Scenario: Peak oil leads to old tactics in war?

Potentially bullshit/autistic scenario:

How does Strelok fight a war in this scenario? I have heard some on craptube say that "armies would revert back to mass formations and lines of battle" but that seems idiotic and suicidal. Fire and maneuver with muzzle loaders or bolt action rifles with black powder loads might also be problematic.

And what would be the most advanced weapon that could use black powder? Rifled muskets? Bolt action rifles? I personally suspect that semi/full-autos are out of the question - the fouling from the black powder would foul up the action. You might get a couple of shots off but then it would need to be cleaned.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpeg (657x600, 94.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_depolymerization
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_tank
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holt_gas_electric_tank
popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a13978519/slam-cruise-missile-nuclear-thermonuclear/
popularmechanics.com/science/energy/a8914/why-dont-we-have-fusion-power-15480435/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiotrophic_fungus
osti.gov/biblio/21128408-alpha-particle-induced-luminescence-rare-earth-doped-sub-sub-nanophosphors
invidio.us/watch?v=WMKLQ0aWo4M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperaccumulators_table_–_3
phys.org/news/2016-03-coli-pharmaceutical-factory.html
sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/03/120326112504.htm
igb.illinois.edu/article/scientists-engineer-shortcut-photosynthetic-glitch-boost-crop-growth-40
newsarticleinsiders.com/genetic-engineering-researchers-increase-the-yield-of-rice-plants-significantly
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birkeland_current
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3979999/
sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/01/140116085105.htm
physicscentral.com/explore/action/pia-entanglement.cfm
arstechnica.com/science/2011/12/more-evidence-found-for-quantum-physics-in-photosynthesis/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algae_fuel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The maxim gun/vickers gun would make a comeback considering they were chambered in .577/450/11mm Gras respectively.

Peak oil is a meme.

Why would black powder weapons be used in a such a scenerio? It's not like black powder manufacturing is all that widely different from smokeless powder manufacturing, and if your excuse is brass shortage then why not shotgun shells or even bootleg caseless. And even, ignoring that, if we did go back to blackpowder, we wouldn't be using muzzle loaders, we'd go to paper cartridges & modernly enhanced rocket balls in breech/tube loaders.

Attached: davis.png (600x545, 307.68K)

Hence the "humor me on this one! Apply copious amounts of bullshitium"

Black powder would be useful for localized production. While smokeless powders could still be made I imagine obtaining and transporting the chemicals/materials needed to make them might make the cost prohibitive. Or at the very least make it an expensive thing that only the special forces or their equivalents get to use. Of course, I could be wrong. And I will admit I am pretty ignorant when it comes to these matters and have a lot to learn.

A brass shortage might not be the issue - it might be that there is not enough electricity to run the machines to make brass sheets. Unless there is a low tech solution, or a given factory/community/whatever has access to a renewable source of energy like hydroelectric, geothermal, etc.

Again I know very little about this topic, so this could be complete bullshit on my part.

Peak oil was in 2008.
All that's gonna happens transport wise is the massive switch to electric power that the car industry (and not the oil industry) has been trying to avoid since a fucking century (did you know electric cars are OLDER than internal combustion engine cars? And that they had some going over 100 km/h in fucking 1899?)
You can thank the Germans and burgers for fucking everyone up and burning the finite reserve oil (a.k.a. the material of God, that can be recombined in hundreds of thousands of fashions, the dream of all alchemists) for over a century instead of using it to better mankind life in the long run.

Just set the oils on fire to rid of it forever.

Older forms of smokeless powder exist that are just as easy to manufacture without electricity as black powder, and while not as effective as true modern powder are still miles above bp. I.e cordite

Electric cars are good for those who live in small countries, where the cities are close to one another. When you are in a country that is large with several large cities separated by hundreds or thousands of kilometers of fuck all… they are not as useful as you might think. Its not how fast it can go that matters. Its how far it can go.

So society would, in the worst case scenario, revert back to older kinds of smokeless powders, and possibly early kinds of repeating rifles/carbines, perhaps with paper cartridges or rocket balls (assuming there was a brass shortage or an inability to get the machinery used to make cartridges working)? So no real change in tactics would be needed.

Attached: Australia is BIG!.jpg (485x439, 85.48K)

We will finally switch to nuclear power then.
Because there is finally motivation to.

Does the land down under have T I G E R S?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_depolymerization

Attached: scooby doos.jpeg (992x1024, 88.76K)

Attached: tiger space.png (1280x904, 1.34M)

Coal-powered ramjets?

You can turn things like plastic waste and coal into hydrocarbon fuel and the technology to do it has existed since the 1920's yet its not done because its still cheaper to burn dinosaurs. Just because something got killed in such a way by big oil doesn't mean it would have worked out.

I never get what's the connection between space, poland, russia and space. Did polish tiger rape someone in a russian zoo or something?

Engagements would happen at closer range and without modern infantry support. It would be a weird mix of 1860-1920 firearms tech with doctrine that includes contemporary ideas of warfare and assault tactics but without support artillery, CAS etc. Tactics would need to be changed drastically, but we wouldn't revert back in time as if we had forgotten the lessons learned from all previous wars.

Attached: DARE YOU EAT THE FORBIDDEN SANDWICH.jpg (996x892, 135.47K)

To clarify, I mean this in an overarching sense. As with doctrinal lessons learned, we wouldn't just forget certain firearm mechanics that have proved to be superior; no one is going to go back to stripperclip-fed LMGs. It would again be a weird amalgamation of modern mechanics and understanding being adapted for obsolete powder.

Only in ZOO.

It was just KC being KC.

Dammit Australia, don't break the bank, those oil companies have other things they need to spend that money on.

How would modern infantry react to the loss of all that support though?

Attached: Solar car.jpg (520x272, 47.96K)

Solar-powered drones and Zeppelins should still be possible, right?

It will be nice if they invest in nuclear powered cars because they can last for decades without a refueling. That will destroy the petroleum companies.

I really wish Straya and Kiwi have unique flags so we don’t get mistaken for wrong countries.

YOU COULD TURN JEWS INTO FUEL FOR YOUR PANZERS!

Just imagine what would happen if Russia and Saudi-Arabia suddenly lost all of their international power. And also what would happen with the economy of the USA if the petrodollar died overnight. It also means that sanctioning a country wouldn't be that effective, because even a landlocked one could be independent of outside energy sources. This technology really does have the power to change the world. Just not the way hippi faggots would make you think.

Why don't you just conquer them already?

Attached: __original_drawn_by_karo_chan__9cae0ca139a2b2621ed762da6f9c0c79.jpg (1577x1134, 1.89M)

You build fucking railways (also waaaayyyy older than internal combustion engine).
The simple fact that we even consider using cars and trucks to move long distance is baffling when you compare it to the energy efficiency of rail transport. It was only achievable by using oil that was extremely cheap to harvest… which is what is running out and which production has peaked in 2008 and has been downside ever since (and it's easy to harvest because it's easy to find… so we know there aren't any anymore with a 99,99% certainty), doesn't mean that we're gonna "run out of oil" but we're definitely are running out of CHEAP oil.
So oil based transportation and power generation IS GONNA DIE because it's gonna be economically unsustainable because it was an economical bubble in the first place based on a really dumb idea.

The whole thing of "going green" HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ECOLOGY.
The whole thing is a scheme of DISGUISED SUBSIDES to whole pangs of industries that gorged themselves on cheap oil for a century and are now using TAX MONEY to make the investments they should have done 30 years ago when it was clear that all the cheap oil sources had been found, production had plateau'd and the only way left was down (but energy was still cheap, so it was the time to do it).

Shit mate, my bad, sorry. Is there anything stopping you guys from going back to your original flags? There's no way to confuse those.

As for nuclear powered cars do you mean electric cars charged from a 100% nuclear power grid? Or cars with an on-board nuclear reactor? Because reactor powered cars sounds like a great way to turn any riot/terror attack/DUI/generic car crash into a dirty bomb.

Attached: The REAL Kiwi flag.png (800x400 99.48 KB, 65.3K)

Peak oil doesn't mean oil has run out. It just means that we have likely passed the zenith of oil production on this planet. The military will be the very last thing to run out of oil. The last drop of oil on Earth will likely become rocket fuel for some ICBM.

As for your scenario:
As aesthetic and philosophically enlightening they were, mass formations are never coming back. We aren't suddenly going to forget how to do rifling or how to build a machine gun. Neither of those need oil and have existed for longer than oil-powered combustion engines. Even a Maxim gun makes mass formations utterly untenable for anyone that isn't Chinese. And that gun was working with black powder for about a decade.
Realistically, warfare would be about early WW1 levels, assuming nobody can figure out a way to be fast enough with horses to bypass fortifications and that electric cars of good enough specs can't be produced either. We may see WW1 fortifications defeated by short-distance electric cars towed to the frontline by horses, then used to ferry men into battle quickly.
Keep in mind, an electric grid needs constant upkeep and I doubt we'd see rural areas with electricity in your scenario.

You seem to forgot that computers don't need oil to work, therefore we could design some bretty nice steam engines. Imagine a world of steam-electric vehicles!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_tank
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holt_gas_electric_tank

Both.

Make the dirty bomb illegal and the penalty for this crime is immediate death without the trial for the bomber and his/her whole family. Hang the bodies across the lights along the roads defer the people from being stupid.

Except that the cars reactor is just a dirty bomb waiting to happen. All it takes is any disruption of the (incredibly finicky) systems that keep the reaction under control.

That's a meltdown on Main Street

Even if you're OK with the engine suddenly being something that an ordinary guy can't work on in his garage rot in hell for that by the way every city on the planet would have a few dozen areas sectioned off (and a few hundred citizens needing Potassium Iodide) every week. At that point it might actually be cheaper to just add Prussian Blue to the water system. Or we could put that funding into going Nuclear with the power grid and publicly teabagging anti-nuke activists. If you're worried about the range then add solar panels to the roof of the car to extend the range, and build decent recharging infrastructure.

Russian E-war jamming has caused the Ukraine to fight using high tech trench warfare

God, shovels never looked so good

SAD

I wouldn't worry about nuclear accidents because a nuclear reactor just flat out wouldn't work at that size.

You still can’t change my mind. I say we should give the nuclear technology with unlimited funds. I believe that every people should have their own rugged mobile powered by micro-nuclear batteries.

I'm not sure if I fail at reading comprehension, of if you've been hitting the petrol a bit too hard today.

Will cold fusion ever be practical?

Attached: b19bdd235c58072cf8bf138d2f247f3577e326ceb96097241ee112d412fa9c87.jpg (612x716, 285.46K)

Solar cars like the one pictured are only good for moving a person long distances. They are useless for transporting goods or resources. They also break down a lot, and the outback is the last place in the world you want to break down in without any support or the ability to signal for help. And without oil, there would be no plastics to use when making those cars either.

Also, can we get back to how this scenario would change the tactics on the battlefield?

What sort of plastic recycling/alternate sources are we envisioning here? Asides from the added weight and aesthetics of not being able to use plastic for rifle construction it's going to have an impact on the kind of circuitry that can be used, especially with one use items like ordnance. Even making the electronics a little bit more expensive could have a major impact on when/if they're allowed to be used in combat, and that makes armoured vehicles a lot less risky than they are at the moment. Even though unguided anti-armour weapons like the RPG-29 would make sure they weren't invulnerable cutting the engagement range down from over a kilometre to a few hundred meters on a good day would make tank hunting a much more dangerous job.

Aircraft would probably be either taken out of the picture or so incredibly rare that they might as well not be there, having a huge effect on every level of combat and military operations right the way down to logistics.

Read, think, use what little brains you have. I did.

Care to prove that statement by showing what you came up with? Or am I just meant to blindly believe you like an NPC?

I mean we haven't even done cold fusion. But it'll be done in 20 years, that's why they said 20 years ago though.

I wish

Did you expect something different?

Attached: autism.png (490x1015, 678.69K)

That was actually a pretty good commercial.

More to the point I'm thinking steam/electric tanks and APCs. With electrically driven gatling guns shooting .45-70 black powder cartridges.

Different guy, but I think that instead of using fission as a power source one way of recharging a battery is to use a black-boxed RTG. Given black-boxes already survive burning air-crashes and that an RTG does not in any way use high pressure components like a fission reactor does, you'd be constantly recharging your main battery in your electric or hybrid car for a very long time. Even if it couldn't charge it to the point of powing the car as it runs, it would be enough to charge it as it sits in the garage or in the car-park at work. It would only need to be about the size of a small car battery, and does not need to sit in the engine bay at all. Even having that paired up with a small matt black solar panel strip mounted in the dash would be nice for SHTF power.

The OP may have, but I didn't.

so wait a train that produces steam using electricity instead of coal? why the fuck would that be a good idea? l doubt it would be cheaper then electric drives and you cannot move it over uncabled lines

I think he is referring to using a steam engine as a generator for electricity

It was him that said it, not me, retard.
That implies the car has a nuclear reactor.

…..you stupid fucking felonious kangaroo, peak oil would mean the re-urbanization process begins in full, destroying most shitty suburban communities that aren't just small cities.

Im getting on my keyboard for this.

Attached: cae0308494b94cbf77283b47c4f3292f.jpeg (848x1200, 261.36K)

I sure do fucking wish it were that simple, and possible everywhere. But it isn't, in places like Australia, Brazil, Russia and South Africa, you can't just grow enough food exactly where it is consumed, because people live elsewhere and the food needs to transported vast distances, and in many cases the capital input to get something is too damned high for anything but the largest and most massive megafarms.

Its only the rice munching cultures of East Asia, and parts of Europe and North America, where farming even could be de-corporatized and still attempt to feed everyone

What the fuck?! Thats not how any of this works, at all. Every major city outside of large garrisons of the former Russian Empire became major cities because of commercial advantage, and almost always because of access to water transport, whether that be oceanic or riverine, usually both. The large cities would see another explosion of population
Yeah sure, after they finish slaughtering each other

No, I won't humor you on this you fucking retard
This is almost acceptable. Except that improved Lithium batteries are on the horizon, and current Lithium batteries are already incredibly fucking good. On high end phones, turning your power mode to ultra savings and not dicking off results in a battery that last for 10 fucking days if you don't touch it.

Hand cranked rechargers already exist, as do small portable solar panels that would be good enough

If the resources exist for black powder to still be a thing, then smokeless powder would also exist. As would Cordite.

The absolute fucking worst that would occur is a knock back to ww1 level of chemical engineering for gunpowder, which means Direct Impingement gets a hardy fucking NOPE, and everyone is using Long Stroke Piston rifle designs.

Early 20th century chemistry is simple to what we use now, if less consistent and dirty burning. But if the minerals exist for black powder, then we won't be knocked back that far. Too much knowldge has proliferated too far.

As far as energy goes, you stupid Australian, your country could have plentiful renewable energy within 5 years if your politicians were worth a fuck, you would only need to pay for maintenance, LIKE ANY OTHER FUCKING POWERPLANTS

No, we will eventually run out of fossil fuels if we keep burning them for shits and giggles instead of preserving them for the precious materials they are

But for the next 100 years, shale oil and then coal liqeufaction are the order of the day

This. And a Brass shortage is unlikely, as unlike the powder, it doesn't disappear in a fireball, Brass is easily recyclable. Fuck, if we cared, we wouldn't mine another ounce of material related to ammo for antoher century if we wanted to recycle hardcore enough

Based Frog, don't you have another Bastile to storm?

And? Electric vehicles have gotten to the 400 kilometer range years ago, and can recharge from standard three prong outlets in a few hours, some of them in a few minutes, and 500 kilometer range recharged in just 30 minutes is already doable

Its possible

There is no such thing as a brass shortage, just a effort shortage of people too dumb to harvest ranges

Oh and steel cased ammo exists, you fucking dumbass

Yes and?

Nuclear powered Semi Trucks aren't too bad, throrium is quite scalable.

Nuclear power ocean going transport ships though, thats were the money is

With Skynet Terminator technology, that would be plenty doable

The Abo think Teenage girls are excessively tolerable

Attached: 1ad.png (361x333, 63.27K)

Would sharply declining fossil crude oil supplies reignite interest in Solar power satellites or would that threaten Judeo-Saudi investments in synthetic petroleum?

The Japs won't care as long as their supply of silicone for sex-doll robots isn't threatened.

Try going for a nuclear powered flying wing cargo/transport aircraft that can double up as high altitude strategic bombers. You'd also have enough power and space to put in a Russian tier EW suite with 360 degree LAMS coverage. Shit, you could probably use modified versions of that vehicle as the basis for almost every role a modern airforce has units for, except for CAS I guess. if anybody can turn this Ace Combat aircraft into a CAS asset then please do share

Attached: nuclear flying wing.jpg (1240x853, 136.27K)

What would be the best reactor type for a dirty bomb suicide plane?

Attached: thinking.png (451x619, 387.33K)

Whatever was in Project Pluto / SLAM?

popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a13978519/slam-cruise-missile-nuclear-thermonuclear/

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1024x727 11.24 KB, 678.35K)

forgot this image

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1491x757, 603.28K)

They've been able to sustain the plasma at reasonable temperatures for a couple of seconds at a time, and it's longer with every iteration.
The idea is to make the process indefinitely stable, after that it's going to be a competition as to how to best extract energy from the process. There are a couple of designs already. I like the one where the plasma is contained in a ball of liquid metal, pushed inwards by lasers. The lasers compress the sphere, then the fusible material inside burns, the sphere expands, and the heat is siphoned from the metallic shell to heat water and spin a steam turbine. It's kind of like a beating heart.

Failing all of that, we still have hot fusion. Dig a mineshaft into the ground, reinforce the walls with concrete, fill 1/3 with water, plug the top with a turbine and chuck an H-bomb in there. One-time use, but it's power for a decade at a time, plus the turbines could be scuttled and reused.

Attached: 7afdc02fcef05703b0896ccc5b0afb38d892f32a0f46ad0bce66e4b51e660b45.jpg (500x456, 40.1K)

The real revolution in energy is directly converting radiation into usable electricity.

We know that Fusion reactors can work, and that they're just too damn expensive to be more than an interesting idea at the moment.

popularmechanics.com/science/energy/a8914/why-dont-we-have-fusion-power-15480435/

If that doesn't sound like too much of a bill then remember that Chicago Pile-1, the worlds first nuclear reactor, cost about $127 million. While the military is one of the few organisations that could potentially stump up the cash to build the first fusion reactor I don't think they're likely to fund it for something like the projects discussed ITT, and even if they did build it the gen-1 reactors would be too big even for aircraft carriers.

Would Lockheeb consider building a railgun air+space defense network on the US coasts powered by overpriced fusion reactors so the burger populace doesn't have to miss out on the latest Netflix series once WW3 goes down?

For satellite defence/orbital combat I'm sure lockheeb would be far more likely to promise some kind of SSTO space plane loaded with a weaponized laser that can only handle 0.3 seconds of firing before the capacitors burn out and need to be replaced.

Oil is still needed for planes. Currently the lithium batteries power-to-weight ratio is nowhere gone enough for flight.

Electric can work for bikes and cars but it's still a while for range parity. Although I can see the possibility of a purely electric stealth-tank.

It's not.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiotrophic_fungus
Don't forget about RTGs, beta cells, or even alpha particle to light conversion:
osti.gov/biblio/21128408-alpha-particle-induced-luminescence-rare-earth-doped-sub-sub-nanophosphors
The only revolutionary energy source is vacuum quantum. Everything else is iterative.

No.
First waste plastics would be converted en-masse:
invidio.us/watch?v=WMKLQ0aWo4M
Then algae would be bred to better produce hydrocarbon chains which could be processed for fuel and plastics.
Hydrocarbons are the most efficient safe energy storage known to man. Everything else is extraordinarily toxic or extremely hazardous.
Chlorophyll is the most efficient energy converter known to man and it relies on vacuum interactions quantum.

The real mindfuck is that we have all the technology necessary to build seed ships but niggers and kikes are holding us back.

Attached: 8ba.jpg (165x115, 4.85K)

Either you're talking about the efficiency of organics, or vacuum technology.

In regards to organics, wikipedia states 5.4% net leaf efficiency. That's far lower than midrange photo voltaics; however, organics self heal, self replicate, and the hydrocarbons they produce are more efficient for energy storage than batteries.
Organics can also be used to process bio hazardous waste and produce feedstock for other chemical processes.
Just look at hyperaccumulators:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperaccumulators_table_–_3
These plants could be bred to further enhance their accumulation, and engineered to target rare earth minerals.
Look at what e. coli can do:
phys.org/news/2016-03-coli-pharmaceutical-factory.html
sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/03/120326112504.htm
Look at what gene editing can do to crops:
igb.illinois.edu/article/scientists-engineer-shortcut-photosynthetic-glitch-boost-crop-growth-40
newsarticleinsiders.com/genetic-engineering-researchers-increase-the-yield-of-rice-plants-significantly

In regards to vacuum technology: quantum mechanics is just a rebrand of old ideas that fell under the umbrella of zero-point energy, vacuum energy, or aether.

Sounds like the stories of mercury vortex space ships.

I have a good idea, my bachelor's is in sylviculture&enviromental-resources-management and my thesis was on systematic botany and biogeography.

I am just very skeptical about the zero point energy quantum manipulation part, that sounds exactly like something directly dragged from Dragonball Xenoverse's canon.

If you want to believe in free energy that much, then at least focus your attention towards something more tangible, like geomagnetism and Birkeland currents:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birkeland_current

So that's why it's called jewpiter…

Attached: s-l300 (2).jpg (240x300, 7.63K)

You goddamn wallaby fucker.
There is no way, not even hypothetically, that black powder would ever make a return.
That is like proposing we were to forget the Haber-Bosch process. You are so goddamn retarded, I'm pretty sure this is an elaborate attempt at trolling.
2/10 made me reply

Attached: 0 INT.png (303x311, 179.41K)

You have every right to be, as none of it is proven in the public sphere.
And that's why it's the only known revolutionary energy source.

It is surmised that our intelligence is the result of the formation of microtubules in our neurons.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3979999/
sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/01/140116085105.htm
It is also surmised that birds can migrate because of cellular quantum structures
physicscentral.com/explore/action/pia-entanglement.cfm
Going back to chlorophyll, it also supposedly interacts with the quantum plane
arstechnica.com/science/2011/12/more-evidence-found-for-quantum-physics-in-photosynthesis/

It's downright foolish to think that the aether cannot be harnessed for energy.

LIQUID
FLOURIDE
THORIUM
REACTORS
!!!!!!!

I forgot about PEAR.
If you can control probability, then you can miniaturize probability based energy sources like nuclear.
I would classify this as aether tech, as it alters the fabric of reality.

Attached: PEAR - Princeton University Effects of Human interaction on random events.webm (504x336, 7.68M)

Attached: This thread in a nutshell.png (678x556, 187.56K)

Attached: lord_deliver_me_from_this_cuckoldry.jpg (501x368, 35.1K)

Just reported you to the police

only the germans would think of something so stupid

this tbh

SYNTHETIC FUELS WILL TAKE OVER ONCE WE RUN OUT OF ECONOMICAL SOURCES OF FOSSIL FUELS

For now, fossil fuels remain much cheaper to produce than fuel from veggie oil or grain alcohol.
Once that changes, and synth diesel or alcohol becomes cheaper than gas, the world will switch over to the new fuel. Electricity will most likely move to nuclear of some variety, supplemented by hydro and solar power.

Its not even hard to convert a gas engine to run on purely alcohol, just change injectors/carburetors. Synth gas is really difficult to produce but synth diesel(and jet fuel) is relatively easy. Germany was producing synthetic fuel during WWII because they couldn't secure enough.

combustible fuels will, for the foreseeable future, be how we power all our vehicles except nuclear ships. Even the power for electric cars comes, 70% of the time, from fossil fuels.

It burns hotter, and turns to acid if it slow oxidizes.
It's a major fuel source already in the US e85, but it doesn't have the energy density or cost savings.
Future fuels are definitely going to be some form of synthesized or grown petroleum product.

Doesn't biodiesel reduce engine life though?

Retard.

It can eat old rubber based sealant formulations.
Other than that it's perfectly fine as long as it's filtered properly.

read this shit:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algae_fuel

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES