Pistol-packing padres: Nearly 250 priests in Philippines seek gun-carry permits

rt.com/news/430464-philippines-priests-guns-permit/

Here's the part that irks the hell out of me.

Why are modern Christians so winnie the pooh pathetic? I read shit like this and it makes me cringe so hard I end up with a aneurysm. What do you guys think about it?

Attached: 5b2bae2fdda4c86f7b8b4578.jpg (900x506, 76.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1yQNOYcQ18I
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ANWHRykgTx4&t=23s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Catholics need to remember their past if they want to survive the future. The future has no place for the weak.

Except, we have Christ's assurance He and His Church will be with us until the end of the Age.

Leave your Darwinianism behind when you speak of the true church, thank you. The Church is built on the blood of martyrs.

Theological selection when?

Mmhmm keep telling yourself that. It won't stop angry jihadis/commies/parents from killing your preists.

Lol, its only a matter of time. Pic related

Attached: there-can-be-only-one.jpg (2480x3508, 424.17K)

"And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held. 10And they cried with a loud voice, saying: How long, O Lord (holy and true) dost thou not judge and revenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11And white robes were given to every one of them one; and it was said to them, that they should rest for a little time, till their fellow servants, and their brethren, who are to be slain, even as they, should be filled up."

Our God is perfect, His justice is perfect. Have no fear.

Outside of the gun politics issue, there's another thing to consider on a nationwide basis; there's overall going to be a rise in gun use in that nation due the government of the Philippines promoting ownership for it's drug war.

Far be it from me to say if that would work or not, or rather even if that is the correct path. But I think there is a side issue to that which has been ignored; China. Recently Duterte said he would resist the PRC through force if they try to encroach on land his nation claims. China for its part has been building artificial islands all over the place, and also has been using underhanded deals to try and wrench land from other countries, to establish military ports and so on.

While priests and citizens are prey for criminals, it seems to me there is a hidden aspect to this arming drive, that these dispensations are increasingly with a view by the government there to maximize the number of resistors should China choose to invade. Naturally I cannot confirm my suspicion but it wouldn't be the first time in history a program to defend from a criminal threat would have applications in national warfare; see Themistocles.

I see no problem here. Priests were armed and even participated in wars against heathens in old days. Well…In Orthodoxy at least. I'm sure Catholicism had similar cases too.

I'm Catholic and went shooting with my priest a few weeks ago. He let me shoot his AR and he's trying to convince me to buy one while I can.

Here, I made the tats a bit more Catholics.
I don't think pedos should be armed, they should be hanged instead.

Attached: 3e1d4ea7247e2f0ecb772a5606f385a37e6d14af026824555e516739af5a0b0d.jpg (900x506, 90.24K)

Wow, that’s really contributing to the discussion.

I've been thinking. If a Shepard does not protect his flock, would that be the fault of the Shepard or would it be the fault of the flock for not watching the foxes? Not to say that killing should be encouraged, but (coming from an American that is generally scared of being near firearms) surely the Lord, even if all those who believe in Him go to Heaven, would not keep us from defending ourselves? I'm still learning of the teachings, so if I am wrong, please correct me, as I have no verses or teachings to stand on. I know Jesus once said something along the lines of turning the other cheek, but I always assumed that to be metaphorical insults, not physical attacks.

Vaya con Dios
youtu.be/1yQNOYcQ18I

Attached: Tumblr_lphq6l7pCb1qje0v1o1_400.png (400x300, 130.9K)

Tell that to the Muslim Jihad that almost took over Europe if it wasn't for Christians that weren't afraid to kill

Catholic history is a history of conflict. Time and time again, heathens have tried to bring down the Church. More people need to know about the importance of protecting themselves and their faith.

a crusading prince-knight isn't the same as a catholic priest

The fact that they weren't devout believers but covetous opportunists was probably the reason it failed. The Muslims probably had more pious believers on their side.

The only problem with contemporary clergy wanting to carry firearms would be cronies of no name organizations wanting to hop on the band wagon also and any people being accused of sexual assault using it to defend theirselves from public fury.

That's sin though. Francis says so.

Attached: F16ED68D-A2DC-46E7-AF96-D5F81C8E04D2.jpeg (492x265, 25.76K)

Guy is an agent of Satan. God doesn't want Europe to become Islamic, which it will if the invaders are not expelled.

Reported. I’m not even Catholic, but I’m sick of this pedo priest meme.

i can't believe a "pope" has such a 1dimensional mind.

Not really, most of them were devout believers, including the leaders. We can specially see this in the second crusade, and the motive it failed was because of too much spirituality and very few training and military tactics. The first crusade has records of miracles and such. The seventh and eight crusade was guided by a literal saint, but also failed.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ANWHRykgTx4&t=23s

Video related, also, a great crusade history channel.