Even Geraldo Rivera Says the Fox News Spin on Mollie Tibbetts's Death Is Gross

"This is a murder story. It’s not an immigration story."

Ever since it came to light that the man suspected of killing Mollie Tibbetts—a 20-year-old college student who disappeared after going for a jog last month—was a Mexican immigrant, conservatives have been spinning her death into a talking point, using the incident as ammo in the debate over immigration. Fox News has taken the angle and run with it—but now one of the network's own correspondents is calling it out for just how gross that is.

In an interview on Fox News Thursday, Geraldo Rivera slammed the network for giving so much weight to the claim that Tibbetts's suspected killer, Cristhian Rivera, is an undocumented immigrant, something authorities have alleged but his lawyer denies, the Washington Post reports. The correspondent accused Fox News of blowing the accusation out of proportion, and went after host Martha McCallum for saying the suspect shouldn't have been in the US in the first place.

"We, at this network, are putting that spin on this story,” Rivera said. "This is a murder story. It’s not an immigration story."

“I know that most of the Fox audience disagrees with me," Rivera continued, "but I’m begging you to have compassion and not brand this entire population by the deeds of this one person."

On Wednesday, President Trump himself used Tibbetts's death as a way to promote his immigration policies, saying in a video on Twitter that after she was "permanently separated from her family"—an apparent reference to his abandoned policy of separating undocumented parents from their children at the border—"we need the wall, we need our immigration laws changed." It's just the latest way he's tried draw a link between immigrants and crime, despite studies showing that the connection is a total myth.

For their part, Tibbetts's family has said they don't want to see her death politicized: Her aunt told CNN she doesn't "want Mollie’s memory to get lost amongst politics," and her cousin asked one conservative to "stop being a fucking snake and using my cousin's death as political propaganda." But that hasn't stopped conservatives from Newt Gingrich to Texas's lieutenant governor from going ahead and turning it into a right-wing talking point anyway.

“Mollie Tibbetts would be horrified by the fact that this case is being used against unlawful immigration,” Rivera said on Fox News Thursday. "She wasn't that person. Anyone could have done this."
archive.fo/tUMBi

Attached: Screenshot (71).png (1111x606, 919.69K)

In 1991, my girlfriend and I appeared on The Geraldo Show. We got paid $3,200 apiece for the appearance, plus $200 per diem for three days. We got to meet Geraldo and hang out with him. He's actually pretty fucking cool.

Did you tell your story straight, or did they coach you to make it more dramatic?

Watching these idiotic right wing faggots try to paint illegal Mexicans out as murderers and rapists is hilarious, because everybody knows less than 1% of violent crimes in America are committed by illegal Mexicans. The right wingers' arguments are ineffectual, and they never complained about the other 99.3% of violent crimes, that are all committed by U.S. citizens.

Geraldo is fake news.

Is the suspect a white European?
No?
Then he shouldn't have been in the US.
t. all of the founding fathers

actually, here's the way it happened: first off, this was back in 1991, when shows like Phil Donahue and Sally Jesse Raphael filled the morning Airwaves. Geraldo Rivera had his own talk show just like that.

I knew a booking agent in Atlanta named Dolores French, and one day she called me and asked if Jill and I would like to 'fill seats' on Geraldo. ('filling seats' is the term they use for placing actors to pretend they're involved in the topic at hand, to 'spice it up') I asked Dolores how much the gig paid, and Jill and I agreed to appear on the show.

Jill and I were mural artists.

Dolores told us the topic of the upcoming show was 'the prostitution industry', and told us to develop an interesting story. We had two weeks to prepare.

Jill and I made up a story about her being a prostitute in a brothel, and I was her boyfriend, but I was the bouncer at the brothel, and how I had a 'conflict', and how I struggled with it.

I had the video up on YouTube for years. It was pretty funny. I did a pretty good job of supplying laughs and drama on an otherwise bland episode. A few months ago, YouTube took my video down, saying Liongate Entertainment had copyrights on the content.

This is an illegal immigration story. If we actually didn't let these pieces of shit in the country, he wouldn't have been able to kill her.

blah blah blah
STFU, Paul Revere
99.3% of violent crimes in America are committed by U.S. citizens. shut the fuck up, bitch

Lionsgate*

So then why should we tolerate 0.7% of preventable crime? At what number is it not fine then?

That's no spin, that's a fact. He was an illegal immigrant, whether the left likes it or not. I know they like to spin things.

It seems you're tolerating 99.7% and focusing on an insignificant drop in the ocean. weird

Where are you getting that number from?

So if I posted the FBI murder statistics in this thread and said it's bad, then is it bad to have an illegal immigrant here who shouldn't have been able to kill? By the way, the homicide rate for illegals is 2.6 out of 100000 people. For natives it's 3.1 (which includes minorities)> Homicides would plummet by over 40% of illegals were kicked out. Fuck off with your fake stats.

It seems you're tolerating 99.7% and focusing on an insignificant drop in the ocean.

It seems your statistics are off and you're posting the same shit you posted before. Look up.

It seems you're tolerating 99.7% and focusing on an insignificant drop in the ocean.

Roughly half of homicides isn't insignificant.

why aren't you indignant about the u.s. citizens who are committing violent crimes? you openly admit they're responsible for the majority of these crimes, so why isn't a majority of your indignation focused on them?

I haven't seen you say anything about 'violent crime' in general. nothing about violent crimes committed by citizens who have gone to the naturalization process, or violent crimes committed by people legally visiting here with green cards. You seem extremely tense. Try relaxing your shoulders and breathing slowly, in through the nose and out through the mouth.

B-b-but if it saves just one life…

Nobody gives a shit about illegal immigrants coming from Europe, with the exception of Pootugal. They only give a shit in this case because Mexicans constantly commit violent crimes. That is the story. Violent Mexican kills US citizen again.

I think yoga would help you a lot. Some relaxing stretching exercises, maybe a little Tai Chi. Perhaps you should spend more time smoking marijuana or washing away all your miseries with a bottle of bourbon. It seems that you got a lot of repressed anger, and it's readily apparent that illegal Mexicans have nothing to do with your shortcomings, but you tend to look for something or someone else to blame for your problems. That's why you need to smoke some weed.

brainwashed much?

you really need to go buy some weed and stop being such an uptight individual. It's not healthy for you. I suggest you find a Mexican weed man. The illegal immigrant Mexicans get the best weed. you'll see. it'll solve all your problems

I chuckled, thanks bro.

Geraldo belongs in the oven with all the other spics.

Nice try, but he's Jewish.

np

We're turning niggers against the spics, so if they want a race war, it'll be everybody vs. Paco.

That's what we call 'twice-baked'

Geraldo's got an impressive resume. He's an attorney, a world famous journalist, he used to have his own talk show, he's an author (who once wrote a book about the thousand + women he's fucked, including movie stars, Senators wives, princesses from other countries, etc.) And he's also a Golden Gloves boxer, and he's pretty damn tough. He's only about 5'4", a sawed-off little runt in real life, but he is tough as nails. He could beat the shit out of anybody twice his size, and he's done it plenty of times before.

He's definitely a dick head, but I have a lot of respect for him.

I remember when I was a kid watching that nazi slam a chair into his face. Geraldo shrugged it off as if a gnat flew into him. It was at that moment I realized Geraldo could take on anyone.

"Even Geraldo"

What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Can someone translate to me from normiethink why we're paying attention to the opinions of this neocon controlled opposition that's literally on fox news?

jokes on you. i guess you didn't hear it was a republican who gave him a job and kept him around.

yes sir. Geraldo is a tough little motherfucker

I've been distracted

A: because when it suits your needs, FOX is your go-to right-wing idiot box

and when even FOX admits Trump's an idiot, suddenly you claim FOX is full of shit

You're pathetic if you think it matters to Americans which person in which party is betraying the country. They can all get it.

Why the fuck should that matter? Should I suddenly not care? He used a social security number and ID that was legitimate yet stolen from someone else, but even so how does the political affiliation of his employer account into any of this? I'm libertarian by the way.

No. You'd have to be either a boomer or brainwashed by a lifetime of TV news in order to unironically believe this shit.

He chuckled at you because you come off as a meth smoking schizo. It's why I'm laughing at you right now.

You mean their token liberal?

Geraldo is controlled opposition.

Go back to Capone's vault, Geraldo.

Go back to r/politics, you retarded cunt.

Lots of leftists at the network now. And they're not fucking 'liberal'. Don't let them corrupt the language.

No because it's clearly a joke. Lighten up.

Attached: me.png (400x133, 4.55K)

pol really are just 30 year old baby boomers.

This is a toll paid story

Attached: poor mollie.jpeg (720x491, 150.06K)

> Even (((Geraldo Rivera))) says

The fuck you mean 'Even'? He's a kike, he runs his kike mouth in line with the kike's message.

He's right, we SHOULD be focusing on those damn french breadstick goons. They have cornered the market on breadsticks and they kill anyone that tries to cut in on their business. They even mutilate their competitors and hand their bodies from freeway overpasses. It's absolutely disgusting. And don't get me started on the Amish cheese mafia. Clearly Germans and French people have a cultural problem with gang violence and hooking the unwitting to their addictive contrabands.

Frenchies and Germans are ruining America.

Even if it's 1% it's 1% that's avoidable because THEY SHOULD NOT EVEN BE IN THE COUNTRY.

Christ you cunts are dumb. I want you to go to 100 rape victims, right down the line and pick the one that deserved it. No questions, just pull one out of the line, she deserved it. That's what you're saying.

This is a parody of relations between the United States, Russia, and China right? Also let's bomb Iran just because.

< o wow a kike defending degenerats wow o wow

This isn't unusual for Gerald. He wrote a book called "HisPANIC" and **is Hispanic himself*. He's also Jewish.

Aren't you doing the same here?

F*cking media vultures, it's not a story.

deport that rivaldo spic

>White Aryan Resistance Youth
The Aryans must always be wary of the brown menace

A: because when you think the mainstream media tells the truth even once, you need to get your brain checked

Even White Supremacist Neo-Nazi Super Conservative Geraldo Rivera thinks we shouldn't bring up the fact the killer was an illegal alien?? Wow! Really made me think. Oh wait, nevermind, I forgot for a split second that he's a giant fucking liberal kike who hates white people. Maybe that has something to do with his opinion on the matter.

It's cute when the 90 IQ retards from Zig Forums think they're brilliant because they "read" commie literature from half a century ago.

Oh wait, I keep forgetting this is Zig Forums

Attached: 1533598742885.jpg (640x300, 80.1K)

Zig Forumsigger

Attached: 995be814ab012e2a1f6ff811f0be1e87ca5c3df7c80062ab91cf8a03d7296c30.jpg (505x334, 34.97K)

I was friends with Dave Lynch the guy that broke his nose. good times.

How fucking stupid are you OP?