of spirituality and education in the medieval rural communities and were the main source of scribes at the time, so for the bulk of history that statement is flat out wrong. As for monasteries, if by that you mean communes that rejected worldly values to serve Jesus, then I will refer you to Acts. The actual buildings have basically nothing to do with them aside from the fact that they housed communities far more in line with the Biblical depiction of the early christian lifestyle than any baptist parish. Your third point is complete conjecture and your fourth point may be the most flagrant scrambling of correlation and causation I've ever seen. I don't enjoy ripping on you dude, but you need to at least have a basic understanding of a topic if you expect anyone can take your criticisms of it seriously. This is bad, and I hate to say it but you should feel bad.