What kind of church should I attend today?

Hey Zig Forums,

So far I've explored baptist, pentecostal, vineyard, cornerstone, catholic, LDS, anglican, and 12 tribes.

12 tribes is by far the most loving and serious body I've experienced.

I'm wondering if anyone has any interesting ideas of churches to attend today. The more out of the ordinary it is, the more it will be appreciated.

Attached: becca.jpg (959x956, 102.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twelvetribes.com/
atlasobscura.com/places/24-hour-church-elvis
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The one where Jesus attends.

Ooooh very constructive. Mind explaining which one that is?

report.
sage.

You'll know when you get there.

Or you can just tell me instead of pretending to be wise and mysterious like Yoda.

back to >>>/islam/
did that other thread trigger you?

What's the fun in that?

What are you even going on about? Why would I go to where the stinky quran huggers hang out?

Fun for you, not for me.

Attached: truth.jpg (800x900, 58.14K)

cause you're a troll, whether pagan or islam or pol doesn't matter

I'm sure this is b8, but it won't kill me to comment.
Cults. Attend a Christian church. It doesn't matter how nice and cuddly they are, what matters is orthodoxy. You're not a social club, you're the body of Christ who is giving Him glory. Everything else is superfluous. Read your Bible, the New Testament in particular, and judge a church by those standards.

I'm not trolling. I'm not into paganism, or islam.

I just asked for church suggestions. I'm not here to debate which is the correct one.

This is not bate, and I'm not trolling. Don't know why people are assuming such.

I'm not looking for boring ol' sit in a chair and listen to somebody preach.

Everybody except 12 tribes has had that from my experience, including the LDS. The only difference with the LDS is that they require people take ownership and duties of the church.

I'm looking for magnificence. And given the fact that the almighty God is in the picture, I'm sure that's not too much to ask?

you could just google map your area and church hop, we don't know where you live or what applies to your area.
And this sort of thread very easily degenerates into denominational bickering. Also you write like a redditor and you think LDS is "christian"…come on

I'm in Winnipeg, MB, Canada. Should have said that.

I don't want bickering, I just want constructive suggestions. With the LDS thing, I also don't care if you deem it a Christian denomination or not.

I don't even deal with them anymore, so it's of no concern to me.

Again, everything is superfluous except for the message that is being preached. People are calling you a troll because you seem to be trading truth for comfort.

Hey Becca,

You appear Unitarian, try there.

Sincerely,
user

I'm not a troll but someone you don't agree with.

Yeah, I'm not looking for a place with the best "doctrine" but a place that will provide me with joy.

You may not agree with that, which is your right; But still feel free to give suggestions.

As in universalism?

Will it be sit in rows and listen to someone preach, stand up to sing, then repeat?

I'm more looking for something eccentric and different.

Maybe you should try a country club instead of a church. Or the local Taco Bell.

Very funny.

Eastern Orthodox is missing from your list.

What's "12 Tribes"?

/thread
Is OP making fun of religious girls? Weak.

twelvetribes.com/

You don't have to be in this thread if you think I'm such a terrible person. And no, that is a picture of me, thanks.

Because as we all know, Christ said 'goeth into the world and picketh thy own church to attend, whichever is most fun for thee and makest thou feel fluffy inside'.

If you're not a troll, then you're a fool. Go find your McChurch somewhere else.

Yeah, I'm not going to go to a individualistic church where people apathetically repeat the same words and songs, doze off to a message they're not listening to, then repeat once every week ritualistically. After the service is over, everybody goes home to their own independent lives, treats each other like distant cousins they don't really care about.

I think I'd rather eat dog poop. Feel free to suggest churches that don't meet those parameters.

Or if I offend you so much, leave this thread?

They require you sell all possessions, live with them, and learn to be a disciple of Christ with them.

They are an actual body, and there is no favoritism among them.

Every single task, even the menial ones has some sort of scriptural basis. It's pretty amazing.

I'm too selfish to join though.

Wow Twelve Tribes sounds like a comfy denomination. At the very least they seem to be living their faith, I can respect that. I hope they're not one of those organizations that seems all cheery on the outside but operates like a cult on the inside though

Here ya go
atlasobscura.com/places/24-hour-church-elvis

The definition of cult is "a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister."

The early church would have been deemed a cult at the start of things.

Ha-ha

The definition of a cult prior to today's PC culture was anything that deviates from the message of Christ.

I wouldn't define cult that way, I would say a cult is an organization with religious or pseudo-religious beliefs that is authoritarian in nature and exercises undue influence over the lives of its members, using psychological tactics to keep them in line, threats and even violence. Scientology is a cult not because their beliefs are weird, but because they hire detectives to dig up dirt on their own members in order to blackmail them into staying in the Church. That is cultlike behavior.

And after I looked up Twelve Tribes on wikipedia it appears they are toeing the cult line, shame.

So I guess the Protestants deem the Catholics a cult, the Catholics the Protestants, the LDS everybody, everybody the LDS, and so forth.

[citation needed]

Attached: 23095829062.jpg (264x398, 50.65K)

Go charm snakes while on mescalin in the desert.

So … Republicans!

Anyone not sageing this bait thread should be ashamed of themselves

Attached: 4ac700acbe3126b085c4cb41e399a1ed3cc86ca15b254477945795fc558dcb9d.png (480x454, 332.64K)

If you join a church for superficial, emotional reasons, you'll leave as soon as it doesn't deliver the feels anymore.
That's why everyone itt has been telling you that truth is more important than feeling good.
After all, the Apostles led objectively miserable lives, having to suffer beatings, mockings, arrests, and other terrible afflictions.
But they had joy, not because they had a feel good group to be around, but because they had the greatest news of truth ever.

Who's that girl?
Asking for a friend.

attend no church until youve read the bible cover to cover 3times, then go to one to observe their folly.

That isn't really a thing. You need to attend a church that collectively worships like the church has always worships, which means liturgical - word and altar. They also need to uphold the historic faith - which means apostolic or LCMS, or OPC. They will disciple you and teach you the faith. Your priest should have a spent a few years at seminary being properly formed so he can pass on the faith. If they don't affirm the Nicene creed, leave immediately.

Also, the sermons should make you feel as much bad as good.

what does the nicene creed have to do with anything? besides, being a 501c3 is tremendously more offensive.

The Nicene creed is an orthodox and catholic (small o, small c) statement of the faith, accepted by everyone, everywhere, at all times. If your church won't explicitly affirm it, worry.

You have a problem with tax exemption?

eeeeeeh you just sound a bit desperate about it.

yes because the ceo of the state church chooses to limit what he is allowed to preach so that he can keep his shekels because hes too much of a coward to appeal to the 16th amendment never being ratified to risk facing the beast, but still too greedy to not want to pay the taxes.

makes. me. sick.

Attached: EF950F90-DC7E-4EBE-BD8C-848F2B81F9C3.jpeg (988x606, 85.98K)

I don't remember the book, chapter, and verse, but it goes something like this: "Wherever men gather to preach my gospel, there I am."

As long as the church isn't preaching a false gospel from a false prophet (whether they be Arius, Pelagius, Muhammad, Joseph Smith, Charles Taze Russell, Ellen G. White, or Joel Osteen, or any number of others), then it doesn't matter. As long as they're preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ, then any church is fine.

How can you preach His gospel if you preach a false teaching? For 1,500 years, the sense of the importance of Apostolic tradition and apostolic interpretation guided by the Holy Spirit was absolutely essential.

However, personal interpretation is expressly forbidden by St. Peter, and this begs the question, What IS personal interpretation? Anything that is not of the Church is literally personal interpretation, there is no arbiter of the faith, no check, no rein on what is preached is true.

Scripture itself affirms the importance of TEACHING; the Eunuch read and did not understand, then how can any Protestant?

No, if you are not preaching by the authority of the Apostles, then you preach a gospel foreign to that of Christ, for Christ Himself gave His authority and His Holy Spirit upon them.

If you're doing this purely out of interest, then just make a list and explore them all. If you're doing this in search of the truth, then go to Jesus and ask Him which church He wants you to go to.

go to a Church that claims it has St. Peter

Yeah, but which church has the authority of the apostles? The Roman Catholic church, the Eastern Orthodox church, or the Oriental Orthodox church? Or maybe all of them. The reasons people give for the Eastern and Oriental churches being in schism (monophysitism) isn't valid since Orientals don't adhere to monophysitism. And exactly who is at fault for the East-West schism depends on who you ask. The double excommunication of 1054 is often cited as the point where the break occurred, but the churches had been drifting apart for centuries before that, and no one on either side of the split really recognized that a split even had occurred for another couple centuries afterwards.

So, where is the real church in all this?

The Apostolic Succession is successfully established for the Catholic and Orthodox Church. I dunno about oriental orthodox, google it.

Any Church with valid apostolic succession.

Anglicans consider themselves to have valid apostolic succession, but because of the history of the Anglican communion, namely the break in church doctrine which lead to their holy orders, non-Anglicans generally don't agree. On the other hand, as far as I know, Catholics and Eastern Orthodox generally consider the other to have valid succession. I don't know the Catholic view of the Orientals, but many Eastern Orthodox don't consider them to have valid succession because of the monophysite controversy. I don't tend to agree with that, though.

Yes, they legitimately do not have a valid apostolic succession. They have as much a valid apostolic succession as the Lutherans do.

The Catholic-Orthodox schism is a different topic entirely, however, the apostolic succession and bestowal of sacraments are completely valid.

being considered invalid, is what I meant to say. Woops.

Attached: d63.jpeg (600x909, 29.79K)

It means any church but the Catholic one.

Why does my ID change so often? Even just an hour or two after posting it changes; what the heck mang.

test

christian server

discord gg/Xw4V7Jb