Denomination vs devoutness

Which is more important denomination or devoutness?
For Catholics, who do you think is more likely to be saved? devout baptists/orthodox/prots or cultural/not devout Catholics. Same question to all the other denominations but vice versa.
Not trying to start a denomination war just genuinely curious to see your thoughts.

Attached: christian321.jpg (750x643, 52.98K)

"Justified by faith."
Now, defining faith is tricky. But in my personal opinion, protestants can be justified, just as Jews and Muslims can be judged righteously.
I just think it's harder without tradition and writings.

So long as a person has an enduring, and life changing faith in the true Jesus Christ as being sufficient for them, they will be saved.

Attached: Baptist.png (16x11, 494)

In other words its not so much about exterior appearance of piety, but a true inner love for the Savior.

What will save you? Your denomination? Saint Paul? Maria? Lutero? Pope?
Not at all. None of them. Your faith in Jesus Christ will save you, Jesus Christ will save you.
Will be safe who put their faith in Christ and to fallow his commands, regardless denomination.

Just a nice reminder that heresies (e.g. sola fide) will send to hell :-)

Attached: 1524067907269.png (807x198, 100.08K)

Sound about right.

Invincible ignorance (i.e. guiltlessly not knowing you are doing wrong) is a very special case. The Protestant of your example would be saved, assuming either that he has no "mortal" (i.e. Hell-worthy) sins on his soul or that he repented of them out of love of God.

Willful, or stemming from negligence, or from lazyness, heresy is another matter.

Ok. You came here and said that bullshit. Now, can you prove it?

So what are you gonna do about Acts 17:20?

James 2:24 :^)

Baptist here: denomination

John 5:24 ;)

how come stevie doesn't have any crosses up?

THAT'S IDOLATRY!

jk

Attached: 57C614FB-1EC6-470B-AF1E-077E9013E388.jpeg (413x269, 36.69K)

Well, and how it proves that sola fide is wrong?
Lemme explain to you:
(image)

You cannot reserve a verse and put all your fundamentations in it, even worse, when you don't provide the context.

Attached: aaaa.png (1923x1080, 222.85K)

Sola Fide is silly because it assumes that nearly nothing interacts with Faith.
I mean c'mon look at this:
2 Peter 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

You don't know what Sola Fide means.

>What's what, those things mentioned can interact with faith? That's not important. My theology still stands.

That's not Sola Fide. Sola Fide says the only condition of justification is faith.
Of course you need to become holy in body, and character in order to get to heaven, which all Christians need to work on. We just recognize that those two things will be ultimately completed by the work of God the Holy Spirit in us at the last day.

You shoukd do more than just believe but to get saved you only need to believe

You don't uderstand yet.
We say sola fide because all these things came through the faith. The faith is the door. You can't pratice virtue without have faith before, you can't do good works without before the faith.

''8But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.''
Romans 10.

That's works. Not sola fide.

No its the promise of God.
(4)"For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.
(5) The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity."

"Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God."

(25) "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
(26) That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
(27) That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish."

Now are you saying you're saved just by belief but works will for sure follow? What about someone that just got saved but hasn't done any works? And took me aboit a year befire a converted someone(wish I would have sooner though of course)

I believe we've passed this part.
Here, what do you make of this post?

What's the point of saying that I do not understand Sola Fide when I used the most common form of Sola Fide? You're arguing with someone that believes what I said now, too.
I could understand if you instead argued with "that's not the sola fide I use" there.

I'm saying that faith, works, resurrection, and glorification are all the necessary results of the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit.

I'm using Sola Fide in the historic protestant sense.

Devoutness and faith in Protestantism and possibly in Orthodoxy.

Devoutness and faith exclusively in the Roman Catholic Church for Catholics

If you are my Brother or sister in Christ, then why should I care about the peculiarities of their personal life and prayer assuming they are reasonably and properly Christian?

Unfortunately, many of those do not afford me, or others, the same. To some the manner in which ones prays to God is a club, and any not member or submissive to their views is hellbound.

Attached: FB_IMG_1527961794788.jpg (720x692, 35.9K)

I have no reasonable hope for the salvation of either, honestly.

devout prots have access only to extra-ordinary means of salvation, and therefore are rarely saved, an in most conditions where they would be saved would simply become catholic. So it's rare and unlikely they are saved.

Devout orthodox have valid sacraments, but if they're devout about their orthodoxy specifically, then they're proud schismatics who are living in mortal sin.

Non-devout catholics have access to ordinary means of grace, but don't actually cooperate with grace and thus often live in a state of mortal sin or else presumption. That's definitely not good…

St Augustine says this:

No man can find salvation except in the Catholic Church. Outside the Catholic Church one can have everything except salvation. One can have honor, one can have sacraments, one can sing alleluia, one can answer amen, one can have faith in the Name of the Father and the Son and of the Holy Ghost, and preach it too, but never can one find salvation except in the Catholic Church.

there go the prots and schismatics.