Why do so many Muslims name their kids Muhammad, but almost no Christians name theirs Jesus?

Why do so many Muslims name their kids Muhammad, but almost no Christians name theirs Jesus?

Also, if a man named Muhammad converts to Christianity is he required to change his name?

Attached: images (16).jpeg (426x345, 14.55K)

Because He has the name above all other names, we don't name children after Him as a sign of respect.
Unless you're Mexican or something.
I don't think they'll make him change his name from Mohammad to something, but they might give him a Christian name.

Because Jesus wasn't just a prophet - it would be the Muslim equivalent of them naming their kid Allah Khan

Is Jesus a popular name in Mexico? You know why?

If I recall correctly, it's in the top ten favorite names for babies.
As for why, I would imagine there's a mixture of superstition (if I name my kid Jesus, he'll be great), misunderstanding of the sanctity of Jesus' name, cultural Catholicism, or some other factor.

If MLK had converted to Catholicism, he'd have his initials changed to MK.

Attached: nintchdbpict000156798903.jpg (749x959, 67.11K)

To Muslims Mohammad was the perfect man and the example for all to follow.
He could just go by Mo after his conversion

Yep, in most south american countries Jesus is a popular name altought it seems that the trend is fading away lately.

Latin American does

It's just dumb you don't see Christians naming their kids Jesus just like you don't see Jews naming their kids Satan. Muslims are just a strange bunch.

Latin America. Lots and lots of Jesuses. Also, Muslims name their kids Muhammad because he was just their prophet. Just a dude, not a higher being. Also, a lot of Muslims name their kid Isa - their word for Jesus.

Kek, maybe the Muslim convert would want a Christian name, given what he would probably have come to realize about Mo at that point.

I know a middle easterner named Mohammed, he does in fact go by Mo. Don't know his religious affiliation though.

Only the Hispanics. It's extremely rare to see someone with the first name "Jesus" in Portuguese Latin America. Surnames are more common, but mostly are "of Jesus" so kinda makes sense.

In LatAm, names used to be religious related. Either a character from the Bible or something, like Conception. Lately, people prefer Anglo names tho

In Greece the name Christos is very popular which is Christ in Greek

lol you must not live near Mexico

Jesus isn't the correlative to Muhammad - Mary is.

How many Catholic women are named Mary or have Maria as their middle name?

Because Jesus is God, the name itself was given to him by the angel Gabriel who was commissioned to announce the incarnation of Jesus to the Blessed Virgin. The name is much too holy to be given to mere sinners like us born in original sin who need Jesus as our Lord and savior.

No.

We really need a convert to become Saint Muhammad and clean that name.

Isn't it a privilage given by the Pope to the Spanish kingdom for their deed for the Church, hence they're allowed to give their children the name of the Lord??