Shotfun thread

Post and discuss modern blunderbusses, shotgun tactics, recommendations, etc.

Attached: sjPWGB8.gif (1280x852 1.41 MB, 151.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

facebook.com/groups/2297940850491598/
atlanticfirearms.com/taxons/ak-47-shotguns
foxnews.com/us/texas-homeowner-shoots-kills-3-men-and-injures-2-during-home-invasion-officials-say
cabelas.com/product/TACSTAR-SHOTGUN-AR-STOCK-ADAPTOR/2530147.uts
imgur.com/gallery/tI8ys
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why haven't they made belt-fed shotguns yet?

Attached: fashwave_optics.png (1290x720, 2.28M)

Attached: 7308b145159bece245320a7e0d32e797.jpg (720x468, 113K)

Attached: 3456.jpg (341x846, 147.79K)

Is there a sexier looking shotgun than the 870 Marine Magnum?

Attached: pix429865029.jpg (640x121, 11.12K)

Literally anything with wood furniture on it. Bonus points if professionally engraved

Anyone have that old Hotaru Maniac thread "An often misunderstood weapon" that resulted in a complete shitstorm?

Attached: What would happen if we shot an at4 at the moon - Hotaru Maniac.jpg (486x783, 144.28K)

facebook.com/groups/2297940850491598/

Attached: 8aef475da8ff3bfdd05e0e6ee91e48d2f1098f793f4569cfa7fb4a241ee2d68a.jpg (428x292, 50.98K)

Can anyone recommend me a semi-auto, magazine fed shotgun available in America? Preferably with large magazine sizes, 20 rounds or more.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to help me.

Attached: VhSrfOb.jpg (600x560, 65.32K)

Something that isn't remshit

Vepr-12

Attached: Human Technology - a Film by Beretta2.mp4 (480x270, 12.83M)

Vepr-12 isn't readily available in burgerland, is it?

I would say the Mossberg 590, that holds 20 in a magazine. But's also a pump for some stupid fucking reason, because I guess Mossberg wanted to prove that yes, you can halfass a shotgun.

Maybe not VEPR, but you still might be able to find a saiga
atlanticfirearms.com/taxons/ak-47-shotguns

The pump shotgun is cheap and reliable, a tough weapon that is extremely capable at close range. It's a legal and available gun to those who suffer in gun control areas, For home defense it is second to none in capability, its reputation is without any doubt. The buckshot pellet is far less of a risk in urban areas than rifle rounds. Its a weapon capable of hunting and sporting clays, then to be loaded with different rounds for heavier hunting and home defense. The king of short range versatility, the closest to one stop shot a man can get.

I suggest that even those who aren't shotgunners get a shotgun and shoot skeet, even some bird on the wing. The practice of quickly aiming and hitting targets will help you in combat situations when you need to quickly aim and hit moving targets. Shotgun practice will make you quicker and better, simple as that. Also its another reason why its a great weapon for home defense, a man who duck hunts or blows geese out of the sky while they are flying can take the same gun and barrel and employ it against what is often a quickly moving attacker in a home defense scenario. If you can take quail out of the sky at 30 yards, an attacking crack head at closer ranges will be even easier.

I think the whole capacity mania is in the wrong place in shotguns. Shotguns are not open field weapons that employ high rates of fire to suppress enemies, it doenst' need 20 round box magazines, it doesnt' gain much from it. If you can't defend your home or put down the subject with an extended tube magazine then the problem is you (or longer ranges than what the gun is ideal at) and not the lack of capacity. If you think you need 20 rounds in a shotgun, you either need to get a rifle or learn to actually fucking hit things.

Keep in mind when people say that there is truth in the failings of auto loaders, this applies specially to shotguns. They are far more sensitive and problematic with auto loaders than anything else. Cheap auto loaders are a bad idea, only purchase the very best or go manual. The reason why the pump shotgun persists is that it is so damned rugged and so damned cheap, and worthy auto loaders are so damned expensive. When Johnny Flincher doesn't like his full power 12 bore loads he buys low recoil variations, then he really fucks with the reliability of his auto loader. Keep these things in mind when choosing a weapon.

Just my pointless ramble on the subject.

I feel like the user who brought that up isn't preparing for a home defense scenario, but those are valid points for a home defense scenario.

Attached: of4txd0.jpg (1280x847, 198.21K)

Attached: 579f123e93dc944aa842b705fee3e5e74a22a53ac3a1058b9edb6d036698b71e-k.png (595x397, 93.58K)

Except a saiga-12 or vepr-12 with a drum mag is just plain fun.
Fuck you and fuck your optics.

I wanted to get some proper wood furniture for my 590A1, but there's no point in prettying it up for home defense. Well, there is, but the local police know me with a good rep, so eh.

Attached: IMG_20140314_114923.jpg (1600x537, 312.3K)

I have more but they're not of shotguns, so have Beretta 1202fp girl instead

Attached: DyEhexhV4AEYUZv.jpg large.jpg (2048x1818, 309.49K)

1201*

Attached: thinkms.gif.png (100x100, 9.47K)

Goddamn fudd.

If only you had included the "the pump alone will scare them away" your post might have been the perfect copypasta.

Home Defense is entirely different from hunting and you need as many shots as you can get for when Pablo and his beaner brigade come barreling down your drive.
Reloading a pump-action is pretty taxing when there's several dudes running at you.
Or do you simply believe that it's only gonna be a lone malnourished tweaker breaking into your home? Or what if you fuck up and panic and -God forbid- *miss* a shot or two?

It's always a capacity thing with defense. It doesn't apply to hunting, where, in a civilized country, your traditions wouldn't even allow you to carry more than 2 shots in the gun at a time.

I'm not saying that pump actions are bad, I'm just saying that capacity is paramount for any life or death situation.

Attached: 1511746575.jpg (427x430, 43.85K)

foxnews.com/us/texas-homeowner-shoots-kills-3-men-and-injures-2-during-home-invasion-officials-say

WHY DIDN'T HE JUST RACK HE SHAWTGUN!?

Attached: 4Li1irN.jpg (588x823, 138.4K)

Well I get the usual response from the usual members of the peanut gallery. I say that a box magazine's capacity won't help in a shotgun gunfight and the usual accusations of "fudd" and hysteria over magazine limits surfaces and the point I was trying to make gets lost. So I'm not surprised by the usual knee jerk reaction of this post.

Capacity isn't paramount, especially in close quarters. Capacity and multiple hits in a string are more important the weaker the round you use, the less important it is with more powerful and destructive calibers. If you are reduced to a handgun or a submachine gun, yes you need to learn to fire fast and effective and your capacity might be important to some extent. Even here, is a 40 round magazine much better than a 30? Yes and no. Is there something to be said that if you can't end the threat in 30 rounds you should take cover and reload with your next 30 round magazine and not blame your failure on not having more capacity? If 5 poor hits didn't do it, we just need to keep firing more rounds? Many a gun fight has been won in the first shot, your 60 round drum might just lay on the ground full and useless next to you after someone fired carefully. Does a battle rifle with soft points need a 30 round magazine, or does a 20 round standard do fine?

When we talk shotguns, which are highly lethal and destructive, and have high recoil and are more difficult to fast fire, we reach the point where a 10 round tube is breddy gud. You can kill several men if you aim well quite easily, and its not a weapon that lends itself to rapid fire and control anyway. The heavier recoil the bigger the gun the more important you make those individual shots count, it reaches the point of being opposite of the combat handgun or SMG. Hit each man in the center once and then scan back to see the effects, don't worry about tagging the same asshole over and over. At some point a SMG needs 30 rounds if you want to do 10 triple taps, a shotgun can be more effectively be used one shot per target before taking cover. No, at some point the whole notion "capacity is paramount" just doesn't hold.

At some point standard capacity magazines (what the fuck is high capacity) are nice to have the extra rounds, but they are NICE and POTENTIALLY beneficial. They are not of PRIMARY concern. I have 40 round magazines in my C93, if I have to defend myself with it I woudn't feel much worse if all I had were 30's. If you can't fix a fight against a handful of men in the first 30 rounds you've got bigger problems than capacity. At some point firepower and careful aim take more importance than just raw amount of rounds fired. So I disagree on a basic level. My battle rifles are my primary, 20 round standard magazines, I suppose a casket mag on my FAL woudn't hurt but I dont' think it would change most situations anyhow. My shotgun is a pump and I'm going to aim carefully and make those few, powerful, hard hitting rounds count.

As for my suggestion of pump, I already mentioned that. People who consider shotguns often go with pumps because they are affordable. This is why they are brought up, cheap pump actions are good weapons that people will afford. By the time you go auto loader, go big or go back to pump guns. If you are serious enough to buy a good auto loader, fine, but if you are going to buy lower end just grab a cheap R870 or M500. Also, my point on clay busting to learn shooting; buy a super ultra tactical shotgun and one day you never bust clays with it and miss out on the benefits of wing shooting and clay busting to learn that quick shooting at moving targets. A more traditional profile shotgun will be used for these purposes, a tacticool shotgun might never be used for such.

Nothing saying you can't buy TWO shotguns.

Faggot. Want to know how I know you've never shot under the clock?

Attached: tiresome.jpg (807x659, 34.66K)

I have been wanting to get a Browning BPS since it eject shells downward making it extra left-hand friendly. I would like to get one for bird hunting.

It would also be cool to get a .410 "firearm" by ATF definition for home defense.

Attached: Screenshot_20190124-174821_Friendly.jpg (733x1848, 422K)

But I do need it.
With a horseshoe mag or a proper spiral drum mag.

Either he's a retard, or he's Zig Forums.

I can shoot awful fast. You know what you learn from shooting fast? Your follow up shots are worse than your original shots. You can't rely on your follow ups, especially your later follow up shots far further into a string or into your cycle, if your first aim was fucked up to begin with. What you end up with is cover fire, not accurate killing fire. At shotgun ranges, where the gun is at its best and effective, you best be hitting targets and not spraying at them. With a high recoil gun you are better off focusing on better hits than "I'll just slow down midfight and aim better later". In close quarters you don't have time, if you are in a gunfight you can't hope your 7th shotgun blast will do it, it might already be too late.

I'm not saying one shot kill, I said secondary shots are follow up shots. The aim of a shotgun is to hit hard and secondary shots are follow up to work if the initial hit didn't work, rather than the handgun/SMG tactic of simply using multiple hits as a core of the philosophy of the weapon. I never said one shot is good enough, I said you come back with the shells you have reamaining to finish the job.

Both posters are strawman arguments which are worthless and disregard what I actually said. There is truth that if 10 shotgun shells at 10 yards can't finish the fight, 20 probably wont' either. If you want high rate of fire and to simply blast away, get an assault rifle or battle rifle or pistol caliber carbine and just forget the shotgun. What we have is a case of pistol shooters trying to apply their logic to a different weapon entirely.

I did this to my Shockwave. I love it. The combination of wood & steel is nice. It's also a blast to shoot because the brace flexes, making even hot slugs easy on your shoulder.

Pump shotguns rock.

Attached: PicsArt_04-28-02.33.26.jpg (1700x802 577.97 KB, 295.12K)

You know, I've been around a little while, and I have never, not once, met someone who has been in a firefight who said they wished they had less ammo.

You're either retarded or trolling, and either way I'm going to filter you now. Have a nice day.

Attached: zwV3VRJ.jpg (594x396, 126.77K)

Does anybody know where i can get an 18" barrel for an ATA Neo?

Attached: 3-0143243_1.jpg (550x550, 13.55K)

Take it easy with the rip-fuel

I think the main problem with box mag-fed shot guns is that they are box mag-fed shotguns. The rimmed cases and plastic hulls don't stack up well in mags and warp as well under the spring tension after extended periods of time. The shell sizes and aforementioned rim also make mags extremely bulky, heavy, and ready to snag on shit at higher round counts. The tube is better balanced and designed for the shell type in mind. Box mags will only be viable if used with those special H&Gay rimless shells that they abandoned because no one who kicks in doors for a living gives a shit about box mag fed shotguns.

Attached: consider the following.png (410x382, 49.91K)

Basically this. The geometry of shotshells doesn't mesh well with box mags.

Any good videos of people being killed with shotguns in a fight? Only shotgun kill vids I've seen are executions and when Tarrant blasted those first few people in the Mosque entrance. I wanna see someone get dropped with a shotgun in a shootout or some kind of fight.

No, but here's a nice tactical analysis from Lord Harrell to tide you over until you find something.

I've watched that twice, but thanks

So youre saying we need the pringles tube to end all pringles tubes.

Attached: robuttnik.jpg (599x599, 79.59K)

Shotgun speed loaders are a thing

What the FUCK kind of taco stands do they have in Germany?!

What would you say is the largest realistic gauge for a shotgun? I've seen 4 gauge guns before, but I think that's a little overkill.

Probably 8. We can do 4 when genetic engineering in humans goes mainstream

Attached: 4ga-shell-compared-to-12-gauge.jpg (1600x1200 174.32 KB, 146.83K)

…Exactly how big are the giganiggers invading your house that even a fucking ten gauge with two ounces of buckshot isn't enough?

Are bullpup semiauto shotguns a meme?

Attached: kaguya question.jpg (800x479 35.67 KB, 113.4K)

You mean how big are the space giganiggas who's habitable moon system I'm conquering?

If Zentradi are invading your home you might need a little more than a shotgun.

What about… a shotgun elf?

Attached: auPBNRC.png (540x355, 63.63K)

Imagine an upsized vepr chambered in 4 gauge. Now add a drum mag and make it able to fire in full auto.
Now imagine the thing in 2 bore.

Very nice. What brand for the grip/brace adapter?

cabelas.com/product/TACSTAR-SHOTGUN-AR-STOCK-ADAPTOR/2530147.uts

Tacstar. Make sure you click the drop down and choose your shotgun.

Attached: PicsArt_04-25-10.44.22.jpg (902x1500, 316.78K)

Attached: anti-depressants.jpg (640x480, 78.28K)

But user, does the barrel reciprocate?

Attached: Model 11.mp4 (640x480, 4.58M)

Box mags don't have to have springs though if you use a belt.
Have a nice video on a belt fed shotgun.

Attached: Home Made Machine Gun.mp4 (640x360, 1.79M)

Attached: PicsArt_04-29-05.42.48.jpg (1800x566, 277.94K)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

4 gauge would probably be too big and bulky for detachable mags.

It's hella fun to shoot.

Attached: PicsArt_04-29-05.35.24.jpg (685x1500, 206.14K)

That thing looks like the gun version of groverhaus

I don't know what that is, sorry. A quick search brought up reddit, but I'm not on it.

Is it a compliment?

Keep in mind that large shotgun box magazines are inherently problematic because of the stiff spring tension they require squishes the plastic shells, which are also rimmed.
Expect trouble.

So, if I'm look for a semi-auto shotgun what do I get?

If I'm getting a pump shotgun, what do I get?

what can Zig Forums tell me about pic related?

Attached: WHYYYYYYYYY.jpg (1500x1000, 559.37K)

frontal shots

Attached: mildly amusing.jpg (640x640, 110.8K)

SAIGA-12
mossberg

Attached: saiga 12k.png (782x1106 407.47 KB, 211.68K)

just get pic related

Attached: oranje.jpg (1600x900, 725.31K)

Benelli M3

It was a clusterfuck of a house built in the great dismal swamp by some military contractor who was the mod of the military forum on SA
imgur.com/gallery/tI8ys

Is that Stacy?

I thought it came out kinda nice! It holds 10 rounds in the tube, one in the chamber. Handles recoil really well. I think the combination of steel and wood is gorgeous, and with a 14" barrel it makes a nice, tight package.

OH yeah and fuck you very much for insulting my scattergun.

Attached: PicsArt_04-29-09.21.07.jpg (681x1800 226.43 KB, 226.71K)

Get the fuck out of here.

Mini shells, I mean.

Attached: PicsArt_04-25-05.29.29.jpg (2769x1319, 643.34K)

I was meandering around a pawn shop. Found a Remington 870 Super Magnum. Tasty. Got me a new shotfun. Ran a feed test at home. It takes 4 shells. 5, MAYBE. This is not okay because whoever pawned this thing added a mag extension, and it's not working right.

After taking it apart and checking for a mag plug (nope), I lubed up the spring and even the head of the follower (just a bit). Why? Because just before that, the follower got fucking stuck and I had to unload it using the ol gravity-assisted stock slam method.

After lubing, it runs pretty much fine, but it still won't load more than 5 (maybe) shells. I'm pretty sure the follower is getting stuck near the threads where the mag extension is attached/where the mag cap would be, and it just won't go backwards anymore. The hell can I do about this weirdness?

pic related.
Though a hard belt running into a backpack like the AR-10 prototype would be one way of solving mag capacity issues without needing to get rid of the rim and reinforce the hull

I don't know what the massive fuss is about. Its really quite common to see all manner of combat shotguns with a pistol grip since like, the 80s.

Its an extremely light weight straight pull primarily for special ammo like door breaching dust buster shells in an under-barrel configuration.

Whats the date code on it? You can also check the threads or god forbid, let a gunsmith look at it. If its a post 2007 date code everyone here has the right to laugh at you for being a dumb nigger.

Attached: Perturbed FD driver.png (447x346, 214.67K)

Whoever cut the letters got ugly as fuck with it. I think it's OK, and by that I mean there's definitely a K and I think the first thing is an O.

Oh christ it's been years since I've read that saga time to take the trip again. Do you have a full thread archive anywhere?

Sadly I don't.

Are bullpup shotguns a meme?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1600x1067, 1.11M)

Tell me more. Explain it like you're talking to a child.

Attached: DviqzbWVYAAzI51.jpeg (712x1076, 85.68K)

On that particular shotgun it makes me puke due to where the safety is placed, it really only works on shotguns that have easy-to-reach safety mechanisms when using a pistol grip. (I also personally dislike it due to muzzle climb, all it really does is make follow-up shots more difficult)

What's to explain? Half the power, twice the capacity, only issue being their reliability, would seem to me if I wanted a shotgun for home defense, I would avoid using them.

Attached: 2c04051885c5c43ae7e31a7f04a58f5fac9bceea18b1a0cf44f42d363a85f3ca.jpg (2306x4231, 1.5M)

That would be an awesome video game mechanic.

is that a fucking bolter

M590 with matted wood furniture, Whippet, or any trench gun.

Attached: M37.jpg (587x341 126.71 KB, 26.95K)

I like everything except the grip leeks good homie

I'm considering a Thompson style grip on it. We'll see.

Or a birdshead with a nice cap on the bottom. I think I'm gonna try to blind bolt it from the inside so there's no huge gaping hole in the back where the bolt goes through.

Attached: PicsArt_04-26-02.31.36.png (3125x1011 1.5 MB, 856.43K)

I'll take one of each, please!

Also considered a Mauser pistol style grip because I thought the cut rings around it would go well with the cut rings on the corncob. I ain't feelin it though.

Attached: PicsArt_04-30-12.40.42.png (3125x1011, 927.07K)

RV-85 is a chrome lined smoothbore in 26.5mm/4 Gauge with .25" chamber thicknesses. they were nitro-proofed at the BRNO factory for God knows what PSI. you can shoot the flare shells and reload them with black powder and 209s and rolls of quarters lol

Attached: 59079100_2222155338100600_5603436208077144064_n (1).jpg (360x606, 40.31K)

There's no brands of minishell that are worth the reduced power?

Attached: orwouTW.jpg (492x381, 77.67K)

Or I should say, no type of minishell that retains it's power? I'm a fudd, please be patient.

Those things were specifically built to launch a 26.5mm grenade, its why they're nitro proofed. If I recall, there was a prototype of sorts that replaced the lower handguard on a vz58.

Shouldercannon! That thing would be handy at a fireworks show on the 4th of July!

Thompson looks good if you want to shoulder it. I was looking at wood and i think ill just keep the birdshead style for the memes.

so, what if I loaded one of these with a slugs for home defense? How many walls will it go through?

We went out yesterday and shot about 100 rounds of them. Blowed shit up just fine at home defense distances.

*when going shooting at the sandpits, stop by a few grocery stores and ask for old fruit. They usually give it away. Blow the piss out of it, and leave it for the forest critters.

I actually use the brace when my hand goes dead.

Where can i buy that Thompson grip?

It might actually be better for home defense, what with not going through as many walls and all. Do they sell minislugs?

Attached: 9d3.jpg (680x957, 92.17K)