Gnosticism recovery centre

Any other reformed gnostics here? Care to share your experiences and how you are dealing with dangerous thoughts? How did you find your way out of the gnostic heresy? I suppose other former occultists are welcome as well.

Attached: rkho47s6hi0y54v8m6.jpg (521x433, 31.54K)

gnostic =/= heretic
Anyway I'm happy for you orthobro.

In my youth. I fell for the hermetics meme. That stuff made more sense (at the time). That is until I found out all New Age spirituality is garbage that comes from (((The Kabbalah))), fooling people into thinking they can have the same power as God. Pic related is their so called "tree of life".

Attached: tree-of-life-kabbalah.png (300x466, 72.96K)

Bruh, there is a reason why the Catholics crusaded agianst them.

Who didn't the Catholics crusade against lol

Went from non-denominational Christian to Christian based gnostic for a while trying to think that it could all work in a logical sort of scientific sense. Then I read up on actual scripture and read the Bible with that same sort of mindset. That's when I realized that all of that Gnostic shit I thought that I knew was bullshit and that Christianity is the logical choice. I've been a Lutheran ever since.

yeah something I learned is that spiritual disciplines labelled mysticism are usually actually not mystic but esoteric. When I found true mysticism in the Orthodox Church I realized what I had been missing and everything came together. Kabbalah is an ongoing neurotic prying at the mysteries, not a reverence for them. I don't doubt they're making some headway but no matter how far they get there will always be an infinite chasm in their understanding and they will be hardening their hearts all the way.

Attached: the-mentaculus1.png (943x501, 908.44K)

Why would you exchange one heresy for another?

Attached: 26f79c7f94b04ec5ee176a4057441158ff6b9c17612c64a4ac36a8cc4b98df1b.jpg (600x2738, 1.22M)

This is a thread for former, not current gnostics friend. You may be looking for

>>>/christ/

Gnosis is a Greek word and it means knowledge. Gnosticism, however, is an incredibly bad heresy denying the nature of Christ AND saying that you basically become God through your own efforts and knowledge. Funnily enough, the arguments of modern day protestants sound horrifyingly similar to old day gnostic arguments against the Church. Really makes you think.

The Tradition reject your definition of "gnostic"

That's why I don't defend gnosticism, the "ism" gives it explicitly a bad connotation, which an heretic ideology but I defend the word gnosis and the adjective gnostic.

Used esoteric hitlerism as a core, cobbling together gnostic, sufi, jungian, and masonic stuff as I saw it fit.

Then, whilst studying the occult, I came across Jay Dyer, and saw how easily it all crumbled when compared to orthodoxy.

It's hard to express, but in retrospect, Christianity is really the only "religion" that is "whole", and seperate from what seems like a copy-paste of the same weirdness (ie, everything else).

Satan plagues me with lies. Telling me the holy spirit is Kundalini or that I am in a simulation. Let me tell you this stuff is dangerous friends. Better that you'd never heard such deceptions. I'm the guy who just offered his testimony. The very night I resolved to turn myself in Satan was quoting Hebrews 6:4 at me and insisting that this was just a nasty trick and I only had enlightenment from him. When I got home that night before I turned myself in, it hit me that this idea was none other than blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. I felt condemned and was sinking into despair. But I found a sermon and the words of the Lord were healing me and I felt strengthened. Eventually I said "Satan, you can accuse me of nothing!' And I felt the Holy Spirit returning to me. If you've given ear to Satan's lies, you will be in a precarious position until the Lord removes them in his own good time. Jesus bless you.

Admittedly Jay Dyer is a strange breed. Though he is Orthodox I figure he was probably born into it? He's more like a Calvinist in how he just wants to understand and apprehend things intellectually. I don't typically associate Orthodoxy and apologetics at all. Actually I find apologetics pretty fruitless. Like WLC seems to think its okay to be dishonest in service to God. Bizarre really.

I was a neo-""pagan"" and, God forgive me, a vargtard.

It's the Vargtards I feel the most sorry for. They are some of the europeans that I feel like care about the well being of Europe the most (however deluded some may be). But people like them are part of the reason why /Islam/ has a thread dedicated to converting Europeans (as they see vargtards as a sign of the Christian faith wavering in Europe). Glad you saw the light.

He was raised Baptist.

I'm thankful for his intellectualisation of Orthodoxy. It for sure appeals, and works for, a different set of people, in bringing them into the fold.

Does Christan Esotericism influenced by eastern religions count?

Not sure if LaVeyan satanism counts since it's really just fedorafaggotry with edgy symbols and heavy metal, but I used to be a LaVeyan satanist when I was like 16. A lot of it was that I was deeply depressed and thought that God just wanted me to suffer so I was angry at God and satanism was basically 'you're not my dad!' the ideology.

Yeah, probably not too much to worry about. Its just a sort of cult to dupe people into getting into satanism without their conscience turning them away as far as I can tell. Anything that blatant is also not especially deceptive. Its things like quantum physics theories and many philosophical schools that we really must be wary of.

Got into hermetics, read gnostic gospels, communicated with demons, and then saw Christianity was actually much deeper and slowly weened myself off the other stuff and got into studying the Bible and Satanic conspiracies. I probably broke my brain with all that dark spiritual stuff and I'm not sure how to recover.

LaVeyan Satanism is strictly atheistic though. I wouldn't say it's fully "Satanic" in the Christian sense of the word.

beg God to remove those deceptions

Yeah, when I was younger I was pseudo-gnostic.

Aquinas, William Lane Craig, and Irenaeus. Seriously.

Aquinas' definition of a monotheistic god was solid. Criag's expansion on aquinas and kalam with his mathematical idea that you cannot have an infinite regress was pretty solid too (his focus was on regress in time). Rereading Irenaeus after hearing these set it all up and finished it, since one of his arguments against the gnostics is essentially exposing an infinite regress in the idea of having "gods above god/the demiurge"; this time, the regress was in "layers" of deities – if the demiurge had bythos above him, how can we be sure there is no god above bythos? It's a regress…

in the end, the gnostic cosmology stopped being logical, so I couldn't follow it anymore.

nothing about gnosticism I found appealing is heretical, and everything that is heretical in gnosticism is illogical. I am not tempted by gnosticism, therefore, I do not "deal" with it.

Well i believe in the divinity of Christ and God the father but i used to think why wouldnt God just destroy everything right after the fall? Is eating an apple really that wrong? Does that make it up for the stubbed toe suffering we experience?

Why is this world still here?

Im now a Christian and i got answers.

And also the question of imposition takes place then the question of why am i here

God being in everything helped me a bit on the problem of evil

I still wouldn't call God good because he transcends Good and evil.

I don't have the answers and I am more satisfied with that than having any answers.

t. Orthodox

Catholics even crusaded against Catholics (see razing of city of Zara)

Not an argument

Also I think if the mysteries of God could be apprehended with the flawed human mind, they could only ever be profoundly terrifying in their implications.

That's what heaven be tho.

Yes and it will be witnessed by the pure heart and a supernatural mind

t. Butthurt Cather
>>>/christ/

Take your satanic mumbo jumbo elsewhere. This board is for Christians that love life.

Studied hermeticism and other "natural magics." Fell into the initiated/mundanes meme and at the same time attracting people that wanted to groom me into other occult paths. Encountered a demon while falling into a suspiciously spontaneous trance that offered me "to know." I recognized instantly what it was and asked Christ to save me from it. The demon was pissed and started what I can only describe as psychically screaming into my head. I woke up covered in sweat and broke down. Haven't studied since.

Speak for yourself nerd.

>>>/christ/

Attached: b93.png (800x820, 267.22K)

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-06-05 18-28-16.png (956x683, 487.72K)

What's your opinion on mystics like Jakob Boehme or Emmanuel Swedenborg?

Due to being born in protestant countries they lacked the tradition of the Fathers of the Church and the great mystics.
For this reason they explain their experiences in their own words and the result is often confusing, easy to misunderstand and can lead to heterodox beliefs.

I believe Boheme is legit but is to be read with great caution.
Swedenborg is weird, there are parts that seems legit but his depiction of heaven is really too material to be true. Either it is a big allegory or he was being deceived.

Unironically, yes. Sucks that it's broken, but parts of it are very nice. Gone camping lately?
I'll have to read more about Boehme, but Swedenborg believed he had astrally traveled to other planets and hung out with the inhabitants. "Wiggity whack" doesn't even begin to describe his beliefs.

I need help, I am tempted to look more into Gnosticism because of my virulent Anti-Materialism. Probably due to my sins, but I am slowly having such a distaste for material existence, free will, and the body itself.

I constantly have doubtful thoughts in my head such as:
"Why did God create Sexuality? Why can't humans Reproduce Asexually?"
"Why did God not make mankind into a hive mind of fully obedient drones, is free will that important?"
"Why must the material world exist, clearly the spirit is better in every way."

I wish not to become a heretic but this disdain for the flesh haunts me.

Attached: Blind Eye.jpg (600x470, 50.48K)