Hypothetical proposition

For the sake of argument, let's we created an AI that analyzed every bible translation, church father, interpretative word of the bible, Christian-theological debate, manuscript, etc. to answer the question of which Christian denomination resembles what the Jesus/apostles had in mind of the church.

If the answer is a different denomination than your own, would you join that church or appeal to emotion/authority then just walk away?

Attached: irobotsunny1.png (300x330, 138.75K)

Didn't you make this thread like a month ago?

no.
I'll use my own logic/brain/muscles/spirit to figure things out

Plot twist: it's already been done

Attached: Capture.PNG (790x978, 88.55K)

A) What we create is flawed. Why would I trust what I made?
B) God gave us brains to use it.

But who has apostolic succession?

Attached: Bishops.PNG (808x653, 58.67K)

Various churches and breakaway churches have valid apostolic succession.

It would give no concrete result, without human scholarship, I think. Because there is the issue of what the authors of the Bible meant, and I don't know if an AI could reach a conclusion without looking at what scholarship has to say.

If scholars are also analyzed… then the answer would be "none" probably, because no church in existence today is a copy-paste of the New Testament communities and the late 1st-early 2nd century communities.
Churches that use the model of a single bishop as leader of a church, rather than a college of priests, would be rejected, as well as churches that don't do baptism for the dead (a practice mentionned by Paul in 1 Corinthians, neither positively nor negatively), and so on…

If there is a result anyway, I guess I would be curious to see the AI's reasonment behind picking its choice, and I might entertain it, but if I'm not convinced by it I'm not going to listen to the AI anyway just because it's smarter than me.

The problem is that, if development of doctrine is taken into account, and so the Church Fathers, the history of the Church, the councils, etc. are taken into account as well, then I think the AI would struggle. Neither Catholicism or Orthodoxy portrays the fullness of the pre-schism traditions, due to the diversity that was lost with the schism.
I'd be more curious to have an AI try to figure out how to solve the schism without compromise of dogma for either side.

The plot thickuns

Attached: Capture.PNG (657x971, 98.51K)

ohnonononononono

Would this computer be named Peter II?

ALEXA NOO!!!

I guess Google doesn't have much respect for their audience's intelligence.

Funny, most christian churches consider themselves Catholic, too. Maybe it's a subtle way of saying we're the true Catholics?

No; robots can never become human beings.

I'd go with whatever denomination honors the Father, the Son, and the Spirit, and honors God's Word as infallible and inerrant. Also, my judgement would be influenced by the dominance of the denomination in the given region. Children need a community to call home as they grow up, after all.

Alexa also thinks Jesus is fictional

Not "according to the Bible"

also

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

I shiggy diggy

idungetit

He stole my heretic idea.

yeah if i trusted it

surely nothing bad will happen

Attached: Turris_Babel_by_Athanasius_Kircher.jpg (1868x1916, 1.22M)

*Logos*, a 50 TB self-evolving neural network double backflip off the high platform (by Terry Davis)

What makes you think that this hasn’t happened already? The technology has been in place for the last eight years. Did you think that they would do this and then send you an email letting you know that it had happened

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (971x565, 52.48K)

A heartless autismo-robot would probably conclude Judaism because it's a heartless autismo religion.

"Catholic ministers may licitly administer the sacraments of penance, Eucharist and anointing of the sick to members of the oriental churches which do not have full Communion with the Catholic Church, if they ask on their own for the sacraments and are properly disposed. This holds also for members of other churches, which in the judgment of the Apostolic See are in the same condition as the oriental churches as far as these sacraments are concerned" (CIC 844 § 3).

The Catholic Church and the Orthodox Churches. Just because you are not in communion with us does not mean we don't think you are a part of the true church. The fact that we were separated for hundreds of years and you didn't go full Prottie and start removing books, mistranslating stuff, and micro schisiming into thousands of denominations must mean something.

bump

Why, oh why would you try and resurrect this retarded thread? Sage

Incidentally, Terry Davis is Catholic.

Copyright (c) 2018 user:
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document
under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3
or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation;
with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts.
A copy of the license is included in the section entitled "GNU
Free Documentation License".

Attached: stallman gun.png (958x718 1.66 MB, 973.63K)