Genisis

Is it possible to believe in religion and evolution at the same time?
Even if you assume that the days are not literal the order of the creatures is still wrong. How I see it is either everything really was created in just 7 earth days or since the bible is transcribed by humans this was a mistake and there is no divine revelation involving the days of the week.

Attached: thinking.jpg (720x480, 45.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=FFCXHr8aKDk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I guess it is but it seems really dumb, that God made man in his image over billions of years of random mutations and somehow the rocks just turned into "primordial goo" that created life.

if you understand chemistry it actually doesn't really seem that implausible, just look at how viruses work, but i do agree goo to life is a pretty spectacular leap.

This plus 3.5 billion years from amino acids to the simplest cyanobacteria is an inconceivably long time. Also God is all powerful so it really isn't all that crazy

Just because it wasn't 7 days as we reckon them doesn't mean the scripture is a mistake. That is a huge mistake you are making.

i already addressed that

IF GOD DIDN'T CARE TO RIGHT TWO WINNIE POOIN WORDS ABOUT THE DAMN SIT, CHI, ATION, WHY IS IT A MATTER OF DEBATE, IT IS A NONE ISSUE!!!.

The age of the earth is meaningless in a eternal church, why are you so bothered?

*write

I don't have anything to add to this. I was just happy to see Metabee.

Where?

the movie is absolute rubbish but I like what they did in this scene.

hooktube.com/watch?v=FFCXHr8aKDk

yeah embed is better

Who is the serpent? Why does God ask for offerings? Why does the beginning of Genesis make me feel very… off? Very odd. Perferably Catholic and Orthodox, or perhaps also Coptic anons, who understand why the European Middle Ages were spiritually superior to our own time, or that at least understand that it was, and that the Jews are not to be trusted, please answer.

Attached: scared_baseball.png (421x500, 257.74K)

Since God is outside of time it makes no sense for him to spend billions of years creating life.

We had this thread over and over again. Thers two active right now I believe. Stop opening shit threads every two days

The New Testament brings up "that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan."

What makes you say that?

So Satan walks on his underbelly? But isn't that also referring to the animal as well?
It just feels weird. Maybe because I have a clouded head and I don't know the teachings of the older Churches, but the offerings, and the part about "Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil." "One of 'us'"? Who is he referring to? Also, why did God choose Abel?

The theory of evolution is theoretically solid, there's still much the scientific community hasn't figured out however, that doesn't mean it conflicts with the Bible. Moses didn't have a word for "singularity". The Bible is not a book of science, the Bible is a testament to God's magnificence and majesty, it's a text based solely on his sovereignty and his love pursuit of humankind. And with this in mind, knowing that God is a God of the patient spectacular, who is to say that he did not lovingly create the universe as testament to his glory. No great work is rushed, and as the Creator of all things, who's to say that God didn't patiently craft his creation to perfection? If evolution is true and the Bible is true, then where's the disconnect? Shouldn't we instead entertain the idea that our discovery of the maticulous process of creation is further insight into his magnificence? Soon the scientific community will hit a wall where they will discover all there is to know about creation without the key to discovering the mysteries of creations origins; a creator.

Babel.

I didn't imply anything
What could he mean by this?

Tower of.
Yet still, this place baffles me. Fools abound here yet many are quite knowledgeable, it seems.

Attached: c2f1e193d409f362b52a36a68ec547fd30f1e4f7a9fdbce8c8a26e3d64bd358d.jpg (250x342, 26.67K)

What I'm trying to say is that the discovery in the area of human origin will begin to come up empty without the acknowledgement of a creator
Whenever that will be, I wasnt saying they were close or would even get that far for the said reasons.

Perhaps that was not what you meant, but that is what you said actually.
But now we are just wasting breath.

You awake still?