Cute DeviantArt Quest Thread

ITT we go to DeviantArt and find cute Christian artworks done by teens and amateurs, and post them here.

This isn't a cringe thread.
No sonic st*ff.

Attached: the_catholic_church_by_aodhagain-d57glrs.jpg (900x1262, 473.63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

parastos.deviantart.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

STOP DEPICTING THE FATHER

This Orthodox artist is trying to illustrate the entire Bible in the style of icons. I like his art, despite not being too privy on icons being a Calvinist.

parastos.deviantart.com/

Attached: exodus_10_12_13_by_parastos-dbxtdly.jpg (1024x954, 611.47K)

Theophilia is great.

Tell that to Ezekiel.

Attached: the_apocalypse_triptych_by_theophilia-dbzdpb6.jpg (1280x851, 642.41K)

Why, are you suggesting that part of the Trinity is elevated and separate from the other parts? If we have the ability to portray 2/3 of the Trinity in art, why not the other 1/3?

I didn't realize that Ezekiel was an iconographer and that John of Damascus' theology of icons, the basis of most peoples theology in regards to icons, is completely bongoed

The word became incarnate and is therefore able to be depicted. The Holy Spirit appeared in multiple sense and is able to be depicted in them (tongues of fire, dove, etc.) but did not become incarnate so we should be slightly more reserved with out use of these for depicting the Spirit, the Father is not able to be depicted and that is just standard theology, not really debated by people who want to be serious about historic beliefs in regards to iconography

>>>/islam/

READ THE CHURCH FATHERS

Didn't stop Michelangelo, and he was Catholic.

Since when have Scripture and Patristics stopped Catholics from doing anything

There are Orthodox icons in my church depicting father as well with triangle hallow.
Curb your autism

Those aren't 100% fine as you think them to be.
Anyways I doubt you'd listen to a user in a Imageboard so I'll instead recommend you ask your priest about it.

Attached: 224fcf5314d3cde3dd2fc617bd607c50.jpg (600x600, 62.93K)

So when God became Flesh, did He break His own commandments?
This also means that we cannot draw nor sculpt anything.

Well, the closest thing the Holy Spirit seems to have taken as a "corporeal form" is a dove.
Even then, it's far easier to draw a painting with a bearded, elderly man and a young man with curly brown locks than a small bird.

Welp, probably should have read the post that post was replying to.

I found this one just by searching Jesus.

Attached: jesus_by_adryan.jpg (600x712, 103.45K)

He did see Father (or rather representation of him) though.
3 And the glory of the God of Israel was gone up from the cherub, whereupon he was, to the threshold of the house. And he called to the man clothed with linen (Christ), which had the writer's inkhorn by his side;
4 And the Lord (Father) said unto him (Christ), Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark (Tau/Tav Cross) upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
Never said that. But I do say that in this one regard Damascene was wrong. For who seen Christ seen Father, for hypostatic union is insoluble, for there is no human person of Christ, only divine one.
Plus Seventh and Eight councils are silent on matter

Ill give you a free pass as your apostolic preist never told you to actually read the Bible. Here is the reason why God commands you to not make graven images of Him: because down the road (generations down the road) some one will get confused and think that those images of the Father are God and they will eventually bow to them andworship them.

Thats how idolatry starts. It starts off as innocent "veneration" but eventually people will get confused and worship the idols as actual God. If you want to disregard God’s rules, by all means, go for it, but dont lie to others and tell them that it is okay.

Attached: download (8).jpg (260x194, 11.99K)

Heresy

by that logic Christians shouldn't pray lest prayer become incantations and summonings

Show me where in the OT that says you can make graven images of God "the proper way". Ill wait

No, he said person, not nature. There are no separate God-Jesus and Human-Jesus persons, just one Jesus. The former is known as Nestorianism

Arc of the Covenant. That itself was an icon and was covered in icons.

Philip, he that seeth me seeth the Father also.

They should be destroyed just like we destroyed the icons of the bizarre Russians that went to far, although we should be respectful in their destruction as they usually depict more than just the undepictable person of the Father

Read on the divine images

And he went home and drew a picture of what he saw?

What matter is that he did saw this. Ergo, it was possible to see representation of Father.

-_-

I think by not depicting the Father in our art we are simply showing reverence. He's beyond human comprehension. He does not have a corporeal form. It just *feels* wrong to like, assign Him one.

Pic related is a cute comic that I liked by RaddyBaddy.

Attached: sketch1523934349940_by_radddybaddy-dccniot.png (800x1280, 567.02K)