Gamers in light of the Bible

Gamers BTFO!

youtube.com/watch?v=XK7EoEfPASI

Attached: late night gaming.jpg (381x500, 17.43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

z3news.com/w/evangelist-rodolfo-acevedo-hernandez-heaven-hell/
independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-urges-young-people-to-reject-video-games-and-engage-in-activism-instead-a7164376.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Truly the pinnacle of theology right there.

Attached: 40 million volts.jpg (600x528, 41.94K)

Dont forget using 1 Corinthians 13:11 for justification of their """theological""" point

t. gamers

Do not forget that gamers are saved because games are made for children, and those who play these are like children, and Matthew 18:3 says you need to be like children to enter the kingdom of Heaven.

Nice argument though.

This is the modern equivalent of sermons condemning dancing or non-hymnal music because it's new and pastors barely understand it but they'll condemn it in order to accentuate the "them-and-us" divide. They're not particularly bothered by the actual thing, except that it's the latest thing in modern culture that Jesus didn't extol so it must be automatically condemnable. Like french fries or computers. It's a deliberately black-and-white view of the world because that's easier to cope with. Nuance is hard. Making your own moral choices before God is hard, especially when you have a relationship with the Bible rather than the creator of all things, your benefactor and king. It requires the development of character. So does living as part of this sin-saturated world. It takes hard work to live here and not be tainted, to not absorb the sinful culture. Far easier to hide yourself away from the world and build an almighty wall around you and your IFB community and have nothing to do with the world, because then there's less struggle, less hard choices, less back-breaking work on building for yourself a Godly mature Christian character when there is no world challenging your faith daily.

I'm not accusing them of not being Christians, just of taking the easy route, and God will not thank them for doing it. I'll suggest Christ will stare blankly and say, "I told you to be IN the world and not OF the world, not hide from it and run away." For how else does the world know about Christ if the Christians hide in their effective Montana or Arizona compounds and refuse to associate with the world other than angrily throw Revelations or Leviticus condemnations at the worldly?

The ONLY sermon I've ever heard convicting me on gaeman was from Francis Chan (pic related), and not because he condemned gaming, but because he said "time spent on anything not God is wasted". THIS is helpful, this is relevant. This is concerned with building-up mature, Godly Christians, mature in the faith and wise to the world.

What the OP's link preached is far from this.

Besides redpilling the kids he's also getting them to read with his book reviews.

Boys should put down the video games and become men.

Absolutely disgusting.

underrated tbh.

I agree. Far too often I see people criticize video games but watch tiggerhoop or povertyball. Not implying people here reading do this, of course.
It's the same mind numbing wasted time that mushes your brain. It doesn't benefit you after you're done with said activity like lifting, fighting, reading or socializing. It's not a real hobby, it's worse than a waste, it's a vice that hurts you after you're done.

Attached: Coincidence tree.png (600x600, 808.24K)

When they turned around, I saw that they were not children, but demons and they were playing with a game called Nintendo. I started seeing all kinds of satanic programming and games making signals and movements with their hands, all with satanic purposes. When the Lord ordered them to turn around, I could see their forms were grotesque, horrible and disgusting. Satan gave them the order, ‘My sons, go steal, kill and destroy.’ He was right because the Bible says satan comes to kill, steal and destroy, but Jesus came to give life and give it more abundantly (John 10:10).

Meanwhile, these little demons entered the earth. The Lord told me, “This is why the children on earth are killing themselves.’ In the meantime, scientists and children psychologists do not understand why children take their lives by suicide. A few months ago, a twelve-year-old boy killed his mother with a knife, another hung himself and in the U.S.A, a seven-year-old boy killed his mother, his little brothers and himself with a pistol he found. Another boy threw himself from a second floor killing himself. The letters and notes left behind by these children say that life is worthless and many other things. This happens because demons enter into their bodies and possess their being and lead them to kill themselves.

Be careful fathers and mothers what your children are watching on television. What your children are watching on the Internet and what your children are listening to on the radio. The demons infiltrate through television, radio, music and satanic comics. Glory to God, Hallelujah, for awakening us!!! Then, the Lord told me, “For this reason, so many marriages are destroyed because some parents blame the children and think that because of that child they must divorce. But the child is not the problem. The problem is the demonic attack against the union of the marriage and family.”

Call upon the Lord Jesus Christ! Call the church! Ask for prayer so you can have a home free from demonic attacks!

z3news.com/w/evangelist-rodolfo-acevedo-hernandez-heaven-hell/

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 114.8K)

[-]

But I thought it was Christians to test their faith? I thought it was stated that all it takes is one bad book to break the faiths in all the monks in a monastery and so you really do need to control what you expose yourself to.

But I thought it was bad for Christians to test their faith.

Oh, you protties.

Attached: you niggas are crazy.webm (320x240, 225.41K)

Ph*king hipster fash baptists

Disappointed tbqh. I was really hoping that Steven Anderson would do a sermon about vidya (More or less about the media of vidya rather than the gamers who consume the media). He can do so much with that topic he would have field day with some of the vidya that are un-christian/anti-christian (i.e. NuWolfenstein 2: (((The New Colossus))), Dead or Alive series).

To be fair, the guy didn't had that much time on his hands for him to understand the story of God of War. IMO, he should of looked up a summary of the entire storyline of God of War.

Attached: 1437344943819-0.png (399x382, 89.17K)

Of course, at some point of his life, a man must only seek God through charity and abandon every wordly consolations.
Yet you can't force this progressive path to perfection on everyone no matter their conditions.
You also can't force this view on every games without making any distinction, because a hard games like dark souls, instructives like HOI (played by a lot of good family fathers).

So the better is to start a spiritual life and progress on it, not to start aimless privations.

You don't rush in where angels fear to tread shouting to the devil world "GIMME ALL YOU GOT, B17CHES. I CAN TAKE IT!!!"
THAT is foolish.
But temptations and trials will come for this refining of our faith is what builds maturity and character, visa vie:
< …we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.
It is through the refinement of faith that we can face grievous trials yet shout "Jesus be praised! Look what good the Lord has done for me."
This is maturity.

Sadly there is so little real maturity in the Church and so many people running and hiding from the world.
Surely a time of great trouble for the Church will come when we in the west are truly tested and found wanting.

Attached: feels-sad-man.jpg (466x750, 106.05K)

Attached: pepe_2.jpg (1200x1200, 335.06K)

He's a literal Heretic even by Protestant standards. He hates everything except the KJV Bible and his only joy is shouting during preaching.

He is tolerated, rather than accepted. The fact he is a openly a heretic means his ground is loose on support, even from Christians.

He sure told me.

ITT: a bunch of butthurt gamers

Gaming I can take or leave, but gamers are embarrassing brats that really just need to grow up.

Yuck

Christian games when?

Attached: St_Michael_Raphael-1.01.45-PM.jpg (850x819, 206.8K)

There are probably plenty of demon slaying titles out there along with stories in medieval settings.

Get work with a holy spirit bath.

Attached: 1446031010423-1.jpg (1784x1024, 436.31K)

I hate this image immensely, a six day creation period was and still is the most valid interpretation one walks away with reading Genesis, even more so in the past without the heavily anti-God mindset that goes in with a naturalist's perspective of the earth's past.

To make it out that it's just protestants that believe this as well is more bothersome, Christians as a whole know this to be true.

Attached: tfw.jpg (900x900, 74.03K)

Origen destroyed people of your kind, now abandon your childish understanding of the bible.
See the spirit behind the letters.

Attached: 392339059f96c4dac0b8da254d00929fdcd03ca721e391a5169ae46b10f8004e.jpg (604x642, 81.32K)

Animeposter believes in evolution.

Not believing in the explicit meaning of the Genesis =/= believing in the modern theory of evolution
Anti-anime posters are stupid.

Stop watching cartoons for children and read a book written for men.

The vast majority of the Church Father believed in a literal Genesis

Attached: gen-2.jpg (500x749, 314.72K)

I don't agree with that interpretation, it's the position many brothers I've known have taken after being confronted about the origin of life, how we got here, and other topics concerning Genesis and modern secular historical beliefs. It's a fence-sitting position.

Attached: 1417872360076.png (640x480, 402.99K)

Is your picture an argument ?
Then I will use a real one, Saint Gregory of Nyssa, important church father for the east and even the west who use the Genesis to find a spiritual meaning. The Genesis is symbols to find spiritual meaning.

And when you substitute the spiritual meaning to a literalist one, one of the flesh, like proties, all is left for you is moralism. Like you whinning about anime shows it.

Attached: 05d77eeb0ac21d95653cf1844187f0a07172a11bce488e24892f044559fe4573.jpg (1104x1104, 308K)

It is only when people follow their own interpretation without guidance (magisterium, spiritual father,…). And indeed as a protestant you have no guidance, so the literal meaning of the bible have been used to protect protestantism from what it is itself in reality : division.

I hope you're not suggesting that there isn't both a spiritual and literal to many things in the old testament, and the gospel in general and that both can't be happening in unison? For an example in Numbers when Moses was instructed to erect the bronze serpent to heal the children of Israel of the serpent's stings, it was a literal event that as well had a symbolic meaning, one that was later shown to be reflective of the Messiah.

Certainly the Holy Spirit is my guide, so I'm not sure what you're referring to there.

I can't even ….

I'm sure not at all presomptuous.
And not persomptuous at all for you to think you can 100% know if it really is the holy spirit.

Yes indeed, but I hope you understand everything can't be taken litteraly in the OT or even in the NT, like the apocalypse (notice it's the apostle with the higher theology, who listened to Jesus heart who use the most symbols and don't care about the literal meaning). Seeking literal meaning everywhere in loss for the spiritual which is the most important is a grave limitation imposed by modernism to the bible.
I hope you understand the genesis can't be taken literally.

Stay mad boy.

Attached: 9c8e8d67c0f67b7e436e742572022172578f945d23b8e8f2fe1f5cef673df378.gif (720x534, 548.84K)

No he didn't.

Wew ! you clearly destroyed his arguments !

Attached: 0f12c647af99a3095550efd2350e346b598cfc31e1047c26d37fab1dcac41c40.png (588x598, 359.77K)

Very few exist.

Reminder to hide anime posts.

Baptists aren't protestants, if i remember correctly
What is heretical about IFB?

This is why people dislike baptists.

Attached: 01eb92fb87fc3b80dca6e6c87b09c4e89dc4d278625b3a2a17bd48b4f0954ae7.png (540x750, 295.47K)

Why not?

Because baptists are the only denomination to preach against video games, right?
independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-urges-young-people-to-reject-video-games-and-engage-in-activism-instead-a7164376.html

Attached: fe7d9231a94d1f57c96dd31cc978aa7.jpg (533x519, 61.01K)

Jesus explicitly told that imagination is sin, if you imagine killing someone, or toppling a building is the same as doing it in real life.

scripture quote

it is not imagination as a whole Christ condemns, it is the corrupt mind

If you're talking about Matthew 5:28, I always took the reading that imagining that which, in its completion, would be sin, is itself sin.

That doesn't mean imagining good and holy things is necessarily sin.

I'm open to being wrong here but why are you so sure -all- imagination is sin?

Holy things are not imagination,as dictated by Barney and spongebob imagination has to be sinful, like space god slays giant hornet man-wizard kind of scenario.

Oh leave it alone. Videogames are fun.

There's one that everyone knows, where you KILL demons.

Attached: 234c1ba770e7c0acdc42a30273a2356f20f5adafeb3c457f7ea60d5def37fd73.jpg (1539x1025, 492.63K)

Is this a coherent thought? I'm not sure at all what you're trying to convey other than that you disagree with me…

Shows how little you know. Of course you post on a christian imageboard so you have no idea of how to spend your time.

Yeah. To think I was planing to watch that garbage. Thanks for letting me know about the 15min. mark user.

Attached: DbTp48oV0AE0PA7.jpg (749x617, 38.61K)

No thank you

Attached: b655caf106665c9171964e34b9800bab21999cedff1e71df53d3ca4691156b9f.png (1000x1000, 979.39K)

He's a local retard that goes on how cartoons and drawings are sin. Dont feed him with (you)-s, please