Post your favorite paintings/icons of the Blessed Virgin, the Mother of our Lord Jesus Christ

Post your favorite paintings/icons of the Blessed Virgin, the Mother of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Blessed Virgin Mary, pray for us. Amen.

Attached: juan diego and virgin de guadalupe.jpg (600x755 250.42 KB, 72.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9xKvdU0qgrs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 88ce9cfa4fd56028bd2b20a1fcfcd3ce7f46e7deba8c5410c815511fd5020066.png (912x1774, 2.73M)

We use this one in Lithuania.

Attached: av_pav_03.jpg (400x465, 99.22K)

Attached: Holy Mother.png (550x634, 724.72K)

Attached: 1529658063588.png (628x628, 322.72K)

oh

also inb4 someone posts the blasphemous anime ones

Attached: virgin_mary_large.jpg (329x479, 27.15K)

Attached: Draco Trump.gif (213x199, 341.25K)

Attached: 1529400000409.jpg (480x360, 11.42K)

she was just a woman, she is not God

Attached: 6e539f2cb547d96855861db1691f33d57e715494026c65f27dd5cf9d151a5f4c.jpg (660x1000 352.67 KB, 97.4K)

Attached: 4EBBDC97-EB55-4F8F-A50B-8CE93925BC4D.gif (500x500, 220.37K)

And every Saint was human too. Christ was the Son of Man. What's your point?

But Jesus also is God. None of the saints were

Baptist shitposter are here guys….

Attached: 119222c99cc4acf5aa890b0ba167acecf33e2800bb28990bf7752acf289479e0.jpeg (393x604, 49.43K)

Don't be silly

Attached: 1529507818909.jpg (258x196, 8.02K)

Ill show my respect, but I bow only to God, not some silly "holy statue" of a woman.

Attached: 1529424789365.jpg (165x202, 4.64K)

Funny how all these little demons show up wherever there's a hint a of respect for Mary

VADE RETRO SATANA

Attached: go away satan.jpg (800x572, 48.51K)

We are not Mary’s creation or the saints’ creation; they, and us, are God’s creation and God is to be worshipped and prayed to only. Only God can save us, not His creation. He can use His creation (saints, etc) to influence and help guide and lift us to Him, but He is and should be the main and sole God to worship and rely on.

Attached: d183d0bcd18fd0b3d187d0b5d0bdd0b8d0b5-d0b7d0bbd18bd185-d181d0b5d180d0b4d0b5d186.jpg (1194x1559, 576.73K)

Attached: 8a74e36cad9a4a69538e92812a40851f08a55c250d9811cc213370b9a243f661.png (801x814, 265.31K)

Mods please ban all Baptist shitposters in this thread. They're promoting Nestorianism by denying the Mother of our Lord the title "Theotokos" so they divide Jesus into two persons. This was condemned at the Council of Ephesus in 431 A.D. Baptists break board rule 3 by promoting Nestorianism.

Attached: images.jpg (193x261, 10.98K)

1. No we don't
2. I don't care what some council said

Yes you do because by denying Mary as Mother of God you deny that Jesus is God in the flesh and proclaim Jesus and the pre-incarnate Word to be two separate persons only united by way of grace rather than hypostatically. Therefore you are proclaiming two Sons and deny the reality of the incarnation.

I know because you're heretics.

Attached: virgin-mary-the-eternal-bloom-serigraph-orthodox-icon-with-stand-32.jpg (676x850, 456.14K)

Amazing how one single title for Mary has major implications regarding the divinity of Christ and how one views it. Thank you. Defend Mary against these Baptist heretics.

Ok first of all that is a basic railing accusation, and second of all your accusation is only meant to compensate for the fact that your leaders seek to deny the eternal pre-existence of the Lord Jesus Christ. This is to set the record straight.

Ephesians 3:9
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

N E S T O R I A N I S M

Slander all you want Baptist heretic.

And it's not an accusation but the logical conclusion for denying Mary as the Mother of God. You are denying the incarnation of Christ and promoting Nestorianism. Denying the Theotokos leads to that.

Attached: cross-eyed-steve-buscemi.jpg (327x327, 24.06K)

Typical Catholic behavior.
You dont know what that word means you simply use it when someone tells you are worshiping mary by using a strawman to take the spotlight off your idolatry. Also are you using the "Theotokos" title to justify your sin?

Attached: 1529555674614.jpg (230x299, 45.42K)

Serious question to the Baptists itt, does bowing in of itself constitute an act of worship?

>mfw baptist actually believe the KJV Bible is God youtube.com/watch?v=9xKvdU0qgrs

You don't understand the doctrinal implications of not venerating Mary as the Mother of God. Know why? Because you have no theology and you have no history. All you can do is shout,

Attached: 80c.png (645x729, 58.28K)

My theology is the word of God and my history is my brothers and sisters who have died following God's law, Killed, by the Catholic church and other such evils. I have studied the church fathers and the Catholic church, and all manners of heresy and I can say without a doubt that not only do Catholics bow down to statues of men and women and pray to anything but the God in heaven, they also believe in a works salvation, they have executed Christians who dont bow to the pope, they have tortured Christians for not praying to mary and there other pagan gods, I pray brother, that you will read and meditate on the bible and read Catholic doctrine and history unfiltered that you may know the truth.

Attached: 96cf849c3def9b4b2ba5c0efa7ff3fe0ce3e8d9c012e3a058ee726be37a4f733.jpg (1564x907, 689.83K)

No you haven't, sit down you did no such thing.
Baptists worship the bible, or venterate, whichever sounds more (((kosher))) for you.

Attached: Steven ''KJV is my God'' Anderson.webm (1280x720, 8.33M)

Can a baptist clarify about what Pastor Steven Anderson means by this?

All you can do is slander and project, I hope you will one day compare Catholic doctrine to the bible and find the truth.

sola scriptura is not biblical

Attached: Steven_Anderson.mp4 (1280x720, 13.91M)

Saying that the Words of God are God, in a way they are since they did come from him, Thank God he isnt bowing down to it or anything. Heres some bible.

Take that as you will.

Okay keep following the Catholics.

I'm not a catholic.

Attached: saved for sure.mp4 (854x480, 6.5M)

The 'Word' in John 1:1 is Christ, not the bible.

Okay.

Correct.

Not sure where I did this, although I think Catholic and orthodox mass is wrong.
………The KJV is now the book of hell? Im not sure I understand.
Not an arguement, also I didn't "bully" anyone.
Ummmm…I wouldn't call something that's not in the bible the word of God, but they are very Good books on theology and the bible.

It's the common theme I get when I end up arguing with Baptist. If it doesn't apply to you I'm sorry but covering my bases.
Unless you're going to tell me the scribe who wrote it is a Saint then yes.
Again this only applies to IFB people, so sorry.
Well they had their burning bush moment and the Holy Spirit guided them.
I'm sorry for being mean, the two comments above directed at the IFB who usually stir the pot and try to rile people up.

Do you only read Catholic material? Have you compared your denom with others? To find the one that follows the bible best? then again, if you only trust and read a defiled bible then I guess I cant help you.
Also did they take Deuteronomy out of the bible to make sure you dont question what you are doing? Or maybe they have a footnote with some kind of loophole. I Choose the KJV because I looked into it, have you looked into your Catholic bible and seen both arguements?

Attached: 1529388924848.jpg (250x250, 6.16K)

I don't trust the KJV because it's the definitive defiled bible.

Not really a painting, but more of a photo

Attached: Melania-Mary.jpg (478x715, 88.7K)

I can try, I understand the basic point he was trying to make. But first off, he made a mistake by saying "It's the Bible" because people will definitely take it the wrong way and it's actually misleading. But we are all fallible, and I don't think he normally says this or believes it.

But the point here is that Logos isn't some fancy word that has a different definition from the word "word" because it is used that way consistently. The person of the Lord Jesus Christ is rightly known as the Word of God because like John 1 says all things were made by him.

2 Peter 3:5: For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Hebrews 1:1-2: God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Hebrews 11:3: Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Colossians 1:16: For by him were all things created,

Revelation 3:14: And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

There are a lot of scriptures relating to this, but if you read 1 John 1:1-2 in particular you will notice how John says that the life was manifested and he saw it and bare witness. But notice that again he is called the Word of life, which they have looked upon and their hands have handled.

In other words what you get from this is that Jesus Christ is the manifestation of the word that God spoke. How exactly that is I don't understand, but it's what scripture keeps saying: The Word was manifest in the flesh. And it's the only explanation for John 6 where at the end Jesus said to the disciples: "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." You will remember that earlier he said "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you." Well it turns out according to what John 6:63 says this means they must eat his words, which are his flesh, because he is indeed the manifestation of the word of God. If his words do not abide in you, then according to John 6:53 you have no life in you. Statements to this effect are repeated many times, (e.g. John 15:7; John 14:6 & John 17:17; 1 John 1:10; Matthew 4:4; John 6:68; Philippians 2:9 & Psalm 138:2; John 12:48.) That's the basic point anyway.

bls resbond

I truly do feel for Melania. She is married to a twiced divorced sinner and has had an incredibly grueling post thrust upon her. I hope that she goes to confession regularly, as all catholics must, and may God shed his graces upon her.

Thank you mods. It's time these Baptist shitposters be put in their place.

Clean up the thread from the derailment. Apologizes to this poster, , accidentally deleted photo during the process.

Based mod. Thank you.

Ty. I imagine the heretics don't take kindly to you, but I also imagine Mary does. May her Son bless you.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (2362x1886, 7.59M)

Just to set the record straight in this thread, your post is a railing accusation. And the accusation is meant to deflect attention away from the fact that your leaders seek to deny the eternal pre-existence of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 3:9
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

MODS!!!

I'm just replying to the post. Is that ok?

You're clearly here to just shit up this thread some more after it was already cleanedup from the pile of shit posts you left before. Stay in your own lane, why don't ya? We don't come to your threads and shit everywhere. But whenever there's a Catholic thread you always take the opportunity to shit everywhere and derail it.

I'm allowed to set the record straight against people directly accusing me. I didn't mean to get into an argument with anyone, just to let the record be straight.

You're the ones accusing us falsely of idolatry the entire thread, in OUR thread. This was the most innocent thread too just to post some icons we enjoyed and you come here and just DESTROY EVERYTHING!

Get out Baptist heretic your shit posts derail everything!

No salvation inside the Catholic church

Here user, some photos I have to make you feel better.

Attached: 4E0888F0-2EAF-406A-9F07-5CF33BC58239.jpeg (800x1006 365.71 KB, 120.04K)

Attached: eugène-alexis-girardet-flight-into-egypt.jpg (736x573 358.25 KB, 302.99K)

How many times does this have to be explained??? I'm not even Catholic, but I'm sick of seeing you whining winnie the poohs in every Virgin Mary thread. Bowing and kissing are not inherently acts of supreme worship. They are primarily signs of respect. If someone were to rip a picture of your mother apart, I guess that is okay with you because "lol it's just a picture."

An image is a representation of an entity. Therefore, what you do to the image is an indication of how you feel about the entity that the image represents. What's so hard to understand about that???

Brilliant response. Anyone who objects to the phrase "Mother of God" is theologically challenged. First off, a mother is not the same thing as a creator. A mother can only bring forth the body of a person, but the soul is created by God. When people say that Mary is the Mother of God, that is simply saying that Mary's body produced the physical part of Jesus' human. It's almost like these people (most likely Baptists) can't think abstractly.

Can you call John the Baptist the "Baptizer of God?"

Your own mouth condemns you, bnostic (Baptist + Gnostic). The Nicene Creed states the following:

For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit he was born of the Virgin Mary, and became man.

Are you denying the incarnation? If so, you shouldn't even be here.

There's literally nothing wrong with saying John was the "Baptizer of God"

Lmao, it's okay to send prayers to and V E N E R A T E Jesus' Mom and call her "The Mother of God", but its not okay to call John the Baptist "The Baptizer of God".

Its like these catholics are denying Jesus' Divinity and John's place as God's baptizer. But im pretty sure John would be awfully upset with us if we started to send him prayers and not God.

He said there's nothing wrong with that

Are you illiterate or a foreigner? He said the exact opposite. Take a winnie the pooh English class, moron.

Actually that's the cover story. They actually teach that Jesus Christ came into existence. If you try to object to this and say that He always existed, they just start making railing accusations because they don't even deny it. It's not a brilliant response, it's just a railing accusation that hopes you don't notice the fact they are actively denying the eternal pre-existence. That's why they are afraid to even answer and why only my posts were deleted.

Talk about being dishonest. People are pissed at you because you are deliberately twisting what is being said.

This user clearly talks about the pre-incarnate Word. How the hell is that denying the pre-existence of God?

Attached: c03e579dac8b317aed34320cb47b6447cfe6b6922527d63f58b2ef4344777138.jpg (687x472, 31.93K)

:3

Attached: Virgin's_first_seven_steps.jpg (2304x3456, 4.72M)

Absolutely. God was also crucified and suffered on the cross. Have you never read Philippians 2:6-8?

Have you never read 2 Corinthians 8:9?

Away with you Nestorian heretic! Anathema! Anathema! Anathema!

Attached: 8fa03df9e22879b653b7e69c18fb33bf.png (650x366, 167.63K)

The Popes of Rome are not the inheritors of St. Peter.
The whole Church is the royal steward, as doctrine was defined by ecumenical COUNCILS and not by the Pope.

Please don’t start, just post Icons of the Virgin.

The thread has been cleaned up yet again. Any further attempts to derail this thread into arguments about denominations and/or the role of Mary will face extended bans.

So if I post with drawings will it be allowed to respond to the accusations being made itt? I guess that's what withheld other accusatory posts from being deleted. Make false charges behind an icon and you're good to go.

Someone should make an iconoclasm sticky faq because this debate is really getting tiresome. Nobody wants to hear you screech about muh idolatry.

Attached: 6E33BB32-612C-4C68-A885-E4543177D9B4.jpeg (1098x2048, 1.1M)