All church fathers believed and taught in apostolic Christianity (orthodoxy, Catholicism, oriental orthodoxy...

how can anyone be protestant?

Attached: newman.png (500x316, 93.73K)

maybe they are born with it

Maybe it's Maybelline

Attached: 1508036775564.png (1200x3828, 2.51M)

Practiced by the Lutheran Church and surely some other protestant churches
Practiced by every protestant church
Present in multiple protestant churches
There too

The only thing is Apostolic Succession, the power structure of the church, and praying to the saints. Which can be argued against with scripture (Lev. 19:31 & Lev. 20:6)

Some of those apostolic groups you mentioned are banned from spreading their views on this board because they aren't counted as Christian by the board rules. Look at the rules and see for yourself.

Speaking as a Lutheran, we have many of the things you listed. The main point of difference is not praying to Mary and the saints to pray for us for anything at all. We have two sacraments because we put having a coherent definition of a sacrament above having the sacraments number a nice number like 7. We still have stuff like confirmation, but it isn't counted as a sacrament. We also have apostolic succession but Rome thinks it doesn't count because automatic excommunication.

I get a feeling that for some reason many on this board think that protestant = Baptist. Meanwhile we here go to a Sunday mass with liturgy where we sing Agnus Dei, the priest prays facing the altar, we take the holy sacrament of eucharist at the altar railing, etc.

Welcome to Baptist historical revisionalism

Politicsssss

When do you think Apostolic Succession began being practised?

What type of normie sh*t is this?

Attached: 1526196822156.jpg (444x332, 5.69K)

Not bad tbh

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (500x1169, 907.95K)

Let me clarify, I was quoting scripture about praying to saints, not apostolic succession.

So being illiterate is a requirement?

Attached: Heresy.jpg (1024x1024, 68.7K)

Mediums contact the dead, are the saints dead? Am i contacting them in order to gain information or power or am i asking for them to pray for me?

>Martin Luther was IFB
>St. Jerome, Doctor of the Catholic Church, was IFB
In all seriousness I truly do feel for anyone who takes this seriously. I'm like 78% certain that the OP and most of the people who repost it don't.

Attached: 1503883833079.jpg (595x864, 72.06K)

Narrow is the way my friend.

Attached: 2ed1c097b95413bb8e3ab39c8c763a7a812fff2ecc08c96f3fdf054348928b17.jpg (481x499, 13.78K)

Come on, man.

Attached: 0556f38fb053ec397c93083b972c89889ca1ce58775fa9a9cff4890e949d9567.gif (420x420, 9.37K)

apostolic tradition isn't man-made, do you forget the pentecost? reject these men, and you reject Him who sent them

By reading the Bible

Mark 7
1 Then came together unto him the Catholics, and certain of the Orthodox, which came from Jerusalem.
2 And when they saw some of his disciples baptize, that is to say, with immersion, they found fault.
3 For the Catholics, and all the Orthodox, baptize by sprinkling and of babies, holding the tradition of the elders.
4 And when they come from the market, except they sprinkle they baptize not. And many other things there be, which they have received to hold, as the washing of cups, and pots, brasen vessels, and of tables.
5 Then the Catholics and Orthodox asked Pastor Jim, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but only baptize with full imersion?
6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the baptizing of babies: and many other such like things ye do.
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
10 For Paul said, A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, Not given to wine, One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
11 But ye say, If a man marries they cannot be a bishop, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
12 And ye suffer him no more to marry;
13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

15 This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.
17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
10 For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.
14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:

Attached: DDC4BB0F-87B7-400C-8A7A-3F5F6E91A6DC.jpeg (1024x837, 86.87K)

is this from the pastor anderson authorized version

btw, presenting modified scripture even for a joke is blasphemous, please stop

In all seriousness I truly do feel for anyone who takes this seriously.

Eh you know what forgive me, I shouldn't mock the mockers and I told myself I was going to purge ill will from my presence on this board. But seriously, as a historian in training images like this, especially in leu of actual historical evidence, are just an insult to the profession and only serve to highlight how poor the attempts at historical revisionism from this board's particular strain of baptists really is.

Strange that historical evidence often doesn't align with those invented human traditions. But sure, yeah…

Attached: 08c82d53f6cc4925ceb74a0dffe53797feb1e4fd54bb9337124ffa20b99e9d54.gif (245x180, 1.6M)

I know, all the Baptist traditions are totally a-historical despite how they claim to be historical.

Attached: 1bdb15807b33e1cd2d85f2918028a05c82350ef6217d4a4244d2b97af4359f23.gif (554x732, 280.5K)

[-]

Only the teatotaler crap.
Infallible men in funny hats however….

Attached: 1526171857960.png (602x338, 402.3K)

Where does Acts 2 even imply apostolic succession?

Nice strawman. Tell me - Are all baptists trained to make unintelligent strawman non-arguments or is it just your particular brand of baptist?
Seriously. I don't get it. You guys get stuff explain to you, and the next day you pretend it never happened. To Paraphrase…
Sometimes I stood there thunderstruck. I didn't know what to be more amazed at: the agility of their tongues or their virtuosity at lying. Gradually I began to hate them.

And altar calls..
And sinner prayers…
An revivals…

and sola scriptura

Indon't really like the alter call thing but the sinners prayer is the same thing as calling upon the name of the Lord which is Biblical

7 Then came together unto him the Pharisees, and certain of the scribes, which came from Jerusalem.

2 And when they saw some of his disciples eat bread with defiled, that is to say, with unwashen, hands, they found fault.

3 For the Pharisees, and all the Jews, except they wash their hands oft, eat not, holding the tradition of the elders.

4 And when they come from the market, except they wash, they eat not. And many other things there be, which they have received to hold, as the washing of cups, and pots, brasen vessels, and of tables.

5 Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen hands?

6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:

11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.

12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;

13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

We get, you guys are illiterate.

I sure hope it's not the equivalent of a "canon" but applied to everything within the church and what it does, rather than a measurement of scripture, as a result of something evil and nefarious….

Surely there was nothing evil that required new ways to combat heresies within the church… right?

Attached: f880f01a183658ae07b3547b4540d1b7affd4ca368e46912969dc377819c796a.png (640x640, 233.59K)

Steven Anderson will be a Doctor of the Church in a few centuries just watch

You are missing the point.
It's still a 18th century tradition born of second great awakening culture.

These should be in the meme thread instead

It's really the only way if you think about it.

At least Baptists try and pretend they've been like this since the beginning.

Mainline protestants admit to being part of this one church that did the same things for centuries and then one day 1500 years after Jesus they just decided it wasn't the church anymore and they should go off and do everything pretty much the opposite.

It's completely ahistorical, yes, but it's more consistent to just pretend you were never part of the Catholic church to begin with.

Nice try, schlomo. Catholicism is just as bad as Judaism.

One does, actually. Because one goes back to the New Testament and laments that one cannot see much of this in much of Christian "Religion" today

Attached: 59604dbe8c21f3166661e0a0d042450edcd2d87efc541f18cc0d355db4e01b42.png (500x745, 291.58K)