What does Christian think of Ascetecism?

What does Christian think of Ascetecism?

Attached: images (25).jpeg (220x340, 14.61K)

Catholic and "orthodox" Christians embrace asceticism as a way to sanctify our lifes. We practise mortification of the flesh (extended fasting - bit more strict with the Easterners, but a Catholic is free to do so either, sometimes we practise self-flagellation [ONLY UNDER STRICT SUPERVISION !!!], we embrace the silence of solitude etc. etc.). A great emphasis lies on silence - outer and inner - which we try to achieve through extensive prayer, exercises, turning off everything that makes artificial noise and so on.
Also Catholic and "orthodox" Christians have rich traditions of monasti- and hermitism, although it is declining due to the overall lack of heard vocations.

Ooooo where?! Becoming more rare than dodos I hear.

Asceticism/Monasticism is unbiblical. Paul warns us against those who forbid marriage and eating (1 Timothy 4:3 KJV). Jesus clearly did not practice it as the Pharisees accused him of being a glutton and drunkard for eating and drinking (Luke 7:34 KJV). It is completely unbiblical and a 4th century invention based on a misunderstanding of grace. It should not be practiced in anyway shape or form.

Attached: 59604dbe8c21f3166661e0a0d042450edcd2d87efc541f18cc0d355db4e01b42.png (500x745, 291.58K)

Monasticism is voluntary, Paul praises celibacy.

Who cares what the Pharisees said? Fasting for 40 days is pretty ascetic.
Again, who cares? They exaggerate and lie. Drunkenness is a sin. He probably had some wine and they went full kike about it.

Pelagianism

Paul and Peter had a wife read 1 Corinthians 9:5 KJV. None of those verses you cited suggest asceticism and 1 Corinthians 7 was for the most part only relevant to the situation in Corinth read verse 26 of the KJV Bible.

Celibacy is only relevant for the kind of crises like the one in Corinth. He forbade monastic style practice and promotion of it read 1 Timothy 4:3 KJV. This means celibacy of ministers is also unbiblical. Did you know that Peter had a wife? I suggest reading Mark 1:29-31 of the KJV Bible.

Private fasting for private individual every day devotion is fine, but monastic promotion of it is against 1 Timothy 4:3 of the KJV Bible.

Never said I agree with their slander here at all for that would be blasphemy. Jesus in this verse indicates he was eating and drinking but not being a drunkard and glutton as the Pharisees slandered.

Become a KJV loving Baptist now friend, no works based salvation.

Not him, but ill tell that to any pelagian ill meet.

Yet, baptists continue to do so unceasingly. Pretty contradictory if you ask me.
Let's read the whole chapter 4 of the letter, shall we ?
Paul wars of people virtually committing apostasy (or in weaker form: heresy/-ies) by being deceived, discontinuing to follow Christ. Like gnostics, Eastern heretics like Arians and so on and so forth. Oh shock ! He means protestants, i.e., also baptists, too. Oh my, now THAT is a twist, is it ?
The chapter isn't titled false asceticism, because Paul condemns asceticism, he condemns asceticism as being taught in order to violate the true perception that everything that God made is good.
No single man is forced to reject marriage. No single man is forced to fast for more than the days of fasting obligation. No single man i forced to do anything. Everything in Eastern as well as Western monasticism and asceticism, from fasting over living in a monastery up to priestly celibacy, is voluntary.
Correct. You discern your vocation for years, you have years in seminary/university before taking any vow and then in the end you decide for it based on what you discerned with an army of priests.
You simply don't understand the implications of a life in ascesis and solitude - as practised and/or encouraged by the likes of the Apostles, John the Baptist and … wait for it … the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

*In fact, no one rejects marriage. But for a certain lifestyles, for example that of a shepherd of a flock of believers, you simply cannot raise a proper family and administer/guide said flock.

It's the backbone of Christianity and only Orthodox monks still practice it in it's original form like the desert fathers

I can't get into the protestant mind
unbiblical
totally biblical
i mean how can one actually think like that?

It's indulgence.

Attached: sola fide.jpg (1280x720 116.4 KB, 13.91M)

A Christian ascet, St. Antony the great, wrote that many people torture their body with no discernment and achieve nothing.
Asceticism without purpose is not good.

Meme for people who like to pretend to know about translations even though they only speak English.
Learn Koine Greek, idiot.

KJV isn't a bad translation just KJOers tarnish its name by using it to promote their stupid beliefs.

Also

To continue on the bandwagon, what would a baptist say to Ezekiel or John the Baptist if they met them out in the desert? Would they say they were behaving unbiblically?

That's a reasonable question. After all the KJV existed since the beginning of existence.

Here's another one from the same documentary.

Attached: saved for sure.mp4 (854x480, 6.5M)

Let's turn to 1 Timothy 3.

A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
(For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

t.I have no clue of the Church but claim that I have

You are boring cathocuck.