Is god evil?

I'll admit I'm an atheist but it's never been a set in stone thing. I can't prove God exists but I can't prove he doesn't exist, but that's not the point.

I suffer from incurable TRD (treatment resistant depression) and Bipolar 2 Disorder (periods of intense misery without the periods of mania associated with bipolar disorder). I've always had social anxiety but recently it's gotten to the point where I will break down and cry in public and need to hide in a washroom or something. Of course, I also have autism and feel completely alienated and outcasted from the rest of human society without any ability to truly connect with another individual. I have had no friends for several years and after a period of emotional abuse from my family I've abandoned them as well.

I've worked in the medical field for most of my life. I originally wanted to become a Personal Support Worker for the main reason of helping people. A few years ago I had to abandon that job because of worsening depression, and have been working minimum wage ever since because it's all I seem capable of.
Because I'm still capable of working, I'm unable to get any form of welfare for my condition, and cannot afford most of the treatments I'm on. I had about $100,000 saved but over the past decade it's dwindled down to about $20,000 and I'm seriously contemplating suicide because there is no purpose to life and very soon I won't be able to afford the medications I rely on to find the strength to get out of bed.

So here's my question for you, Zig Forums. I've been in church several times in my life and being told things like "God loves you" makes me clench my fists in rage. What kind of kind and loving god would put anyone through this? And there are people that have things much worse than I do, so what is God's plan for them? Why is he making them suffer without so much as even letting us know that, yes, he actually is out there watching us (and not so he can laugh at our misery)?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (194x260, 111.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What you are asking about is essentially the problem of evil. I can't give you a simple answer but it's something theologians have grappled with for a long time. You can read about some of the conclusions they've come to here.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil

God is not the source of suffering, but he does allow suffering to happen because persevering through suffering strengthens and enriches your soul and faith, provided you do not let the suffering overcome you. This is very important because man, being in a fallen state, needs to be strengthened in his soul and his faith. To quote Romans 5:3-4:
And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope.

When discussing the problem of evil it's important to establish that evil has no ontological substance of it's own. It is not a force opposite good, like Zoroaster taught, it is the lack of it. A lot of times when you ask Christians why evil and suffering exist they'll tell you it's because of free will. Those people are right just not in the way they think they are. They say that bad things happen because God allows people to do bad things. While that is true, that explanation doesn't fully answer the question. Evil exists because God gave humanity a choice between Him(which is all that good since God is the source of all good) and existence without him(which is to say evil.) The source of all suffering is evil and evil exists because God wanted to give a choice between Him and the lack of Him.

The first thing that needs to be considered in this question is who is God? Or, rather, who do you think that God is? If you seem to judge a criminal, you must first be fit to judge him, and to do that you cannot consider merely his acts but also his nature, his personaliy, and, most of all, his testemony. So, what do you think that we think God is, and what do YOU think God is, in nature, personality, and word?

Attached: 8cf9ee284c9bc4b475061504158c2fe5.jpg (969x606, 156.54K)

Love doesn't mean lack of discomfort.
Dumb-dumb.

Sidenote, this place has a bit of a problem with the deadly sin of wrath, or at least it's more subtle daughters. Don't let it get you down.

God is behind Satan,the epitome of evil. I say God transcends both good and evil.

You need to consider who is responsible for your life. God has absolute sovereignty but he allows others to do good or evil. The Bible says that God is love, and indeed your struggle is not new to him seeing as how there are countless men recounted in the Bible and outside the Bible who had suffered much worse and yet retained their faith in him. Have faith in him and read the Bible to get to know him.

(Mathew 7:13-14)
Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it.

He's objectively good. In Deuteronomy 30:15-16, he acknowledges responsibility for every event out there; both positive and negative. However, he acknowledges that following his docrine would guarantee a good long term outcome. In contrast, Satan's path guarantees a bad long term outcome.

Attached: 01f.jpg (400x400, 19.48K)

Watch this video.

Nonsense.

God still has complete power over satan even now.

Why?

Because God is the very essence of goodness.
You're talking pantheism, and it's not christian.

Is Elder Arsenie a living saint?

How is that pantheism?

God didn't put you through misery, and stop doing drugs

Evil only exists because God created the universe and gave His creations free will. We chose evil. He chose us. So…indirectly, yeah, God is ultimately responsible for everything. He is the Unmoved Mover, after all.
life is worth it, transcend the pain of existence and embrace the necessity of suffering to exist

Is God evil?

This is what you sound like.

You're better off not believing in him, literally permits you to have slaves and, in some cases, beat them mercilessly and not only that, if you're a Christian slave then you have to obey your Christian masters, no matter how bad the treatment is. We could deduce that the Dixie slavers are in heaven and the African slaves who rebelled against the Southerners, are in hell right now because they didn't do what the Bible told them to do and are suffering way worse in eternal torment. Amen.

no

Attached: 0b5270a9c1ca272d380571c86f359198c93b32669a458751d0a0552d5e8e936e.png (1400x2700, 584.37K)

Attached: Flips fedora.gif (500x281, 2.71M)

Attached: 4a6763ba074b5bdd21bb01ce94affec6dad4004e004b2550cce31066f6402797.jpg (640x623 80.74 KB, 144.13K)

So?

Bump, I hope you find your way. Try to remember that Christian love is not a warm fuzzy feeling. God challenges us, that is the sign of His love.

In some cases they need it.

Because that's how pantheists view shit.
They think Good and Evil are meaningless terms used by humans.
Christians do not so because God does not.

Attached: Mr and Mr Fry.jpg (640x345, 104.21K)

Why can't you people differentiate between chattel slavery and debt slavery?

Will you guys quit being such remorselessly assholes??! This guy is obviously hurting, and he needs to be shown the love of God, not be made fun of.

To be honest op, I can’t relate to what you are going through. But it’s important for you to know that God is not the one who made you that way. Some people are born with ailments due to genetic faults (result of the fall). I wish I knew what I could say to help you.

Isnt that true? God do believe creation is good right?

because their straw man would be destroyed

I understand where you're coming from. The things you are feeling are exactly what led to be a lost atheist for a large portion of my life. I couldn't understand why God would curse me with such afflictions as depression and social anxiety, as well as other, more personal, afflictions. But I came to realize that while I had some form of these since I was young, they became exponentially worse over the years since I rejected Him. We are always being tested. It's why we exist. Sometimes we have to suffer to learn a lesson. Even for years we may have to suffer. If we follow the Lord's teachings we will ultimately be blessed and he will deliver us from our trials, but if we reject him and go our own way then there is no limit to our suffering. Have faith in Him, and he will deliver you.