Good "All-Rounder" Guns + Gun Purchase Help

Looking for a good "all-purpose" + "all-rounder" gun that happens to strike a good balance between-
Should help to mention that I looking to buy my first gun. Can't seem to find any Mosin Nagants out there and their ammo seems to be pretty expensive.
It doesn't have to excel in any of these fields, just maintain a good balance between these as well as being a good overall gun.

Attached: generic gun image.jpg (2486x1998, 479.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

budsgunshop.com/catalog/search.php?q=mossberg maverick&type=
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Depends on where you live, If your state isn't a shithole that's got a bunch of restrictions you got 2 real choices, An AR15 with a .22lr conversion kit or a 12 gauge. depending on preference. The AR is a little more limited in what you can hunt since it eliminates all birds and most of the larger animals on the continent, but it makes up for it in capacity, range and ammo bulk. Both can be had cheaply, (both can be had for less than 500 bucks) Range isn't all that important depending on where you live and what you specifically want to hunt. If you're on the eastern half of the country, you won't find any spaces larger than 100 yards unless you're on a highway or a cleared out shooting range. You probably won't find anything longer than 50 yards most of the time to be honest. But if you're out west you'll be finding a lot more open spaces.
Really though, i'd get both when financially able, there isn't a one gun fits all deal here.

You're not giving any information on literally anything. You haven't give us budget, no game you want to hunt, no real situations of self defense that'd you want to use it for, no ranges you'd want to be shooting at, and no aesthetics that you'd like on it so I don't know how you want us to give any real suggestions. That's not to mention where you live in and the laws for the state and local hunting laws. Also the day of the Mosin Nagant is long dead, there's no point in getting one anymore as both the ammo and the rifle far exceed the amount they're worth.

Attached: 1468875460625.png (492x365, 193.38K)

Here you go faggot, now leave

Attached: serveimage (34).jpeg (1800x1200, 276.42K)

Don't buy a gay-arr 15. Each one bought contributes to losing your guns by funding gun grabber groups.

QTDDTOT, nigger.
If your budget is sub $600 look into AR-15s. You can get a really decent one at that price and they are easy to modify, have lots of aftermarket and 5.56 is among the cheapest rifle rounds in America as I recall.
If it's sub $300, get a 12 gauge shotgun.

Only buy PSA Ar-15's, problem solved.

OY VEY!!

Even PSA is cucked now.

AR-15 in 5.56/2233 is a narrow spectrum weapon with a SINGLE fucking purpose, the OP (who is a faggot) asked about universality and you recommend a single purpose assault rifle? One track mind with these kids today.

The only real answer is the pump action shotgun, good for hunting at limited ranges, is cheap and reliable, good for self defense, wide range of ammunition, easy to maintain. What the 12 gauge pump lacks here and there it makes up for in universality. Target shooting is clays, not bullseye, but you can get in a lot of useful practice with a shotgun. Ammo is cheap enough and available everywhere. The pump shotgun is also a beautiful thing, rounding out OP's list. $350< can buy something that works great.

In a handgun, a 44 Magnum revolver. It can hunt with full power rounds, you can choose lighter loads for self defense and light 44 Special loads for bullseye target. Broad spectrum weapon, I would not go any lower than an 8 shot 357 Magnum in an N frame, max loads really aren't hunting grade but might sneak under the radar. Either choice gives you great reliability with match grade accuracy. Target auto loaders are too tight for anything but hunting and target stuff, combat auto loaders are usually not that accurate, either auto loader style tends to limit ammunition for reliability purposes. Only thing is quality costs money in revolvers, so budget might be an issue.

If you include hunting in a rifle option, 223/5.56 is out, its not even legal for deer hunting in many places and it really isn't a deer rifle. Look up modern scout rifles, or a standard military surplus bolt action (even if the prices are inflated) because it can hunt, it can still be a fast and capable self defense rifle with training (and a super killer with hunting bullets), ammunition is available and companies like PPU make sure even 8mm Mauser, 7.62x54R et al are affordable and for order, aesthetics are there. Learn to handload and battle rifle cartridges can be used for smaller game with lighter bullets and correct loads, can be used for large game.

If you demand an auto loader, consider the CETME, maybe. I've heard poorer things about accuracy which might make it less of a viable hunting option, but its affordable. In any case, 7.62 NATO is far more universal than 5.56 in usefulness.

what?

fuck cheap, you won't get anything good for cheap.
Ruger Redhawk in 44 magnum. It will do anything. You can go form 700 to 1400+ lbs of energy. Self defense is a guaranteed 1 hit kill with 44 magnum, and you can fight Grizzly at close range with it.
OR go with a lever action 45-70.

also, Mosin Nagants are dogshit, avoid at all cost, a total waste of money.
You'd be much better off getting a PTR G3 clone or DSA FAL.

Yeah, every company involved with making and selling AR stuff is partially owned by the gun control crowd now. Every purchase helps support the kikes.

wait, how? First I heard of this shit. What's going on, explain.

ARs are popular. Gun control is popular. Imagine what a jew would think and put two and two together.

Give 10 examples

did something actually happen or are you just memeing?
I mean, memeing on 8gag in 2015 was fun but it's current year plus 4, time to grow up.

Every single company, dumbass.

This user
is very close to FPBP actually. Pump action 12GA or a bolt action in .308 or .30-06 is probably the best "all around" gun you can get to cover your criteria. .308 and .30-06 ammo can be expensive depending on where you get it but for a first gun you won't need too much ammo (yet). Those rifles can hunt big game, are in caliber big enough to serve in home defense(although be careful of wall penetration) and have excellent range and reliability. Some of the wood finished older models are aesthetic as fuck too.

I'd say a good price range would be $500 to $1200, I would want it's features to be well worth it's price, nothing too cheap though where it's not worth it to maintain. I'm not too picky, I want a gun that just works decent overall for any variety of task.
Nothing that's too overpriced or overcollected, if anything I just want a fun or historical gun.

Then get an AR-15, you're not giving us game you want hunt so that'll do for most pests.

Oh sorry, deer or turkey hunting, typical standard game, but nothing like ducks or other birds.

Deer or Turkey? 12 gauge shotgun then.

With that budget you can get two or even three guns that span the full range of uses much more effectively than one equally priced gun would.
Make sure that you don't purchase a gun without shooting it first. If you don't like how it shoots, don't buy it. Pic related can give you some ideas, but it's budget stuff.

Attached: guide1.png (1497x2126, 1.43M)

Where tf are you buying or getting these?

Online or at a store? Are you retarded?

$500 is the average price for a gun I've seen here.

He's probably just a newfag that visited some overpriced shop in-person.

These prices aren't outdated.. yet. ARs may even be cheaper right now depending on where you get them, I haven't checked recently.

You can do fine (reliable guns that will last for years) well under $500. The Mossberg Maverick is a favorite of guys on Zig Forums and goes for only $200ish.
budsgunshop.com/catalog/search.php?q=mossberg maverick&type=
Like I said, take a look around the chart and get some ideas. The prices are accurate.
DON'T BUY A GUN WITHOUT TRYING IT OUT FIRST

Most of the guns I'm looking at on that website still average around $500
Though it seems to be the shotguns that are a bit cheaper.

Glock 40.
Shoots 10mm and .40, and can take 9" barrel, and 9mm Dillion barrels in both stock 6" and 9".
Has cutout for red dot optic.
Mags will work in that stubby Glock 10mm.

Mossberg 500. It's cheapish at 250-300 american, you can shoot birds with it, you can shoot deer, you can shoot niggers in your house with it depending on your ammo. It fits all requirements on your list with wood furniture. Even in the most backwater gun shop here in cunt-land has 12 gauge of some description.

For pistols, I'm going to be admittedly biased and say that the ruger redhawk 44 is probably one of the better options you could have as a side arm- rimmed brass is absurdly easy to reload for.

For a handgun a Ruger GP-100 5" in .357?
Reasonable more than cheap unless you go second hand.
Check.
Check
Check (38).
Check.
It's a revolver.

For a rifle it's obviously gonna be a pump-action shotgun (Mossberg).

Except that you comically cuckolded faggots can't own pump action shotguns unless you're a fucking farmer or security guard, don't pilpul me you fucking fag

MUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTTMUTT

Shotguns are bad for combat.

Best all around gun is AR-10.

AR-15 indeed is specialized for single purpose. Killing resisting humans in combat.

Attached: 1457149696527.jpg (3000x1840, 1.26M)

Than Estonia poster is right, get yourself a real battle rifle.

FAL or G3 are much heaver, less ergonomic (optics mounts ah meh) shot less smoother and completely behind innumerous modularity of the AR-10, its accessories market and overall builds cost.

Why do you type like a subhuman? Did you pass English in school, or are you just underage?

He says the AR-10 is better than the real battle rifles that were actually accepted and used by civilized countries across the globe. A drunken shill, or more likely a retard.

AR-10 is most accepted and selling battle rifle in the 21st century. G3 and FAL are museum artifacts at this point when AR-10 goes forward.

What's with AR-10 fags? Every time there's AR10 discussion there's at least one retard that manages to be more dumb and obnoxious than a glockfag.

Attached: improved_glock.jpg (409x250, 83.54K)

Where might one go about purchasing an FN FAL in good condition. FN doesn't sell them anymore, and neither do gun stores near me.

lol no, a modern AR-10 is just an AR-15 reverse engineered for .308, and as such it is awful. G3 and FAL were built specifically from the bottom up for .308 and handle that round far better.

.308 and 30-06 are guaranteed over-penetration on humans, and the next house in the neighborhood in addition to your own.
OP should just get a Ruger or S&W 44 magnum revolver, I'd say Redhawk.

With FMJ. I hunt whitetail with Federal 180gr Power-Shok JSP and at distances of only a few dozen yards, it isn't rare for the bullet to stop before exit if shot from the front. Through the side is different, those do always go through, but from the couple of bullets I've been able to recover after the fact, the mushrooming is very reliable. I don't doubt that most of the energy would be lost by the time one of these went through a human target. If I was still worried and wanted less penetration, I could stick with soft points but switch to a lighter bullet, or maybe some high-velocity HPs.

My only gun in .308 at the moment is my Sako, though, so if I'm in an HD situation I'm more likely to grab my 870 or one of my pistols.

Order an SA58 and have it shipped to your local FFL

Buy a cheap as shit Jennings and blow up your hand, you retarded faggot.

Which prices are odd to you? Put them in gun.deals and find prices on online stores. You shouldn't be buying new guns locally.

On sale at PSA for 250+shipping (17 shows the estimate)+transfer. That's about 300 depending on your transfer cost.

Sportsman's Guide has it for 289.99 and comes with a 25 buck gift card. You can use code GUNSNGEAR for some percent off (It's a referral code so gun.deals doesn't publish it). The new EC9 (budget model with fixed sights and not as nice a finish) goes for even less.

OK, can't find this one for what it's listed for. Only barely qualified to be on the chart anyways since there was a surplus of space under pistols. Will drop it for the Mossberg Glock mag thing if it's updated.

Discontinued in favor of a Gen 2 that's only slightly more than the listed price.

DR gun supply has it for 373.93 for

We can own straight pull shotguns, which are pretty close.

I've handled some of their type 3 uppers recently and they appear to be correctly made. I checked them against parts that I knew to be good, and everything that interfaces with the upper fits correctly. That doesn't guarantee you won't get a lemon.

Let me know when the "AR-10" platform finally has the 19th century innovation of standardized, interchangeable parts like the FAL and G3.

Attached: rifles.jpg (2517x1066, 549.22K)

Attached: 363c757870313315768dd6fa95b1d0bc.jpg (800x530, 79.24K)

You've described a 12 gauge shotgun. It excels in every category you listed. Walmart has a chinese knock off of the Remington 870 (18" barrel) for 148 brand new. It is a pump that holds 6+1 2 3/4 shells after you remove the plug and the extra cap that locks into the screw on end of the mag tube. Cheap birdshot is 20 bucks for 100 rounds. You can walk out of there same day with 200 rounds of ammunition and the gun for under 200 dollars. Nothing else compares to the affordability, the versatility, the effectiveness, or the availability of 12 gauge ammo. That is my number one recommendation for if you had a very tight budget and needed one gun.

rifle power 30 cals will easily penetrate deer at extended range. You can shoot two animals together if they're along side each other and there will still be penetration. The only way it wouldn't would be if you shot the animal directly in the chest on a level, non-elevated shot so the bullet would have to pass through the entire mid-section of the animal longway. Even then, I actually did that with a 300 win mag to a pig, with a 150 grain load, and the bullet actually rode along the animal's spine from the top rear of the animal, I was shooting free handed while kneeling, and exited through the upper neck. Even though the bullet didn't actually hit any major organs, the sheer force of its energy impacting the animal's body killed it instantly. That's the kind of power you're dealing with when you're shooting 30 cals. If you use one of those things for "self defense," expect a legal shitshow.

atlanticfirearms.com DSA does the FAL clone.

And you've just outed yourself as someone who's never been hunting and is just spouting off bullshit to sound cool online. Really, you did that beforehand when you talked about "30 cals", but that was the icing on the cake. Also, who the fuck uses .300 Win Mag on a pig? People hunt those with pistols all the time. You nogunz LARPing piece of shit.

Most of the time I've found my rounds ripped apart in the deer, if anything its fragments that come out the other end and that is at ranges of 75-125 yards give or take. If you want over penetration, shoot a moose with 14.5mm.

checks all the boxes

only boomer fudds want mosins and sks get a damn ar-10 if you want somthin for all around use

shotgun is literally the worst home defense weapon u can use, also how u gonna hit a deer past 100 yards with 44 mag. so yes ar15 or cheap psa ak even

Thanks for trying. Here's your (You).

Attached: 10366291_10202170708964635_1708296523996681888_n.jpg (480x360, 31.05K)

.308 and .30-06 aren't ideal for home defense, but they will get the job done. In some places it's easier to get rifles than handguns so thath's why I put it in my suggestion. They also are very good "all around" gun to have

As for the over-penetration see ,