Protestant gf

Hey Christanons, I would like some relationship advice.

I’m 21, my GF is 20, we’ve been together for almost 2 years. Right after we started dating, my mother passed, she has always been there for me, she has never let me down. She really helped me get my life back together.

We like the same things like anime and games, we also both attend the same college, different degrees, but come from different backgrounds; I’m Catholic, while she is Protestant “raised”.

Whenever we talk about things, be it hobbies or anything, she’s very happy to talk about it, just not my personal beliefs or politics, because when I talk about them I am “very condescending”, supposedly I act like I’m schooling her. Thus, she avoids all topics to do with my beliefs.

For example, very recently, Ireland’s Abortion vote, and its outcome. I made my views very clear on it, I told her: “it’s murder, it’s against God, it’s satanic and that people think it’s okay because they have been indoctrinated into believing so”, not in such a blunt way of course.

She voices her opinions, how it should be a choice and how it is not my choice. If I try to rebuttal her, she unfortunately has enough of it and voices her displeasure in the current state of things, how she Is not with me for my political views, and how she does not want to me to mention it again.

So what I want to know Christanons is, how should I approach her when trying to show her that abortion is not right, that some of her beliefs are fundamentally wrong. How should I present to her my perspective without sounding condescending or like I’m “schooling”.

Image related, how I feel inside when I talk to her about what I believe in.

Also, please pray for me.

Attached: microwave.jpg (1280x720, 63.27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/7YsL3
westernjournal.com/women-who-abort-have-81-higher-risk-of-mental-issues/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

God is punishing you for being edgy

Push up, don't pull down. Make her like children and childbirth first, extol the virtues of motherhood, get her accustomed to happy families maybe by starting one yourself eh. It'll seem horrible to her when the circuits finally connect "abortion" and "not a baby" together.

Attached: 1cead88aceacccc39f8e089b119e45a61bc68e10e77d308394002a0f1aac02eb.jpg (800x532, 113.62K)

To be blunt, things like “very condescending” and "If I try to rebuttal her, she unfortunately has enough of it and voices her displeasure in the current state of things,she Is not with me for my political views, and how she does not want to me to mention it again." indicates that she Is basically sticking her fingers in her ears and going "la! la! la! I can't heeeeeeear you!" In all likelihood, you're not being condescending at all. She just has no real comeback, and wants to hold on to her comforting beliefs and just wants to get you to shut-up.

I hope I'm wrong, and it's honestly in God's hands, but this does not seem like a good sign. A divided house cannot stand, and one should not be evenly yoked with none believers (as far as I'm concerned "Liberal Christian", more often than not, is an oxymoron.) Having commonality in hobbies is nice and all, but in order to have a truly successful family and household, your deeper religious and spiritual beliefs need to be on the same page. They should not be pushed to the back-burner in the manner that she is doing. They should be front and center in terms of directing the course of your lives.

Hopefully someone else on here can give better advice about getting her with the program, but if she can't eventually get with the program, I'm sorry, but you've gotta move on.

It's a Catholic thing.

Attached: 164fbdf1646c111b82c923351c74ab45ccf14f6af26ecc417f8c72a4a7c34006.jpg (482x600, 55.24K)

Whose choice? The child's?

Just ask her why she is unwilling to discuss it and try to go from there.
This is honeslty such weasel shit and I absolutely hate it. Apply even a little prerssure to these people and they clam up and suddenly don't feel like talking any more or turn it back on you for being
"narrow minded" or whatever else the phrase du jour is.

Please delete this image.

This.
You might not go as far as getting rid of her, but she absolutely needs to be lock-step with you on matters of faith, and even take your lead from it. Your relationship is backwards. It's the dumb shit like anime you should differ on, not on abortion.

>>>/reddit/

It wasn't even explicitly a insult, yoke.
Wait for it.

Attached: 1389809412200.png (534x675, 465.24K)

You don't, women aren't men.
Just treat her like you're explaining it to your 12 year old little brother and you'll do fine.

You can't take shit like that from a woman, you have to assert dominance, or else she's going to lose attraction to you because you come off as beta. That being said, it's important to understand that women are not intellectual, ideological or moral in nature- they operate based on social acceptance and approval. Basically, it doesn't matter what your girlfriend thinks about abortion, as long as she doesn't kill your babies. Capeesh?

>>>/soyboys/

I feel like this would be the only way i could make her see how she is wrong. Recently her step-brother had a baby daughter, and she really adores her. She used to think how children were a nuisance and how they 'restrict our freedom' but i noticed she isnt as set on that now as before.

the womyns

AWALT - All Women Are Like That
Also

Honestly though, how do they expect us to "treat them as equals" when they do this crap.

Here's your problem.

Also this, schopenhauer wrote entire books about how women think like children, it's not an insult it's just how they are, treating them like they know what's up is a mistake.

Then how do i do it? i understand that i need to be more blunt, but anything more specific?

Whenever i try to explain anything to do with this, she just listens, then tells me how im 'droning about conspiracies', She tells me shes set on her beliefs, made up her mind, but she just sounds like a small child not knowing better.

I would run from this kind of woman.

She's larping as a Christian to get a good husband the same way men try to. If she really cared about her faith she would either not believe those things or would, at least, enjoy discussing the matter.

The only people who refuse to discuss matters of eternal import are those who don't believe in eternity.

Also, relationships must be built on these discussions. I'd be gentle but make it clear with her that if she can't see eye to eye with you on these things, or discuss them with you until one of you change your mind, you have to be out- because, otherwise, you will inevitably hate each other once you have children and she attempts to corrupt them.

You're a winnie the pooh man, if she will not accept your views she can hit the winnie the pooh road, because it's not her place.

Show her pictures and videos of abortion. Show her a 12 weeks old fetus and ask her if it's ok to smash his skull and throw him into the trash can.

Also get a grip on her, you are the man.

Thanks for the (you)s, though i want to say that she not all bad, there is good intentions in her, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

She's cute, borderline autistic, and she really brighetens up my days, so i really dont want to get rid of her. Shes someone who got me through a lot of struggles (as did i) and helped me improve myself and my life, shes not one of those people obsessed with sex culture, so i really want to just make her see the light.

Yeah, im planning to talk to her like that, because that would be inevitable if i do not.

Shock value might be good too, she might rethink things once she sees things with her eyes.

He meant that its irrelevant compared to more important stuff.

Eh, he most likely had problem with the wording. Plus there were some shills (most likely from other boards) that were shitposting about how bad anime is, so its sort of a self-defence mechanism

Good luck after you marry her, get her pregnant in the first month, and she 'decides' to kill your first child because 'it is not your choice'.
If it were me, and I couldn't change her mind, I would leave the relationship.

I get that. I just thought the context would be pretty clear that it's not a broadside against anime, just that it's so much less important than God.

Nice try, Satan.

First, instead of tackling the abortion issue, I think you need to look at the relationship in a broader view. Why are you dating a non Catholic? Catholicism is pretty different than most protestant denominations. Even if she is saved, I don't see how a devout Catholic could make a relationship work with someone who isn't on the same level.

Sounds like you found a social-"christian" girl. Drop her, now. It isnt an issue of her being protestant, as their kind exist in every grouping; severe all ties and never look back, it'll save you a lot of heartache and confusion.

Drop her, run. Don't waste your time. She's bad news.

Attached: 123daf82af59b26a43d5ca1c468d5eed8a1aeff1bf64754a1c8470ee26178872.jpg (500x750, 204.17K)

I was in this exact situation with an atheist girl. She has the standard-issued progressive opinions. She donates money to Planned Parenthood every month, is pro-gay marriage, is a self-described Marxist, and believes that children identifying as the opposite sex should be put on hormone treatment. Any engagement on stuff we disagree on, I got accused of "just wanting to win the argument", and it soon became clear that most all of her positions had no critical thinking involved: it was all about her feelings. I decided to press her on the child transgender issue, because it's a purely ontological argument and not relying on some morality. I showed her that its logically inconsistent to accept transgenderism and to not accept trans-agism or trans-specieism. She acknowledged that I was correct, but would still not change her opinion. I pointed out that if children are now considered capable of providing consent to permanent gender modification, that the materialistic-atheist argument against full-on pedophilia disappears. She somewhat acknowledged that this was true, but again, refused to alter her opinion on it. I then told her that I was unable to discern any arguments or principles in her worldview, despite great effort, and that I cannot live life with a nihilist partner, because it would be like sailing a ship without a compass. When she asked me if I would require her to convert to Christianity, I said that would be sufficient but not necessary. I now realize that was the fatal error. I should have taken a hard line on it, because when someone is so dug into their false worldview, it cannot be disassembled piece-by-piece. It sometimes requires a titanic shift, throwing it all out simultaneously. It also sends some weird sexual signal into a woman's mind that she's with a principled man; I really think she was subconsciously testing my resolve. A woman won't follow a weak man. Suffice to say, we broke up within a week of this conversation.

So my advice to you, is to not budge a damn inch. Be principled, have it reflected in your actions so that she can recognize you by your fruits, and don't be afraid to breakup if she's not falling in line.

Infanticide is not "political views". I would tell her that I can't wait until she is raped, just to tell her that she shouldn't complain, since it is not her choice and you don't want her political views.

Really? I think it's an issue of her being a lukewarm Christian; why emphasize her alleged protestantism? There are plenty of pro-choice Catholics too.

Yeah, its more Protestant 'Raised'.

Sure it is, you bastard child

I had an LDR with a conservative calvinist girl. At that point I had just converted to Orthodoxy. She had wonderful intentions and did make me happy. Understood me, got my jokes, and for once I felt like I liked a girl beyond her looks and she actually gave me something emotionally.

Religious discussions between her and I had a lot of friction though. She didn't believe God does things in the physical world, etc. She wanted to learn more about calvinism and read books on it as opposed to learning about Orthodoxy, that sort of thing. Really wasn't open to my denomination. I decided to end it mainly based on that.

A major reason for me doing it was thinking about how garbage life has been and how much suffering I've gone through (when it comes to women), the last thing I want is to settle. And that was what I was doing by being with someone who didn't want to share totally in my faith. I've suffered enough- why prolong it? Plus we all have some vision of the future (I hope) where we've got a nice family and everyone's on the same page spiritually. It's better to focus on that instead of trying to make unjustifiable sacrifice or one that you will regret in future.

Anyway, this isn't a failing on her part or yours- it's not uncommon for people to not want to change. That's just how it goes. If neither of you are willing to budge then just end it now and move on.

That right there is where you are wrong.
I classify it as rookie mistake.

it`s the current year 101:
-christians are bigots
-collective morality is the only solution for peace
-fetus =/= human
-gay=the good
-gay jew= better
-gay black jew= best
-the system is on our side

In my experience of trying to talk atheists and gays into Christianity i always find hatred towards it.

Solution? Don`t be the parent they never had, don`t be the bigger brother, don`t position yourself on a higher moral status (even if you are). You are not asked to agree but if the atmosphere gets tense, ease down. Trying to convince people usually results in conflict.
Debate why you think something or she believes something. Don`t try to convince, that`s what makes millenials and other brainwashed people go mad.

She seems as a nice girl, if things go serious then the better. The kids will be easier to educate. That should be your main concern. When it comes to grown ups it takes a lot of effort and constant "Christian propaganda" to break the "conditioning". Making a modern citizen understand the Christian morality and why it is good takes more than a conversation.

Hope i gave good advice.

Attached: 1491711761669.gif (250x250, 1.82M)

Nobody for holding out to help the person you love?
I was going to write a full post about this, but it was turning into a novel. Point is, who are you to judge another? Have you never been mistaken about the nature of God?
Is it not possible you were delivered to this woman in order for you to strengthen one another in Christ?

I am with an agnostic who was forced out of her church. She was abused by nearly everyone she came in contact with. She was forced to survive an abortion.

She also loves everyone. She desperately wants forgiveness to move on and start a family. She is dying of thirst, for the waters of life. She cared for me during my affliction, and supports my religious study. And she's so hurt and twisted that she's suspicious of anything that could possibly help.

Sometimes, God lets you KNOW that you are meant to be with another. Pray for guidance instead of throwing away the chance you've been handed. If for no reason other than to save the woman you care about.
And winnie the pooh what anyone else thinks. This is you, her, and God.

Attached: 3e110aca-9de7-4265-934f-2e90000716b5.gif (494x640, 782.69K)

no matter how much you try, you can never smack enough common sense into the heads of animetiggers. That is because they're mentally ill

also forgot to mention, yes I will pray for you OP to stop being such a dumb faggot and to overcome whatever mental illness you have

To the rest I say (I, not the Lord) that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he should not divorce her. If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy. But if the unbelieving partner separates, let it be so. In such cases the brother or sister is not enslaved. God has called you to peace. For how do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

If she already believed in the Lord, then that is a good foundation for changing her views. Ask her when she believes life begins. When it's wrong to kill. She may simply just not understand how quickly a fetus devlops. By about 10 weeks all their organs are working and just grow bigger from there. By the first week the dna is set and by week 5 there is heartbeat. Definitely expose her to babies and children. Be an exampled of Christ's love with your love.

Glad things seem to be going well on your end, but not every rescue story has a happy ending. Oftentimes when someone tries to rescue a damaged person from themselves, it can backfire spectacularly, with said damaged person dragging the other down, rather than the rescuer lifting them up. I've learned this the hard way many a times. OP should definitely give her a chance and not just throw in the towel willy-nilly. Nevertheless, OP should also be prepared for the realistic possibility that she might not change, even after much effort and rhetoric.

Sometimes God does indeed bring people into our lives for us to help. But sometimes God brings people into our lives who are hopelessly, stubbornly toxic, who at best, function as lessons for us to learn from, and are best to part ways with, rather than pridefully indulge in a savior complex and get stuck and rutted down into an emotional, psychological and spiritual Vietnam.

The sad truth is that while our Lord and Savior can save anyone: not everyone wants to be saved.

clearly OP is some sort of mutt race so he probably doesnt want to date down.

Attached: 37ee7f7c1b7f00fa18834b5b0f2451a0519601438eef81c3531f4325618c487b.jpg (736x952, 153.99K)

It is an issue I take personally (by proxy at least), so I understand if my assessment is a little project-ey. Still something to consider, though.

I've heard that some parents don't emphasize enough the critical nature of marriage when dating. To disregard the effect of pop culture, it seems as taboo as conversation about actual sex.

Please, talk to your kids, y'all. About both.

OP here

I have had a discussion with her, after telling her that i would like to talk to her about our relationship and the future of it. Naturally, she was anxius, as soon as we had some free time she asked me to talk to her.

I told her that if we do not see eye to eye on certain matters then we will not last, and i will break up with her if she does not become open to a dialouge/discussion with me about topics mentioned before.

I expressed my dissapointment in her, how she believes that abortion is anything close to being allowed, thus i presented presented my views with backing logic.

She did not have many counter-arguments. I believe that she became more critical of her own views, but she will not be changed in an instant. This will take a long time, which i do not mind, if someone is bound to become closer to God because of me then i will gladly spend my time with them.

Thanks for the advice christanons.

also anti-anime LARPers winnie the pooh off

There's no anti-anime LARP. Anime and all its related formats of expression and depiction are inherently degenerate. Just because you miss the forest for the trees, this won't change.

Has she actually seen what an aborted fetus looks like? I fell for the liberal (satanic, really) "bundle of cells" meme for a long time till I actually saw the pics for myself and it looks like a tiny human.

Good job OP! You did the right thing.

Praise God!
Remember, this is a marathon, not a sprint, so take your time, but firmly.

We will pray for your success!

Just out of curiosity, what were your pro-life arguments?

I'll just leave this here.

archive.is/7YsL3
westernjournal.com/women-who-abort-have-81-higher-risk-of-mental-issues/

No.
Music, theatre and literature have the same potential. It's a storytelling medium, and is therefore whatever the creator wills it to be.
Don't blame others for personal fragility.

And there's already plenty of room to argue in the actual anime thread. Don't derail a valid discussion with this.

Attached: b24ceafe-559a-4926-a78d-959da14c05c4.gif (500x282, 1.82M)

It's almost like women are designed to be loving and protective of children and disgusted by things like abortion or something.

Attached: 85fbe0bbef48fb2e99bb9f7ff168115cb2a2d4318189e206ffd1f57f189c95e0.png (1067x800, 511.12K)

A happy family upon thee! I will pray for it!

Attached: soon.jpg (620x877, 69.48K)

please delete

Let her know that a condition for marrying her is that your children must be raised Catholic including being anti abortion and she will have to submit her views to yours. If she can't handle that then find a catholic girl instead.

Stop with the larp marriage gf bf thing. Either marry or be single.

While your statement is true the Church has always been against abortion.
While there are some prots who support it, probably OP's gf came from one of those denoms