What do you guys think of CRISPR?

What do you guys think of CRISPR?
It's basically genetic alteration by injections of viruses that impute foreign code in already existed DNA.

I really, seriously want my future children and I to be somewhat intelligent (I presently have very low IQ). If it's a sin, can I not just ask a priest/pastor (or whatever you call your congregational leaders) forgiveness after the procedure?

Attached: CRISPR_logo.png (2010x1711, 62.68K)

That's not up to us, that's not even up to your priest/pastor, this is between you and God.

Sounds like a good premise for a postapocalyptic horror movie.

That's transhumanist garbage and clearly satanic. Your body is a temple. Avoid.

So if you could help ensure your child is a healthy baby instead of born with a deformity, you should just let them suffer?

So if a temple has bad door, should we just ignore it until the door falls of its hinges allowing debris and thieves to fill the building?

God told humanity to subdue nature, so why stop?

John 9

James 1

1 Corinthians 1

You really think you know better than God? It would be better for your child if it were born foolish yet made it to heaven by the end of his life than be born "intelligent" and become a euphoria lord condemned to hell. For all you know your child might have been born a unique genius at some particular thing and you ruined it with your transhumanism crap. Name 1 passage in the bible where someone thinks they know better than God and it turns out well for them. Read Ecclesiastes.

If God does not wish for it to be, it would not be within our power. We have split the atom and reached a heavenly body. Giving your child a better chance at life is miniscule in comparison. You have no motivation or empathy, and instead wait for Him to do the work for you.

You may reap what you sew, but you must actually sew first.

And another thing, how does this not put you on the level of the JWs who prohibit blood transfusion, or Christian Science believers who merely attempt to pray their disease away? You use the same logic they do.

t. Serpent

My doctor can't even prescribe the right antibiotic and you want these people messing with your genes?

Good way to shut someone up, but it's not gonna work.

Those are two different cases and shouldn't be compared.

Transhumanism = satanic, and the precursors of it are here. The precursors being a tattoo agenda and a transgender acceptance agenda, which are here to normalize human alteration. The purpose is to ultimately lead us to give in accepting the the "miracles" of immortality in this flawed world. Be warned. You may be given the option of immortality in this lower Earthly realm by giving up your humanity. Reject it. Satan is clever, and it is possible, with the way things are progressing so quickly, that we'll see this happen in our lives. Do not accept the offer that the anti-Christ will offer you, claiming to be God. You will know, at some level, he's a fraud. Don't fall for his tricks. This is just a warning.

Obviously anyone who wants to do this will do so whether they are religious or not. If planning to ask forgiveness and doing the operation anyway is your idea of honoring God, then you do so only with your lips, and Jesus was sent to work against such hypocrites who held a stranglehold on His religion. At the end of the day you can find any excuse for what you want to do, but the arguments of worldly prosperity, wealth, standards of living, ease of conforming to the ways of men of material, are the arguments of Satan and the fruit. You can dismiss the entire Bible with humanist arguments, but at some point you have to realize you’re not following it anymore, that you’re not a Christian, and that all you are doing here is cleaving men further from God.

Have you really considered yourself or are you looking for approval? Be gay, be adulterous, alter the bodies of the unborn, seek solutions in technology and not in the spirit, faith, and hard work, put worldly advancement before acceptance and love, wealth before God’s gifts, security before sanctity, not trusting. You of little faith… Pharisee seeking excuses in legalism. Do not sell away your problems, do not bend to desperation or despair, be sold to industries, never let them go to a power other than God, or have faith in the wisdom of men, which He makes foolish. Is not faith enough for you? You can do many things but do not proselytize your desires as the acceptable path of Christians when you clearly already are aware that you need forgiveness for them.

No. They absolutely should be compared. Medical practitioners are human beings. They make mistakes in routine even when they understand the field. Genetics and epigenetics are orders of magnitude more complicated than bacteriology. We don't understand enough about how genes work yet to make gene editing safe for humans, nor can we foresee problems that might arise in that process. Maybe one day we will, but the science just isn't there yet, and we shouldn't use human beings as guinea pigs. Imagine if you took your baby in for an IQ boost and he came back retarded.

Now here's the thing. Even when the bugs are worked out, I don't think this technology would only be used to treat diseases. It will be used for cosmetic changes. You want your kid to be Aryan? OK. Perverts and fetishists will be top customers. Faggots will use it to fuse their genomes. Imagine a kid with twenty parents. Furfags and pedos and sizequeens will go to town. It will probably eventually be used to create an obedient slave race of beautiful retards with no higher thought processes. All the sick weirdos are going to cook up abominations I don't even want to imagine.

I don't see why it should be a sin. If anything, giving your children the best chances in life is your duty as a Christian.

Hello mohammed

Attached: e43f73812f814e7d021a0200d542bc90bcd302db820000cbeb55c2f20fc6ec0a.jpg (564x99, 9.78K)

You can, but in order to your confession to be valid you should mention that you committed this sin with the intent to ask for forgiveness afterwards.

I think it's cool. I'm studying RNA nanostructures for drug delivery and chemical manufacture among other things.
And maybe editing my *meiotic* line, since infanticide is a sin, to be more fit since I have some bad genetic baggage.

Black Mirror?
It's all a big trick by Fukuyameans. They hold back development because it threatens superstructural liberal democracy. This is why Globohomo Western nations talk about "but genetic stuff makes inequality therefore divert the money to African drum circle dancing" while China, although what they do is horrifyingly unethical, makes strides and Japan advances robotics.

This also. We need to walk carefully or CRISPR will be the next bloodletting or lobotomy but on a scale thousands of orders of magnitude more devastating (since lobotomy is environmental and acquired thus limited to one person while CRISPR edits the germ line).
We can't just like:
"Eh just have people spit into tubes, do a little GWAS, see what correlates, and just splice it in"
We've barely scratched the surface on what exactly RNA splicing is doing and only God knows what you're doing. I'm not a systems biologist, I'm more computers and chemicals but whatever :P Billions of base pairs coding for thousands of combinations of genes interacting in thousands of biochemical pathways across multiple layers of tissues and organs with the comfortable analytical, and (relatively) closed form solutions that we can run numerically cannot even be made with the best AI. Genes don't evolve independently. They move in packages. It's like linking a fortran and a C++20 binaries together and you don't have the source code and you don't know the isa you're on.

also, if your doctor prescribes you an antibiotic when you have a viral infection, even if he says it's because of "immunosuppressant effects" or whatever, leave immediately.

won't happen with proper governance.
immortality is likely impossible. senescence is inevitable and we can only delay the inevitable (before we uncover new problems. neurodegenerative disorders part 2 electric boogaloo)

what about meiotic line (spermatocytogenesis, oocytogenesis) editing?
they don't count as unborn, no?

thank you (a lot)

Unless there is a commandment against it, or some necessary inference to a commandment against it in scripture, you should be fine.

Attached: HelpingTheRetardedToKnowGod.jpg (465x465, 39.38K)

Hooty hoot

Attached: 1.jpg (852x480, 23.62K)