Genuine Question

Hey guys, genuine inquirer here of Christianity. I have a question.

Did the Jews kill Jesus or did the Romans? And why?

Attached: download (8).jpeg (190x265, 6.17K)

Jews, specifically the (((Pharisees and Sadducees))), who stirred the rest of the Jews up into a mob against him. They had to do it at Passover, since that was the point Judas Iscariot decided to sell Christ into their hands, but executing anyone would have made them ritually unclean according to Mosaic law and mess up their Passover plans, so they coerced the Romans into executing Him by proxy as a legal loophole. The Romans themselves probably would've just let Jesus alone, at least judging by Pontius Pilate's attitude.

Why they did it is quite simple. The (((Pharisees and Sadducees))) were highly corrupt and prideful, and Christ just spent the last three years running around publicly calling them out on their nonsense, undermining their authority, and more or less just generally naming the Jew. So they threw around some bogus claims of blasphemy and decided to knock Him off, thinking to themselves He would just fade into obscurity like all the rest of those who promised to be the Messiah.

Both. Jews handed him over to the Roman authorities of Judea and demanded that he be killed, and they did so. He rebuked the Pharisaic movement going on at the time for misunderstanding the scriptures and the prophets about the law, salvation, holiness / cleanness, the future of mankind, and more. He declared himself the anointed son of Yahweh and spoke authoritatively about anything and everything that might concern a first-century Jew, causing the Pharisaic 'elites' to plot his death out of fear and misunderstanding.

Attached: 1520276349084.png (680x510, 1.47M)

The Jews, seemingly for the most part, but the Roman's did play their part. Cause unironically asking if you're the jews looking for your messiah to come, what's worse then unironically killing your messiah/Gods own son?

This. Especially after the cleansing of the Temple and the raising of Lazarus, they were pissed. Especially (((Caiaphas and Annas))). They just wanted to see him gone, then they would have no more problems and could keep manipulating the people. But then when he rose from the dead they shit themselves and started to persecute the apostles, mainly Peter and John who were the most vocal in Jerusalem.

I always liked to entertain the idea that Judas was just forcing Jesus to act more aggressively, and what other way than be imprisoned by the Romans themselves. Judas even refused the payment immediately, and his feelings never stated, just the act itself.
I don't see Jesus making him a disciple out of nowhere if He could see through people's heart easily. And if He did then He might've known, at some degree, His own demise. Then again that would imply Judas being part of a greater plan and not really a villain, but a tool in the ideological path.

Just read the Gospel accounts for yourself and you'll be able to answer that question as well as anyone else. In short, the Romans executed him, but the Jews betrayed him to the Romans, and pressured the Romans to execute him when they had no prior intention of doing so.

The Romans saw no fault in Jesus and gave plenty of chances to let Jesus go, but (((they))) were so full of hate for Jesus that they wanted him dead anyway. Being the (((tricksters))) that they are, they used a loophole to get Jesus killed one way or another. For had Pilate not ordered Jesus' execution, (((they))) would just complain directly to Caesar and Caesar would execute both Jesus and Pilate (Jesus for being a 'rival king' and Pilate for insubordination).

"The jews" did not kill Jesus, it wasn't a plan by every single Jew in Judea. The ((Pharisees)) were the corrupt religious leaders of the time and they commanded the death of Christ, which the Romans physically performed, so both were responsible, but that doesn't doom their entire bloodlines. The Roman Empire was toppled and and any non-Christian jews destroyed and scattered for eternity. The vast majority of ancient jews converted to Christianity and became the first Christians of the Middle East in Egypt, Syria/Lebanon, and Iraq. Many of the christians of these nations have been christian since the time of our Lord and have a substantial amount of jewish ancestry, they are probably closer to being the ancient jews than a modern ashkenaz would. Regardless, the Pharisees had Jesus killed, not every jew was responsible, and like I said, most became Christians eventually anyway. The tiny remainder has been reminded time and time again of their denial of our Lord.

Attached: Assyrian-Maronite.png (602x469, 163.59K)

From the Bible.
>And the whole people answering, said: His blood be upon us and our children.
It was the kikes.

I was actually wondering about this just the other day. Do you have a source you can point me towards for that info? Not to say I doubt you - I'm just interested in reading more on the subject from a reliable source.

But Jesus was a Jew.

Attached: thinking 328749.png (225x225, 4.25K)

/thread

It was illegal to condemn a person to death in Rome but (((they))) still pushed for it

You're parroting something that Martin Luther made up to convince Jew LARPers to convert to Christianity.

We are all responsible for his death through our sins.

I don't have a source, but I'll try to find one. I know for a fact that the Maronites of Lebanon were once Jews, or at least affected culturally by them. The Maronite churches resemble the interiors of the old Lebanese synagogues, and the architecture of their cathedrals and houses matches the Jewish style as well. They also used to speak Syriac, a western dialect of Aramaic that the Lord spoke similarly too. I'll try to get some sources

Attached: image.jpg (1024x768, 229.96K)

The jewish leaders took him to Pilate to try and get him executed. Pilate didn't find him guilty of anything he could actually execute him for.
Pilate was known as bit of a hothead that did things specifically to annoy the jewish populace, but they had basically revolted about something before that, and it got him in trouble. I think it was something about banners depicting caesar.
Here again the Sanhedrin basically strongarmed him with another angry mob, so -probably to fix his books, but I also see mention about it being a Passover custom- he asked if they wanted either Jesus or Barabbas, who was probably set to be executed anyway as a revolutionary, to go free and they took Barabbas.
Pilate obviously didn't want to be thought of being the one who made the choice, washing his hands of the affair, and since if he didn't the crowd would have tried to kill him/he would have had to have his guards kill them.

The Jews killed Him. Romans, specifically Puntius Pilate, have some responsibility.

However, He died for our sins.

yes

In the Gospels, it says that Pilate wanted to free Jesus and not condemn Him to death because he believed that Jesus was innocent of any crimes. However, the Pharisees continued to shout "Crucify him! Crucify him!", to the point that they told Pilate to release a literal murderer instead of Jesus. Wanting to prevent a riot, Pilate "washed his hands" of the ordeal, and let the Jewish people of the city decide what to do with Jesus.

They condemned Him to die. The Romans gave him the cross and the lashings, but the Jewish people in the city were the ones who condemned Him.

all of mankind killed Jesus. No sense in blaming a racial group. However modern (((judaism))) is based entirely on denying Jesus. This has made (((them))) exceedingly evil.

Both, but the Jews committed the greater offense. (John 19:11)

Pilate washes his hands to -attempt- to be free of what is about to occur (the execution of Jesus), but this does not hold up to scripture. In Deuteronomy 21:1-8, we see where the whole "washing your hands to be free of blood" example came from.

21 If one be found slain in the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee to possess it, lying in the field, and it be not known who hath slain him:

2 Then thy elders and thy judges shall come forth, and they shall measure unto the cities which are round about him that is slain:

3 And it shall be, that the city which is next unto the slain man, even the elders of that city shall take an heifer, which hath not been wrought with, and which hath not drawn in the yoke;

4 And the elders of that city shall bring down the heifer unto a rough valley, which is neither eared nor sown, and shall strike off the heifer's neck there in the valley:

5 And the priests the sons of Levi shall come near; for them the Lord thy God hath chosen to minister unto him, and to bless in the name of the Lord; and by their word shall every controversy and every stroke be tried:

6 And all the elders of that city, that are next unto the slain man, shall wash their hands over the heifer that is beheaded in the valley:

7 And they shall answer and say, Our hands have not shed this blood, neither have our eyes seen it.

8 Be merciful, O Lord, unto thy people Israel, whom thou hast redeemed, and lay not innocent blood unto thy people of Israel's charge. And the blood shall be forgiven them.

Notice verse 7. "Neither have our eyes seen it". Because Pilate was an eyewitness to the events he was attempting to wash his hands of, he is NOT free of the innocent blood shed. He is guilty as well.