I want to believe

I really do want to believe. I've been trying. I've prayed, I've fasted, I've abstained from sin, mortal one at least. But I just can't do it. I've prayed God for faith, I asked the Holy Mother and Saint Augustine to pray for me, but nothing, I am still devoid of any faith. Even the clear and plain evidence right under my eyes does not help. Why doesn't God give his children help? I'm not asking to be rich, or to dominate the world. I'm asking to be able to have faith in Him instead of wandering around without direction, incapable of internalizing His teaching, His passion, His death and his resurrection. I am starting to wonder if indeed He did die on the cross, and there he left us alone.

Attached: golgota.jpg (1920x1278, 648.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prelest#False_visions
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Read the Bible, and meditate upon in (contemplate about the text, not new age bs). Do lectio divina if possible. If you aren't convinced about the existence of God, read Aquinas five ways. And, go to a mass.

I am far more than convinced about His existence. I *know* it, for sure, but I do not have faith in that.

tell me your last read

Chesterton's Manalive

Have you eaten the Body and Blood Christ?

I did

summa
u
m
m
a

Then you should be in a state of grace. Don't trust your worldly senses and feelings. Satan will attempt to place what you think is doubt in your heart to trick. Don't even play along. Continue to follow God's commandments, pray to Him for yourself and others, and continue going to Church and partaking in Eucharist and reading His word.

I do not need to know why God is real. I know it, and I am, I would say, well-versed in theology since I don't have any proper training on the field. Problem is: I know it. I know it to be true. But I don't believe it. Do you get what I'm saying? Metaphorically speaking: my brain accepted and accepts Christ, my heart doesn't

What an ugly painting.

???

John 11:26
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Once again, I know it to be true. I know that believers shall never die etc. But I do not believe that, in a faith sense. I have no faith.

Thank you for your precious insight

It sounds like you are burned out on repeating mechanical procedures without having faith in the first place. This is very bad, because these are meant to strengthen and affirm a faith that is there, not create it. Without that sincere belief no amount of ritual or knowledge can help you. Things aren’t hopeless though. Just stop and relook at things.

Remember that the peace of God makes the wisdom of men foolish. Even “knowing” theology and rites is a human device for understanding God, in the end His inner peace inside of you is more valuable than any of that. If you are incapable of internalizing His teaching I sincerely recommend you have a change of pace in life. It seems your experiences are not providing a sufficient environment for faith to grow. It’s not something mechanical that can be asked for. It’s easy in our world to get into a situation where you can’t think straight, everything is too overwhelming, etc. Your experiences clearly do not allow you to know it, but this is normal depending on a person’s run of life.

To have faith you must have the inner peace of God. Not dependence on whether He makes miracles for you or not, or a small mercy - being Christian is putting into practice what Christ taught and realizing that anything beyond that is simply not in your hands. Realize the beauty of God and His earth outside of your own little life and its problems and appreciate it. If you have accepted that then you will not act or pray out of desperation. Do not do anything out of desperation, do not sell yourself short, do not be a beggar who is fickle with his master because of hardships, always expecting something and basing your beliefs off of that.

There is no trick you need to achieve. You need to be stable with your life. You are already in a good position to reach the right path. You need to be at peace with yourself and the tragedies in your life instead of always asking God for something. I also recommend in very simple terms to tell a priest your doubts, but from the heart and not melodramatically, so that he understands it. In the very worst case scenario I recommend applying for a monastery but I believe you can live your life without that.

I and others will pray that you find your way to Him and see the clear evidence of faith.

Maybe your passive-agressive feminine smugness is why you can't accept the truth.

That's because you're trying to be a catholic. The LORD wants you to be a Baptist

What if you actually have faith and just thought it would feel different? People think all kinds of stuff about what faith would be like if they've never experienced it before. You seem like you've gotten worked up about the "big payoff" of faith.

I suggest you read about what prelest is, one of the ways you will be tormented on the spiritual path is to desire early the things which belong to a mature faith.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prelest#False_visions

Attached: ed3da87cc23745d26bad40b3ddfbc4c21d0188038f7b4d821aed622be6ef804b.jpg (300x250, 8.51K)

Your heart hasn't accepted it yet because you've been going against the grain. Ours is the God of life, and therefore everything unyielding, doesn't belong to him. Everything bows down to God, and every tree that doesn't bend in His storm will be uprooted. Have patience with Him, abstain from sins but seek forgiveness all the more. Remember God came to Elijah as a whisper, but when he comes, don't be too loud for Him.

What about the visions of catherine emmerich

The toughest blackpill is the one you can't cough back up, OP.

This isn't going to help you now, but know that when the dark night pass your faith will be infinite.

you're baptized right user?

this, can confirm; pray always.