Sex robots could improve marriages

Sex robots could one day help failing marriages.

According to an economics professor at the University of British Columbia, the futuristic droids could improve marriages by making husbands and wives focus more on love and parenting, instead of sexual compatibility.

In a book called 'Robot Sex: Social and Ethical Implications,' professor Marina Adshade claims the advent of sex robots will change our societal norms around marriage, particularly when it comes to monogamy.

Adshade refers to this phenomenon as 'sex-bot induced social change' and compares it to the societal impacts of birth control when it was first commercialized.

'I predict their availability will give couples greater opportunity to define their own types of marriages,' Adshade explained.

'One example might be that more couples could choose "companionship marriages" that do not involve sex, but focus solely on the creation of a family.'

When early stage birth control was first introduced in the 1900s, experts at the time believed that it would lead to the dissolution of marriage, as men would be able to find sex elsewhere other than their wives.

By contrast, couples continued to marry, while attitudes around women's sexual behaviors and interests evolved.

'The practice of contraception led husbands and wives to the conviction that they need not be in the least ashamed of their desires for each other,' Social commentator Walter Lippmann said at the time, according to Slate.

Women were no longer assumed to be passive participants in sex with their partner; instead, they were allowed to admit they enjoyed intimacy with their husband.

Increasing contraceptive use also coincided with the rise of female economic independence. Again, many predicted this would result in fewer marriages.

However, a Pew Research study in 2012 found that 81 percent of 45-year-old men and 86 percent of 45-year-old women had been married at some point in their lifetime - meaning that marriage was still going strong.

Similarly, some believe that the rise of sexbots is likely to result in young adults choosing to remain single, due to their sexual needs being met by robots.

Adshade believes both single and married people will embrace sex robots, but that it will result in 'higher quality' marriages overall.

'I don't see sex robots as substitutes for human companionship but rather as complements to human companionship,' Adshade explained.
archive.fo/coxdw

Attached: 4F17C05800000578-0-image-a-25_1534275004694.jpg (634x409, 61.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_abuse_of_psychiatry_in_the_Soviet_Union
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

People were pretty smart back in the day.

Schools actually taught people something back then.

Marriage simply won't be attractive for men. Why do these 'social scientists' think men marry in the first place? Once upon a time there might have been an illusion of love in addition to family and sex, but knowing what we know now about human sexuality I doubt that's much of a factor.

I wish I was born in 1800 :( feels bad man

Which sane man would pay for a sexbot, kids, and a wife but not have sex with her–nonetheless, an incremental improvement in the right direction. The end goal is to make bio-cunts obsolete.

thumnail looks like a mantrain of ladyboys

Shit is thick. It takes a while to trickle down from the pipes onto your head, but you'll definitely notice it when it does.

When it does and you're too late and covered in shit*

HOT

they didn't put flouride in our water or lace xenoestrogen into our containers

While this is probably true to some extent, I think the failure of marriage as an institution is mainly because of women's liberation movements. Women are taught that "they don't need no man." And with child support, that's more or less true. But it's resulting in countless emotionally stunted children coming into society now.

Giving women the right to vote was a mistake.

or lead in our filters …oh wait

Murder people making sex robots.

Murder them like you're stopping AIDs or the next Holocaust.

I'd be sad about the state of things, but I've long since gained the enlightenment of 2D. The most I can do is sympathize.

You'd probably die as an infant.

A good quality and properly warmed onahole feels 10x better than roastie pussy, bitch.

Which were mainly because of birth control. Birth control gave the illusion that women could copulate with whomever they wanted whenever they wanted with a lack of consequences. It also helped normalize childless marriages, giving the impression that marriage was a useless institution.

pig intestine derived condoms have existed for long as syphilis has spread into Europe. OP is shilling a book thats factually incorrect.

Marriages would be immensely helped if people realized the superiority of traditional gender roles.

Attached: traditional-gender-roles.jpg (330x327, 22.93K)

EVER
Nothing wrong with commitments or agreed upon parameters and rules in relationships, but marriage is inviting a third party into your relationship that is 'in charge' of all the rules. It used to be family rules, tribal rules, church rules, now court rules.
Just how cucked do you want to be?
Who you want to be in charge of making and / or enforcing the rules in your relationships? Courts? Why marry? Why not a handfasting if you need a public display of your commitments? Need legal enforcements of your agreements you have committed to in any relationship? There are such things as smart contracts on the blockchain, nowadays, you know. Get hip to decentralization in every aspect of your lives. No need for central control. No need for anyone else to tell you what you can and can't do regarding your already agreed upon parameters within a relationship. Stop looking around for someone else to tell you what is 'normal' and 'right' or 'wrong'. In other words, grow up.
In my personal opinion grown-ups prefer 'real' human-to-human bodily contact when it comes to total intimacy within relationships; but who am I to judge what you prefer? Intimacy itself may not be your cup of tea.
Enjoy! Just leave controlling counterparties out of it. Encourage freedom for everyone – yourself and your partners included.

Wages are too low for a single adult worker household to support a family like that. It's just impossible nowadays. Unless the father in that image is in upper management or something.

I agree with the your point (that outside management of an interpersonal relationship is almost always counterproductive, pointless and cancerous), but I don't think a sex doll is that tbh

I fucking hate Marxists.

No; but marriage is.

she needs DEEP HEAVY 24HOUR MAINTENANCE you have to constantly FIDDLE WITH HER INTERNALS

Attached: 2b 3.jpg (620x877, 63.49K)

you need to watch out for dust BUILDING UP IN TIGHT CREVICES

Attached: 2b 5.jpg (3840x2160, 1.01M)

I'd bust a nut on some robot bitches face…no problem there.

Of course they will improve marriages, because when women realize at any moment they can be replaced by a robot with an artificial wrong, they might get their shit together

take your meds

Attached: 565fe8ab6b51707b54448b2477c1cb57f8881e132b1a141565345d732313b8e5.gif (773x512, 39.51K)

He probably is referring specifically to the pill dumbfuck.

Women are getting less happy by the decade. They were much happier when they were so called "oppressed" by the patriarchy. The cat is out of the bag ladies–some men don't ever want to go back to pulling the family cart.
"Since marriage constitutes slavery for women, it is clear that the women’s movement must concentrate on attacking this institution. Freedom for women cannot be won without the abolition of marriage." –Sheila Cronin, the leader of the feminist organization NOW
You got it wrong lady; all this feminism made men see their enslavement–except for the tradcucks who would prefer to be blind.

Isn't ironic women workers are employed to make some of these sex dolls/robots?

you're talking out of your asshole, m8. smart contracts on the blockchain aren't legally binding because they don't have to be. the point of a smart control is that it's enforced in a trustless environment, exactly the opposite of what you're talking about.
give me one example of a smart contract being used as a legal protection for anyone entering into a quasi-marriage arrangement.

don't ruin his Zig Forums fantasy

Have one of these to beat and slap around while the misses rubs off to it

Thank you. The way they pick and choose their data is disgusting.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_abuse_of_psychiatry_in_the_Soviet_Union

fuck off shrillcen

Attached: 84b.jpg (240x183, 8.29K)

Robo waifus will be the best. She won't get old, fat, cheat, give me STDs or divorce rape me while taking care of my house when I go to work, have my kids and even play multiplayer games with me. I just hope I'm still alive when robo waifus go mainstream.

TYRONE BTFO

Why do you think that happened? More available workers → lower wages for everyone → women have to work full time → child rearing left to schools and media. Gee, it's almost like it was all by design!

ok

Take less transgender meds, mutt. Marxists are for traditional marriage. Google USSR. Fagets went straight to mental ward. Being a whore was social and economic suicide unless you can hook up with celebs or something.
You probably think Trotskists.

You are right in one way. It is trustless and not about 'legality' per se; but, as an example, certain agreements can automatically be enacted if this that or the other is proved to have happened. This can be monetary or even related to legal paperwork signed ahead of time that suddenly goes to certain people or is automatically enacted legally if this that or another agreement is proven to be violated.
So, no, I am not talking out my asshole.
Of course all this requires good communication and well known agreements between the parties; which should be a part of any important committed relationship anyway.

yep and it all happened recently not with the offshoring that happened under Ronnie Ray-Gun :^)

That happened under Nafta, which was, ummm, I don't know, passed by Clinton?

Check your sources libtard and come back when you are coherent.

Sex robots could improve jew marriages

right, just like everybody else who posts a narrative that conflicts with yours
++good crimestop, Brother!