Has there ever been historic mass weapon confiscation...

Has there ever been historic mass weapon confiscation? Was there ever a time where the powers that be told the populace "okay hand in your swords/bows/daggers" etc?

inb4
fuck you this is a topic that could have great conversation and talking points, this question can't be answered with a single sentence

Pic unrelated

Attached: quarry_junction.jpg (720x649, 52.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kisc.meiji.ac.jp/~transfer/paper/pdf/06/04_Enomoto.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, in Nippon the Americans forbade all weapons and stole them during the occupation.

Same with Germany.
Mexico had mass confiscations, along with Brazil.

Another reason why I severely dislike this country.

Attached: bushsr.jpg (1160x629, 227.13K)

And I forgot about Katrina.
nope.avi

Attached: Gun_confiscation_US.mp4 (288x224, 5.39M)

Haha! You can't blame us for this one! for once The Japanese not only managed near complete gun control, but they actually managed to almost erase the knowledge of how to manufacture firearms. Granted, this was explicitly an effort by a brutal regime of repressive aristocrats to suppress a powerfully democratizing technology which threatened to upset their apple cart. And the Japanese as a race have an astonishing aptitude for order. And they're an island nation which was almost completely isolationist at the time. And they have a practically sexual obsession with swords to the exclusion of other weapons. But still! It can be done. The Japanese didn't get their guns back until 'murrica in the form of Commodore Perry reminded the Japanese government that they faced bigger potential threats than pissed of Japanese peasants with matchlocks. You're welcome.

Seriously though, if you get a chance you should pirate read pic related. It's totally biased (the author's naked longing for a world where he has the power to make icky things like guns and nukes go away is both pathetic and hilarious), and the author is probably overstating how effective the gun control regime actually was. But the story of how the policy was pursued is intriguing and so uniquely Japanese it's hard to imagine it being used anywhere else. A surprisingly short and interesting read.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (377x499, 435.71K)

Ho ho, there are scholarly rebuttals available. I knew he was a exaggerting.
kisc.meiji.ac.jp/~transfer/paper/pdf/06/04_Enomoto.pdf
should probably research this more when I'm not sleep deprived

Still doesn't necessarily paint Japan in the best light…
> Another record shows that when a firearm was no longer used, villagers sealed the firearm [Like a demon?!] to ensure that it could not be used.
Damn Japan. I understand why some of you guys don't want to leave your apartments.

Superior Nippon musket powered by bound youkai, VERY DANGEROUS!

Attached: yata.jpg (670x682 92.46 KB, 70.37K)

shit the feds are on such a higher elite class ego trip

Americans disarmed redskins and then slaguhtered them all almost immediately afterwards, Wounded Knee IIRC
Americans disarming and stealing or destroying German and Japanese weapons.
Soviets disarming Russians and other Slavs

Germany has a long history of weapons control laws. They literally had sword bans, which is why the kriegsmesser was even invented. The entire idea behind that name is that it isn't a sword, it's a really big 'knife'. Somehow the German government believed that enough.

So here's a different question; I've been burning a lot of yard-waste (mostly wood) and now have a bunch of ash just sitting around. Are there any fun Zig Forums related things I can do with wood-ash?

Facepaint, if you mix it with a bit of sunscreen.

Drink anti-freeze and then eat the charcoal for poison control. Repeat with less and less charcoal every time until you've built up your anti-freeze immunity high enough to drink it straight. Boom, now you're freeze proof.

Nice recommendation, i’ll be sure to read it when i have the time. By the way, it’s always funny when an author definitely put in some biased feelings into an otherwise factual information. It’s as if you brain could segregate which is the ones that you find acceptable or just plain horseshit.

Don’t burn it into ash, just burn them into charcoal instead. Charcoals are very useful and can be used into many things, one of them is as water purification ingredient.

Germany also had decent gun control laws under Hitler until the end of the war.

Germany the established political entity didn’t though. In the Kaiserreich nearly every home had a rifle of some sorts, there were really only laws concerning public carry and not ownership. I think everyone here knows about Third Reich gun laws, the Entente slapped gun control laws on Germany in the Treaty of Versailles, I have no idea but assume the DDR has strict gun control like all commie nations, so it’s only ever been “democratic” Germany that’s had much in the form of gun control. Really makes on think.

Halfu-chan has said it before but Japan (like almost every country at the time) had lenient gun laws until the burgers occupied the country.

this post?

Attached: jap_gun_control.png (1223x474, 131.62K)

Yeah, thanks Thüringen.

Look at the dates. The Edo period was from 1603 to 1868. This is the era of weapons prohibition described. The Meiji, Taisho, and Showa periods came after.

I guess you could say it's hopeful that a people can gain freedoms after losing them, or never having them at all. On the other hand if you're pessimistic you can look at the time scale and sheer turmoil generally associated with those changes and conclude we're fucked.

I have to say I'm surprised at how profound people think it is to point out that the Americans disarmed the Japanese. The U.S. forces were an occupying army. What the fuck did you expect them to do, hand out Liberator pistols? It's basically the job of a foreign occupation force to screw over the locals.

In the US, sort of. When Katrina hit cops in Florida were going door-to-door in groups and brandishing guns in people's faces to try to intimate them into handing over their guns, even though if they didn't cops couldn't do jack shit. for the record, not a single person fought back or took action against them

Attached: 677ae90c0d4db5142331f9c7778c80abd1836702250d87142dd26ef1cc0fae77.jpg (750x750, 52.52K)

then what is the point even owning a gun if you arent going to use it against tyranny? are all americans this spineless? how much of those fags that preach muh gun rights would actually die for them?

Make soap, make glaze for pottery, use a little on your garden pea patch to help them grow better.

They didn't want to start shit over a hurricane and had personal lives to attend to, the only time when gun owners will stand up for the 2nd amendment is for the big one when the government marches down your street and FEMA starts deporting babies to camps which won't happen for the fear of a civil war so they will continue to slow boil. Also since there was no issued order to acquire guns just yell at them, if someone fought back or shot at the cops the media would say gunowners are crazy and the humble cops were just doing their job.

that was the perfect time to use your guns, why would the goverment disarm all its lawful citizens during a natural disaster instead of actually helping out with aid or some shit.
whilst pointing guns at them and arresting them so they can search for guns, how can you say there was no order for gun confiscation if the whole reason the national guard was brought in to take the guns?

I'm being a bit Socratic, they thought it wasn't worth it and really don't understand the 2nd.
This was also in 2005, shit wasn't that bad yet and the public had no honeypot. If in the next gun grab people still turn in their guns then yes the populace are confirmed cuckolds.
On paper it wasn't a mandatory gun confiscation, it was a bunch of SWATs and feds breaking into your house while they ask you to hand in your guns and if you say no they will go away despite them not giving you an option, and the way they were suppose to say no was with a bullet to the face. Say if someone gave them a bullet to the face the media would demonize gun owners, not that I care or that the grabbed knew that.

Attached: ДРУГ.jpg (444x444, 107.94K)

America is a doomed nation and no amount of guns will save neither the general population nor the government from God's wraith. The United Cuckdom will go down first though

Germans got slaughtered immediately after. Rhineland death camps
Japs got firebombed and nuked twice.
They were slaughtered in the gulags.

A MUZZLE WHISTLE THAT MAKES A SOUND LIKE SOMEONE SAYING NO

Yes, we are. We are all talk over here. There are always outliers of course, but those outliers get Ruby Ridged. Or just captured in the parking lot unawares and flown to gitmo. The rest of us are all lard. Plenty of shit has dropped, we have every reason to start lighting up feds and friends, but we don't because we are fightless, scared pussies. Its all on mother nature if she wants us to die quietly or not, I suspect she does.

Like it does with every false flag, gang shootout, drug smuggling gone wrong [in da hood], terrorist attack, retard shooting himself in the foot while doing retard things, suicide, and more?

Yes.

Attached: 1443193692603.jpg (303x360, 9.68K)

No, the bolsheviks straight up murdered ~30 million Russians, another 6-9 million Ukrainians, half the population of Kazakhstan and countless others.

Nobody was held responsible in any, even the most symbollic way.
In fact, most of the perpetrators enjoy retirement funded by American taxpayers in israel.
Poland tried to extradite a few to face trial with official israeli response being literally

Attached: 9a1a2fc6d9ae96a2366a790bb9cf2c710ea45f6c32dc0d5d94c7b33d420f47e4.jpg (272x274, 9.98K)

Its an endless circle. Maybe this time round we genocide them to the point they become turbo inbred fucks no better than a zoo animal.

Attached: f74883cfe0abbdbb4279e7edb37f8680f1bd2fa6615c4e4f06d0ae0bca0766ee.jpeg (746x927, 171.44K)

I was going for the end result like the redskins, but you're right.
An armed society is a polite society.
I train animals. I train violent animals that only recognize and respect force.
Governments are no different. Any transgression must be met with enough force to dissuade them from behaving similarly in the future.

With governments this starts with the CIA killing low level politicians this includes any enforcer when any form of government breaks the social contract defined in the constitution.
Continued transgressions are met with harsher punishments which ultimately end with revolution and genocide.

Unfortunately the CIA isn't doing it's job.

Anyone have the article where the CIA concluded it may have assassinated JFK by accident because the president was not considered "off limits"?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (577x537, 365.08K)

If there's an organization capable of committing negligent regicide, the CIA is probably it.

Perry was merely a knock at the door- Japan knew it had to pull up its trousers by the time China had lost the Opium wars. If anything the British are to thank for this. because I know you Americans hate not having all the credit Also Noel Perrin is a terrible, unsourced mess of a writer, and a complete and utter libshit retard, and no more trustworthy than anything I post on this godforsaken Burmese bridge building forum.

Anyhow, the Edo period wasn't a period of monolithic laws or rule; this was also the case in gun laws during this time, where it saw different iterations in varying strictness in the control and management of firearms among non-warrior class peoples, and in different locales. Such iterations can be largely be divided into three eras and three great teppo-aratame (the post for monitoring and checking guns owned by ordinary people). I base this off the book from picrel, 鉄砲と日本人 (teppo to nihonjin - Guns and the Japanese) written by the fantastic historian Suzuki Masaya who went through various available records regarding guns, especially within the Kanto region through the start of the Edo period to the end of the Meiji period.

1. 1662
To regulate firearms and to consolidate defences around the Edo region, the sort of gun control measures that Toyotomi had placed in Osaka (i.e. wooden permission tags from regional lords) were applied to dedicated hunters (not to the general peasentry) within the Eight Kanto regions that surround Edo. This however, was ignored by some lords and permission (or rather turning a blind eye) was given to the peasantry.
During this period, a post for monitoring guns was set within Edo castle, and the first mass check of the number of guns

2. 1687
These gun control measures were then applied to the entirety of the Shogunate rule, but the largely unpopular decision to limit the ownership of guns to hunters was reverted so that the peasentry could own 1) firearms for self defence, 2)firearms that fired blanks so as to scare animals away, and 3) firearms for hunting along with various caveats such as having to file the length of the barrel and any repairs or modifications to the local lord.

From 1687 to 1709 was during the period of Tsunayoshi's rule, a time where every poor fucker had to become a vegan because the Shogun was a paranoid cuckboi who believed in the buddhist monk when he said he had to ban killing animals or his rule would be fucked or some other gay shit like that. So during that time only hunters who needed to gather fur were allowed to fire bullets, while the peasants were relegated to using guns as glorified party crackers to scare animals away. This was largely in theory, so there are numerous speculations that guns were used in their usual manner away from the Shogunate rule.

In 1717 the second round of gun checks was taken place; during this time, it was found that many firearms were owned without explicit approval and modifications and barrel lengths had changed (the latter had more to do with people replacing worn out guns by buying new guns and not reporting it).

3 1729
It was decided that the types of guns the peasantry could use where 1) guns for self defence, 2) guns for scaring off animals, 3) two-season (April~July) varmint guns, 4) four-season (Feb~Nov) hunting guns against beasts like bears/wolves/hogs etc 5) hunting guns for hunters.

In 1838 the last round of gun checks by the Edo shogunate took place showing that over the last one hundred years, these gun laws had become a mere formality, and much of the guns used by the peasantry were unlicensed and were widespread, and local lords didn't really care about reporting such issues. IF anything, there was a silent agreement between the peasantry and lordship to not use firearms when there was ever a rebellion or protest.

Attached: teppo to nihonjin.jpeg (329x474, 30.51K)

That and 1800s weebery along with large distractions is what gave Japan the room it needed to industrialize. The British straight had their hands full, America wasn't interested, or capable of such conquest at the time, and Russia was preoccupied with all of Eurasia.

Then 1900 rolled around and Japan had some serious firepower and industry and would require serious face effort to do anything too and was part of the intervention in China.

More reason to stay out of the cities and live innawoods or onnamountain.

Fuck those mercenaries. I hope some of them got the IED treatment.

There is a difference with weapon control laws and weapon bans.
Weapon control laws restrict who is allowed to own what type of weapon and they are common throughout history for all cultures. After all there cannot be a warrior class if every field worker can own weapons of war.
Weapon bans on the other hand usually follow a war or rebellion, when the winner wants to ensure that the loser stays defeated.

Fascinating. Top post, nip friend.

Attached: 6f69cd6b58cbfb0b420ef390e0352fbf9a0d806920a388083fa23113a2b301aa.jpg (640x960, 70.93K)

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES