Debt Insolvency In America, And Where To Avoid It

There is a new map going around exposing the most expensive cities in the US to live. 4 out of 5 of the most costly places to are in Commiefornia (go figure).

These are not ordinary "million dollar homes", but regular middle class homes that cost $1 million or more to live in. This is due to massive debt insolvency, unpunished corruption within the market place and local governments as well as too much beurocracy which kills industry and growth.

Here are the Top 10 MOST EXPENSIVE cities to live in the US today:

Rank | City | % of $1mm homes | Median home price
#1 | San Jose, CA | 53.81% | $1,069,000
#2 | San Francisco, CA | 40.03% | $891,000
#3 | Los Angeles, CA | 17.23% | $622,000
#4 | New York, NY |11.81% | $454,000
#5 | San Diego, CA | 10.55% | $563,000
#6 | Seattle, WA | 9.90% | $461,000
#7 | Boston, MA | 7.95% | $459,000
#8 | Washington, DC | 5.27% | $395,000
#9 | Miami, FL | 3.79% | $267,000
#10 | Denver, CO | 2.65% | $391,000

archive.fo/QTuRz
visualcapitalist.com/map-22-cities-1-million-homes/

Comparing against incomes, of course, is important. It's surely easy to find places where home prices are at rock-bottom levels — in places with depressed economies.

In this case, however, we'll be looking at incomes in relation to housing prices, and it is not at all a given that places with good job markets must also have unaffordable housing.

Texas, for example, has for years had a substantial amount of employment growth. Yet according to the Brookings report, the state has numerous metro areas with "low" and "very low" price-income ratios on housing.

The focus here is on middle-income families, and on for-purchase housing. Low-income households and renters face a different set of challenges, but even middle-income households may daily be told through the media that housing in the United States is quickly becoming unaffordable. Except those articles and news clips tend to focus on housing in places like Seattle, or along the California coast. And there's no arguing with the assertion that places like that are "unaffordable" for many middle-income people.

And as the Brooking article notes, and as I've noted, the lack of affordability in places like California can often be blamed on state and local government measures designed to limit the construction and diversification of housing. Zoning laws and other regulatory barriers to new housing production have decimated housing affordability of housing in many coastal cities. Cities like San Francisco and Seattle have essentially become playgrounds for the wealthy in which existing homeowners fight tooth and nail any attempt to allow sizable amounts of new housing construction. They do this, they tell us, to preserve "the character of the neighborhood." But what they're really doing is using government regulations to drive up the prices on their own real estate, while driving lower-income people further and further out into the periphery. Oh sure, these Progressive guardians of the local "quality of life" might allow a handful of subsidized housing units to be built. After all, somebody has to make your cappuccino or do your dry cleaning. But the overall effect is to ensure few people can afford to move in.

This issue, however, is far less prominent in the un-stylish cities of the interior where city officials still welcome new construction and new housing — and where there's a greater abundance of less-expensive land.

archive.fo/E5Jcu
zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-11/governments-have-destroyed-housing-affordability-many-placesbut-some-refuges-remain

Attached: Debt Insolvency In America, And Where To Avoid It 1.jpg (1070x1742, 671.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/rFlTB
zerohedge.com/news/2018-01-05/americans-are-ditching-these-five-states-record-numbers
thefederalistpapers.org/us/u-haul-index-shows-people-fleeing-liberal-states
cheatsheet.com/culture/nobody-wants-to-live-in-this-expensive-overpopulated-city-anymore.html
fee.org/articles/so-many-people-are-fleeing-the-san-francisco-bay-area-its-hard-to-find-a-u-haul
cnbc.com/2018/03/19/californians-fed-up-with-housing-costs-and-taxes-are-fleeing-state.html
sparkrental.com/new-data-shows-americans-fleeing-high-tax-states/
aol.com/article/finance/2018/04/10/americans-are-fleeing-5-states-to-avoid-income-tax-rates/23408101/
zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-05/top-50-us-cities-people-are-leaving-droves
lombardiletter.com/u-s-citizens-fleeing-big-cities-reflect-troubled-u-s-economy-2017/10046/
usatoday.com/story/money/economy/2018/07/05/cities-americans-abandoning-population-migration/35801453/
zerohedge.com/news/2018-04-25/great-exodus-americas-blue-cities-accelerates
archive.fo/vbkbW
web.archive.org/web/20180906204050/https://8ch.net/prepare/res/40.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Apparently surging violent crime, massive tax hikes and insolvent public pensions are bad for attracting new residents…who knew? On the other hand, 364 days of sunshine per year, minimal crime, brand new infrastructure and some of the lowest tax rates in the country seems to be, to our complete shock, somewhat appealing to folks looking to relocate.

But that is just a couple of many interesting takeaways to be gleaned from the latest annual "U.S. Migration Report" from North American Moving Services which found that Illinois was the most ditched state in 2017.

A quick review of the data above, combined with the more comprehensive domestic migration map below, reveals a few other interesting themes:

1. People continue to flee the indebted, pension ponzi burdened liberal states of America in record numbers, with Illinois, Connecticut, New Jersey and California all ranking at the very top of the most ditched states of 2017.

2. The natural migratory pattern of New England and California's liberal elitists seems to be toward cheaper and lower taxed states in the Southeast and Western portions of the country… go figure.

Of course, this data from North American shouldn't come as much of a surprise as we recently noted that Illinois lost a staggering ~125,000 residents in aggregate, or roughly 1 man/woman/child every 4.3 minutes for the entire year of 2017.

In fact, recent Census Bureau numbers also confirmed that the mass exodus from Illinois was the largest of any state in the country with lower taxed, lower cost of living states like Texas and Florida posting the biggest gains.

archive.fo/rFlTB
zerohedge.com/news/2018-01-05/americans-are-ditching-these-five-states-record-numbers

Attached: Debt Insolvency In America, And Where To Avoid It 2.png (619x479, 162.14K)

A normal middle class home should cost no more than $200,000 today. The average middle class home 40 years ago was about $70K to $80K and would take about 20 years to pay off a mortgage. Now days its ridiculously overpriced in most cities across the US, fortunately some states are still "backwards" (less progressive) and you can still find affordable homes.

Attached: Debt Insolvency In America, And Where To Avoid It 3.jpg (858x237, 33.62K)

This is something the establishment is really concerned about (people are fleeing high taxes states in droves):

thefederalistpapers.org/us/u-haul-index-shows-people-fleeing-liberal-states
cheatsheet.com/culture/nobody-wants-to-live-in-this-expensive-overpopulated-city-anymore.html
fee.org/articles/so-many-people-are-fleeing-the-san-francisco-bay-area-its-hard-to-find-a-u-haul
cnbc.com/2018/03/19/californians-fed-up-with-housing-costs-and-taxes-are-fleeing-state.html
sparkrental.com/new-data-shows-americans-fleeing-high-tax-states/
aol.com/article/finance/2018/04/10/americans-are-fleeing-5-states-to-avoid-income-tax-rates/23408101/
zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-05/top-50-us-cities-people-are-leaving-droves
lombardiletter.com/u-s-citizens-fleeing-big-cities-reflect-troubled-u-s-economy-2017/10046/
usatoday.com/story/money/economy/2018/07/05/cities-americans-abandoning-population-migration/35801453/
zerohedge.com/news/2018-04-25/great-exodus-americas-blue-cities-accelerates

A toast to Johnny.

Attached: here's to johnny.png (1920x1080, 1.61M)

NICE REPORTING, JOHNNY

total news bump

ultra

bumping real news

I'd never want to live in any of these shitty cities as they are all shitholes with over 25% non-white populations, so stay far away.

Cities are ridiculously expensive and crime infested, I don't know why anyone would want to live in them when you could go learn a trade and work somewhere outside a major city in a low tax area and make a decent living doing so.

The average middle class home is around $1,000,000 in Commiefornia! This has to do with really, really bad economic policies. God damn, when I took out a mortgage loan I was able to pay it off in a little over 20 years, priced around 90K (and its a decent sized middle class home away from the major cities).

confirmed actual

a c t u a l

BUMP FOR TRUTH!

1) Learn a trade, a skill. Its cheap. You go to vocational school (also known as a trade school).

2) You find a nice small town or area away from the major cities (make sure the taxes are LOW, make sure mortgages/rents are cheaper too!) and scope out all the businesses and jobs available to you. Find a place you can UTILIZE that skill, that trade you learned.

3a) Get a job, and tell the employer you will work hard. And DO work hard. Use what trade you were taught and learn from other workers too. Don't bitch and complain, just do what you need to do. Make some money. 3b) In the meantime find a low cost rental home, or apply for a cheap mortgage loan (something you know you can pay off!). Keep working and pay off your debts as time goes on, save some cash.

4) Cut down on expenses: purchase drive a used care, get rid of the cable TV bill, don't excessively spend on BS, go to Good Will (or some other cheap store) to buy your clothing (you do not need to dress fancy!), eat healthy, exercise and avoid med-pushers. Also to save money, biggest ripoff of all time and you don't even need it! the iPhone! Ditch it and save big bucks! You can get a $20 per month phone bill with a burner phone or old flip phone, or a jitterbug phone! This will save your ass a TON of money!

If you follow these steps you should do just fine! Our country isn't completely wrecked (unlike Hellinois or Commiefornia!)

This is something they don't want you knowing for sure.

REAL

OP does not know the difference between value and price.

Why not just save your old smartphone and stick the SIM in it, that’s what I do. Don’t ever turn in your phone to the company just so they can make you pay for another one after you paid most of the old one. I’ve either sold my old phones myself or kept them for when I need them.

I would never ever give them my SIM card or phone after purchase. If it breaks down, I drill holes through it and throw it away. Then I'll purchase another cheap flip phone (or burner). Typically those cheap phones last a couple years. It might be a good idea to get a dozen of them (while they are still on the market).

30 Highest Paying Trade School Jobs and Vocational School Careers.mp4

Attached: 30 Highest Paying Trade School Jobs and Vocational School Careers.mp4 (640x360, 8.59M)

Top Ten Cheapest States In America 2017 - 2018.mp4

Attached: Top Ten Cheapest States In America 2017 - 2018.mp4 (640x360, 8.32M)

actual news

anti-slide 1

I made a new thread @ >>>/prepare/ all about how to get jobs and save money considering so many Americans no longer get the proper education or reliable information they need in life. Likely planned that way.

HOW TO GET A DECENT PAYING JOB AND SAVE MONEY: >>>/prepare/40 | archive.fo/vbkbW
web.archive.org/web/20180906204050/https://8ch.net/prepare/res/40.html

Been taking saving seriously for only 2.25 years now but I can offer some advice to people just getting started. My investments are all self managed and simplified, and my account structure has gone through a lot of evolution until it started to fully serve my needs today. Income is only 50k.

Attached: progress_savings.PNG (1752x864, 116.16K)

Stashing money away in your 401K can increase your savings over time, but be very aware and cautious: if there is ever a serious financial crisis (whether its in your state, or nationwide) politicians and banks have already colluded to rip off savers via "bail-ins" by confiscating a portion of your savings and bank deposits to bailout their insolvent institutions. The safest storage would be some physical holdings of silver or extra basic essentials to mitigate a crisis (which will never lose value).

If you think I'm kidding just ask the people of Greece or Brazil. Those were test runs.

sage denied

Attached: 1531972906258.png (1029x1000, 1.04M)

I would NEVER want to live in that overpriced, crime-ridden corrupt leftist no-fun-allowed shithole.

By the way, middle class homes do not equate with being "rich", your actually being plucked for your savings. Average homes should not cost more than $200,000 (most shouldn't cost near that even). If your paying a lot of money for a middle class home, your being swindled.

You retard. If you buy a $500,000 house in CA, you are going to be able to sell it for at least that much. Houses around you only cost $150K because no one wants to live there, and you're not making any money when you sell it anyways. The housing market crash was more of a temporary dip in places like CA, as housing prices continue to rise year after year. It's about supply and demand. Limited supply and high demand = high prices. High supply and low demand = low prices (e.g. your shithole city)

Hahaha! If your in the real estate market and planning to buy and sell then its a great idea. I'm not talking about sitting on overpriced homes to make a few extra grand off of. I'm talking about affordable housing for a family, somewhere you can live where they don't rip your ass off. And my town is no 'dump' either, its a great town: low taxes, low crime rates and nice hard working people and you can easily go camping or fishing around the local area. If that's not good enough for someone then they're either greedy or spoiled.

I love how leftists in the inner cities scream "we need affordable housing blah blah blah!"… yet they never stop to think that they're not getting that because they live in a giant metropolitan area which is notoriously overpriced due to greedy real estate shysters. Hey, I got an idea, maybe they should move out of those overpriced cities, learn a trade and get a real productive job like the rest of us "backwards" town folks. There's your damn affordable housing: the very lifestyle they seem so afraid of though. Maybe they just like living all crowded together?

Not true, what we saw was nothing, next big crash will affect housing prices and everything else. We don't have the shekels for bail outs and in the case of commiefornia, once you see towns pulling a stockton circa 2019ish, prices will go down. Why? Bankrupt towns really can't afford cops and the criminals will capitalize on an unarmed, apathetic populace who hates each other.

That's another thing. If there is a fiscal collapse the last place you'd want to be is in a State like Commiefornia. Especially anywhere around those ghetto cities. I live in a low tax conservative state because 1) its not expensive, 2) we got gun rights / can stand our ground, 3) its not too populated and the crime rates are low and 4) its easier to live off the land out here if need be! When SHTF, man I'm ready for that. All these other guys sitting on overpriced homes surrounded by ghettos and negro gangs? Ohhhh shit they are in trouble if SHTF.

Forgot to add, know a few real-estate people here in CO, during the recession they damn near lost their ass. Granted they've recovered their losses but they were lucky, many more didn't. Their game plan (and mine eventually) are rentals. You get fixer-uppers, some cheap drunken mr. fix-it off craigslist, partition the home into 5-6 rooms then rent em out on a month to month lease. In libtard states like CA it makes evicting druggies and women with kids (who count a lot more in the courts out there) piss easy.

Be careful too, some of those tenants are liable to bust pipes, clog toilets and bust up dry-wall when evicted. I've heard it happen many many times before. Its a landlord's big dilemma.

They are, hence why the cheap mr. fix it. Also, screen the tenants a bit before you let em in. Back ground/credit checks etc. You also do things like charge them a partial refundable deposit, use that to cover the costs. This is why you get a fixer upper, esp. if the home was seized via drug bust it'll be cheap and considering how desperate people are for housing nowadays they won't say shit.

Also, do things like stock the house with dish soap and trash bags. Why? It gives you an excuse to randomly pop in and check on things. The guy I knew would pop in totally randomly, could be 8:00AM Monday morning or 8:45 Saturday night when people like to party.

Also, have rules like no drugs, this makes it piss easy to weed out shit people. They break the rules? Don't renew the month to month lease. If you have more than one fixer-upper rental you in essence have a revolving door of tenants, if one house get's totally trashed you write it off, rinse and repeat.

Not a bad idea at all. This is where I can see utilizing the cities to make some cash can come in handy. Hope you plan on living a bit outside the city (at least in a safer suburban area). Always make sure your ready to bug out if things go South for real, you know?

I had a maintenance guy "pop in" my apartment while I was sleeping, I punched him in the face and took his key away. I live in a state where he committed a felony by entering, so nothing happened to me

inb4 "things that didnt happen"
i wasnt being a tough guy, i was fucking scared that there was a stranger coming in my front door. it was fight or flight, and he was at the only exit. he didn't fight back so i just told him to give me the key and dont ever come back

he was there to change my a/c filter btw

Thanks, retard, now I know how much the 5 guys who do boiler engineering in this country make

It's illegal to pop in randomly without giving prior warning in all states. It's considered harassment and could allow your tenants to break their lease early with no penalty to them. I'm no lawyer, but you, sir. sound like a dumb fuck.

Thats exactly what the landlord I knew did, he had a self sustaining home/farm on the outskirts, rentals were his main business. I'm more or less going off his plan, secure an income source that enables you to live anywhere (I.E trade, medical etc.) save up, get into rentals and invest. Cities are deathtraps, profitable deathtraps.

See, there's a difference. He would sublet out rooms in a house, so the kitchen, hallways etc. were common areas. He also outlined that in the lease.

No worries, i've lived in shared housing, infact said landlord was my landlord. He liked me, I was in a bad spot due to shit family and had to lay low, I wasn't like most of the druggie shitheads he rented to so I was in the same boat. Living like that gave me insomnia for years, druggies would show up at the house in the middle of the night, i would wake up with a gun pointing at my bedroom door more than a
few times.

See above…

And look for what, an excuse to breaking the law in a way that could get you sued?

Already told you, shared housing is a little different, you're renting out rooms, the hallway and kitchen are common areas. The landlord also spelled that out in the lease, and in most states the landlord is favored. Civil court is a bitch to deal with too, been there done that.

real news bump