Is Viking Metal (or any music that may or may not be interpreted as glorifying idols) ok to listen too...

Is Viking Metal (or any music that may or may not be interpreted as glorifying idols) ok to listen too? I don't listen to it to praise Odin, it has never led me to worship pagan gods. I like it purely from an art perspective. Is that ok?

Attached: dsdas.jpg (268x268, 28.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

darklyrics.com/lyrics/amonamarth/theavenger.html#5
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

IMO it's up to your discretion, but you should not deny the Holy Spirit if he even slightly nudges you against it. For example, I've been on a God of War kick lately, but last night when I was praying the rosary Kratos and his axe refused to get out of my nativity scene, so now that disc is in two.

Did you hit it with an ax?

No but my dodge timing needed some work.

I personally threw all the viking metal away when I became a Christian. You should see what Amon Amarth have to say about God, Mary and Christians in general.

I get the feeling that "viking metal" is all cringy NeoPagan garbage.

Amon Amarth in specific have a few blasphemous songs. 'God, His Son and Holy Whore' for example.
darklyrics.com/lyrics/amonamarth/theavenger.html#5
Let your conscience be your guide.

I used to only listen to metal before begoming saved. Now I feel guilt when listening to worldy music especially satanic/pagan or degenerate. So I just mainly listen to music that is not in my native tongue so ideas don't get suggested to me or those around me. I also choose music with no lyrics. If you are blaspheming instead of praising God when you sing you shouldn't be singing it at all. God made music for worshiping Him. It's debated whether or not satan was in charge of music in heaven (he was in charge of worship). If so, it makes sense as to why most modern music is such a powerful tool for promoting degeneracy.

Attached: 0686efd0b8442ca7a4e06887371ec478b8bccaf07686a92f0dd2819d8b625bff.jpg (966x1000, 300.4K)

I used to listen to metal a lot as well, but after receiving grace and seeing the truth I simply didn't want to listen to most metal anymore, I didn't have to consciously decide not to. I can't identify with the majority of metal because it's hateful, angry, bleak, proud, and idolizes death and darkness. I don't feel that way anymore, so I don't have any desire to listen to it. The only metal I really listen to is some atmospheric BM stuff, mostly without vocals or lyrics.

Same with me, although that was moreso bc I was big into stoner metal and needed to run from that vice. Still do when I head back to school, pray for me fellas.

Although some of it is still absolutely blessed.

My man, trade in that heresy Amon Amarth for some Christian metal like Demon Hunter, Impending Doom, or Living Sacrifice. I did because paganism and viking larping in general pale compared to metal inspired by God.

Attached: DHCoverHaulix.jpg (600x600, 41.14K)

the only music that a christian is allowed to listen to is anything thats byzantine chant.

Seems to me that you like the sounds of "cultural traditional songs" more than the contents of the lyrics. I think you can easily move from that to folk metal like Korpiklaani that is just good old people music with electric guitar.

There is a lot of good Christian metal out there if you ask me, stuff like Sleeping Giant, P86 and Demon Hunter. I can't stand mainstream metal for the same reasons, but this stuff has the added bonus of getting you excited for Christ.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 28.3K)

Attached: christian-metal.jpg (400x670, 149.45K)

The only band that I can't listen to on religious basis is Rotting Christ.
I think that as long as you don't give a winnie the pooh about the lyrics you're OK.
On the same basis you could also ask if that's ok to watch Marvel flicks (because Thor).

Which Lobo comic is that from?

ffs listen to what you want to listen to, you fags take this shit too seriously

Lobo: A Contract on Gawd

I guess Powerwolf would kinda count, right? I really enjoy their dumb shit. They are amazing as they are retarded, in a LARPy kind of way.

They use Christian imagery and instruments associated with the church such as organ, but their lyrics are pagan and blasphemous in nature (signifying God as the wolf). That said, some of their song such as Sanctus Dominus which is sung entirely in Latin, if you change the line Noctunarum (of the night as per the bands imagery) and Deum Animalum (animal god, I think) to something else or cut them off. The whole song is about Holy Trinity, early church, conversion to disciples of Christ (with the chorus singing "Christus Animus" (Christ lives/soul, I think )

Metalhead and guitarist here. I've had to "breakup" with just about every band I've ever loved, after coming to the conclusion that they were all advocating, some very explicitly in the lyrics, paths away from God. Same with the skate punk I grew up with in the 90's. The lyrics are embarrassingly naive. The hardest part is that since I grew up learning how to play this type of music, I still like riffing on the guitar and feel conflicted about the style of music itself, since it evokes all this demonic music. And I really do think its demonic.

Sorry to double post, but I want to reiterate what a previous poster said: look for interviews of the authors of this music and see what they really think about God and Christianity. It's generally not pretty. Song lyrics are often written in a way that leaves them open for interpretation, but you can't really separate the message from its original intent.

LARP music through and through, whether you support the "pagan aspect" or not.

I mean if we're gonna talk about signifying god as an animal, I mean, well….. pic related.

Attached: Aslan-Narnia-320x480.jpg (320x480, 89.1K)

Just like friends with benefits and "no strings attached" there's always some strings attached.

Embed for example.

When Ymir lived
A long time ago
Was no sand nor sea
Nor surging waves
Nowhere was there earth
Nor heaven above
Only Ginnungagap
And grass nowhere
The sons of Bur
Then built up the lands
Created the great
Midgard to be

Out of emptiness
Out of Ginnungagap
Came Yggdrasil
Came life
Out of emptiness
Out of Ginnungagap
Came all of what is today

The sun turned from the south
Sister of Moon
She did not have
Nor Had the Moon
A notion of what
Powers they had
A counsil were gathered
Where names were given
The night and the nightfall
And the morning they named
The mid-day, mid-winter
For the assigning of years

Bur had three sons Vile, Ve and Odin
They killed the giant Ymir and founded what we know
They gave us life, spirit and wisdom
Odin owns us all and we owe all to him

When Ymir lived
A long time ago
Was no sand nor sea
Nor surging waves
Nowhere was there earth
Nor heaven above
Only Ginnungagap
And grass nowhere
The sons of Bur
Then built up the lands
Created the great
Midgard to be

Out of emptiness
Out of Ginnungagap
Came Yggdrasil
Came life
Out of emptiness
Out of Ginnungagap
Came all of what is today

It's still blaspheming against Christianity.

Or worse, this one.

I sit by the fires gleam all by myself
Four empty chairs & one've been kept warm
I drink to my kinsmen who sails now with Njord
I drink to my kin who'll drink here no more

Odin owns ye all

I sing to them songs I wish their best on their way
I'm sure a valkyrie found them in the battle that day
I drink to my kinsmen who fought bravely at sea
I drink to my kin who'll be missed not just by me

Odin owns ye all

To arms To arms - The kinsmen said
They've chosen to meet us in battle today
Fight Fight - The kinsmen said
If we show true norse courage they'll soon run away
Wrong Wrong - The kinsmen thought
You cowards are fourty men may you rot in Hel
Rise Rise - The valkyries said
Odin decided this day you would die

I drink to my kinsmen
Who sails now with Njord
I drink to my kin
Who'll drink here no more
I drink to my kinsmen
Who fought bravely at sea
I drink to my kin
Who'll be missed not just by me

Odin owns ye all

This one is Norwegian and its about Christianity directly.

A Christian monk sings about a/the hammer being raised against Norway and the "metal voice" retorts that it will be struck against the cross and something about Kvitekrist (Jesus) being brutal or something. I don't speak Norwegian.

I agree stronkly with your comment about it being demonic. I've seen metal edginess consume many people's lives and pull them into satanism and other degeneracy at it is just a part of metal "culture"

Attached: 1425843941574.jpg (494x531, 174.19K)

The Bible itself calls him the lamb of God and the lion of the tribe of Judah.

That too.

Yes. It will turn you into a violent snowtigger and at some point youll lash out at people.

Unless thats what you want.

I was not being clear in the earlier post, about the portrayal of God as the wolf thing. It was portrayed in a more nefarious manner, namely the savagery. And also their themes also have something to do with the night instead of the light.

Their earlier works are "Catholic by Day, Satanist by Night", "Evil Made Me Do It", "Saturday Satan", and their latest album is called "Sacrament of Sin" and such. They also uses Gothic and darker themes borrowed from vampires, werewolf, undead stories, and darker religious tales mixed with Christian imagery sometimes.

So yeah, definitely not a Christian band. I would put them as a power metal band because they are not downright squealing and screeching on mic like black metal and have some actual melody to go with it. A Gothic symphonic metal perhaps.

I mean, if you're into Power, Speed, or Progressive metal, they're not absolutely abhorent but I was brought into metal through blind guardian, and outside of Precious Jerusalem I don't see a whole lot of christian metal in that vein. So I take what I can get.