Borderline insane heroism

I am talking about combat situations in which soldiers or officers use morale as their main weapon. Or even use morale as their only weapon.
hooktube.com/watch?v=GrauBQf7FpI&pbjreload=10
So there have been occasions where, officers or even generals didnt take cover. I also heard that there has been at least one attack by the white army in the russian civil war, that was basicly a march towards the red army position by the white army.
They went in marching formation and decoracted uniforms which caused the reds to simply surrender or run away.
Does anybody know something about this? I couldnt find anything myself.
Or any other compareable battle.

Attached: Белая Армия.jpg (603x478, 91.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Wizna
historynet.com/the-greatest-german-general-no-one-ever-heard-of.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Benavidez
youtube.com/watch?v=NN8Fx7ZzlS4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Hodów
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Medal_of_Honor_recipients
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_McGonagle
archive.is/d9ImY
military.wikia.org/wiki/Arditi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Wizna

Attached: Władysław_Raginis.jpg (365x446, 60.67K)

Hooktube doesn't do anything, use invidio.us from now on.

historynet.com/the-greatest-german-general-no-one-ever-heard-of.htm

Attached: img044d.jpg (429x600, 26.38K)

And another one because I'm a filthy Poleophile.

>Despite Turkish efforts, the defenders of castle managed to hold their positions after several attacks. After several days, however, shortages of food and water became severe, and Captain Chrzanowski decided to surrender. His wife disagreed with this decision, and threatened to commit suicide if her husband proceeded with the planned surrender, thereby stiffening his spine and creating an atmosphere for defending the castle. Furthermore, Anna Dorota urged the defenders to carry out an attack on Turkish positions, which resulted in heavy losses among the invaders. Chrzanowska’s determination raised the morale among the Poles, but their losses were also heavy. In the night of October 4/5, only 20 soldiers were able to fight. Facing danger from forces of Jan III Sobieski, which concentrated near Lwow, the Turks decided to end the siege on October 11.

Attached: 1184px-Muzeum_Diecezjalne_w_Sandomierzu_Obrona_Trembowli_-_Anna_Dorota_Chrzanowska_30.12.2010_p.jpg (1280x974 541.67 KB, 138.15K)

These dagos cavalry charged a russian machine gun trench, discovered their horses could still run in a straight line, even after dying and butchered the reds after diving into said trench.

Viva la nazione d'Italia

Attached: 1491725853991.png (315x398, 54.33K)

look at people who won the medal of honor, especially the ones who didnt even use guns.

Attached: OCallahan_JT_h47538.jpg (590x765, 140.5K)

The time when a crazy leaf in the coast guard saved 500 marines by using himself as a human shield.

Attached: 800px-Douglas_Munro_undated.jpg (800x1020, 112.27K)

Everything he did.

Attached: Audie_Murphy[1].jpg (1104x1600, 355.35K)

If you're asking for personal favourites go for Paul Kenna, or Aiden Liddel.

Attached: P. Kenna VC.jpg (229x300 2.31 MB, 20.27K)

Carl Klinke
Shitpostan and Akbaring before either was cool.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (640x425, 113.1K)

Neall ellis

So Ellis decided to become a soldier for hire. Specifically, he started taking work as a private mercenary helicopter pilot, securing his first contract fighting for Bosnia in the Yugoslav wars. After that, he spent some time in Angola. Finally, in the late '90s, his duties took him to Sierra Leone.

The Revolutionary United Front, a rebel faction fighting the UN-supported government of Sierra Leone, was winning in 1999. They were knocking on the door of the nation's capital, Freetown, and the situation was in fact so hopeless that British forces were abandoning the area just as Ellis arrived.

Ellis and his team, however, were unshaken by the fact that they were pretty much the only foreigners still in the game. They stayed and fought, presumably for their own amusement, flying missions with Ellis' gunship helicopter and messing with the rebels any way they could. The RUF got so enraged by him that they soon sent him a message:

"If we ever catch you, we'll cut out your heart and eat it."

Ellis responded by stocking his gunship full of weapons (in case he should ever be shot down) and hovering over RUF strongholds, showered them with leaflets saying:

"RUF: This time we've dropped leaflets. Next time it will be a half-inch Gatling machine gun, or 57 mm rockets, or 23 mm guns, or 30 mm grenades, or ALL OF THEM!"

After a while, the government of Sierra Leone stopped paying Ellis, because they were forced to abandon the Freetown area, too. Ellis, however, enjoyed the little flame war he got going so much that he kept flying missions for another year, pro bono. During that time, in addition to his usual antics, Ellis single-handedly stopped the RUF from advancing into Freetown – without a co-pilot, in the middle of the night and without any night vision TWICE.

At some point, the Brits realized that the ragtag bunch of madmen they'd left behind were actually winning, so they skulked ashamedly back into the fight by financing Ellis and offering assistance.

Ellis and his helicopter stuck with Sierra Leone all the way up to the RUF's defeat in 2002. What does he think of the war-torn country he's spent years fighting in, with a significant portion of its denizens wanting to eat his heart? He loves it. So much, in fact, that he's going to move there when he retires.

That one just sounds like pure insanity but I respect him.

Leave

Fuck off faggot

So what happened to him after 2002?

The rumor was he was still out there fighting ISIS circa ~2010.

I think I read somewhere he was in the middle east doing some spook shit with his helicopter within the last 5-6 years. His achievements are ridiculous, IIRC at one point he ran out of ammunition, so he used his helicopter to kill rebels by landing on them.

I did find an article from 2017

Ellis and his crew would stay in Sierra Leone until the defeat of the RUF in 2002.

Ellis' reputation earned him a trip to Iraq working with the British during the invasion in 2003.

Later, he would also fly in Afghanistan "where, he reckons, he has had more close shaves than in his entire previous four-decades put together."

At the age of 67, he is currently rumored to be flying against the Islamic State.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Benavidez
>manages to drag out most of the team and three NVA for potential intel
Must be the heyahoya and Aztec insanity.

Attached: Roy Benavidez.jpg (507x630, 86.01K)

Sounds totally badass. Anyone have a documentary or any more info on him?

The actions of the DD/DE commanders during the Battle off Samar. Charging a Japanese Battlegroup with your ship designed to protect convoys against submarines and thus turning the Japs away from multiple vulnerable high value targets seem worthy of inclusion in this thread.

Thanks for the contribution to the thread, swede.

Does Klinke mean something or is that part of the shitposting? Know anything else about him?

What is up with the older generation and spitting? Seems so strange to me.

Its his name, which is also a pun because it means latch if I recall, so he stated he was the door handle and proceeded to open the door with all he had.

>'BAREHANDED.'
>Kills TWENTY.

Attached: CaptainAlbertJackaVCMC.jpg (530x709, 19.86K)

Who was the Australian soldier that would attack German trenches armed with only a bag of mills bombs?

It's Arthur Blackburn I think.
The reason Jacka didn't got one of his DSO is because Blackburn got a VC for it on the same day at the same battle (just a different part of it) and the British are cheap bastards.

anti vaxxers BTFO

still contributing

Attached: toloza.jpg (404x396, 16.32K)

Yeah but “Ich bin (name) isn’t grammatically correct and only really started seeing use after Englishification.
Ah okay, I tried looking up what Klinke meant but didn’t find anything except names, but that makes sense. What a guy.

His last name is similar to my ancestors’ and I’ve never seen any similar names before (other than Hogan’s Heroes) so he might have been a distant relative since my family came from Pomerania. There’s a German wiki article on him but I don’t think it really states any of his family.

But big knife and grenades are the French Foreign Legion way of fighting.

youtube.com/watch?v=NN8Fx7ZzlS4

Attached: MACV-SOG INSIGNIA.jpg (630x630, 89.71K)

ITT larping and historic revisionism.

I know it's fun to pretend these people exist but you should all know it's utter bullshit propaganda for the most part.

Zig Forums's resident poleophile back here with a new post for you

Attached: wp2175365.jpg (2560x1600, 706.46K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Hodów

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

Attached: EEBB7F90-6606-4843-AAA9-508252AC12D8.jpeg (330x330, 31.15K)

Sounds neat, but do you got a source for that?

(checked)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Medal_of_Honor_recipients
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_McGonagle
TL;DR
Gets goyed without warning and keeps going

Attached: WilliamMcGonagle[1].jpg (590x765, 90.23K)

Gary Wetzel

Attached: Screenshot_28.png (240x302, 93.1K)

Conspicuously absent, the name of the nation attacking the ship.

It just so happened to be the only medal of honor that was awarded in secret too

It's part of the 3rd battle of Champagne.
Note that by the 21 they were basically down to a battalion size element, I do make it sound easy, but it's still WWI…

And like most battle of WWI it was completely useless. Sure they gained ground but all the Germans did is fall back on the next prepared cohesive back line.

And it's not even the most crazy part of the battle.
The most crazy part is when the 6th company, that is down to one NCO and 14 legionnaire take the fortified artillery position (7 105mm, defended by a German company at full strength…).

NCO was German BTW. Liked killing Germans so much he made it a full time job (deserted after killing his superior officer in the Wurtemberg Pioneers before the war, signed up in the FFL as everyone knows it's not a crime to kill germanimals, it's just pest control).

Attached: French_territorial_gains_in_Champagne,_Nivelle_Offensive,_April-May_1917.jpg (1624x616 625.51 KB, 622.39K)

It actually does say the nation, just not in the citation.

Where do you see that? Do you mean it was awarded later? Because a lot of medals of honor are award many years later, even post death.

Attached: Kahoʻohanohano.jpg (1392x282 71.08 KB, 53.12K)

It's right there in the wikipedia link that you posted

Read Gunship Ace about him, can be had for pretty cheap from (((amazon))).

3846 suicide youtube stream in 20 minutes gg/Xq2uYaa

4535 suicide youtube stream in 20 minutes gg/Xq2uYaa

2124best trap honeypot gg/Xq2uYaa

That deserves a Hollywood movie, I wonder why one hasn't been made yet…

Don't forget to archive things like that.

archive.is/d9ImY

ARDITI!
Is there anything more heroic than running against enemy's fire to breach their line equipped only with daggers and hand-grenades?

>military.wikia.org/wiki/Arditi

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (719x960 2.26 MB, 897.35K)