Boots Thread

I'm getting a bit of heel lift with my current pair (Swiss KS90s)–can't go next size down, it's too small. Are there insoles, or some special lacing technique, I can use to mitigate this?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (2048x2048, 2.87M)

Other urls found in this thread:

zdapartizanske.com/
zdapartizanske.sk
theunionbootpro.com
lemsshoes.com/collections/all-mens-products/products/mens-boulder-boot-leather
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want something that looks like pic related, but I couldn't find anything. It's the only boot I've seen that completely attracted me to its design. I like the boots I have, but they look too long.
If anyone is curious, it's a Moncler Fragment Suede, but I'd never pay that price tag.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-21-13-41-03-856_com.mrp.png (1080x698, 98.47K)

Anyone who disses the standard issue 2007 model German army boots is a massive faggot and has normal feet, unlike me.
They are sturdy, support your ankles, and are watertight up to the very top. They keep your feet warm, they can resist fire for a long-ass time and don't require much maintenance. Nothing (Nothing) can rip them off your feet. We heard stories about guys stepping on IEDs and getting their legs torn off. When they found the leg the foot was still inside the boot. I love them and wear them daily to this day. The soles are almost gone, but who cares? I can just get new boots for 50 bucks and keep them for 5 more years.
It feels like I was the only one in my entire battalion who didn't complain about these boots, but for some magical reason they fit me just fine.

Attached: Bundeswehr-Kampfstiefel_Modell_2007_DMS,_Rückansicht.jpg (3008x2000, 1.31M)

I've got some of these, they're kino

#metoo
The only small problem I have with them that its a bit difficult to clean them around the metal fittings. I think I will use an old toothbrush for that in the future.

Submerge them in water and then get your toothbrush on. Remember: they are watertight, so it doesn't matter if you put them into a bucket as long as no water gets into the top.
Also: take out the laces and clean them with water twice a year. Dust will cake onto them otherwise and will make them rot and tear sooner than necessary.

I am experiencing the exact same thing with my KS90s. Still don't know how to prevent it

Double socks you retard, alternatively put a pair of felt insoles under your current ones

tfw vaporized a pair of those in three months
They weren't even issued by the looks of it.

HOW? After three months they are barely worn in!

By hard actual use, though I have a feeling my motorcycles exhaust had something to do with the left boots sole debonding. Everything else I can attest to the first point, they're comfy to stand around in all day though.

Protip, replace your laces with paracord. No more rot issues provided they aren't cotton.

Attached: 20190327_122735_stripped.jpg (4032x2268, 2.84M)

swis gear, you can buy similar hiking boots for $50-70 lasted me about 3 years of heavy wear

The closest I've seen. Thanks. The shape is very similar. Sadly, the design is yet to be found. Why luxury is so expensive

These things fucking suck, though the Danners version are quality boots and I enjoyed them immensely

Attached: 71MCv0UIZZL._UL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 211.43K)

After about two years the soles on mine were splitting apart. I hope I can just glue them back, I love these boots

do you ever dub boots that arent roughout? I imagine it would still work and make them hydro/oliophobic.

I daily a pair of danner lights. Would recommend 10/10. Stay away from their cheaper shit not made in US

I had that problem with my danners when I worked as a firefighter. It's a real pain when you want to autistically want to grease your boots, but there are little bits of dirt around the metal fittings.

The Garmont T8 is fucking money when it comes to rucking and walking in the woods. It’s super light but has a thick enough sole so that you don’t feel every rock you step on.

Attached: 91C0AE89-0727-4B79-9E4A-69FA20EE5C0F.jpeg (600x600, 43.05K)

My NVA knobelbecher have held up nicely, cost me a little over 50 CAD. The former commie who wore them put some kind of glue on them though. How do I remove the glue?

Had these for about a year. They're hanging in there pretty well but the lack of ankle support and waterproofing fucks my shit up. I used to have a pair of those guys but they fall apart so easily. Ankle support was top notch and they were more water resistant. My main problem with these is that I can't kick as much shit with them from weird angles. I got so used to being able to use the inside of my foot to kick the fuck out of something but I did it with these out of habit and almost broke my toe.

Attached: 808578-1751399csh.jpg (700x622, 56.75K)

Tell us about those things you loved to kick so much japbro

Tfw get used to having indestructible feet from years of wearing top quality hardened/padded steel-toe boots and trying to stop a door while wearing a pair of running shoes

They aren't bad but are shit next to the haix they give out now

Yeah, I remember they ordered every platoon leader of the army to comment on the standard boots. My Zugführer announced that to us and asked if anyone objected to him writing that the entire platoon was dissatisfied and had problems with them.
I kept my fucking mouth shut though, just because I am comfy in my boots doesn't mean that I don't want my comrades to get boots that fit normal people.

Belleville 610 Z ST, these have been great for me although I know a lo of people hate zippers and Belleville's.

Attached: Belleville 610 Z ST.jpg (300x300, 68.03K)

The one that fucked my foot up was a box full of rifles I was trying to slam shut but as says it's mostly doors. I really took kicking shit for granted. Ankle support is also necessary for throwing yourself down mountainous terrain fast as fuck without breaking yourself. I'm getting new boots now. This thread has made me reconsider my life choices. Comfort and light weight is a meme.

for sure. I used to wear double buckle army boots and I ran on a really uneven trail and stepped wrong and it shocked and impressed me that the cuff was supportive enough that it prevented what was almost certainly a really fucked up ankle.

The company who made the trainers for Warsaw Pact recruits is still around and make the models (at least the successor) under the name of Marathon Sneakers. Don't know they sell their stuff in western retail however.
zdapartizanske.com/
zdapartizanske.sk

Do average steel-toed working boots suffice as well as military-grade boots.

Many are not quite as tough or thick leather and often are not roughout (flesh side out for waterproofing) but from a reputable brand they should be analogous.
Get a welted sole so that they are replaceable.

Just get Danner. t. not a danner shill
There's also:
theunionbootpro.com
Get your boots toe coated with urethane. It increases their lifespan by years.

Has anyone had a boot resoled with a thinner athletic style sole?
I like wearing boots, but I don't like not being able to flex my feet as I walk.
I'd like to be able to make a good pair of leather boots as flexible as a pair of boxing boots or trainers.

Attached: Adult-Titan-Boxing-Boots.jpg (1000x1000, 131.1K)

And if you have leather uppers, use pic related.
It actually works.

Attached: Huberds_Grease-S-1_480x480.jpg (480x480, 41.35K)

They aren't made of Jew skin like the 1939-45s were.

No but i've seen some of the cordwainers who do bespoke work offering old timey athletic shoes that are similar to those high top boxing boots with leather soles with an option of cleats.

this is the closest I've ever seen off the shelf lemsshoes.com/collections/all-mens-products/products/mens-boulder-boot-leather

also seconding huberd's it's great and really waterproofs if you work it in with a toothbrush.

So what do you guys do with these boots? I'm looking for a new pair of hiking boots as my old pair are EOL. I've been looking at a pair of Salomons and other purpose built boots for long hikes. I do love milsurp shit though, are any of these boots comparable for hiking? Pic related are the pair I'm looking at.

Attached: 91gGU9ZfwVL._UX395_.jpg (395x346, 26.17K)

Is this good enough for general hiking? The leather is impermeable but water still gets in because there's always a little space between the tongue and the inside, you know how it is.
Also is there anything I can use to make it completely impermeable? I don't want to use rubber boots just to hike even with all the snakes.

Attached: botina-de-seguranca-p-trabalho-prata-cordo-varias-cores-D_NQ_NP_391221-MLB20710328058_052016-F.jpg (880x665, 65.27K)

Has anyone tried the GSG 9.3s out? I want a pair of boots that are good for hot weather, mostly waterproof, and light enough to run with.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1500x1361, 1.81M)

Warm up the leather in the sun or by a space heater and apply.
Let it soak in.

Anyone tried pic related?

Attached: KobraKoj1-1000x1000.jpg (1000x1000, 152.17K)

?

Uma delicia
Apply directly to the leather
Uma delicia
Apply directly to the leather

not sure if it was the v3 (might have been v2) had a problem with inside floors and terrible squeaking. not sure about build quality, but you might also want to look into 5.11, under armor, blackhawk, or bellville

I have a pair of pic related (altama boots) that I got at a thrift store a few years ago. They were about 5 bucks then iirc (they looked brand new, too), they fit really well, pretty comfy overall

Attached: serveimage.jpeg (800x800, 65.01K)

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

05c183
what kind of boots do they issue for hot climates?

possibly pic related?

Attached: altama.JPG (1077x593, 85.17K)

I wear minimils

this is the standard issue hot weather boot of the US army

Humorless Greek volunteer, on a scale of 1 to 10 how hard would you ban me if I posted a joke image with some sexy womens boots.

Whenever I wear boots the top of my foot hurts

Fucking Greeks should never be given a position of power

The 2007 model is shit. I've seen soles fall off after one year. What good is a boot that just falls apart like that? Any shoemaker will tell you that they suck because of the way they are glued together.

They realized that though and for the very new models you can now choose between Meindl and Haix boots, which are both amazing. They're from reputable companies that have a name to lose.

Try getting exchanging them for a narrower boot, or try using a surgeon's knot/heel lockdown knot when lacing up.

depends on what you were doing for that year. I think ~6 months of full time wildland fire or backcountry trail work without needing major repair is pretty damn good for anything that isn't a heavy-assed Spokane logger, and those have their own disadvantages.

anyway, pretty happy with my lowa baffin pros so far (buy from baker's, not rei), but time will tell.

Almost nothing. They were mostly sitting in the locker. The whole construction wasn't made to last.

The German army is supplied by a private company that basically makes money by supplying the cheapest possible quality that meets the standards. But in this case there were too many problems, so they now offer better models. Turns out combat boots need to be reliable…

I got Lowas too to avoid the shitty 2007 model. They're great indeed.

How are they holding up?
Reviewers say that the uppers are complete shit.
I'm interested in the spetsnaz boots this user posted , but they aren't top down construction.

I go the black ones, and because of crouching, there are permanent creases in the upper, I think that the brown ones which are soft leather would no do this. The upper is a little loose unless I tighten the boot down all the way (I also think I bought a size up). Build quality is good though imo (compared to 5-6 other combat boot brands I have worn). I got them purely for the minimal sole meme. I took them hiking and the waterproof part worked pretty good. Supposedly there is a debate of sock/no sock, but I got blisters when I went no sock. You definitely want to break them in for a while, or you will fuck up your ankle joints and leg muscles.

Overall, 7/10 would not pay more than $80 again. at least they did not fall apart like some other boots, and they are pretty comfortable when you wear them all day, and they are extremely light.

The spetzna boot pattern reminded me of pic related blackhawk warrior wear composite toe safety boot.

Attached: bh ww.JPG (500x500, 43.69K)

Should I add soap or some other cleaning agent to the water, or that would just damage the leather?

Oh fuck those people. I bought some of their shoes that were supposed to be waterproof, and it was very important for my shoes to be waterproof because I had to work in some rainy and wet place and it turned out those stupid 150€ boots were not really waterproof, one of them that was letting the water slowly get in it. Bye 150€.

Very true, but I wouldn't entrust power to any nation in this age, certainly not the degenerate cucks that form the majority of my fellow krauts.

Is there anything on the market of similar quality to slip-on steel toe redwings minus the redwing price point, Zig Forums? Muck boots are fine in the winter time but I need something that doesn't make my feet and ankles want to die in the summer.

You can use dish detergent, but you have to thoroughly rinse it out and let the leather dry after.
Make sure to oil it after it's dry with this:
I've found the best way to apply that Huberd's Shoe Grease is to heat the can in a water bath and use a tooth brush to scrub it into the leather.

I gave up on the minimal boot after I figured out it was overpriced bullshit for what I wanted. I got a pair of pic related for cheap and it's working out fine.
When the treads wear down I can grind the sole and use contact adhesive to resole.

Attached: 3596108-3-4x.jpg (1920x1440, 379.25K)

Has anyone had any experience with Aku Spiders? I don't care about the navy seal angle, I've just heard good things in passing and that they have no goretex. I fucking can't stand goretex or any other kind of waterproofing as they never breath right and I have very sweaty feet.