Amy Coney Barret

I'm following the supreme court happenings and it seems that one Amy Coney Barret might end up becoming a supreme court judge. She's Catholic, which made me hopeful at first, but then I read that she's part of a cult-like charismatic group called People of Praise. They're apparently an ecumenical group that accepts members from any Christian denomination, who supposedly pledge loyalty to the group. This honestly sounds very disturbing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_of_Praise

Attached: Peopleofpraise.jpg (534x712 11.33 KB, 38.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.li/6oGAT
catholicculture.org/culture/library/dictionary/index.cfm?id=35965
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Coney_Barrett#Personal_life
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

As long as she's a Christian and votes conservative, I really don't care

Good, we need our own Christian secret societies to out-Illuminati these sick winnie the poohs.

What is that replacing?

Sounds like Zig Forums

Attached: as he strikes you.mp4 (720x404, 774.71K)

winnie the poohs

fuggs

I dunno I have discomfort with charismatics but maybe it can be done right? I mean there's an element of truth, and if discernment is applied, can it be done right?

All conservative justices except Gorsuch (episcopalian) are Catholic so I'd say this woman will work out.

what the meow… thanks for sharing this user. wow what a heads up. can you share this info with r/catholicism? this is bad news. UGH I THOUGHT SHE WAS A GOOD CAT

MREOW

yeah you have a point as long as she is anti baby murder the rest is on her. in these twisted days we should take what we can.

Attached: ba23993d5f680d3ea697a83ad10cc6b45d33543a7558f76961b98ee5da4d3fa3.gif (758x696, 101.86K)

I'm surprisingly ok with this

Attached: 1508555054218.jpg (435x269, 16.44K)

Huffington Post is releasing the salt already. The amount of pretension in the title alone is mind-blowing.
archive.li/6oGAT

Attached: Screenshot (56).png (1047x544, 284.42K)

Catholic's becoming more charismatic and embracing gifts of the spirit sounds like a good thing to me.

That title is hilarious

We live in bizarro world

If it has a wikipedia page, it's not a "secret" society.

The issue with most female judges/leaders is that they easily cave to social pressure. However, this doesn't seem to be the case for her.

I would tell her to look up the bible, but I'm reminded that these leftist bloggers live on making things up.

AHAHAHA this alone is worth it :D

dude was so charismatic man was bleeding from his hands man you don't get more than that

st. augustine and his mama st. monica (pray for us) would have visions together and stuff. most of the church fathers had next level visions and ecstasies. most of our saints, even though they got stuff done, like st. joan of arc, were also crazy mystics as well. it's the new batch of saints which are weak, have openly pronounced heresy (like st. john paul II, let st. john the baptist bless islam… how freaking disgusting is that… i suppose i have to believe that he was forgiven for it). obviously our lord said there is the least in heaven, so it's possible super bad people made it in anyways, their lives are in no way a reflection of the lords mercy. but basically all throughout our churches history we have had the most amazing mystical saints. i really feel this is the hard times for the church.

If it wasn't for the fact that charismatics basically throw everything that makes the Catholic Church the "Catholic Church" so they can get along with Protestants who happen to hate the Catholic Church.

It's hard to call those people Catholic.

Why would she do that if she's from the former Yugoslavia?

That is definitely a clear enunciation of Trent Eucharistic theology, and not Protestant Eucharistic theology.

Earlier saints had some heretical viewpoints too. Augustine thought the Theophanies were holograms and one of them(I think it might have been Clement) said that Jesus was neither male nor female. They became saints in spite of that, though.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Unlikely that a conservative justice will be confirmed.

She also adopted 2 Haitian children. She is a typical virtue signaling woman who will not be able to handle the social ostracization that comes with being a conservative on the court. The media attacks and not getting invited to mixers in DC will break her and she'll be voting for affirmative action, fag cakes, and open borders in no time. We need a straight, white male, Christian.

She's not a white nationalist for sure, but I am concerned about her succumbing to social pressure. A lot of them fold easily like Trump's wife and daughter, but there are a few exceptions like Ann Coulter. I can only pray for her to have the strength to resist the left's backlash.

Slovenia is Catholic in majority

Well that's splitting hairs a bit, if they're engaged in secretive behavior not acknowledged to broader society outside of their organizations then I'd imagine that's what most people mean by secret society. If the bilderbergers and masons don't qualify because you've heard of them, then who rightly does? Only edgy teen "Satanists" who meet once a week to try out spells they found on /x/?

Reading the OP I was cautiously optimistic about her, but reading about the adoptions, I'm now 100% sure she won't be Trump's pick. Does anyone imagine that he'll nominate someone with a vested interest AGAINST the central plank of his platform? If you think Trumps that dumb, you're either watching too much CNN or are too enthralled with the 1488D hyperchess theory.

How could the Dems hope to stall it? He got the honourable judge Gorsuch through

I would prefer a man tbh. Women are too emotional to make great judges.

this isn't Zig Forums dude, how is caring for children un-christian?

its virtue signaling. there are tigger babies that need help in our OWN country. what reason would she have to go out and adopt some children from another country, if it wasn't because she was virtue signaling? i knew there was something fishy about her and this just confirms it

What do you think about James 2 and 2 Cor 8?

1 Timothy 2
12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

and where is "virtue signalling" a sin? Would Christ condemn a woman for taking care of children? Would you compare her to a Jew being a hypocrite in public?

Using Scripture to fight against a candidate that may save children? Satan, is that you?

James martin is that you?

where in the bible does it say eating your own turds is a sin?

Politics plays a role in the selection of new saints.

Attached: Santo-Subito-duo1.jpg (720x960, 156.32K)

lmao

Now read what the Church, the Bible and various Saints have been throughout the history saying about: 1. helping those in need 2. rash judgement. It's not a "modernist worldview", it has alwsys been a very constant and important part of the Church teaching.

Yes, the particular people concerned here aren't from her country - and? They still need help, and giving it to them is a good thing to do, even when it's given by people from other countries. And assuming that whoever does this is just virtue signalling adds to this the sin of rash judgement.

Where does God say to abandon the little children? Vade retro satana.

You cannot be as far away from scripture than you are right now.

Who said that? i just went and read the church fathers commentary of james 2, which is what prompted me to accuse him of misinterpretation. A weathly, highly educated person adopting two children thousands of miles away, while there are starving children right outside her neighborhood is not the same as judging someone based on whether they are rich or poor. I assume he was accusing me of showing favoritism when that is exactly what Amy coney barret is doing and why i even commented in the first place.

HAHAHAHA resorting to ad hominems now james martin?

I WIN

BTFO

*DABS*

wow, so we cannot help anyone around the world because of proximity? where does Christ say this?

you're a citizen of the world, not of heaven.

repent

Where did i say this, James?

But again: what does it matter that there are other poor than the ones she decides to help? Why can't she help a poor person from some other country? Would it be evil of me to, say, give money to a charity that helps the poor in India, only because they don't live close to me?

But it's still a sure accusation someone of sin (namely vanity, which is what virtue signalling is) without enough proof. There can be a thousand reasons why they adopted these kids, and which aren't vanity. Assuming that every rich person who adopts a kid from some other country doesn't actually care about this kid and is just showing off - that absolutely is rash judgement.

catholicculture.org/culture/library/dictionary/index.cfm?id=35965

The point is they are just doing it to appear righteous and progressive, not to help anyone. If they wanted to help they wouldn't publically trumpet these two adoptees from Haiti and parade themselves around like virtuous little pharisees, they would be using it to save ten times as many local children who need help right here. But the fact is they couldn't care less about anything but appearances. Matthew 6:1-4.

Attached: aidsskrillex.jpg (680x821, 62.74K)

No thanks.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Coney_Barrett#Personal_life

Attached: 084.png (300x256, 101.83K)

Right here.

1 Timothy 5:8

8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Stop contributing to the epidemic of churches sending untold amounts of money overseas. That money needs to be spent in OUR communities. No amount of money is going to help Africa. We've been trying for 100s of years and there is not only NO improvement, but our enemies are using their population as a bio weapon AGAINST our countries and our faith.

Where does God say only by ignoring scripture and putting a woman in authority over Man can we stop abortions?

Attached: IMG_20180430_005905_245.jpg (768x752, 52.72K)

Pretty funny how Catholics will whine about Protestants splitting hundreds of ways but then will form cultish cliques like People of Praise and Opus Dei

You do realize you can do both take care of your own AND help others, right?

Charismatic sects are forming in denominations across the board. As we get closer to the end times I believe we are seeing a more intimate bond forming between God and his believers.

It's satanic. So-called charismatics are simply demon possessed, they aren't speaking a foreign language. And it's meant as a mockery of the Holy Spirit and of what the inspired word of God actually says. As you just ignore it.

not even comparable

I grew up closely affiliated with People of Praise. They try to live close together and they operate more or less as a community. Ask me if you have more detailed questions, I don't remember what information is relevant. They have official vatican recognition so their anti-marian tendencies (pandering to protestants) apparently hasn't gone too far.

You do realize you can quote a post AND respond to it's content right?

He literally gave examples of how popular "charity" is at best useless, and at worst helps harm our own communities which are neglected.

But I guess liberals love to be willfully obtuse and argue like jews.

I'd rather all the money a church raises for a mission trip to build a church in the third world be spent instead giving every child in the congregation braces for example.

Continue in the sin (usurpation of created sexual hierarchy) that made modern Moloch worship possible just to have the slight possibility of the US Supreme Court allowing states to ban said Moloch worship to a certain extent? Sounds good to me!

Woe to the wicked! It shall be ill with him,
for what his hands have dealt out shall be done to him.
My people—infants are their oppressors,
and women rule over them.
O my people, your guides mislead you
and they have swallowed up the course of your paths. (Isaiah 3:11-12)

As in all the churches of the saints, the women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church. (1 Cor. 14:33-35)

Attached: based knox against ye olde feminazis and soyboys.jpg (620x350, 42.71K)

You don't understand, user, convulsing on the floor and babbling like a madman is fine if you submit to the pope.

Repent

Kek