Let's settle this once and for all

Let's settle this once and for all.

Attached: Screenshot 2018-07-05 at 10.07.22 AM.png (674x269, 18.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/16023745
britannica.com/topic/Baptist
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

strawpoll.me/16023745

There's literally no reason to think otherwise except that a few Baptists don't want to be, but that doesn't change that they are

They've realized that their own tradition is man made so they had to come up with some excuse so as not appear that way. Hence the trail of blood was born. No matter how they spin it, Baptists are Protestants and will always be Protestants.

There's nothing to settle, of course we aren't, and no matter of voting will change that. Anyone that thinks we are doesn't even understand what "protestant" means.

Attached: 11a.jpg (301x353, 14.32K)

Attached: pic.PNG (648x125, 194.54K)

It means to protest, and that's exactly what you're doing, protesting the one true Church by even existing. Etymologies don't decide truths anyway.

The fact of the matter is is that Baptists began as an offshoot separatist movements from the Church of England and from the Puritans during the 17th century. IFB came into existence during the 19th and 20th century when some angry Baptist congregations thought their respective conventions were becoming too liberal and decided to leave and become Independent.

What you don't seem to understand is that the actual Protestants are the ones who for the most part have stopped actively attacking Rome and usually at most reference Rome's beliefs as errors in passing while teaching what they believe. The ones who make two and a half our videos exposing Rome, part one of five, and scream and punch things while calling the Roman Catholic Church pagan and calling people out of it are actually the ones not engaging in protest
A simple mistake

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (800x445, 609.84K)

Attached: 33b1ec3bfa00e3cf362616031f59ba2d8390ebcf99210135a83b0a645cb4eb7b (1).png (380x349, 70.32K)

What you don't understand is the whole reason why you split is because your separatist ancestors believed the Church of England was basically Catholicism without the Pope. Your ancestors were actively protesting Catholic beliefs and abhorred any ruler who even felt the slightest sympathy towards Catholicism.

Etymologies don't decide truths though. Protestant movements arose during the 16th century (Lutherans, Anabaptists, Presbyterians, Anglicans, etc.), 17th century (Baptists, Puritans, Congregationalists, etc.) , 18th century (Methodists, Holiness Movement, etc.), 19th century (Nondenominationals, Adventists, Churches of Christ, etc.), and even 20th century (Pentecostals, etc.). You belong to the second wave of Protestants classified as English separatists having broken from the Church of England, Pentecostals and Adventists and the like belong to a third wave of American Christians who broke from various already existing Protestant denominations established in America, and Lutherans and Calvinists belong to the original wave of Protestants who broke directly from the Catholic Church in Germany and Switzerland and in mainland Europe.

Reddit found a new meme to beat to death?

its a meme you dip

can you stop forcememing this shit?

Found the 30 year old boomers

Attached: boomer_dab.gif (1000x640, 127.18K)

Baptists will say they aren't, everyone else will say they are. There, settled.

The reformers used to put anabaptists to death. They are drunk with the blood of the saints. Baptists are not part of the reformation. They are not trying to reform Romanism, as Luther did. They want it abolished. Protestants are daughters of the woman of Revelation 17. They are protesting against their mother. Baptists never had her as a mother in the first place. They trace their church to Christ and his apostles.

*Blocks your trail of blood*

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (711x1000, 1.21M)

protest means you beed to have been a part of it. Like how Luther did with the 95 theses. Baptists want nothing to do with the catholic church.

They show how much they want nothing to do with it in their countless extended hard preaching services in which they expose this or that action or position of the Roman Catholic Church, which they are not protesting against

Literally no Baptist scholar takes the Trail of Blood serious anymore. The theory crashed shortly after take off. Also you really have to be on some atmospheric levels of denial to attempt to tie your denomination with Gnostic groups that saw Jesus and the Father in various forms and contradictions. But whatever it takes so you can hang out with the big kids.

We preach against it because it's heresy. We also preach against atheism, hinduism, islam, judiasm, buddihsm, etc. do we come from them?

The Edinburgh Encyclopedia, Vol 3, p.251 (1830)
It must have already occurred to our readers, that the baptists are the same sect of Christians which we formerly described under the appellation of ANABAPTISTS. Indeed, this seems to have been their great leading principle from the time of Tertullian to the present day.

No Baptist Scholar takes it serious anymore point proven. Dig up some modern research into the theory and we will talk.

Trail of Blood was written over a century later. So you are spreading misconceptions about this and I just proved you wrong.

Oh you mean the same "scholars" that are now queer accepting? If anything the fact of "scholars" attempting to oppose it is a mark in its favor.

If it you can provide anything recent to collaborate the claims of a Trail of Blood, well I am sorry the evidence is just not in your favor. You can believe it if you want to, just like any other heresy or fringe thought.

Thanks, I will believe the word of God. And this means authentic Christianity. Real baptism. Strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Attached: BibleKJV.jpg (320x240, 27.2K)

So the Trail of Blood is now in scripture, care to point it out?

Revelation 12.

Hmm strange, doesn't say anything about the who's or how's nor any proof of the Trail of Blood being true.

Read it and compare it to baptist history and the truth becomes clear.

LOL

literally telling us Christ not only abandoned His church, but left Her for a 100 year old Bride! pathetic

No he didn't, the gates of hell have not prevailed against the baptist church in 2000+ years and they are not about to now. God will not abandon his bride for the Romanist church, which was founded over a millennium after the baptist church, in 1054 AD.

really depends on what protestant means, but the baptist church indeed is a man made tradition not found in the bible

baptists have larped so hard they forgot where they larped from

if i was board owner i definitely wouldn't allow baptists on here. they're barely christians

Imagine getting to Heaven and finding out that it is over 75% Americans

wew

Baptists throughout most of history have come from a wide range of nations, starting with Israelites such as John the baptist.

Its already settled:

britannica.com/topic/Baptist

'Most scholars' also agree that the resurrection is nonsense.

The Resurrection isn't comparable. The historical existence and origins of a denomination isn't within the realm of the supernatural its simply history.

Attached: 6cff49f6744d70e4e51de8120f18f207ef3f9d0d8c9a8935634a4a01ba0f27ae.gif (335x237, 1.8M)

First off, LOL. Second,

I do happen to know of one denomination that has a presence in every nation and celebrated in every tongue since the time of the Great Commission… hmmm… really makes you think.

there are no denominations in the bible

You're right. There is only the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church that offers Confession, Anointing of the Sick, Laying on of Hands, doesn't allow divorce and remarriage, and passes around relics among the community. All the other "denominations" are referred to as heresies.

nope catholic church isn't in the bible

"Most scholars" believe in a lot of antichrist things today. You will be in a very tough spot if you put your trust in them; in whatever "most scholars" say. Sorry if you thought that was some kind of argument.

Actually Biblical scholars takes it quite seriously.

what church did Christ found on St. Peter then? it wasn't your church.

the faith that we find in the Bible

Are you calling Christ a liar? The faith should have St. Peter at its head.

Mostly because of this board, I've been wondering.
I've always been quite sure I'm Baptist, but there's apparently some other baggage with the term that doesn't seem to apply to my church.
If not Baptist, what is "basically Lutheran but believer's baptism?"

The faith should have Christ as it's head, not a man. Did you even read your prooftext?

If Baptists existed at the time of the Apostles, they would have accused the early Christians of worshiping handkerchiefs and aprons.

When is the last time a Baptist confessed to a pastor for reconciliation and the pastor exercised the authority to forgive sins (John 20:20-23)? When is the the last time a Baptist anointed the sick with oil and healed them (James 5:14 and Mark 6:13)? When is the last time a Baptist was conferred pastoral authority or the gifts of the Holy Spirit by a council of elders and the laying on of hands (1 Timothy 4:14 & 5:22 & Acts 8:14-17)?

I don't believe a baptist has ever had the holy ghost, not sure why you are asking me this questions

Well if we're going by Mark 16:18 that means your elders would also have to handle serpents and speak in tongues. When in actuality those were specific signs that followed the apostles. And in James 5:14 more specifically it says to pray over them and thereby they will be healed as God's will be done.
It's called ordination and part of baptist practice since the scriptures were written.
A Christian directs confessions of sins to God.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

That's church discipline, see Matthew 18:15-18.

Guess what, there are no mentions of anyone worshipping handkerchiefs.

It doesn't matter

simple deductive reasoning here; if your church does not have Cephas as its rock, then it is not the Church Christ built

you're so interested in denying the authentic church you condemn yourself

I'm a member of the church that Christ founded, not that which has the satanic pope as it's head instead of Christ

Except this is history, not theology.
You need atleast some historical evidence to disprove it.
Which isn't that hard to establish one way or another.
If you find some retarded liberals saying Adelphopoiesis is gay marriage, for example, you can prove it from groups that still have the rites for the ceremony.
Or directly show it, by relating the testimony of scholar Robin Darling Young, that actually got blessed into such a union by a syriac bishop, and she can testify that the gay thing is complete and utter bullshit, and it's about deep, christian friendship.

pick one and only one.

Provide 1 (one) piece of secular evidence proving that Peter was the first pope/bishop of Rome.

The silence is deafening.

(((secular evidence))) of the first Pope? What would that even look like? A document from Nero acknowledging there is a Christian leader in Rome named Peter? If such a thing existed, it has almost certainly been destroyed by now, considering about 2000 years have passed. Moreover, the secular historians at the time were not interested Christian theology at the time. The body of believers was too small and most of them were being thrown to the lions.

There are writings from early Christians, namely Irenaeus, identifying Peter as the first Bishop of Rome, but you wouldn't accept that because Irenaeus isn't secular.

All that said, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Can you provide 1 (one) piece of (((secular evidence))) proving the Resurrection of Jesus happened? Not that Jesus existed, not that Christians claimed He resurrected from death, I want a secular source proving He did what the Bible says He did.

Most incorrect post I've seen today. The Greek word refers to a big, substantial stone.

the baptist church was founded to troll catholics

the romans slaughtered about the first 5-10 popes until Christians became accepted, about a 100-200 years later

No, because being protestant means that they can be claimed as Christian. They aren't.