Do animals have souls?

Other primeapes, elephants, dolphins, dogs and even certain farm animals do not seem too far removed from us in certain aspects, especily elephants. But do they have souls?

Attached: Bubbles.jpg (450x677, 38.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TOG7-052Vyo
openbible.info/topics/animals_in_heaven
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No

Nay

Negative

Doesn't matter. Even if they have souls, humans have dominion over them.

Genesis 1
28 God blessed them and God said to them: Be fertile and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it. Have dominion over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, and all the living things that crawl on the earth. 29 God also said: See, I give you every seed-bearing plant on all the earth and every tree that has seed-bearing fruit on it to be your food;
30 and to all the wild animals, all the birds of the air, and all the living creatures that crawl on the earth, I give all the green plants for food. And so it happened.
31 God looked at everything he had made, and found it very good. Evening came, and morning followed—the sixth day.

Genesis 9
1 God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them: Be fertile and multiply and fill the earth.
2 Fear and dread of you shall come upon all the animals of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon all the creatures that move about on the ground and all the fishes of the sea; into your power they are delivered.
3 Any living creature that moves about shall be yours to eat; I give them all to you as I did the green plants.

But, there are animals in heaven
Isaiah 65
17 See, I am creating new heavens and a new earth; The former things shall not be remembered nor come to mind.

25 The wolf and the lamb shall pasture together, and the lion shall eat hay like the ox—but the serpent’s food shall be dust. None shall harm or destroy on all my holy mountain, says the Lord.

Rev 19
14 The armies of heaven followed him, mounted on white horses and wearing clean white linen.

Nope, to say that they do is paganism.

Attached: No-Dogs-New-Jerusalem.jpg (400x300, 66.34K)

I don't see why they couldn't.

No creature is there crawling on the earth, no bird flying with its wings, but they are nations like unto yourselves. We have neglected nothing in the Book; then to their Lord they shall be mustered. Qur'an 6:38

Why do you Christians hate animals so much?

No surprises

Do goats have wings? I forget.

No. The part that is translated as "soul" in English should better be translated as "life force"

Isaiah and revelations are symbolic and should not be taken literally.

>11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly

24 Then God said: Let the earth bring forth every kind of living creature: tame animals, crawling things, and every kind of wild animal. And so it happened: 25 God made every kind of wild animal, every kind of tame animal, and every kind of thing that crawls on the ground. God saw that it was good.

God in his omnipotence can create an animal with a soul in heaven. I believe anyone who goes to heaven will be able to meet their pets in heaven if God willed it. But a random deer in the woods that never knew a human will die and that's it unless God willed otherwise.

Attached: hahaha-no-Jesus.jpg (550x339, 33.53K)

Attached: Pets in heaven.PNG (1798x294, 198.92K)

They have souls. Not eternal, rational soul, but soul nonetheless. They are even named animals because they have sensual souls (anima)

Debatable, and also not relevant, we have dominion & a duty not to abuse it. I'd just say that if there is a plan for them God has been tight lipped about it.

ask your """prophet""" the same question
youtube.com/watch?v=TOG7-052Vyo

Attached: 3a7.jpg (680x680, 76.57K)

>>>/reddit/

openbible.info/topics/animals_in_heaven

I recall that on the Catholic catechism (I'm not Catholic though) that animals do have souls, but they are material souls unlike man.

That being said, God loves all of his creations from the beginning and garden of Eden, so I can see animals being reincarnated to heaven. Although, they cannot reach salvation obviously, like man.

Mr. Scruffles Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1_Yg1NB-xivSvQ5DYEalACCw.jpeg (1076x1606, 203.99K)

Today a jewish hipster dude from my school told me that soul doesn't exist. He kept repeating "give me proof" I couldn't really articulate myself at that time. He was constantly also mentioning Sartre. What would be your answer guys?

The immortality of the soul in man is due to the breath of God of Genesis 2:7 and that was given only to humans.

So, if you mean Soul as in an immortal soul, no the animals do not have a soul.
If, however, you mean soul as the center of cognitive abilities of a living being then animals have a limited soul: they lack the spiritual and rational parts of the soul but they do possess the cognitive and appetitive parts of the soul (memory, desires, senses, etc…)

Just false. Why do you think it was wolves that became man's hunting partners and not cats? Because wolves have the inherent intelligence, pack mindset and loyalty that make them good hunting partners.

Ask him how consciousness came about. Then watch him desperately try to explain how matter can somehow become aware of it's own existence.

Nothing in this world has soul

t.

Attached: e0905b118675f6fce916c9ef55c845b447fedd267bca94dff2513edfa4436b71.png (550x679, 22.85K)

They have souls but not immortal souls, so they can't be saved.

Why do people bump nearly dead threads?

It had to correct them

You need to know the difference between Logic and Reason.
After that, research what the Church Fathers saw as "image of God in man". Which is being able to use Logic and not only Reason, Free Will and God-granted immortality.