Traditional Catholicism General

EXTRA ECCLESIAM NULLA SALUS

ITT: We discuss the Latin Mass, Traditional Catholic Devotions, Pre-Vatican II Catholicism, Douay-Rheims Onlyism, Sedevacantism, Catholic Civilization, and any topic relating to Traditional Catholicism.

Due to the high frequency of shit posting and derailing of threads relating to this kind of topic, NO BAPTISTS ALLOWED. Others groups, such as the Eastern Orthodox, are allowed to participate provided that they are civil and do not attempt to start debates. If a debate does break out and begins to eat up too much of the thread, then please move it to another thread.

fssp.org/en/

sspx.org/en

mostholyfamilymonastery.com/

churchmilitant.com/

wdtprs.com/

trcthoughts.com/

rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/

youtube.com/user/franciscanfriars/videos

youtube.com/user/JohnHollowel/videos

youtube.com/channel/UCEwOuzd7tBgN9fu9GrP5tsw/videos

The Vulgate, along with a faithful English translation of it (Douay-Rheims) can be found here: vulgate.org/

Attached: 13_12_08_2nd_confiteor.jpg (1280x720, 166.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mostholyfamilymonastery.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

SSPX aren't "traditional" they hold to the bugnini mass of 1962 refusing to go to the original pre 1910 version. What does is profit to be disobedient if you just cling to a different form of modernism.

Douay Rheims is indeed the only good translation of the bible although the 1582 to 1610 version not the challoner revision which stops being a literal translation and starts adhering to KJV.

St Jerome vulgate is dogmatically declared as infallible by the council of Trent, and that anyone who contends that all of its books and parts are not sacred scripture is anathema. Thus it is the standard to hold all translations. Novus vulgata is an abomination as it removes scripture like the comma johanan, putting its faith in atheist (((scholarship))). The loth subsequently also follows this abomination practice and people should use the pre 1910 divine office (divinumofficium.org) for non clergy devotion (1962 if clergy).

Jimmy akin is a hack who creates scandal by attacking imaginary strawmen representations of Catholics.

Also there is no such thing as a "traditional catholic". All Catholics are traditional, if you don't believe in sacred tradition then you are a heretic not a Catholic. Stop dividing up God's elect. Either you are for Christ or against him. Catholic vs the condemned, justified vs unjustified.

God bless you all my friends in christ

Why did the Church change its stance on Modernism and the Liturgy?

Pope Michael and his mother are more legitimate than those bunch of weirdos

It didn't. The Holy Church, that perfect body of Christ does not change, for God does not change.

The clergy may become corrupt and try to change the Church but this is impossible

So if the catholic church changes, that means it's not the perfect body of Christ?

Your question is logically incoherent. The Catholic Church is the Body of Christ, it cannot change. Anything that changes that claims to be the catholic church is not the catholic church.

Sure, but if there is a Church that actually is unchanging and of God, but the catholic church changes, could it not be that the other church is the one true faith?

No. I believe in ONE HOLY CATHOLIC AND APOSTOLIC CHURCH. This is the Christian faith. This Church is the body of Christ. It's nature is divine. Divine nature does not change.

If you believe the Christian faith then you can't hold that the Catholic Church changes and that there is another Church

so why did they change their stance on modernism when Pope Pious X clearly taught against it, and they changed the liturgy, Vatican 2.
What will Vatican 3 look like?

oh but it's outward teachings, dogmas and practices can change?

You can believe all this but simply be wrong about that church being the catholic one. If the catholic church changes, is it not another church? hypothetically speaking

I don't get sedevacantists. They're good people and all, but logically it just doesn't make any sense how they can believe there's no real claimant to the throne of St. Peter, when Catholic dogma requires it at it's core.

The seat is vacant for a while every time a pope dies, often for months (and at least once for years).

Did this really need to be separate from the other general?

The Church has never changed its stance on modernism. Or its teachings and dogma. Don't mistake Church for Clergy. Clergy are fallible and often corrupt. As St John Chrysostom says most bishops go to hell, or St Athanasius, hell is paved with the skulls of bishops. Truth and the catholic church does not change because of the opinions of heretics who are ordained but excommunicate themselves by their heresy.

The ancient liturgy was never abrogated, it still exists. It was just repressed by Satans' servants in order to push their abominations into the mass.

Wait a minute. Is there any other kind of Catholicism?
Stop creating divisions where there's none.
There's only Catholics and Heretics.

Does OP not have a problem mixing canonical with schismatic/heretical groups under the "traditionalist" flag?
If you don't recognize Pope Francis as the canonical Bishop of Rome you're not traditionalist in any way, end of story.

Rude sage.

Anyone else love The Young Pope?
I love it almost as much as my favorite Bible verse, Matthew 16:18, which demonstrates the immediate universal jurisdiction of the pope and his ability to make infallible statements ex-cathedra, all without needing any patristic proof from the early church fathers
I love Traditional Catholicism, or as I call it Catholicism, so much that I want to become a monk in a monastery that only ever uses Latin in the liturgy, but I'm having a hard time getting over that I will never get to see my five sons get baptized and then wait countless years before I get to see them receive first communion

Attached: idealPontif.png (456x328, 17.5K)

tbh, I am watching The Young Pope after seeing all the memes, and I understand why the show is just a meme. I am ortho btw

>mostholyfamilymonastery.com/
Please, for the love of God, let me edit your post and remove this. Sedevacantists are Protestants in denial.

Attached: gay bathroom stall laugh.webm (850x366, 776.64K)

Attached: 6B63EE2B-D06F-4C42-ADFD-605C91EF0575.png (666x328, 23.56K)

literally what I was thinking, sedes should just BEGOME

Attached: Kirillov_sergiy_radonezhsky.jpg (900x1144, 1.02M)

I am not entirely sure what purpose this thread serves when there already is a Catholic general.

OP here.

Tried to include all Traditionalist groups, not just ones in communion with the Church but also radical sedevacantists like Most Holy Family and there are sedevacantists on this board.

But not a Traditionalist Catholic general.

Literal protestant D&C. Begone. SSPX borderline sedes aren't traditional and much less the actual sedes. They are a pathetic caricature of real Catholics - because know what a real Catholic does ? Obey the God and His Church which is guided through the Holy Spirit. Anyone saying anything else is a protestant and has to repent or simply shut it. I'm going to report this thread and demand it deleted, because it does nothing to create division.

Are you high or something?

Thread locked, go to Catholic general instead.