FOX: US Senate affirms the press is 'not the enemy'

"The Senate has unanimously approved a resolution affirming that "the press is not the enemy of the people."

The resolution Thursday offered by Democratic Sen. Brian Schatz, of Hawaii, drew on the words of Thomas Jefferson, James Madison and President Ronald Reagan, among others, to champion the role of the free press, which it said is "integral to the democratic foundations of the United States."

The resolution condemns attacks on the press "as an attack on our democratic institutions."

It noted that the First Amendment "protects the press from government control and suppression.""

foxbusiness.com/markets/the-latest-us-senate-affirms-the-press-is-not-the-enemy

Attached: original.jpg (750x650, 144.83K)

"Whereas the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States protects the press from government control and suppression;
Whereas the freedom of the press—

has been recognized as integral to the democratic foundations of the United States since the beginning of the United States; and< /li>
has endured and been reaffirmed repeatedly throughout the history of the United States;
[…]
Whereas tyrannical and authoritarian governments and leaders throughout history have sought to undermine, censor, suppress, and control the press to advance their undemocratic goals and actions; and

Whereas the United States, including its long-held commitment to and constitutional protection of the free press, has stood as a shining example of democracy, self-government, and freedom for the world to emulate: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved, that:

The Senate –

affirms that the press is not the enemy of the people;

reaffirms the vital and indispensable role the free press serves to inform the electorate, uncover the truth, act as a check on the inherent power of the government, further national discourse and debate, and otherwise advance our most basic and cherished democratic norms and freedoms; and

condemns attacks on the institution of the free press and views efforts to systematically undermine the credibility of the press as a whole as an attack on our democratic institutions.
It is the sense of the Senate that it is the sworn responsibility of all who serve the United States by taking the oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States to uphold, cherish, and protect the entire Constitution, including the freedom of the press."

good one

Welp, that about clears that Trumpian fake-news business, eh? Since the Senate says it, so it must be true!

Attached: fruity pebbles fucking plebs collage.jpg (600x810, 55.49K)

Technically this means nothing and nothing changes, but I think it's important to recognize that the house has refused to pass these types of resolutions.

Ultimately, when the proof starts to drop, enough of the Senate will likely cross the lines to impeach Trump. Those who aren't under indictment that is.

Will you kill yourself when he wins re-election in 2020? It's the only way we'll take you serious at this point. #JumpForTrump

Attached: 1367107775359.gif (315x177, 1.93M)

Best goy

Attached: 1526351713795 (1).jpg (1071x808, 483.39K)

If i told you once i told you a thousand times. trump will quit before he finishes his presidency.

So now you can't even criticize corrupt journalist without "attacking the first amendment"? Fucking backstabing, feckless traitors in the Républican party. This is how they intend to win votes? Fucking uniparty.

Go back to Zig Forums, retard.

wtf I'm now a Marxist that wants open borders
Please kill yourself.

Let's hear what they had to say about jews, blacks, and browns.

But Trump isn't trying to do any of that. He's just calling your corrupt pals out for the pieces of shit that they are.

That settles it guys, the lying press aren't even worthy as enemies. We'll have to think of a new, even lowlier designation for them to occupy.

Seriously, what ARE you going to do until 2024? Are you just going to let him get away with this another 6 years as part of your master plan?

You realize he's literally going to get impeached in November right? He has no allies anymore, even Omarosa, his long time ally and business partner has abandoned and humiliated him.

Yet you are talking about delusions here?

Anyone who's not a drooling retard already knows that the government doesn't give a shit about the people

Attached: dae.jpg (1280x720, 172.54K)

Freedom of the press includes the freedom to criticize the press. This is reaffirming first amendment rights, not curtailing them.

The press is the propaganda machine of the jews.

"There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it.

There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone.

The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press?

We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes." -John Swinton (1830-1901) to a journalists' gathering NYC, 12 April 1893

yawwwn yet more bs yawwwnn

Ok, rabbi.

Does that mean that you are going to jump if he doesn't get impeached in November?
Be sure to livestream a video.

"Enemies" implies that they can shoot back, so how about "target practice"?

quiet bong