The most holy Rosary

Entry note: This is a thread entirely dedicated to the most holy Rosary. No discussions about denomination, no "muh vain repititions", no "muh idolatry/goddess worship" or whatsoever. Discuss your experiences, all things Rosary-related, history, saints and so on and so forth.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————–

The Rosary. The prayer. The weapon.
Attacked by many - such as the devil and his demons - countless times. Prayed even more often. Consisting of divine prayers like the Angelic Salutation and the Our Father, has it been divinely revealed fully to St. Dominic by the blessed Virgin Mary. Despite the attacks of the devil and his minions has it been preserved through pious men and women, through our holy Mother and even Christ Himself - time and time again was it re-revealed when the faith grew weak and the people of God grew lazy and fell off the faith through tricks of the devil.
A prayer that goes with prayer beads - who are seen by God Himself and the angels, the holy ones as well as the fallen ones, as a sword. A powerful weapon to crush the enemies of God and to cut into the flesh of satan himself.
Will you stand by and neglect it ? Or will you join the ranks of the soldiers of God, armed with the weapon that can convert people as it can destroy evil likewise ?

The Rosary consists of 5 prayers: The Sign of the Cross, the (Apostolic) Creed, the Our Father, the Hail Mary and the Minor Doxology. In private you may add prayers such as the prayer request by our lady of Fatima - the so-called Fatima prayer - the Hail, Holy Queen, Litanies and others.
With every decade of Hail Mary's you meditate a different mystery. There are 4 (in the German-speaking realm 5) sets of mysteries for us to meditate, of which each one consists of 5 mysteries:

The joyful mysteries
The luminous mysteries
The sorrowful mysteries
The glorious mysteries
(The comforting mysteries)

For those not knowing how to pray it yet: rosarycenter.org/homepage-2/rosary/how-to-pray-the-rosary/
This talk is long and comprehensive and you will learn not only about the history of the Rosary but how satan tried to destroy is, time after time after time after time: youtube.com/watch?v=dwVdYXyxln0
This book of St. Louis Grignion de Montfort is a very comprehensive yet never-exhausted source on the most holy Rosary, THE source for you when it comes to spirituality of the Rosary: catholictradition.org/Classics/secret-rosary.htm

Praise the Lord ! Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Attached: Dominic-Rosary.jpg (324x480, 57.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sicutincaelo.org/b_rp.html
therosemarytree.blogspot.com/2009/01/rule-of-theotokos-byzantine-rosary.html
oblatesosbbelmont.org/2012/10/27/rosary-of-st-seraphim-of-sarov-appears-to-be-older-than-the-latin-rosary/
rosary-center.org/sorrow.htm)
theholyrosary.org/index
theholyrosary.org/index,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martyrs_of_Gorkum
spokaneorthodox.com/rosary.html
bombaxo.com/blog/files/rule.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geuzen
w2.vatican.va/content/leo-xiii/en/encyclicals/documents/hf_l-xiii_enc_20091896_fidentem-piumque-animum.html
vivat.de/shop/
catholicgiftshop.co.uk/rosary_beads
streetevangelization.com/spse-store/product/free-rosary-gospel-pack/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Without the Rosary, without gazing upon the mysteries of God with one tenth of the depth that Mary gazes upon them, I never would have had the strength to hold onto God till the end. Pray that others may know this sweeteness.

Attached: 1527184016766.png (380x349, 70.32K)

True.
t. 19yo Baptist

I’ve found this website to be more informative and helpful: sicutincaelo.org/b_rp.html
It also allows you to print out pamphlets to distribute. Also don’t forget to pray the rosary daily!

Please keep the thread on the topic!

Amen, brother. The rosary has truly saved me. I always thought that it's for older ladies or something, but I started to pray it regularly on the Zig Forums discord and now I pray it regularly. Praying the rosary opens up your life to different forms of worship and keeps your mind on God.

Attached: cloistered nun.jpg (940x788 71.14 KB, 95.67K)

The luminous mysteries of the most holy Rosary which were instated by St. Pope John Paul II. are not "modernism" and a "post-V2 invention" as many like to call - or rather: slander - them and they have not been invented by St. Pope John Paul II.
They were partially thought of by St. Louis Grignion himself, later to be expanded on and proposed by St. George Preca on Malta in 1957.
St. Pope John Paul II. had several reasons to instate them as teaching. First of all, they are beautiful in and of themselves - there's no arguing that. Secondly, they contain the Sacraments (in order of the mysteries):
I. Baptism
II. Marriage
III. Confession/Last Rites(Anointing of the sick)
IV. Confirmation
V. The utmost holy Eucharist.
In a time where many Christians, many Catholics stopped believing in the Sacraments and their importance, in particular the importance and uniqueness of each and every marriage between a man, a woman and their bond with God and its importance, forgot about their baptisms and acts of confirmation and the importance and meaning of that (and to this day, Pope Francis didn't encourage everyone for no reason to find out their dates of Baptism and celebrate it as the second day of birth), the importance of a confession and therefore the teachings on sin, but most worringly, stopped believing in the real presence of the Lord in the utmost holy Eucharist - in that time the Pope decided that it was time to remind everyone through the sword that we have, because satan can not withstand it, and so can't his pathetic tries to destroy the Church.
So you better humble yourself before you plan to say no good about the luminous mysteries of the most holy Rosary.

IV. Confirmation and Holy Orders*

Luminous mysteries were a respectable eastern european traditions.
I don't like they were forced into the standard rosary but they were not invented out of nowhere.

If you pray only 5 decades a day, today's are the Mysteries of the Light or alternatively the Joyful mysteries.

REEEEEEE TRADITIONS OF MEN

just kidding cathobros

Attached: 2456512b1e70f391cf4afaf7825186ab70f26fd037ac725b2b50d1564d04c164.png (628x628, 322.72K)

Remember to pray your daily Rosary. From 5 decades to open end, everything goes. But do it. It can just be as little as 20 minutes every day. You can't say you don't have them when you browse this board :^)

Attached: Saints and Mary.mp4 (429x511 9.85 MB, 144.93K)

therosemarytree.blogspot.com/2009/01/rule-of-theotokos-byzantine-rosary.html
oblatesosbbelmont.org/2012/10/27/rosary-of-st-seraphim-of-sarov-appears-to-be-older-than-the-latin-rosary/

So why won't you talk about it ? Just posting links is lame. Unless you respond decently in the next 24 hours, I'll ask mods to delete this, because you are literally contributing nothing.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Other than that, it's Friday my friends - the day Christ was nailed to the Cross and died. Today is abstinence from meat and we pray the
Sorrowful Mysteries
i.e.,
=> The Agony in the Garden
=> The Scourging at the Pillar
=> The Crowning with Thorns
=> The Carrying of the Cross
=> The Crucifixion
(rosary-center.org/sorrow.htm)
for those lads praying "only" 5 decades every day.
God bless you.

The Sorrowful Mysterious always had the greatest impact on me.

I guess that depends on the person but yeah, same goes for me. It were the sorrowful mysteries with which I had an incredible intense experience - which made me repent in the long run and come to the Church.
Although I didn't deserve it, God pulled me out of the spiritual sewage through the Rosary and I couldn't be more thankful for this. He unironically saved my life. Therefore I want to spread His sword as much as I can.

Brainlet question: is it Okay to pray the rosary if you're non-denominational? I like having a set prayer routine, but I'm concerned about being sacreligious by mistake. Thanks and God Bless.

Of course you can. The most holy Rosary is a weapon and a tool for conversion as much as it is a way of teaching people about Christ. Maybe it'll result in you coming to the flock and that'd be absolutely awesome. But in any way, praying the Rosary is advised - for anyone - because it will bring you closer to Christ as it teaches His life, workings, death, resurrection and beyond very "compactly" if you will.
So a big big yes, go for it ! :D

Good day, friends. Today is Saturday and we pray the
Glorious Mysteries
or
Joyful Mysteries
(depending on whether you pray the luminous mysteries [joyful], or not [glorious]).

The glorious mysteries are
=> The Resurrection of Christ
=> The Ascension of Jesus into Heaven
=> The Descent of the Holy Spirit
=> The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin into Heaven
=> The Coronation of the Blessed Virgin
and the joyful mysteries are
=> The Annunciation
=> The Visitation of the Blessed Virgin to St. Elisabeth
=> The Nativity of Christ
=> The Presentation of Christ in the Temple
=> The Finding of Christ in the Temple

Browsing for more information on the Rosary, devotion to Mary and so on, I've found this incredible webpage which is basically a fully comprehensible guide to the Rosary. It includes all info on the mysteries (not the comforting ones though), history, promises of it, Fatima and so on and so forth. It's tremendously good and I want to share it with you: theholyrosary.org/index

God bless !

Today we pray the
Glorious Mysteries
which contain:

=> The Resurrection of Christ
=> The Ascension of Christ into Heaven
=> The Descent of the Holy Spirit
=> The Assumption of Mary into Heaven
=> The Coronation of Mary

God bless !

The first time I prayed rosary was before a daily Mass, it creeped me out from the repitition and the fact that I was sorrounded by old people. I think people are initially put off by its outward appearance. One of the purposes of the rosary is to contemplate the mysteries in prayer or to offer up prayers for a specific intention, once you get past the rote repitition the door opens up for you.

Anyone own a Rugged Rosary? They seem pretty nice

Attached: manual-for-marian-devotion-4_1024x1024.jpg (600x600, 80.15K)

Indeed that's what many are objecting to, especially protestant types. If only people would read "Secret of the Rosary" by St. Louis Grignion de Montfort and try to understand what it's all about.
The Rosary is a, if not the most important, Marian devotion - revealed by the Blessed Virgin Herself (etc., see OP). But it's so much more:
First of all the Ave Maria prayer is not just "any prayer", it is the Angelic Salutation, the words of St. Gabriel himself praising the Trinity through praising Mary. It contains the greeting St. Elisabeth had for Mary at the Visitation (Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus) and a bidding from us normie people to the Blessed Virgin to ask her Son things for us as she administers the Graces that flow from Christ. This is the framework. 10 Hail Mary's, a decade, per mystery. Every decade is encapsulated by the minor Doxology (Glory Be), if you want the Fatima prayer revealed by Our Holy Mother herself, and the Our Father.
The Our Father itself is the perfect prayer. It was authored by God Himself, who then proceeded to teach it to His Apostles and ultimately His whole flock. In the Beginning we still have the Apostolic Creed, which is the whole Christian faith condensed by the holy councils into a prayer of a few lines.
I mentioned that the decades of the Rosary are the framework. What that means is this: We don't just say the Hail Mary's and that's it. We meditate the mysteries of the Rosary. I have already mentioned the mysteries of the birth, life, death and beyond of Christ in this thread, for example here and here . The Luminous Mysteries contain:

=> The Baptism of the Lord through St. John the Baptist
=> The Lord Revealing Himself at the Wedding of Cana
=> The Proclamation of the Kingdom of God and the Call to Repentance by the Lord
=> The Transfiguration of the Lord
=> The Institution of the Most Holy Eucharist by the Lord.

The key is that the decades are, as I already mentioned, the framework for the meditation on the mysteries itself. They carry the meditation if you will. They help you putting the focal point of your meditation right unto the mysteries. So that you not only glorify the Lord and honor the Blessed Mother but mainly put your focus on Christ. With every mystery, every single Ave Maria, you dive deeper into the life of Christ, knowing Him better and better.
Now, some say we do contemplate, i.e., "observe", the mysteries and what they are about. That, however, is not entirely right. What we do is we meditate them - that's all we can do - because contemplation is something that God grants us. The best way to do this meditation is the way of St. Teresa of Avila: the imaginative way. Like a little child you try to see what is happening, imagine the smells, the feelings, did it rain or did the sun burn, was it hot or cold, humid or dry, and so on and so forth. Eventually God might grant the vision of what really happened.

In the end you can also add other prayers such as the Salve Regina, the St. Michael's prayer (only the short version tho), the Litany of the Blessed Mother and so on and so forth. But that is optional. The "hard core" are the five prayers as mentioned in OP.

lol

Yes. Because that was neither relevant nor interesting. It were just random links without explanation, i.e., no basis for any discussion. Elaborate on them or leave this thread.

obviously i've already read the content, i posted them in hopes that others would do the same, creating a "discussion".

I had the post deleted. I'm fine when you post those links, but elaborate on them. I'm not going to tolerate people just dropping a link or two without saying the tiniest bit about them or why they would be relevant.

Just the original 3 thirds are enough to be part of the company of the Rosary as said by St Maria G d Montfort, getting the promises

How do people actually get to the point where they can meditate on the mysteries without thinking about the words of the prayer? I still need to read from a card to remember the words for each prayer, let alone be able to think about the mysteries while I do so

That's entirely right. The luminous mysteries are beautiful and very educational, but there is no obligation to include them. The Confraternity of the Rosary writes this on their page. Until there is some official teaching or statement from the Church regarding the obligation of these mysteries you are free to pray the Rosary with or without them and yet receive the promises.
Obviously they recommend praying them (for reasons I've stated throughout the thread), but yes - not binding (yet :P).

As you're saying: You still didn't memorize the prayers by heart. Once you have them fully memorized, you will be able to say them without putting focus on saying them and without having to worry that you may say them in a wrong way.
Once this is "automated" so to speak, you will be able to go into the meditation thoroughly.
What you can do, regardless, is that even when you have to read them - put a picture in front of you. The site I linked above, theholyrosary.org/index, has a "Gallery"-tab. There you find pictures for every single mystery. You can put them in front of you for each mystery and just gaze and say the prayers in between. Try it - it helps a lot in the beginning.

——————————————————————————————————————

Other than that, good morning in Euroland. Today is Monday and so we are praying the
Joyful Mysteries

I always try my best to pray 15 decades every day. When you say the rosary do it peacefully and not too fast. 1 rosary done slow is worth more then 1000 rosaries done too quick.

Have a nice monday, today in my country we remember the martyrs of Gorkum. These martyrs defended their faith and refuted all their claims before their death.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martyrs_of_Gorkum

Attached: Martyrs_de_Gorkum.jpg (1024x1358, 210.4K)

Thanks for the advice, I’ll try to pray the rosary more slowly next time.

What is your opinion on Orthodox variations on the Rosary? Have you ever prayed them yourself?
spokaneorthodox.com/rosary.html
bombaxo.com/blog/files/rule.pdf

How could Dutch winnie the pooh up so bad?

Interesting that Western Rite "orthodoxy" uses it too. It's basically just the normal Rosary with small variations in prayer - although that "reading scripture at every bead of a decade" is a bit unusual, tho not forbidden to do i would assume at least. But I imagine that (unless one has it all memorized) it can be pretty disruptive to do that as meditation requires focus which is distorted even by reading Scripture. Better to read the whole passage before the Our Father and then meditate it.
The rule of Theotokos by (ortho) St. Seraphim of Sarov is a beautiful prayer rule - but it's not the Rosary. It's "like" the Rosary, but not quite. It's a bit "more" Mary-focused so to speak. For example you don't consider the Crucifixion itself, but how the Holy Mother sat at the foot of the Cross etc.. Not that that's bad, don't get me wrong.
The major difference is that the Rosary as is (minus the luminous mysteries I'd suppose) has been revealed/instated by the Holy Mother herself to St. Dominic and has been brought to mind again and again not only by Her but Christ Himself (see opening post) - the rule of Theotokos began as Marian psalter (150 Angelic Salutations), just like earlier forms of prayer rules leading to the Rosary. The rest has been added over the centuries.
What the first link writes is only half right. As I said, the Rosary as is has been revealed/instated by divine matters. It is, however, true that earlier forms of Marian devotion that kinda lead to the Rosary did exist and evolve. Now I'm not a scholar on the history but in the video I linked in OP, Fr. Don Calloway explains it very profoundly (embed related). The Rosary is more divine than it is human - for fact. The problem with orthodox Christians writing about this matter is always this (sometimes more sometimes less) subtle anti-Catholicism, or anti-"Rome-ism" that they can't let go. Therefore sometimes you read "they say it's divinely revealed, HOWEVER something something".
Matter of fact is …. well as I said, I'm not a scholar on its history, I just promote it. The video contains a lot of interesting info - also satan's fight against it. It's a great watch - even for non-Catholics.

God bless

Sadly no, but it looks tremendous. But I guess they're pretty expensive, so I'll stick to my free/cheap things for now :D

EWTN had a recording of people reciting the rosary on last night and I loved listening to it as I drove through the woods home. The quality was poor because the trees were blocking the signal, which already originates some distance away from where I was, so it was neat to listen to it with a little bit of fuzz and the occasional chords from a country music station interrupt momentarily at random intervals.

A question now: it wouldn't be wrong or out of place for me, as an Orthodog, to pray the rosary would it?

Absolutely not. As I wrote before ITT, the Rosary is not bound to the Church as in: only a Catholic can recite it, so to speak. Anyone can - and is encouraged that they should - pray it.
It's people making it a "denominational" thing - meanwhile they forget the actual purpose of the Rosary. One could almost say some are tricked into being a bit prideful when it comes to it but they must not forget that this weapon was forged to annihilate evil - and that should be the aim of any Christian, right ?

Also today is Tuesday. Therefore we recite the
Sorrowful Mysteries

God bless

Remember to pray the rosary daily! :)

Attached: mary.gif (246x330, 46.58K)

Thank you for the reply, that's what I thought would be the case. I'll be honest, it was from my protestant, anti-Catholic days that I was wondering about if it was a "denominational thing".

In the Dutch war for independence you had two groups of Geuzen
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geuzen

You had the Sea-Geuzen and Forest-Geuzen. Calvanistic bandits, pirates and privateers. Dutch calvanism was a very strict kind of calvanism, and their religious culture is still very traditional. In the Netherlands we have a few extreme calvinist groups. We like to call them 'de Zware kousen.' It means 'Black stockings.'

On the Dutch wikipedia there's more explanation than on the English. The calvanist alienated the monks thinking that they don't read the books from the OT and NT.

Attached: amsterdam2007.jpg (657x900, 183.5K)

I meant, how could they be so bad at hanging people. Hang them by putting rope in the mouth, seriously?

What a nice video :)

bonk

Attached: heilige Gottesmutter.jpg (463x630, 58.2K)

Do people in this thread pray the rosary on there own, or do they pray with a group? I just pray by myself.

Alone, the only rosary group at my church is a bunch of old ladies and it would be kind of awkward to join them

"It's kind of awkward to glorify the Lord because there are some old ladies" wat ? Come one dude.
Go there, pray with them. Proclaim your faith through praying the Rosary publicly (there are indulgences linked to it D:). Also how do you want to get to know pious Catholic women if not through their pious grandmas ? Heh got you there, right ?
All jokes aside, it is encouraged to pray the Rosary publicly - but it's not a must. I would recommend praying with the old ladies nonetheless. You'll prolly be able to pick up a thing or two regarding your faith etc..

I usually pray alone or rarely over voice chat on discord.
I plan on talking to my priest to found and maybe even lead a Rosary group at my parish. Still not sure about the specifics - but we'll see. I have no idea how that works or will work out - prolly I'll do it together with the sisters from our monastery. I should totally write him a mail right now.

——————————————————————————————

Other than that, henlo frenz - today is Wednesday and we recite the
Glorious Mysteries
for both, people including the Luminous Mysteries and those that don't.
Also, to get some discussions going I'll be posting about documents (official ones of course) that concern the Rosary. Either later today, tomorrow or latest on Friday I'll start. First I'll be going to go through the letters and encyclicals etc. of Pope Leo XIII. who was THE Rosary Pope so to speak (watch the video linked in OP :P).

Other than that, I wish everyone a great day ! God bless !

Attached: Fatima.jpg (1280x720, 203.3K)

i think most Spritual fathers would advise against it, the prayer is fine but the "meditations" can lead to a sentimentalism not part of Orthodox spirituality

Good morning everyone. Today is Thursday so we either recite the
Luminous Mysteries
or the
Joyful Mysteries

God bless !

Pick one, genesis 1:5
ephesians 5:16

Good afternoon, brethren. Today is Friday - the day of Christ's Passion, culminating in His crucifixion and death on the cross. It is the day on which we recite the
Sorrowful Mysteries
meditating the mysteries of this particular day.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————–

Furthermore, I want to bring your attention to an encyclical of Pope Leo XIII. - Fidentem Piumque Animum. By far not his first document concerning the Rosary, but incidentally the first one I read fully. Published at the 20th of September in the year 1896, it is very short yet very demanding but most importantly: encouraging.
He starts off with a short introduction, leading as to why he would address this matter again - the significance - and a short reference to earlier letters and exhortations.
The first point is a general treatise on the necessity of prayer. Here, Pope Leo XIII. also puts an emphasis on how important it is to pray the Rosary not only alone (well, if you have the opportunity to do so, that is) but in public and as parish prayer, going as far as recommending it as something that should be universally done in all parishes:
>"It isOur desire that in the principal church of each diocese it should be recitedevery day, and in parish churches on every feast-day (Apostolic Letter Salutaris Ille, 24th December, 1883). Let this be constantly and devoutly carried out. Wealso see with joy the custom extended on other solemn occasions of publicdevotion and in pilgrimages to venerated shrines, the growing frequency of whichis to be commended.
He then proceeds to work out - very shortly, that is - the special position which the Blessed Virgin has within Creation and why it is therefore appropriate and necessary to devote ourselves, particularly through the regular recitation of the Rosary and meditation of the mysteries of Christ, to the most holy Mother. Because, following the teachings of St. Louis Grignion de Montfort, it is through the Holy Mother the easiest way to Christ, and therefore the Father and salvation.
Over the next two points, Pope Leo XIII. elaborates on the connection between divine faith (i.e., supernatural faith, granted through graces poured from God) and the recitation of the Rosary. Because God will grant us ever-deepening faith for as long as we keep meditating (and ask for contemplation of) the life of Christ and the mysteries therein.
In the second last point (6.) it is addressed, that the most holy Rosary is - and I can't emphasize enough that this encyclical was published 21 years before Fatima happened - a prayer to unite all Christians and to convert those that are not Christian yet or have fallen from the faith. Specifically does Pope Leo XIII. mention the heartbreaking situation for Christ and His Mother that the Church, the whole of Christianity is torn within - and how the Rosary is a means to re-unite the universal flock.

The encyclical can be found here: w2.vatican.va/content/leo-xiii/en/encyclicals/documents/hf_l-xiii_enc_20091896_fidentem-piumque-animum.html

Other than that, I wish you a tremendous day !
God bless !

Attached: Untitled-6.jpg (223x329, 15.09K)

Praise be to God, thanks for all your posting!

The sorrowful mysteries are the most difficult to get through, for me. In the garden He saw ALL sins humanity ever had and ever would commit, He saw single sin.

And still He decided to sacrifice Himself for our salvation.

Pope Leo XIII was an amazing visionary too, a contemporary with Karl Marx, who realised the importance of preserving Catholicism from the claws of marxism, by clearly defining the social teachings of the Church in the modern world, and having quite a lot of success of spreading it.

If it's not the marian spirit to see what has to be done, and then do it, and incorporating stupid amounts of compassion in whatever is being done, I don't know what is.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (203x308, 136.9K)

Dear friends of Christ, last bump for the day.
Don't forget to pray your Rosary, best do it right now and don't lose time !
Good night and God bless !

Attached: Rosary1.jpg (765x1000, 93.4K)

Good morning lads !

Today is Saturday so we recite, depending on whether you include the Luminous Mysteries, the
Joyful Mysteries
(+Luminous) or the
Glorious Mysteries
(-Luminous)

Let yourself be inspired by the Holy Spirit !
May God bless you on your ways and that you never forget to pray the Rosary :^)

Attached: Pater_Pio_von_Pietrelcina.JPG (297x389, 28.35K)

Where can I buy a nice rosary?

If you're coming from the German-speaking realm, here: vivat.de/shop/
If you're from UK, for example this: catholicgiftshop.co.uk/rosary_beads (ships worldwide)
If you're from the American continent, you can get one for free here: streetevangelization.com/spse-store/product/free-rosary-gospel-pack/

In general, however, you could maybe ask your priest - chances are he has some in stock or to spare for you to get into this incredibly awesome prayer.
Short note: You don't need a rosary to pray the Rosary. You can pray it with your knuckles, too, for example.

God bless !

don't necessarily need*

LMAO. what a hug box. i'm done

Is the κομποσκοίνι welcome?

Attached: Komboskini_100_knots.jpg (422x700, 134.78K)

Sure, I don't see why (k)not (heh). I've got 2 myself (short and thin ones with 50 knots).
As I said above: The thread is of course mainly about the Rosary and it shall keep staying that way - but also things in some (even distant) way related to it, and I have it open for discussion obviously. The only thing I don't tolerate - which that one particular guy doesn't seem to understand - is when you just post a pic or link without even the tiniest bit of information. That's disruption for me and, thus, breaks rule 2.
Talking about the komboskini/tchotky - and I can't contribute alot to it, because tho I have two, I use them only for rare occasions for meditation on the Jesus-prayer - is absolutely alright. Might as well take the opportunity to invite the orthodox and oriental brethren to this thread if we open it up a bit as kind of "prayer rope general" jej. (main topic, however, is the Rosary !)

Cool, in all honesty I've never used the rosary (I'm reformed baptist), but I use my prayer ropes on occasion (I should use them more often).
I pray the Jesus prayer with my 100 knot, and do some doctrinal meditations/prayers with my 30 knot.

What's stopping you from using a rosary, mate?

Henlo lads. Today is the Lord's day, the day of Christ's resurrection - therefore we pray the
Glorious Mysteries
Fun fact: The seventh promise of Our Lady of the Rosary is that no one that devotes himself entirely to the most holy Rosary will die a sudden death and without having received the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Penance (or: Last Rites or: the utmost holy Eucharist).

God bless !

Pray the rosary daily, anons.

Attached: cloistered nun.jpg (360x480, 38.67K)

Hersey, listen to your father

The promises connected to the most holy Rosary:
1 Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive powerful graces.
2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies
4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of people from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying Himself to the consideration of its Sacred Mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise Him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just, he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plentitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the Saints in Paradise.
9. I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death
14. All who recite the Rosary are my children, and brothers and sisters of my only Son, Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.

Also today is monday and so we recite the
Joyful Mysteries

God bless !

How do you guys pray the Rosary, as in speaking? I usually just do quite whispers.

now this is larping. whats next are angels people with bird wings?

If you're not Mormon, then you're not Christian.

The Rosary is one of the most powerful prayers against demons.

dont you think something that important would have been recorded in the bible?

Jesus did NOT cast out demons chanting hail mary, dude.

are you mentally ill?

The Bible is only one tradition. It isn't the be all end all of Christian doctrine.

Nope. Why do you ask?

What like
Yeah why did they leave that out.

The Lord also cast out demons by His own power. We don't have that, which is why we have to use prayer.

actually i believe that it is.

think about it, if it wasnt, why encourage its spread (speaking as a catholic) only after tyndales crucifixion for doing the same thing that the catholics did with the douay rheims authorized by them!

your understanding of what is law is wrong. most people intuitively understand that the bible is the authority. all of the things written of by the prophets and the apostles actually happened. did not the walls of jericho fall??

so who made the bible authority? not man, God. in the same way that God created the law of gravity, man merely discovered how to articulate the law as a means to an end. but it was always there as a law before sir isaac newton identified it, you see..

Jesus is the grace and the source of grace, not the woman. theres nothing innately special about mary other than she was conceived while a virgin until she gave birth to Christ, and she was from the tribe of judah. both of these are prophecies that needed to have been fulfilled. and they were.

so therefore i can appeal directly to God through the name of Jesus. that was the point of the temple where the wall separating the outside from the inside of the most Holy place getting rent.

has NOTHING to do with sumerian folklore about semiramis, dude. your virgin mary worship is suspiciously similar to pagan canaanite religion.

Because Tyndale attacked private property, denied the Real Presence and the authority of the Church, and denied the importance of any of the sacraments except baptism. He wasn't some good egg who slipped up a bit, he deliberatley undermined the church.
There is also a difference between some random priest unilaterally deciding to translate scripture and then use it to justify his own perversion of the Faith, and the Holy Church commissioning a translation which is intended to help evangelise and catechise those who wish to understand it more. This was a lesson learned from Germany when it because apparent to the Church that many people actually went over to Lutheranism simply because they couldn't tell the difference between what Luther taught and what the Church did.

That's already pretty special, my man.

That's pretty dumb because Jesus never ordered his teachings be written down and even the apostles were in no rush to make a written record. It was only after they started dying that the Christian communities realized that they needed to write down the apostles accounts for future generations, leading to the gospels.

Scripture is important, but it is tradition that gives scripture it's weight and meaning. Without tradition scripture is just fanfiction and you might as well be discussing Harry Potter with your bookclub. It's the teachings passed down through apostolic succession which lets us know the meaning of the scriptures.

Apart from being the mother of Jesus Christ who walked the earth as God incarnate. No biggie. Did you know Jesus performed his first miracle based on the intercession of Mary? It's true!

Why did Jesus turn the water into wine? Because Mary asked him to. Even though he said "It is not yet my time", and his ministry had not actually begun yet Jesus performed the miracle because his mother asked (prayed) to him to do so. Mary acting as intercessor was established right there and then when Jesus went out of his way to do something for her sake that he would've refused anyone else (He would've said "Not yet my time" and wouldn't have done it, yet for Marys sake he did)

Yes.

Hey numb nuts, read the rules. This thread is about Rosary discussion, not debating Catholic theology. Just make a thread about that instead of shitting this one up.

It depends, honestly. When I know I'm tired for whichever reason but want to devote my time nonetheless, I usually speak normally. When I know I will be going "ham", meditating etc., then I'll use earplugs and whisper silently, if at all - for minimum self-distraction while meditating, if that makes sense.

It’s good to know that shitposts are being deleted, also is posting pictures of our rosarys allowed?

Just when I thought this thread finally had peace

The mods and I try to make sure to keep the thread clean. Also yes, go well ahead and post your Rosary !

You forgot to announce that today we recite the Sorrowful mysteries, but it’s fine. For those anons that still have a Tuesday, we recite the Sorrowful mysteries.

My rosary btw :)

Attached: F309103C-9247-43D4-88BE-54BC50F9E694.jpeg (4032x3024, 2.05M)

You're right, apologies. People not being able contain themselves to obey board and thread rules are at times more discouraging than one might think >_>

That's a beautiful Rosary. What's the material of the pearls and Cross ?

——————————————————————————————————————————————

Other than that, I want to bump the thread with a quote from St. Pope John Paul II.'s Rosarium Virginis Mariae:
>A path of contemplation

Take that as an offer and incitement. Today is Wednesday so we recite the full Rosary, as always. (ha !) But for the chaplet of the day, it is the
Glorious Mysteries
:^D

God bless !

Attached: pope-benedict-finger-pointing.jpg (264x320, 12.75K)

Thanks! I don’t know what material it is specifically, but I think it’s plant material like wood.

Attached: virgem_guadalupe.jpg (472x630, 138.63K)

Very nice Icon!

Do images of Our Lady of Guadalupe count as icons? I always thought that was more of an Eastern European thing
Also don't forget to pray the Rosary

Icon is image of thing. Eastern-style icons are not all icons.

Mostly its association with prayers offered to Mary which I do not believe are valid not here to fight about it.