Zig Forums Anime Thread

Degenerate Zig Forums infiltrators are not welcome.

I'll open up with a great recommendation: namely the Dog of Flanders. It's a wholesome movie set in a Catholic Europe and is about the life of a young boy and his dog. It's a movie about friendship and is sure to tug the heartstrings of most people. I give it a Zig Forums out of ten.

Attached: Flanders.jpg (748x632, 264.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bCRnNKwCjuU?list=PLKV04qtg6MQH1VN6a2aFjWF4BUdxWcKdH
sensesofcinema.com/2004/great-directors/oshii/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because last one being deleted wasnt enough.
It would be nice to have anime thread here, but sadly, it ill be yet another autistic screeching funfest.
Anywho, can someone tell me something about Jojos bizarre adventures? I know its not Christian, but just interested. I dont have any information about it asides that its about some guys fighting supernatural and it spawned some memes. Any opinions? Is it worth to watch?
polite sage for asking stupid questions

Part 7 is the best part, read the manga.

Tenshi no Tamago is a solid movie; 10/10. It was made by the director of ghost in the shell, while he was having faith issue.
It's a movie about never losing faith in God and cling to one's hope, doesn't matter how long you wait God always rewards you for your dedication.

youtu.be/bCRnNKwCjuU?list=PLKV04qtg6MQH1VN6a2aFjWF4BUdxWcKdH
Great ost, amazing visual and atmosphere, very little dialogue.

Mamoru Oshii attended Seminary in his youth iirc

Attached: 45ef6e52b9d0af7f525e1194ea0e71285b1a7c4a_hq.gif (720x400 859.75 KB, 290.34K)

ok, thanks for your response

Thanks for the recommendation. Had heard of "Angel's Egg" but did not think to give it a look.

Did not know this, and very interesting.

Source?

According to this source, he considered seminary school, but didn't attend:

sensesofcinema.com/2004/great-directors/oshii/

Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise is a milestone in Japanese animation as a whole.

Anime went through what could best be described as an awkward puberty throughout the 70's to the late 80s. Creatives and the industry as a whole were attempting to transition anime into a truly adult and mature medium. But such attempts were either well-intentioned but clumsy (i.e. Tomino's early Gundams; Leiji Matsumoto's early works, etc.), were "adult" in the sense of just being animated equivalents of shock and exploitation cinema (i.e. a lot of the boobs and blood OVAs of the 80s), or a little combination of both (i.e. Tezuka's Animerama trilogy) It wouldn't be until 1987 that an anime with an actual production budget worthy of being considered true adult cinema would be made.

Not only did "Wings of Honneasmise" have an extraordinary level of artistic detail, world-building, and animation on par with Akira, a full year before the latter's release, but also had thematic depth as well.

The central character, Shirotsugh Lhadatt is a listless loser amongst other listless losers, enrolled in their country's space program: an underfunded joke in comparison to other service branches, especially as said country is locked in a tense impending war with a nearby nation. As such, the space program is considered a wasteful luxury with nothing practical to offer. The protagonist is depicted as being somewhat content, and yet vaguely dissatisfied with his life of idleness and the amusements and distractions of the world. It is not until he encounters a girl, Riquinni Nonderaiko, that his life trajectory begins to change.

She is evangelizing in the streets and attempts to preach to him a religion that in terms of basic theology and concepts is pretty much a "ORIGINAL RELIGION! DO NOT STEAL!" version of Christianity. Inspired by her faith, she sees in him and his program the potential to inspire Godliness in man through it's groundbreaking work, and thus inspires him to attempt to become the first man in space. Initially, it's very obvious that Shirotsugh is just playing along with her religion and space aspirations to try to get into her pants. But his attitude begins to slowly change as he immerses himself in rigorous training, learns more about Riquinni's religion and cares for her and her daughter, and faces challenges to the program, whether it be technological limitations, political machinations, publicity overload, and even outright assassination attempts from the rival nation. It all comes to a head, when in a moment of drunkeness and weakness he almost rapes Riquinni before coming to his senses. In her strength, she forgives him, but their relationship is never the same.

Carrying on in the face of such guilt, the ground crew of the space program launches him into space, leaving both sides of the war in shock and awe just as they were on the brink of culminating the conflict. In one of the final scenes of the film, Lhadatt, as he floats in Earth's orbit in his capsule, solemnly prays for the forgiveness of the sins of the human race.

Attached: itunes_royalspaceforce.jpg (1400x2100, 769.7K)

There's one Tezuka manga that heavily inspired me, called Phoenix. It's not specifically Christian, but he deals with humanity as a whole through various perspectives and timelines. It's a manga and there are a few anime versions, although the only one I watched was released in the 2000's. Each story is about how people are chasing the Phoenix, or how the Phoenix watches and chooses. I admit, it is not 1-1 Christianity, but it was one of the works that made me wonder about humanity as a whole. There are a few particular stories that I remember thinking about a lot:

1. A man nearly dies and upon waking from his brain surgery sees everyone as a robot, and panics thinking they are going to kill him. He escapes and sees a human, not realizing it is actually an android, and falls in love with it. The android eventually sacrifices itself to keep the man from getting killed (I think, I can't remember completely) and the man, upon realizing what has been happening, asks that his brain be placed in a robot, or his consciousness be transferred. He ends up forgetting about the android, but he feels some sense of loss as he helps out the family he was assigned to.

2. A story about a priestess and a princess. A priestess was to heal a princesses father, to which the princess was not pleased. The princess decides to kill the priestess, to which she warns that she will regret it. The princess, after killing the priestess, attempts to leave the forest, only to end up back at the home of the priestess. People come to see her thinking she is the priestess, and she ends up helping them as she has nowhere to go. She grows old and gave up leaving the forest, only for a messenger to request she come with him. Upon reaching their destination, she sees the king sick in bed, and the princess staring at her. She has a vision of the Phoenix, and she confronts it. She asks why she is being punished, to which the Phoenix responds that she valued her life over the lives of others, and who was she to determine that? She asks when she will be forgiven, to which the Phoenix responds 'when you decide not to kill the priestess.' The woman asks when that will happen, and the vision ends as she prays in her home for the princess to change her mind, only for the door to open behind her.

As I said, it is not specifically Christian, but it made me reflect on the value of life, even more so than Astro Boy.

English dub of Ghost Stories is bretty good

Welp, the end is nigh Darling in the Franxx. The show jumped a freakin Beluga whale the past few episodes, destroying all semblance of a decent plot.

Still the show really hammered the pro-life, pro-family, and anti-LGBT themes well plus the romance between the Hiro and 02 remains profoundly beautiful though I wish the show writers didn't pull the whole "Wah! I'm a monster Darling and you can't understand me" shitck that we've already seen several times now.. I just wish A1 and Trigger kept the show's plot focused on a dystopian, one-world government rather than out-of-place ayy lmaos and dino sci-fi magic. Plus, Dr. Franxx should have been sympathetic throughout the show instead of being a perverted, child-torturing atheist. Still, contrasting DitF with what we have in the (((West))), I say DitF still remains a decent 6/10.

Attached: giant waifu in space.jpg (893x760 207.19 KB, 415.81K)

JoJo is a divergent lineage that shows us what anime would look like if it descended from Fist of the North Star instead of from Dragon Ball.
It's a crazy action series that comes into its own when every fight becomes the puzzle of "well he's only got this one weird superpower, how's he going to defeat the bad guy who has an actually good superpower?"

If you don't mind some minor spoilers,
JoJo is a multigenerational story about the Joestar family.
Season one starts with using chi to fight vampires, following a young man who is such a resolute bastion of virtue that he gets boring and we have to move to the next season, and his very personal antagonist.
Season two follows an also young man who has many and more obvious flaws and his journey to learn to use chi to fight uber-vampires.
Season three is where we start to get zany superpowers. In a twist, our hero now is both boring and flawed, and we have to go to Egypt to save his mom.
Season four follows the people in this one suburban neighborhood who have superpowers. The powers start to get much less straightforward. Also the author inserts himself to answer fan questions about his method of drawing the manga.
Season five and six start to follow the vein of "protagonist powers get weaker/more narrow" and we get that 'puzzle' situation that gives fights more suspense.
Season seven and -I think we're up to eight?- take place in an alternate world that is both a retelling and a compression of the previous stories with slightly different rules for powers. It's also a lot crazier.

The artist himself is very good and has been featured in the Louvre. You see him get to that point over the lifetime of the manga.
He might also be immortal/a vampire, because holy crap he looks the same as he did decades ago.

You've tainted your soul with slaanesh demons, you filthy heretic.

Attached: 669cf27589f082246664e35cb6f01ef251e1b2e5185d36ec85a7880081d2d8f5.png (400x300, 130.9K)

Don't forget that Part 7 has Jesus Christ in America and saves the day.

Part 7 is set in a world where the Mormons were right.

That is somewhat true. JoJo is probably the best manga out there if you hate anime to be honest. It's a fun read, pretty fast, good guys mostly winning.

DutF was nice before >MUH ALIUMS. It's sort of nice because of personal romances and what you mentioned, but """plot""" is massive mess. It is one of the biggest disappointments in media I have ever experienced.

Also 02 is a goldmine of reaction images

Attached: 1527765124036.jpg (1280x720, 326.03K)

Cannot recommend this enough. Hanasaku Iroha (lit. ABCs of Flower Blooming). While the main theme itself is not about Christianity, it shows Christian virtues. Hard work, perseverance, owning up to ones own fault and getting punished for it with ones head high, growing up from children to adult.

Also this anime is praised for its very humane nature as in the characters acts truly like human and not typical anime caricature and the interaction between characters are quite realistic. Also beautiful artstyle and all in all a heartwarming.

Attached: 28b5360c84140b20177fb9179beaf4e51301519528_full.jpg (640x960, 235.8K)

Oops my bad

Although the OP has good and wholesome intentions, some of the animes advocated here, as suggested through google searches, are outright scandalous. Time and time again this board shows that as soon as anime is brought up scandalous cartoons of barely dressed underage girls become a red thread.

I cannot allow this thread to continue. Please, do not make another one.