Bought My First Gun

Ruger, LCP II. How did I do? Is this a good starter pistol? My friend already told me it's a lady gun, so fuck if I know. I don't know anything about guns, lol. I'm just waiting on everything to clear so I can bring it home.

Attached: ruger lcp II.jpg (410x410, 23.56K)

You made a thread for a question that doesn't deserve its own thread. Go to

You're a fucking idiot regardless of what your purchase was.

KINDA SUCKS IMO.

NOT A NICE GUN TO SHOOT, SO UNLIKELY YOU WILL WANT TO PRACTICE, AND 380 COSTS MORE THAN 9MM.

BUT GOOD ccw NO DOUBT, AND THE GUN YOU HAVE HANDY BEATS THE ONE YOU LEFT AT HOME.

LIKE I SAID, NOT A GOOD 'STARTER' BUT DON'T FRET.

LEGACY PUMA 22LR 4.63" REVOLVER WOOD GRIPS ABOUT $170 AND NOT CHEAP, QUITE NICE. YOU CAN PLAY WITH WHEN WATCHING COWBOY MOVIES. SAME SIZE AND WEIGHT, OPERATION AS COLT ARMY.

Congratulations on being a gun owner now.
Also you're a faggot as per
Like you, your friend is also a faggot, so tell him we think you're a perfect couple.

The first thing you should do is learn the 4 rules of gun safety, and burn them into your heart. If you don't feel paranoid about maintaining them at all times you are in possession of a firearm, then you are doing it wrong.
The second thing you should do is lurk moar, because you sound like a redditor and your shit's all retarded.
To answer your question, it's a perfectly fine conceal carry pistol, I have one myself. It will not be pleasant to shoot, though an extended 7 round magazine helps with this. This gun is designed to be small, not fun.

Use whatever cheap cheap ball ammunition you find for practice. A good self defense round is Hornady Critical Defense, which is too expensive to shot a lot of, but you should practice with this as well to confirm it cycles and to know how it feels.

Attached: GUYS SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH THE NEW LOWER I BOUGHT, IT DOESNT FIT ANY OFMY MAGAZINES OR THE UPPER I BOUGHT WITH IT AT THE GUNSHOW.jpg (768x1024, 104.96K)

CARRY ON BROTHER…AUTOLOADERS ARE FOR MEN WITH…. INADEQUETE "FIREPOWER" DOWN THERE…. IF YOU YOU WHAT IM SAYING…. LOL

LEARN TO GREENTEXT…. GET SOME SENSE

Why don't you load it, put it in your mouth and pull the trigger to find out.

I see the prime shitposting potential of this thread and i'm eager to find out where it goes.

Attached: 1509980843522.jpg (640x640, 42.31K)

You fucked up.

Attached: Luger_Rifle.jpg (800x243 204.56 KB, 31.37K)

it's cheap and it works. Otherwise, it sucks.
you sound pretty dumb too.

Your friend is retarded it’s literally the best selling 380 pistol for a reason

Being the best selling pistol doesn't make it the best quality. Ruger is in full reputation-mining mode right now, so their QC is nearly non-existent. Hard to fuck up an LCP though, so I guess that shouldn't be an issue for him. Anyways, the LCP2 is the best selling because it's the best sub-$300 380 pocket pistol on the market, but it's not as good a pistol as the Sig p238. That's the 380 pistol of champions. Better trigger, sights, recoil impulse, etc.

LCP’s have a great reputation as far as a pocket pistol. If You’re going to buy a pistol for your first gun it wouldn’t be my first suggestion because I would recommend something full size in 9 mm but the 380 LCP is a fucking great gun for what it is. OP didn’t waste his money and his friend is retarded. Not everything needs to be a high-performance Gucci gun Especially for a first time owner.

Jesus fuckin' Christ you're on the defensive… I didn't say the LCP was bad or that OP's friend wasted money. I even said it was the best sub $300 380 pocket pistol on the market. Don't get your panties in a twist.

I bought a C308 Sporter, I've heard that the original bunch were hot garbage but the new(ish) batch that had the receivers done by PTR are pretty good. I know that faggot (((Military Arms Channel))) called them garbage while simultaneously shilling the Zenith $2,000 clone because it was made with H&K® tools.

Attached: image0.png (591x472, 164.56K)

Shut your faggot mouth you faggot faggot faggot dick butt faggot munching on balls 69ing with other dudes that’s what you do, 69 with men, you like inhaling nut stench of elderly men. Also you’re probably a furry

Attached: superiority lion21.jpg (213x185, 33.85K)

TGFO

Top fuckin kek m8, enjoy those guilt boners around the family dog.

Attached: 0C991929-B3A5-4298-AE4D-C1D5829F3CDA.gif (630x385, 3.37M)

kekked

Yeah, it's good, if you need to REALLY motivate the runners.

sorry but Century Arms really is dogshit. Go PTR.

Checks out. That isn't bad advice whatsoever. It's a million times better to shoot tons of cheap ammo to get practice and break in a gun than it is to only shoot a gun a few dozen to maybe 100 times because of exclusively using high quality defensive ammo. Break in a gun with tons of the cheap stuff (because if it can't run cheap stuff it's probably a junk gun anyways), and after it's broken in run a few mags of the defensive ammo of your choice to make sure your gun likes it. After that, practice with the cheap stuff and carry the good stuff.

Only problems I've had with my PTR were due to magazines. PTR is the way to go even if you have to modify the stanag claw mounts a bit to get them to fit.

ebin advice

PS-WHAT YOU REALLY NEED NOW IS A MOSSBERG 500 COMBO, WITH BOTH 28" AND SECURITY SHORT BARREL.

MANY RANGES WONT ALLOW SHORT SHOTGUNS.

REM 870 used TO BE NICER IMO BUT REM WENT TO SHIT AFTER JEWS BOUGHT IT, ASK ANYONE BUT LEAVE OUT THE "JEWS" BIT SINCE MOST GUN SHOP BOOMERS ARE CUCKS.

MOSS 500 IS BASICALLY SAME AS US ARMY USES, NUFF SAID.

Assuming a limited budget, it's more beneficial to develop good shooting technique and shoot more often than it is worry about what is very likely a negligible point of impact shift and have less practice as a result.

It might not even matter in the case of OP. A lot of .380 JHP fails to reach expansion threshold, so many opt to carry FMJ instead.

These are all fantastic things to wonder about before you buy a gun.

is this secretly an ARFcom larp thread?

I don't know how much of a mistake that first reply was user. It very well could have been a boomer who found 8ch through one of the recent media reportings. Prob the next DNC mailbomber.

Two of them are. The advice on the mossberg is too correct for an arfcom larp.

WELL OF COURSE YOUR REMMY SUCKS SO DOES YOUR MOSSBERG. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR AND BY GOD DO I TRUST MY LIFE TO A REMINGTON 870 MODIFIED INTO A WILSON COMBAT BORDER PATROL ONLY $1,135. JUST WISH THE NAME WASN'T SO INFLAMMATORY AND OFFENSIVE. ONLY GUNS COSTING NORTH 1K FOR ME OTHERWISE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT QUALITY YOU'LL GET. WHO KNOWS WHAT CHINESE PARTS THE CHEAPER GUYS USE. HELL I'D BET IT'S ALL CHINESE MADE.

SENT FROM MY MOTOROLLA D1K A55 USING TAPTALK

WHAT KIND OF UNPATRIOTIC ASSHOLE ISN'T 110% BEHIND ISRAEL, I'D BEAT THE FAGGOT OUT OF YOU IF I CAUGHT YOU IN MY CORPS BACK IN THE DAY. THANK GOD TRUMP HAS OUR ALLY'S BACK UNLIKE YOU ANTI SEMITRUCKS.

==============================
PROUD USMC VET
PROUDLY Served 12 weeks at Parris Island
OOHRAH
==============================

You did alright OP. While I'd recommend something like a good, used Ruger Mark III for a first handgun (assuming you can afford to buy a handgun in a real self defense caliber after building up your skills for a month), the LCP II is the #1 selling gun (as in, all guns, not just handguns) in the world for a reason. It's the best handgun in a relatively new form factor (Derringer-sized pocket pistols that are actually useful) and cheap to boot.

I also don't get why everyone says they aren't fun to shoot. Sure, they will beat up your hand if you put 100 defensive hot loads through it per range trip but find it to be perfectly comfy even after shooting 100+ range loads (like PMC Bronze) through it in a single trip. It's small and light so it's very easy to control if you have large, strong hands as long as you aren't shooting loads that push the very limits of the SAAMi spec.

380 is at a point where even the best hollow points have a terrible tendency to underpenetrate when they DO expand, meaning you are better off with non expanding bullets in the first place. If your hollow points under penetrate always choose solids, ALWAYS CHOOSE SOLIDS. Hollow points have the POTENTIAL to be superior in CERTAIN cartridges and loads, they are also have the potential to be vastly inferior when they under penetrate. Minimum penetration is ALWAYS more important than any expansion.

Light 38 Special bullets and 380 ACP in general should not be hollow points, they simply lack the dynamics to both penetrate and expand. Its why advice of wacutters and semi wadcutters still exist, for some carrying low power cartridges and loads they are the best choice available. Some 9mm Luger rounds on the market are shitty designs that will under penetrate, so be careful and choosy what you buy, and stick to mid to heavy for cartridge bullets, ie. 124-147 grains.

As for the other argument about never shooting and training with ammunition except what you will use/carry, I will side on the "train with cheap ammunition" side. If you can find a standard round, or reload a cheap standard round, that is close to what you will use for self defense/combat, it offers more shooting which will lead to more practice which will lead to better proficiency. I advise shooting as much of your combat/self defense ammunition as possible, as much as you comfortably can afford, but at some point a closely matching ball or solid lead bullet round is the way to get in maximum practice.

Greeky is right in his theory, but bad in his practice. I carry a 357 magnum full frame revolver, carry hot loads for it. Yet I practice with cheap 38 handloads to save super amounts of money to keep shooting. I admit its not ideal practice, but I still do it, and I should be, and YOU should be, handloading to performance of your killing loads as much as possible, but its hard to not put thousands of round through the gun and get gud.

The last caveat is what round you shoot and what gun. Luckily for me, full power 357 Magnum rounds are like "put put" loads in my S&W 27 with a 6.5 inch barrel, so weak 38 loads aren't THAT bad, because both are easily managed in such a large, heavy revolver. If you carry a lightweight short barrel 357 magnum the difference is much, muhc, much, much greater and 38 loads aren't that great a practice if you carry hotloads. If you carry a lightweight anything, 9mm Luger, 38 Special, 40, 45 ACP, ect., using low power practice ammunition will be far less useful to you because it will set you up for failure, you will get suckered in by light loads and not be prepared for full house rounds. If you go big boi full size, heavy weight handgun that dominates full power rounds easily, the practice of cheap lighter loads is more useufl.