Proselytize me Zig Forums

I'm an English socially conservative agnostic. I don't reject the potential of a higher power existing in some form and would like to connect to God if he exists.

Attached: pepe2.png (1080x1080, 1.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 1&version=DRA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=BNuYJw_T350
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wVZbqj-nqjE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=qFQ0gHy7PgQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=4q678BFNpqo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=cMu5F2icsT8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=7wTxZYlbg28
m.youtube.com/watch?v=HCqaVSQkFdQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=30AunYXtYDg
merechristianitystudyguide.blogspot.com/2008/12/c-s-lewiss-three-arguments-for-moral.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 1&version=DRA

Get reading my dude.

Attached: e400e533fedf122ed3edad4a5c4ace0582de51629acbefb7fe4731eeb639a908.png (640x640, 280.41K)

I've tried many times but it just doesn't captivate me user. I get bored, don't feel connected to it, and stop after a while

Depression is a bitch

Attached: ifonly.png (402x564, 309.41K)

user, God took on the flesh, suffered, died, and rose from the dead that you might live.
It is without question the greatest gift we could ever receive, and that should give you great joy.
And remember, God loves you. He wants the best of you.
As Our Father, He will surely not approve of our sins, but steer us in the right direction.
He loves you, user. It's time to love Him back.

You are spoiled user. You ask us to persuade you of something you admit you know nothing about. God reveals himself to mankind, and you are "bored" by the disciples who told you about it.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=BNuYJw_T350

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wVZbqj-nqjE

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qFQ0gHy7PgQ

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4q678BFNpqo

m.youtube.com/watch?v=cMu5F2icsT8

m.youtube.com/watch?v=7wTxZYlbg28

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HCqaVSQkFdQ

m.youtube.com/watch?v=30AunYXtYDg

It's a long way and these videos are a must. In short:
-videos
-read Bible
-take the redpill
-stay arpund us

You don't feel connected to it, because you don't believe. Deep down inside, you don't believe the Bible to be true. You think it's just a fancy fairy tale, even many so-called Christians don't really believe the Bible either. The Bible is real, all of it.

Now I want you to start thinking about death, what is life on the other side? These are important questions you need to ask yourself of where you'll spend for eternity.

I've seen this type of troll a lot. I sure hope it's not that brat that did a similar thing 2 weeks ago.

That's pretty much how I feel about it, even though I want to believe user. I want to believe it because I want to be able to cope with the inevitability of death, but something is stopping me from being able to. Currently, I just think after death comes nothing, it absolutely horrifies me to think that my existence and conscience is completely finite, but I don't know how to convince myself otherwise.

Then what's holding you back? Is there something beyond the depression you're in that's keeping you from learning the faith?

Partially peer pressure, but mostly the fact that I know I'd be faking it. I feel as if I'd be deluding myself and wouldn't truly hold faith.

If I could say, hand on heart, that I genuinely believed in God without lying to myself, I would 100%.

You need to not worry about how others see you.
Christ said "He who denies me in front of man, he I will deny in front of my heavenly Father."
We're not concerned about where you are now, we're concerned about getting you there.
Now, how much do you know about the faith, user?

You need to believe in God and Christ. It's the only way to live!!

Attached: 00000000.jpg (4256x2832, 4.2M)

I'm not a theologian, but I had the child's version of Christianity taught to me in school. It never really stuck though

What were you taught? Give me some specifics, user.

Some of the stories of the Old Testament (the life of Abraham, etc), and the general story of the New Testament from the nativity to the last supper and Christ's rebirth on Easter. All Anglican

Were you ever introduced to the Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed?

Nope. Is that Orthodox? Our school was Protestant.

The Creed was formulated long before the Great Schism but yes, it's Orthodox.
I can post the full text if you'd like, user. It's a nice, tidy summation of the faith.

I've just read it user, thanks for pointing me there. Where should I go next? And when should I start caring about denomination?

Firstly, get acquainted with scripture and the writings of the Church Fathers.
I would start with the Gospels (John or Mark would be good jumping off points), followed by the New Testament Epistles, then read scripture at your discretion.
For the Fathers, there are so many, here's just a few: Ignatius of Antioch, Justin Martyr, John Chrysostom, Ambrose of Milan, Cyprian of Carthage, Alexander of Alexandria, Athanasius of Alexandria, Basil the Great, Hilary of Poitiers, Jerome, and Augustine of Hippo.
Also, give the canons of the Seven Ecumenical Councils a read, these are the foundational councils that affirmed the faith as passed from the Apostles.
As for denomination begome Orthodox, we'll cross that bridge when you get to it, user. First, learn.

Ok you lazy Zig Forumslack I'll help a bit even though not your army and Matthew 7:6.

See pic related, on left is Christian morals, on right is modern secular crap. Question for yourself, how can Christianity be anything less than correct, if without it everything goes to shit?

Attached: Cosmopolitan.jpg (1748x1200, 788.99K)

You say you are socially conservative, but where do these social mores come from? Christianity offers you an answer: merechristianitystudyguide.blogspot.com/2008/12/c-s-lewiss-three-arguments-for-moral.html