So people suffer and god is omnipotent. I am curious why god chooses to be evil...

So people suffer and god is omnipotent. I am curious why god chooses to be evil,the other anons thread was deleted for what i will assume was not a good reason. I think this needs to be explored, if you truly have faith you will be patient enough to answer.

anyone?

Attached: pepeblow.png (1615x1101, 6.8M)

I agree with the idea that his thread didn't have a valid reason to be deleted when it was a legitimate moral quandary. We're not Muslims and we're open to discussion.

I have the idea of an ambivalent God, that allows suffering and non-suffering, some of that suffering caused by us due to our and corrupt nature and some by mere fate. However, due to the atonement, God has revealed His nature as more benevolent than ambivalent (in my opinion) due to what awaits for believers in Heaven, infinite bliss.

still is just

seems like

Justify your claim that people don't deserve to suffer.

i dont like hearing about children being raped.

there.

justified.

Now justify why your feelings are a yardstick to judge anything by. I get that you think they're important, but come on.

no, ill ask you to reverse justify child rape as necessary.

getting off topic.

why is god evil?

he must like that, he must be evil. otherwise they would not suffer. otherwise heaven as a place for "non-suffering" wouldnt exist as an ideal to reach.

Yep, that's our most popular argument summed up.

Temporary 'evilness' and temporarily non-suffering as well as happiness until cake and ice cream time due to his ambivalent nature.

It is what it is.

Without child rape, you would not have existed.

addendum, all we know is what we see.

we havent seen heaven, all weve seen is suffering.

maybe hes lying and its all part of the evilness.

dude what, please.

Either good or evil is a false dichotomy. I insist, he's ambivalent or else everyone in this planet would be in eternal torment and maximum suffering right now

sounds evil. not sure if the cake is a lie either. suffering is fact.

i dont think there is anymore more black and white than good and evil..

And non-suffering and happiness

Then, why would you imply a God in the first place

not implying a god, just pointing out the non-logic of the bible and Christianity

Non-suffering and happiness is also a fact.

A person can't be purely evil or purely good. Hegelian dialectic. This can also be applied to God.

ok but why does god intentionally hurt people? does he enjoy it? part of his plan? plan for what? sadness?

Except he's not fully benevolent or malevolent.

Isaiah 45:7

Why should a child suffer? What glory to God does that bring?

ok, so we should fear him because we are his playtoys and never know when he will hurt us. sounds evil

It's not. Sin and sinners aren't necessary. It's a fruit of God's mercy and love that fallen humanity is offered a chance back into immortality through Christ. By all justice of course probably all of us get tossed in the lake of fire outside the gates of New Jerusalem with all the other trash.

why

So if God is capable of both good and evil, then why should we worship him?

Sometimes it's due to our own corrupted nature which might as well be well deserved by the person due to sin, sometimes due to bad luck.

ok but why does god intentionally cause non-suffering or happiness. does he enjoy it? part of his plan? plan for what? individual or collective prosperity.

Believe in Christ's atonement and realize that all of it is temporary because we can reach eternal bliss due to belief.

He is what He is. Not completely good, not completely evil. Take it or leave it.

In Islam, the 99 Names of Allah involve names of Love and names that imply Destruction. In Hinduism, and in traditions like Advaita Vedanta and Kashmir Hinduism Shiva is both the Creator and the Destroyer.

It's the duality of life.

Because at least we can be certain of eternal bliss by believing in Him.

once again, does he hurt us because he is evil?

hes omnipotent. this must be the reason, hes evil and wants suffering.

rest is literally irreverent

irrelevant* thanks google

>[gnosticism intensifies]

God is not evil, unless your god is satan.

Attached: Things God CANNOT Do • Lie • Tempt Us to Sin God cannot be.jpg (960x720, 157.14K)

Please pay attention, I just said it's because God does not owe humanity relief from suffering.

Irrelevant, you mean.

He's ambivalent and omnipotent, and we don't know the cause for Him hurting us or causing joy in us. He is who He is. Like I said, not good or evil.

We can be sure of eternal happiness though.

ok, well if he is so incompetent that he didnt think this through and children are killed and raped as a result of his shitty experiment, why worship the dumbo

yes, as i corrected the typo in the post below, clearly you arent reading

I wrote the post before

Eternal happiness in Heaven

And is that eternal belief worth it, for all the suffering that it takes? To plagiarize from Dostoevsky, are all the glories of heaven worth the sufferings of even a single tiny child, who must experience in a sense her own hell? If suffering of the innocent is required, then I must respectfully return the ticket, because I would rather burn in Hell for the rejection of such an evil, than to enjoy all of Heaven on the corpse of innocence.

dont be so quick to judge everyone

WHY

I've always wondered this myself.
If God is truly all knowing and infallible, then the serpent in the Garden of Eden was there deliberately. It was deliberately made to be evil. He created the Tree of Knowledge, and placed Adam and Eve in its midst, having already decided their punishment should they eat from it. THEN he deliberately engineered a situation for them to be tempted into unknowingly partaking in what would be his root reason for subjecting them to suffering.

Either you believe that he made a mistake, and that they truly weren't meant to eat from the Tree of Knowledge, or that he deliberately led mankind blindly into suffering of his design through temptation which he himself engineered.

Also, if everything that happens happens according to his plan and his will, and his plan is ultimately good, then there IS no evil in the world. Child rape is in his plan, and the act cannot be inherently evil, because his plan is ultimately good. THAT'S why he forgives us if we "sin". Because our misdeeds and transgressions against creation were necessary to his plan, and we need only be remorseful for our being the instrument of the more 'suffering-inducing' aspects of his design.

everything bad thats ever happened was co-signed by god if hes omnipotent.

severe mental gymnastics justifying child rape as gods glory

^

Read the contents of the post instead of the irrelevant "irrelevant" thing.

For me, it is. And I've suffered horrible things like a neurological problem that left me in agony for about four years that's now controlled, thankfully.

Ambivalent and omnipotent.