Is genetic engineering a a sin? Should be done about the future human animal hybrids if they are not around already?

Is genetic engineering a a sin? Should be done about the future human animal hybrids if they are not around already?

It is satanic

pic related

Attached: 8ccbd7c0b81d7bf01ff7c81a4c77c2d3de99dd0ef7ed795f814a4a8f17a2a4f9.jpg (484x1360, 300.31K)

preventing diseases and retardation would be beneficial, but doing cosmetic stuff or making your sons super masculine and awesome would actually be bad.

Dude, fish guys. 2 spooky, guess I'm insane now.

Attached: Howard Philip Lovecraft.jpg (474x739, 64.93K)

No, it isn't unless it includes unethical stuff, such as human cloning.
Also, human-animal hybrid is impossible and I doubt that those who claim those have even basic understandings in genetics.

It was almost like Lovecraft tried to warn us about the rise of furries. Otherkin rights will probably become mainstream. Transracialidm already a thing supported by cnn.

Well at least it'll stop racism. Everyone can agree that fish people are shit

Attached: The Innsmouth Look by Russ Luckkich.jpg (675x900, 123.12K)

Dice sounds like he died a little on the inside.

Attached: the gay community.png (323x559, 433.09K)

There are two ways to alter genetics. You could either place a gene to increase or decrease a hormone or introduce a foreign gene which humans never had. Undoubtedly, the later is inherently wrong and that's one the most people oppose. However, the former is more or less a grey area, because you can use methods today to boost these hormonal differences, like injecting sHGH into your body, yet even Christians don't protest their use.

i really hope not.
i used to be pretty fully transhumanist but now im not so sure.
i thouhgt i could escape my pooh genetics

It is ultimately sinful.
Genetic engineering COULD be a good thing if we only used it for the eradication of disease.
But we know we won't stop there.
Self-hatred will give way to vanity and people will do all they can to make themselves smarter stronger prettier, etc.
This will result in an extinction of the diverse gene pool in favour of a very few select genes that are perceived as "the best".
At this rate humanity will be an overly specialized race that will be wiped out of existence by a single event that they don't have the diversity to survive.

Of course that's assuming every group of people would all work towards a single standard. Once this sort of tech becomes public, everyone's gonna want a piece, and wish to do something very different with it. I've seen speculation towards a "re-wilding" scenario in which generalized humans are introduced as integral parts of various ecosystems. Of course such ideas are highly questionable, but so be it.

Attached: ManAfterManA.jpg (1235x1600, 242.43K)

Explain? Why would it be wrong to want your son to be healthy and strong?

Mate, given human trends, youll end up with some grotesque caricatures with hyper-developed body features, like last panel in pic related.
We've already had some wtf trends, like corsets squeezing out organs, and humoungous medieval poulaine boots and codpieces that were so big, people couldnt walk properly.

And this is without fleshcrafters doing weird shit, according to the latest trends.

Go away, Qu.

Go away, Qu.

hehe. im still gay and transhumanist
(user was banned for this post)

i dont want to pass on incel genes

who's qu?

Attached: dark wojak.jpg (750x1000, 63.36K)

Dolly the sheep was cloned how many decades ago? Why would they stop there? We know that there are many to whom human life means nothing, so they have no hangups about the accidents they make.

Umm, if you're so scared of your Grandkids having scales and gills you're the one with the problem, not me bigot. There's only one race, the fish-man race.

Well there's a lot of people itt claiming treating just diseases is good, but I'm not sure I buy it. Firstly, who are we to monkey around with stuff like that, just on principle? Secondly, I'm not convinced we know enough about how the genome functions to ensure that gene therapies won't have second-order effects which we don't foresee. Thirdly, even if gene editing therapies work as we imagine they will, this is the first step in legitimizing full-on cosmetic and "performance" gene editing, and God knows how far people could go then, there really isn't a scenario which is implausibly pessimistic in such a scenario, there is no precedent for what could happen.

This is the type of crazy shit I mean. I know it may not be possible (I'm skeptical they'll ever get high-level gene editing to function properly, or that our debauched society will maintain the level of complexity needed to sustain it for long enough to get there), but imagine what the people who envision this as a positive vision for humanity are capable of. I mean to fantasize about altering humanity to such an extent, it makes the cucks who just want their race to be replaced by foreigners blush, why not just kill everyone in the world and have robots take our place, what the winnie the pooh's the difference?

Why not just have a healthier and stronger man than you winnie the pooh your wife? You are who you are, same for your kids. In what meaningful way is raising an engineered child different from raising the child of your wife's boyfriend?

Sometimes I wonder if the US government keeps them locked in little rooms with computers and forces them to shitpost in exchange for food.

because im not being a cuckold.

See the book of Enoch, it is not only a sin, but a sign we are in days like those Noah lived in, all flesh was corrupted on the earth, including beasts and birds because of the evil the fallen angels and their offspring with human women brought.

What is the biblical definition of "Corrupted"?
I've even seen certain types of genetic engineering being called "Genetic Spellcheck" (For de novo mutations i supose)

A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.

Probably. It is ultimately man larping as God handling something complex he does not know well enough. Yeah you may prevent some diseases. But altering something as complex as genome will eventually lead to bad outcomes you did not expect. Also the ethical side of it - using embryos for stem cells?
Thou shall not kill.
But modern man always thinks he knows better than God because according to modern man there is no Logos.
Modern man is wrong though

Appropriate place to put this I suppose, since human modification is obviously evil.

Is genetic modification of plant crops evil? Either in a lab or even through traditional means of crossbreeding? They can both lead to undesirable traits that can damage the local ecology.

Also, what about animals? For example, most Thanksgiving turkeys in the US cannot naturally breed unless humans assist them, they've been bred for mass to the point where they cannot self-reproduce anymore. There are some that are still natural, but they are expensive. All the ones in the store are these other kinds, and are cheap.

Well… you are playing around with the tools God used to create biological beings,so,yeah

autistic post

Outstanding argument
Go play genetic engineering god elsewhere,

In real life cat girls would look like fuzzy goblins