After Trump Tax Cuts to rich, Wages Declined in 80 Percent of Industries

President Donald Trump signed The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act into law in December 2017, slashing the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 21 percent. In January of this year, Speaker of the House Paul Ryan predicted that the average American worker would see trickle-down gains of $4,000 to $9,000 as a result.

payscale.com/payscale-index/
The latest data show that wages declined instead. The PayScale Index, which measures the change in wages for employed U.S. workers, updated last week and showed that wages declined 0.9 percent last quarter.

The earnings picture is worse when you take inflation into account. Real wages dropped 1.8 percent from Q1 to Q2 — the largest decline in seven years. Eighty percent of industries saw wages decline.

“The Q2 Index shows the benefits of recent changes to the tax policy are largely reaped by business owners, not employees. Many corporations are using the additional money to buy back stock rather than increase wages,” said Katie Bardaro, Vice President of Data Analytics and Chief Economist at PayScale, in a statement.

Real wages dropped 1.8 percent from Q1 to Q2 – the largest decline in seven years.

President Donald Trump signed The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act into law in December 2017, slashing the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 21 percent. In January of this year, Speaker of the House Paul Ryan predicted that the average American worker would see trickle-down gains of $4,000 to $9,000 as a result.

The latest data show that wages declined instead. The PayScale Index, which measures the change in wages for employed U.S. workers, updated last week and showed that wages declined 0.9 percent last quarter.

The earnings picture is worse when you take inflation into account. Real wages dropped 1.8 percent from Q1 to Q2 — the largest decline in seven years. Eighty percent of industries saw wages decline.

“The Q2 Index shows the benefits of recent changes to the tax policy are largely reaped by business owners, not employees. Many corporations are using the additional money to buy back stock rather than increase wages,” said Katie Bardaro, Vice President of Data Analytics and Chief Economist at PayScale, in a statement.

Real wages dropped 1.8 percent from Q1 to Q2 – the largest decline in seven years.

payscale.com/career-news/2018/07/after-tax-cuts-wages-declined-in-80-percent-of-industries

Attached: 1532822274424.jpg (328x480, 120.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

economist.com/briefing/2016/04/30/the-trouble-with-gdp
finance.yahoo.com/news/chinas-tariffs-soybeans-fueled-us-gdp-bump-225326578.html
washingtonpost.com/business/2018/07/12/inflation-hits-year-high-wiping-out-wage-gains-average-american
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-12/u-s-inflation-at-six-year-high-eating-away-at-wage-increases
vox.com/2018/7/23/17602746/tax-cuts-work-bloomberg-wages
politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2018/aug/01/nancy-pelosi/did-wages-fall-18-percent-after-donald-trumps-tax-/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The fact is the 4.1% Gdp proves That tax reform has been a success.
Higher GDP has helped with wages
Created more jobs. Wages go up based on market forces for workers.
Also we have more jobs than workers thats who wages rise.

Drumpf is just another kike

st:GDP is a terrible way of gauging an economy.
economist.com/briefing/2016/04/30/the-trouble-with-gdp
2nd, context is necessary as to why the GDP would rise like that. In this case, it's countries stocking up on products that are going to be hit by Trump's Trade War. I.E. China buying up Soybeans. And only a right wing retarded economist would think that sort of model is sustainable.
finance.yahoo.com/news/chinas-tariffs-soybeans-fueled-us-gdp-bump-225326578.html

Furthermore, all the Trump Tower Tax Cuts went to, were to the the rich and corporations, which as described, they didn't use to invest (Which Republicans lied about) But to do massive buy backs. Which does nothing to help the average worker. As for the crumbs US workers might have gotten from the Tax Cuts themselves. Those were wiped out by inflation.
washingtonpost.com/business/2018/07/12/inflation-hits-year-high-wiping-out-wage-gains-average-american
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-12/u-s-inflation-at-six-year-high-eating-away-at-wage-increases

vox.com/2018/7/23/17602746/tax-cuts-work-bloomberg-wages

You right wingers would be funny if you weren't trying your damn hardest to destroy this great country with your awful economic policies.

Trying to make America better but making it worse instead. Good try though.
Good old fashioned human nature….why give my shekels to peasants when I can keep it for myself.

You mean policies like "everybody has to pay into my government-run insurance scheme allowing us to skim as much as we want and if they don't do it they get fined or imprisoned"?

Policies like that?

T. TIDF

Bullshit

Big corporations buy back stocks, of which a large number have been put into the pockets of already rich shareholders

Fuck off liar

You swallow the wealthy's cum quite easily don't you shill?

I'd be considered a peasant. I onlymake $1 over minimum wage. I still think, "why give my shekels to welfare niggers"
I dont want to pay for Roberta's free gender reassignment hormones, free clean needles for Billy the heroin addict, or free housing for LaFawnduh and her 9 niglets

ITT: leftypol pretending to not be communists

that and they're using the quarterly GDP number which obama has surpassed 4 times by the same measurement. in fact he got over 5% on one occasion

You Zig Forums fags can post links to whatever (((statistics))) you like. Everyone I know who couldn't find work before Trump is now employed. Probably the same across America. The Jew media and their (((statistics))) won't help you in 2018. Or with what follows.

the majority of "rich shareholders" are investment or retirement funds that serve the middle class. Or are government investment authorities that shore up public funds and pensions. Why shouldn't they earn a return on money they put up when stock prices were lower?

>you Zig Forums fags can post links to whatever (((statistics))) you like, Every black person I know is a hard working honest individual who doesn't commit crime. Probably the same across america, The right wing media and their (((statistics))) won't help you in 2018

list of people shocked at this revelation:

More Zig Forumson-news.

If that's true why does my city still have a homeless problem?

Aren't those synonymous?

I also make a dollar over minimum. And yet I lose much of it to pay into the social security scam and to welfare whores. Commie fucks think the tax cut is bad, but it’s left me with more money going home and less for their beloved “give money to leeches” policies King Nigger loved

Good comeback, faggot. Totally makes sense.

Attached: 793F654F-D122-47EA-8BAD-4BB40A14ED86.jpeg (194x204, 16.45K)

Dense wanker ain't you?

Because homeless peoples problems aren't usually employment. It's more them being batshit crazy.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
OY VEY GOYIM WE HAVE TOO MANY GOOD JOBS THAT'S WHY WE NEED ALL THOSE BASED SPICS AND POOS AND NIGGERS
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

Try Trump's asshole

You already live here

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the rich paid more into the social services so you could pay less…you poor brainwashed sap

Attached: monty laughs.jpg (1920x1080, 770.09K)

There were no wage increases due to inflation you fucking idiot.
And now the GOP is using the cooked books as an excuse to say the economy is fine and grant amnesty to a shit ton of Poos and other non whites, deflating wages even further.
>>>Zig Forums190452

You mean like San Fagcisco?

Attached: 281995a3edcbcef3c7f15e933143bf8b7065b1bab13ee6d52620a12ed6acb783.png (532x483, 15.26K)

typical trump voter

A false assumption. Yet you did not prove me wrong. Thanks for trying.

That's exactly right. They just cherry-pick the figures to bitch about. Pundits were joking last week that this was going to happen, after libtard jaws were hitting the floor at all the legitimate growth metrics.

>citing (((economist.com)))
Next you'll tell us how skyrocketing deficits are benign or maybe even a good thing.

How many new hires where in those quarters?

GDP is "Gross Domestic Product", which isn't nessesarily good when it's up. It's also calculated on average, so if you're tracking wages, The tax cut improved the rich's wage and profit, while cutting the average worker's. However, if it was an even increase/decrease, the GDP would be the same ie a flat 30 dollar increase/decrease in wages/profit wouldn't make it budge.

WHAT DOES make it budge outside of overall wealth (less homeless) is when someone's making a disproportionate amount of money or a disproportionate amount of loss in one financial class. A Communist country would have a bad GDP since the top's making all the money, while the bottoms' making none, but it would still even out to have a GDP less then zero.

Now if the GDP in America were to increase or decrease by a few percent, that can mean a lot of things.

in this case what would make sense is that the rich are making more money while the middle/poor are making less money overall, while the rich are profiting disproportionately from the tax cuts, making far more, enough to boost the numbers and widening the gap while still keeping numbers up.

In other words, if Rich Profit and Poor Wage equaled 100/100, the GDP would go up if the proportions were 200/80-70(which is an exaggeration for effect but you get the idea) and assuming that even with the population difference between the two financial classes, the sheer amount of money being tossed around (wage per year of 50,000-70,000 on average vs 100 million on average) since anything above that results in a higher number on average will effect the GDP. Since the GDP is caluculated on averages, which is a horrible way to calculate statistics especially with the profit margins, these numbers can easily be changed on a whim.

The GDP is not a good way to check economic stability, especially in a capitalist or even communist enviroment. It's far too impersonal, and numbers are faked and manipulated easily. The only way you can check a country's status is by checking each individual state's quality of life, which is hard work.

There's a shitload of problems you cannot address with numbers alone, you have to actually give a shit and fix the individual communities and stop being a bunch of drones. If you don't, you'll get fucked and you won't even know why, or be able to predict when.

Attached: 8f8.jpg (403x312, 25.78K)

That's why Brazil, a country that saw two consecutive years of GDP decrease (-4.5% and -3.5%), courtesy of its failing Marxist 2014-2016 government, is in a much better state than Trump's America!

Anyone else find it odd that the stats given that show growth start right around when Obama was leaving office and Trump was elected? Anything that goes back to show the wonderful growth under Obama?

So it dropped like this under Obama? I'm guessing the same people saying this is proof of how terrible Trump's economy is were saying the same thing 7 years ago? Or it was just an anomaly then but it's obviously catastrophic this time.

potato president

Attached: 1516505357171.png (403x448, 56.12K)

America's dollar is gonna become worthy as West Germany's "Mark", ain't it?

Your right user

Jjust look at these top10 cuntries for GDP growth for 2017

1 Libya Increase 55.1[2]
2 Ethiopia Increase 8.5[3]
3 Vietnam Increase 7.7
4 Ivory Coast Increase 7.6
5 India Increase 7.5
6 Iraq Increase 7.2
7 Malaysia Increase 7.2
8 Bangladesh Increase 7.1[4]
9 Djibouti Increase 7
10 Cambodia Increase 6

im jim

Attached: e8b1d5b4f68e3b16bb03d41442a6146b087303dba5022f572e6abae66eb89891.jpg (255x251, 29.28K)

lol you retarded commies

Pascale is a private group andere is niet a good standard as Shownieuws here: politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2018/aug/01/nancy-pelosi/did-wages-fall-18-percent-after-donald-trumps-tax-/

So basically This is fake news

politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2018/aug/01/nancy-pelosi/did-wages-fall-18-percent-after-donald-trumps-tax-/

Woah i bet the democrats never expected to get their shit pushed in by their own 'fact checking' websites.

I wonder if snopes has her statement confirmed as a fact?
I bet they do. The biased cunts.

Y-yeah guys, Brasil is in a WAY better state than Trump's America!!!

the left cant meme

I'll never understand what it is that compels you sad basement dwelling leftists to love niggers so much. Is it self hatred? Guilt?

Moar bombs from you goyim, it vil protect.

To be fair, aren't African countries exploding right now because the fact that the Chinese are essentially buying the entire continent at the moment?

Also, why aren't more countries investing in Africa? It's a fucking shithole at the moment, but so were most uncolonozed parts of the world.

I may be generally in favor of Trump, but trickle-down economics simply don't work, and they never have. It's literally giving companies extra revenue and hoping that the executives use it for the betterment of the company and its workers instead of on themselves. If they choose not to, then the entire premise falls apart.

Attached: 1485392544766.jpg (656x893, 101.24K)

Trickle-down economics don't exist. It's a meme democrats created because they don't understand actual economics. If companies have more money, it will get reinvested. Just because it doesn't get reinvested into worker wages doesn't mean it isn't reinvested at all. It gets reinvested in the form of better equipment, more paid days for workers to learn skills instead of work, workers not having to leave early because the funds aren't there, advertisement to bring in funds to accomplish the above, etc. You have to be an idiot to think it would get reinvested specifically in the form of work wages, but you also have to be an idiot if you don't see how more money in the company coffers wouldn't translate into better working conditions/potential for growth down the line. This is basic knowledge here if you weren't some third-position kike. I'm not saying CEOs aren't retards, but you have to be somewhat intelligent and understand the importance of investment to make it into the executive world. More money of course means more money for shareholders and those on top, but any executive worth their weight in salt understands that they can earn EVEN MORE money if they invest that money into infrastructure/other areas of the company. Don't play coy and pretend they're stuffing their pockets exclusively like the leftists believe. Anyone who's worked for a small or middle-sized company automatically understands how extra money = more money for infrastructure = easier workweek and more company growth even if wages stay the same.

No. Don't go full fucking retarded. Trickle-down economics was a theory crafted by zionist proto-neocons.

In 1896, Democratic presidential candidate William Jennings Bryan described the concept using the metaphor of a "leak" in his famous Cross of Gold speech:[9][10]

There are two ideas of government. There are those who believe that if you just legislate to make the well-to-do prosperous, that their prosperity will leak through on those below. The Democratic idea has been that if you legislate to make the masses prosperous their prosperity will find its way up and through every class that rests upon it.[11]

Humorist Will Rogers jokingly advised in a column in 1932:[12]

This election was lost four and six years ago, not this year. They [Republicans] didn’t start thinking of the old common fellow till just as they started out on the election tour. The money was all appropriated for the top in the hopes that it would trickle down to the needy. Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down. Put it uphill and let it go and it will reach the driest little spot. But he didn’t know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands. They saved the big banks, but the little ones went up the flue.

And let me just call you a faggot for good measure.

This

No it's not. Its only bad for Commies who switch to even more easily manipulated metrics like GDP per PPP (case in point China where their GDP per capita is one of the lowest in Earth)
Even if we look at GDP per capita though we can see America easily in the top 10 despite this metric heavily favoring smaller European nations.

Attached: 4df873dd2b9c586c16babaa0539657255bd82e9c66b1c63a886672903640680f.jpg (1440x1518, 241.26K)

Wait until you see the budget for the space war.

Attached: here we go.JPG (396x53, 14.05K)

Wow!
That was some seriously stupid shit that I just read. I wish I could force idiots like you to take and pass an economics course so that you would stop being so stupid.

I wish I could force you to drink bleach, but you can't always get what you want, I'm sure you can relate seeing as how you can never get enough semen satiate your thirst.

GDP is up and Gov dept is going down, its good

Why didn't these bozos cry foul when Bernake was printing trillions and the banks were making out like bandits, after having effectively failed but been bailed out by the taxpayers? Hey, if they want to talk about inflation, how about addressing one of its major causes? Are you telling me people weren't taking pay cuts left and right (if they didn't outright lose their jobs)? BULL SHIT! Nearly everyone I know was either out of work or ended up taking a pay cut one way or another. That's why they don't use the numbers PRIOR to the 2008 crisis.
Get real, asswipes. And not only the Fed was busy fucking us, but Obama was doing everything he could to increase immigration (legal or otherwise) and H1B visas, in order to create more competitions and lower wages. How about them apples, huh? It doesn't look so rosy when you don't just let some jew cherry pick dates to doctor up some statistics. That's the jew, always trying to pull a fast one.

Attached: Sonic CD (U) 1.png (256x256, 91.43K)

It would be better if we stopped giving money to niggers for doing nothing altogether.

This. Clearly the economic experts are WRONG. And have been WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING SINCE THE NEW DEAL.

People are finding jobs in record numbers, when before Trump you couldn't get hired even if your best friend recommended you for the job. Of COURSE the median wage is dropping, there was an enormous pool of potential labor sitting on the market and lacking the experience to be worth what people who were already employed had been earning.

On the other hand, the cost of living seems like it is going to start dropping some now that the retaliation to Trump has reduced our exports of food and certain products, meanwhile it is becoming cost effective to bring manufacturing back to the US and provide jobs for skilled workers and people with degrees that have badly needed employment.

I stopped believing what the news says a long time ago. Open your eyes and talk to your family and friends. You'll see the real benefits of Trump. Yes we have some rough transitions ahead, but if we pull through them we'll be so much better off as a nation.

Homeless problem is a separate but not entirely unrelated issue. Quite simply, housing market speculation is so badly out of control that even with decent employment many people straight up cannot afford housing in the areas they live in.

This issue is already starting to correct itself, as the Millenials climb the corporate ladder and start earning enough to afford homes as well as the market itself correcting by lowering prices where possible in order to get the unsold houses off of the books even if it means taking a loss to do so.

That's due to new hires.. from the jobs created.

ask any economist and they will tell you that GDP is a bad indication of economic growth. It's really only an indication of the stock market. Unemployment has been reduced though which probably brings average wages down some as those people likely reentered at lower paying positions. The economy is doing better but seeing as how we had hit rock bottom it's not that surprising. Removing regulations has definitely helped the economy, but it's a trade off. To compete with china we have to be as dirty as china.

Attached: 7043400-3x2-940x627.jpg (940x627, 55.32K)

You want me to drink bleach just because I think that you should learn some economics?
You must really hate economics.
I see why your post has no understanding of economics.

To compete with China we would have to either become China.

OR

Use Protective Tariffs, a concept from classical economics that seems to have been removed from more modern theories, in order to level the playing field and make local manufacturing cost effective against a global marketplace.

Germany is using the same strategy with good results, and has been for some time. That's why they are thriving while the rest of Europe sucks.

Globalization doesn't work. Globalization just results in the biggest shithole country becoming even bigger while everyone else falls to ruin, and its a race to the bottom of who can have the lowest of quality of life possible without a rebellion.

you got a pittance in tax savings. the inflation the past year has already increased your costs beyond that amount. meanwhile the rich got something like over 80% of those tax cuts, and well, "trickle down" didn't work in the 80s, 90s, or 2000s, so why do fool republicans think that this time would be different.

protip: they don't, they just wanna make their elite club richer. remember when trump said he was gonna drain the swamp? cares about the regular people? he lied. (surprise!)