How many online Christians are in it just to LARP?

I see a lot of Christians online (usually trad Catholics or Orthodox) do nothing but spend their time on forums posting controversial memes, flinging insults at other Christians, and being generally uncharitable. All of this makes me wonder: if it weren't for the edgy community the internet provided them, would they be nearly as devout?

I catch myself doing these things at times and I can't help but ask myself the same question. Do you guys ever wonder this as well?

Attached: christcomputer.jpg (1023x767, 71.93K)

I figure anyone who uses Christ to further their own personal narrative - even if I agree with the narrative - is LARPing.

Yeah i used to be in my teens. Its just contrarianism for these people. Im sure almost all of the people here are just in it for the edge and being different even the mods too. Them being late teens and college kids helps my point.

I post here every day and have never been to Church once in my life, am not baptized and don't own a bible

Attached: 1443027427147.png (500x500, 149.74K)

Maybe there's a mix of impulses going on. It's not really fair to say that people who turn up here after being made into angry, wrathful and uncharitable people by the world, can't be given a bit of leeway as they are reconditioned into functioning human beings in Christ.

I personally showed up here after a pretty rough time, and I have of late forgotten my commitment to my faith because the summer break is here, so I've had to reaffirm it. I'm still a bit of an edge-lord but I try to keep it within bounds because it is unpleasant.

Anyway they've got rage to burn and some of it is righteous, so I don't mind. I do however mind people who insist others can never be saved, just because it starts a flame war. It doesn't even make anyone devout, it is just discouraging to see that kind of behaviour.

Then what are you doing here? I'd like to think you are just one of those people who has faith and no church, but knowing the world (and prejudging to a great extent), you're probably here to shill communism for Zig Forums

user, pray every meal and confess your sins to God, eventually the holy spirit will help you in a way that is unique to you. Being saved will bring you an unexplainable peace.

I think it's fun to LARP as a Christian. It makes my life less empty since I am a NEET who sleeps 16 hours a day.

Turn the LARP into reality.

I humbly implore you to go to Church, clearly if you enjoy LARPing as a Christian so much you are bound to enjoy being one. You crave meaning and purpose.

Please knock, and it will be opened for you. I'm saddened by how you have described your situation, and I hope you can change it. Go and fellowship with real people.

Attached: SadPepe.jpg (240x193, 11.37K)

God can help you, seek and you shall find.

Nihilism, easy to start, hard to finish, and ultimately ends up looking like split personality disorder with what it professes, in its philosophy

Attached: Aslan sings narnia into existence.jpg (500x510 80.74 KB, 141.12K)

these are often new converts, new converts are zealous, doesn't matter the religion or denomination. They are excited about knew knowledge, and often lack the necessary spiritual self-development that comes with years of prayer and meditation and actually going to church and socializing with older christians.

Attached: DhjNpr-VMAAE_bt.jpg (1024x846, 144.51K)

It doesn't matter how they became devout. The edge is a good gate way to getting bread-pilled, you gain some you lose some inevitably. Some just stay larpers until for whatever reason fades away. Larpers can be a double-edged sword, they can deter or aid in the process of becoming breadpill.

I started out as an atheist when I first came here and thought this board was a joke, but eventually became a firm believer in Christianity and have read through most of the bible and done my best to pray daily.

Only recently (and I've been calling myself "christian" for 2 years now) have I begun to realize how badly I need a church family. And yet the hours I am forced to pull on weekends at my job combined with the pressures of college make it all but impossible for me to keep the sabbath if not grow in faith through others. I live and work almost all alone, and when I wallow in sin, I am like a pig in its filth.

What the hell can I do but LARP?

Attached: 327af1f317f766d5909a2f85b4e76570a244947bab093c34421c5711cace76a7.jpg (800x800, 151.02K)

In medieval times Christians would make huge, life-threatening pilgrimages simply to reach some holy site or relic or resting place of a saint.
There's no excuse to avoid church for long periods of time. vid related.

it's very helpful to have someone go with you, but don't be afraid to go by yourself and be aloof.

Absolutely true when modernism is "what I don't like".

*which it is in 95% of the cases when "modernism" is called out on this board

Nice try good goys.
Modernism is everything that hasn't been around for most of European history, like internationalism, religious tolerance, homosexuality, fornication, racemixing, feminism, etc.

And every one of us is, as a believing Christian, not only entitled but also obliged to oppose every single one of those things.

So your Church would not marry a white christian to an african christian, based on what teaching?

Attached: ethiopian orthodox girl.jpg (683x1024, 308.97K)

I think there are varying degrees of this. Some people are legitimate Christians who just get caught up in the shallow internet culture a bit too much. Others I think are indeed LARPers who treat Christianity and their specific denomination like just another secular ideology. The worst sort of LARPer treats this incredibly important matter of salvation and damnation about as seriously as some argument on /v/.

I think most online Catholics/orthodox we see is just counter-culture against degeneracy, which explains why they're so open to the fact their """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""apostolic"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" traditions are a product of development and just meme otherwise in response.

I hope everyone here will someday embrace God's true grace than what nominal Christianity tries to offer.

Attached: Blank _b2fdcf8fa0da86e1ac5c241f6c7b2e9c.jpg (305x326, 35.85K)

"But there are also many other things which Jesus did; which, if they were written every one, the world itself, I think, would not be able to contain the books that should be written."

"Having more things to write unto you, I would not by paper and ink: for I hope that I shall be with you, and speak face to face: that your joy may be full."

"Therefore, brethren, stand fast; and hold the traditions which you have learned, whether by word, or by our epistle."

"Again Jesus said to them, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent Me, so also I am sending you.” 22When He had said this, He breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you withhold forgiveness from anyone, it is withheld."

Get Apostolic, or get behind me, Satan.

We have a thread for this specific purpose:

So you mention it, but direct a reply away when you are unable to defend your argument. Sounds like a larp. Come back when you're serious. >>>Zig Forums

I browse here every day, I've been to church plenty of times (but I'm currently looking for a less lukewarm one), I am baptized, and I own several Bibles.

I have a lot of respect for irl Orthodox, in my city us Catholics and Orthodox do a lot of charity events together. They're a but ethnic minded (e g wanting to segregate themselves based on ethnic lines)but other than that theyre faithful people.

However online "orthodox" though are completely different. They're mostly American Zig Forums spergs looking to be edgy but mainstream Christianity isn't cool enough. The difference between how orthodox act irl and online is sp dramatic that it cant be the same group of people. And just look at the stories a lot of them tell. A lot of them complain about orthodox being unwelcoming, well I'm guessing most orthodox priests in the US have to deal these type regularly and naturally wont put the effort in to accomodate a pseudo-Christian spastic who is just looking for his "pure russian trad wife"

You can tell how much of a larp something is by the amount of Americans participate in it.

I have a million arguments against racemixing, biblical and common sense, and some of them you will find in the thread. I don't have the time to type an answer to every racemixed kike shill such as yourself.

Heck off bud, I was raised Christian. I can't stand the LARPs either.

Welcome to the Internet, normies are always the least vocal here. I'm born Orthodox, I believe in Christ, I go to church, fast and partake in communion, yet I am practically a fascist and no amount of name-calling will change my mind: Racist, anti-semite, and now "larper" (even though this actually refers to neo-pagans).

If you don't go to mass, don't pray, repent, try to follow commandments.
Every time you don't do these things but go online to read stuff about tradition, christian monarchy, traditional morality, traditional aesthetic you are LARPing.

Also, this is most disingenuous and uncharitable:
The One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church is the church for all Christians, it is theeternal and perfect bride of Christ and could not be made worse by anyone's earnest membership in it. Everyone should begome Orthodox, and every nation can have their own national Orthodox Church.

What's wrong with reading about those things? Most christians are interested in them to some extent

Not him, but I’m pretty sure he said it’s only a problem when you’re not actually practicing the religion.

It's a coarse and tasteless road to Christ, for a coarse and tasteless time, which has made a coarse and tasteless generation. This is somewhat related to the thread "on anger" but I may as well post it here: mass society is at it's root antisocial. The rules that deal with normal socialization break down over communication at such a great scale, i.e. in your personal life, being slow to anger is great advice (you have a real relationship with most who anger you, not escalating and burning ridges is almost always good sense), however the inverse becomes true when dealing with mass communication. Silently bearing insult doesn't work as an example of Christian temperance online, it only makes you look as though you've lost, and being crass to people online who you have only a transitory relationship with doesn't carry the same risks as someone whom you really know. By far the best example of this is Trump. Every time anyone hits him, he hits back twice as hard, and that's why we love him. Contrast this approach with the living joke Jeb Bush (forgetting for a moment that he, like the others in the Bush clan is a servant of the Devil), his strategy was to 'take the high road' and not fight back while being verbally slaughtered, and thus he was proverbially slaughtered, despite being the early favorite of the establishment. Christendom was reduced to it's current abysmal state through many factors, but one of the primary ones was unanswered scorn and ridicule through mass media. Hence one can understand why ultimately whatever Christians emerge from this social wreckage will be those who are willing to fight back in the same manner. Luckily those who are the most outspoken anti-Christians are also the most mentally weak and susceptible to verbal attack. I know this thread was more about Cath V. Orthodox but that is just a microcosm of this larger dynamic

Imo there is nothing really unchristian or even uncharitable about this, we can recognize that the virtue of charity cannot be extended to larger social and political entities such as government, likewise the virtue of temperance and civility may only be applicable in a limited way to mass media as it stands now. Besides, these people had their chance to be civil and squandered it, our charity is meant primarily for the bystanders, who through our ridicule might see the idiocy and evil of our opponents, and so avoid their grievous error. Think of it like how smacking a burglar over the head is charity toward his potential victims, not malice toward him.

Firstly, it is obvious that the Church does and should perform interracial marriages. Second, this says nothing about the wisdom or charity of racemixing; racemixing is an assault on the social foundation of your community for what is at best a selfish concern, and at worst (and more likely) just fetishism (looking at all the yellow-fever dorks on this board). The idiotic concept of "true (romantic) love conquering all" which has been popularized by perfidious Jews is the message of radical individualism and materialistic atheism, not Christ. Marriage is for procreation, not an expression of love, hence why marriage cannot be undone (were it otherwise, to fall out of love would be to justify dissolving marriage, but this isn't the case). Your spouse isn't a substitute for your ethnic heritage, community, and social bonds, and to set those against your marriage is personal folly and public insult. What starts as an erosion of ethnic identity shortly progresses to social confusion and from hence a collapse of public faith. One need only look at how the cult of racial egalitarianism has supplanted the truth of Christ in the western world to see such an effect at work (although miscegenation is only one contributing factor in this, to be fair).

That being said, people need not be saved from their bad decisions, their marriages are valid just as the marriage of two ill suited spouses who hate one another is. I'd only ask that any who would do such a thing would have the courtesy to join their spouse in their own country, our communities are in a sorry enough state as it is. I would be happy if the government made this mandatory, it's that big of a hazard.

If you dislike these obvious facts feel free to vent here

< As in life, on internet
The internet is just reflecting the truth of the world.
Being a follower of Christ is nothing to do with being born into a Christian family, it's about a personal commitment to and a relationship with God.
I tend to think that's a bridge too far for most people. Going to church every second Sunday and doing the rosary or reciting specific prayers six-times as fast as you can without much thought is enough religiosity for a month.

Without seeking to turn this sectarian, it is my conviction that Cathodox churches excel at engendering such behaviour amongst their flock, or, rather, excel at failing to dissuade it. And, ultimately, this is because they are less convert churches and more hereditary churches: the church you attend because your parents or Nonna go. I know that's an unfair characterisation for the true believers amongst those churches, but I also know some of you will even nod in agreement.

The solution – and I admit I am only spitballing here – is to embrace one thing some protestant churches have taken even to extreme: preaching emphatically the Gospel and being prepared to watch people leave when they object to such "overzealous religiosity".

Typical Zig Forums poster, I'll warrant. Especially in the hyper-LARP threads. Like this one

Attached: the-gospel-in-90-sec.mp4 (320x240, 3.44M)

Attached: throw-out-the-baby-with-the-bathwater.jpg (311x260, 36.51K)

Next to giving up ones own life for his friends, which you should be willing to do for your spouse anyway.

Realized as soon as I hit "new reply" that that's just what He did for the Church. Pls no bully

Thanks for posting St Crysostom's homily again, we really need more help on that front here.

You've just described 90% of "traditionalists" and sedes.

There's tons of Christian Larpers. I think we should encourage it. If a person pretends to be Christian what do you think they're looking for? And if they do it long enough what do you think happens? It's magnificent there's so many now. Don't you see? These shitposting autists are slowly coming to Christ. God calls all of us. Encourage them and be patient with them.

this. except israel and the usa since they aren’t real nations lmao

"Let no man criticize the day you celebrate the Sabbath."

R Catholic churches celebrate every morning, Wednesday night, Saturday night, and two to three times Sunday. Baptists (the only ones I know are Black) celebrate all day Sunday, with rolling attendance. I've even seen a motorcycle chapel with 4pm Sunday service.
Go forth and praise the Lord. Whenever and wherever you can.

Don’t mind me just cheking somthin
>>>Zig Forums

🙄
It’s relativism and sexual “liberation”, brainlet.
t. fascist “Christian”
‘no’

Wrong.

Just listen to yourself talk. Is this a freaking copypasta?

Attached: 694F6EF1-BE28-43CF-9CD2-27F82474CA56.jpeg (625x446, 75.09K)

No they would not praise the Lord for he works in mysterious ways and will go out to grab the lost sheep himself if it is required of him. One who loves the Lord and practices the faith truly can not LARP for LARPing implies they are only pretending.

One one hand it is pride and for that they must be rebuked for pride will lead to sin even if it is in the name of the Lord, the Lord knows this and has his ways of humbling his followers before him, but at the same time those people trad Catholics or Orthodox understand that the door into heaven is narrow and the effort required to get in with as little suffering as possible is great.

Jesus did not dine with the holy men of the day he choose to dine with tax collectors and sinners. Where else would the lord gather his flock from in this age of apostasy where many in his own church do not keep his teaching.

The Lord has no more need for a Church of men willing to compromise the faith in the name of being nice. I say to you Catholics who are faithful pray your rosary daily, go to church as often as possible, read your bible and study the early church because the hour is near where the Lord will humble his Church and only those who keep the true faith will be left amidst the rubble.

tell your employer you require Sundays off for religious reasons. If they are a large company they probably some religious tolerance guidelines (or don't want to face a potential discrimination lawsuit) and if they are a small family-owned business then you should be on good enough terms with them to explain that you are a Christian and desire to go to church on Sundays. I've mostly worked at the latter and have never had a problem negotiating my schedule around my religion.

this place made me afraid of hell and made me go to confession, but also made me an edgelord

You enjoy neetdom right? Well, why not become a Catholic Monk? Make your dream into reality! Trust in God!

Monks don’t watch anime all day long.

Not with that attitude! We should just make our own monastic order!

The Holy Order of the Hikikomori …

Attached: 0e3.png (379x214, 15.58K)

Right. They read Sacred Scripture, which is arguably more interesting than anime. Maccabees > Dragon Ball

I don't know if you are kidding or being facetious, but being a monastic is a bit more than religious neetdom, and the reality of this would hit you liek a truck if you were ever to try it out.

I wish I could find more to talk to online but on English speaking internet it's much harder to find Orthodox and most of the English speaking Catholic world is attending Novus Ordo. Most of the memes and such are created by hipster contrarians that aren't actually associated with either group, those same people will post memes praising Fascism or extreme primitive paganism or whatever right next to trad Christian memes, basically anything opposed to modernity is open season for these people.

Larping is a good tool to be used on lukewarm christians. It's also a transitional stage for many guys. First you larp then it becomes the goal to achieve, then it becomes reality. I think I am past the larping stage online for the most part and now I focus on IRL - I really try to do what I preach by larping. It's fine to do some larping for the guys that undergo that stage right now.
But as you said I also wonder how many guys pass that to actually do something irl instead of simply larping online while jerking off to hentai

Can't blame the christian larpers. It's a symptom of the decline of this world understanding. They are eager for a non materialistic phase with strong values. Perhaps they'll go further and start living it for real instead of just larping.

I think most of the tradcats and orthodox are larpers. The types who learned everything about Catholicism from playing Crusader Kings II or people from Oklahoma or wherever and say they love "Mother Russia". Sometimes people larp as ultra-backwoods baptists but they are rarer.